GrandMasterLynx

Early release for streamers

384 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I luck out in that I know my hobbies most of the time and am already on board. Beyond that I luck out. I picked up Dishonored blind, and I'll be damned if that wasn't my favorite game that year. I'm not one to put too much stock into reviewers. But, with that I didn't realize how shifty some "establishments" can be. 

As far as your second paragraph, I'm with you. The one thing about streamers I guess is that you have to sit back and watch them play to get the scoop. I don't have time for that more often then not. They'd need to actually break it down Barney style to catch my eye. 

I think I'm more or less the same. I honestly can't remember the last time, if ever, I bought a game because of it's reviews. If I'm interested I'm going to probably try it anyway at some point. I'm also a "casual" gamer so I'm never waiting for the next big thing.

On 5/11/2017 at 5:19 AM, JasonVoorhees13 said:

twice maybe 3 times if you count the whole october issue.

3 times Delayed. I purchased it when it said "October 2016". Then "Fall"... Then "Early 2016"... now "May 26th". But it is what it is. I knew it was going to be delayed, (The silence just before hitting a date and then delaying it is something i didn't like myself, but hey-ho).

For everyone else. Once someone has provided feedback directly to those involved and if you are still unhappy about the game on release or conduct by those providing the game or development processes after handing money over to them, Reflect and mention that in your Steam/Digital store review should the final product not be up to "par" or the treatment/service is of concern, That's what it's there for.

If you feel mistreated, tell them. If you still feel mistreated, accurately tell potential consumers. Let potential buyers decide on what to make of the game and quality of service. However people are aware of common practice procedures and don't care about what if scenario's... So suck it up if your gripe falls into that category.

It is normal for devs to send out builds earlier for review and publicity. I do however understand not liking not getting the game "early"... Lets face it... we all want it now.

Caliph likes this

11 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I think I'm more or less the same. I honestly can't remember the last time, if ever, I bought a game because of it's reviews. If I'm interested I'm going to probably try it anyway at some point. I'm also a "casual" gamer so I'm never waiting for the next big thing.

Same. I still play Skyrim and Fallout 4 more then most new games. I've bought five games in the last two years. F13 will be six. 

5 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Is that the case? Sheesh. Guess you just can't trust anybody.

You kind of can't. Which is why I decide for myself. I may watch gameplay, but the opinion of the person playing holds no bearing on whether I purchase or not. The source doesn't matter whether it's official news outlets or youtubers.

1 hour ago, DEATH said:

You kind of can't. Which is why I decide for myself. I may watch gameplay, but the opinion of the person playing holds no bearing on whether I purchase or not. The source doesn't matter whether it's official news outlets or youtubers.

You can trust someone to give you their opinion. And like all things, opinions will vary. You can pretty much mostly trust in that. If you're looking at reviews to help decide if you want to buy something, I always advise reading multiple ones, even from sites you might hate and checking the gameplay out from a streamer or two. 

For my part, I can only say there are streamers/YouTube content makers (or both) who I absolutely consider at least as legitimate if not more to me on a personal level than any review sites out there.

Ones that I've watched for years so have a pretty good handle on what they'll enjoy or not, and whether I'll enjoy it or not. I've got a level of trust from watching and interacting for so long, definitely. I appreciate that is something that has to be built up.

Not that it wouldn't be nice seeing a nice shiny number from an IGN or whatever, naturally. I care less about that myself, but a lot of people especially on a casual and corporate level do.

8 hours ago, ShankerOne said:

You can trust someone to give you their opinion. And like all things, opinions will vary. You can pretty much mostly trust in that. If you're looking at reviews to help decide if you want to buy something, I always advise reading multiple ones, even from sites you might hate and checking the gameplay out from a streamer or two. 

I guess that's sort of true. I just don't trust opinions that are paid for or ones from people acting like idiots on YouTube. The only opinions I take into account are my friends opinions as they aren't being paid to tell me about it and while our tastes do differ here and there we do like similar games for the most part. Again I just kind of feel like official outlets are just shills and YouTubers act like hyperactive idiots making their opinions mean even less, but that again is why I will watch hours of gameplay without taking the opinions of the person into account at all before making my decision to buy or not.

Randy mentioned on last night's stream that WWE's Austin Creed is going to be doing some streaming coverage of the game.

He's been building his channel UpUpDownDown for a couple years now, featuring a lot of his pro wrestler friends playing various videogames, and he has over a million subscribers by this point. That'll be a really good signal boost for the game.

DialM, Dr B DDS and thatdudescott like this

On 4/25/2017 at 10:22 PM, GrandMasterLynx said:

I didn't get a email for a early release I know I'm a small streamer but I would love to be able to stream this for the viewers that I have if you guys can find it in your heart I would love to be able to play this early 

15 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Never trust websites most of them will say anything since they get paid same with YouTuber and Twitch

So never trust you?

Some people offer more to a business than others. Like celebrities getting free perks. Streamers are the celebrities of the gaming world. Deal with it. Getting the key day of stings more than this, but this is pretty standard.

Whats the general thought here? Do you think theyll give it early to streamers? I hope they give console versions early to them, curious to see how it runs on ps4.

3 hours ago, antonz said:

Whats the general thought here? Do you think theyll give it early to streamers? I hope they give console versions early to them, curious to see how it runs on ps4.

I think it'll be a limited play session with devs or PR folks with the streamers and it will be a few games aimed at showing off the new content and features, as I've said in earlier posts. People keep saying over and over they believe it's some kind of they get it and can play til launch thing...it's not. But it is extremely common for devs to do these little play sessions with media and streamers prior to the release of a game. It's mind numbingly common.

So no, they won't be getting the all access pass to play out the week to launch. They will likely get a day or so with some members of the team in a session with other streamers.

antonz and dandop1984 like this

On 5/13/2017 at 4:24 PM, EscoNitz said:

So never trust you?

That's up to you besides look at No Man's Sky that game is a piece of 💩 and still has good reviews so yea I rather not trust anybody rather watch different gameplay and go to Redbox and rent the game to see if it's worth the $60+

I also saw that Ben liked you post I know he won't like this but that's really sad to like a post like that since I was just trying to help telling people to trust themselves and not somebody who got a free copy of the game so if somebody says Friday the 13th is worse than a piece of 💩 so we should trust their opinion right? Wrong you shouldn't trust them a lot of my friends said Watch Dogs sucked I for one loved it the Multiplayer did suck a bit but it wasn't bad but if I listen to them I wouldn't have played it at all so all I'm saying is trust your own judgment not somebody else's opinion 

Hell you don't even need to trust this if you want to that's fine if you don't that's fine

11 hours ago, antonz said:

If I had to guess, I'd assume anyone playing early will be playing on PC. The console "builds" won't be out until the day of. That's why there's been no pre-order for them yet. The early PC build is already out there.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

If I had to guess, I'd assume anyone playing early will be playing on PC. The console "builds" won't be out until the day of. That's why there's been no pre-order for them yet. The early PC build is already out there.

They really should show some game footage for Xbox One & PS4 but they won't till the game comes out and for that in makes me think will it suck just like other games that don't get any review copies and up sucking I hope this isn't the case 

Just now, GrandMasterLynx said:

They really should show some game footage for Xbox One & PS4 but they won't till the game comes out and for that in makes me think will it suck just like other games that don't get any review copies and up sucking I hope this isn't the case 

I really wouldn't worry about it. The game isn't intensive in any way, really...graphics, AI, etc...It's a pretty simple game. Consoles might be locked to 30fps. But that wouldn't hurt a game like this. You don't need 60fps unless you're playing shooters / sports / fast paced games. A game like this can play fine at 30fps. In fact, 30fps may help the game feel more cinematic. 60fps can be too fluid in some cases...

(Note: I play most of my games on PC above 80fps)

Survival likes this

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I really wouldn't worry about it. The game isn't intensive in any way, really...graphics, AI, etc...It's a pretty simple game. Consoles might be locked to 30fps. But that wouldn't hurt a game like this. You don't need 60fps unless you're playing shooters / sports / fast paced games. A game like this can play fine at 30fps. In fact, 30fps may help the game feel more cinematic. 60fps can be too fluid in some cases...

(Note: I play most of my games on PC above 80fps)

Graphics don't mean anything to me but with a Company that won't show what it looks like on all systems really say something like the top of the line engine makes people think like OMG THE GRAPHICS so to me it's hard to trust a company who won't show what it looks like on consoles 

18 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Graphics don't mean anything to me but with a Company that won't show what it looks like on all systems really say something like the top of the line engine makes people think like OMG THE GRAPHICS so to me it's hard to trust a company who won't show what it looks like on consoles 

So if graphics don't mean anything to you...what is it you're worried about?

I think the graphics will be comparable to PC on medium, medium/low settings like just about every other game that goes to PC and consoles.

And besides, even on PC, what have we seen besides the beta? The clothing packs?

You people really like to worry for nothing around here these days. Launch can't come soon enough - although I'm sure that'll only open more doors for bitching.

DEATH and DialM like this

27 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Launch can't come soon enough - although I'm sure that'll only open more doors for bitching.

Go look on any multiplayer games forums, their will ALWAYS be more bitching.

Lets me and the rest of this forum be real for a second, this game will not launch perfectly, something will go wrong at launch. It may be the servers, it may be a balance issue or an exploit discovered the day of or after launch. It may be that one platform ends up running like shit, or that the codes for backers are delayed. It could be one of a million little things. Its virtually impossible that everything will be super smooth.

So ya, I FULLY expect all the saltiness that we see here to grow larger and more pronounced after launch. We are going to see someone complaining non stop about some issue or another the game has. We are going to see folks bitching that they cant buy the clothing packs anymore, and others bitching that they bought it in the first place. We are going to see LOL THIS GAME IS SHIT CANT WAIT FOR LAST YEAR GUYS, and "This game could of been great if the devs listened to me!"

Just remember one thing, in the end its all totally fucking irrelevant. The devs will do what they do, we are all just along for the ride. Just remember, the first month or so of this game is probibly going to be the funnest period it will ever have. Don't ruin it for yourself by bitching about what could be, enjoy it for what it is. We will have plenty of time for that salty bullshit that always comes a month or two post launch.

For launch however...

Survival, ShankerOne, DialM and 4 others like this

18 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

So if graphics don't mean anything to you...what is it you're worried about?

I think the graphics will be comparable to PC on medium, medium/low settings like just about every other game that goes to PC and consoles.

And besides, even on PC, what have we seen besides the beta? The clothing packs?

You people really like to worry for nothing around here these days. Launch can't come soon enough - although I'm sure that'll only open more doors for bitching.

Well it's more like they should release how the game looks and plays for the Consoles like they would just release PC early instead of doing Xbox One & PS4

Graphics is the last thing I care about gameplay story mechanics that's what should matter Graphics do help so they really should show the gameplay instead of making consoles laters wait till release day 

3 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Well it's more like they should release how the game looks and plays for the Consoles like they would just release PC early instead of doing Xbox One & PS4

Graphics is the last thing I care about gameplay story mechanics that's what should matter Graphics do help so they really should show the gameplay instead of making consoles laters wait till release day 

Uhhh OK  if we are not talking graphics, it plays exactly like it does on PC. What do you expect to be different? 

DialM likes this

58 minutes ago, JPops said:

Uhhh OK  if we are not talking graphics, it plays exactly like it does on PC. What do you expect to be different? 

I'm not with Lynx or following any of his logic but I wouldn't mind seeing some console footage as a console player.

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm not with Lynx or following any of his logic but I wouldn't mind seeing some console footage as a console player.

Maybe that's coming was part of that streamer event. Possibly gameplay from all 3 platforms. Maybe.