GrandMasterLynx

Early release for streamers

384 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

so why not release to all who pre-ordered? Im heated because i get the feeling like we got their money so f-them. I know its harsh but im having hard time seeing why if you paid for the game and its ready to be released why cant you give it to them. I agree i want the game to last and become a full game one day. im as die hard jason fan as anyone could be. if it was freddy or mikey i wouldnt be so up set.

the only reason i can see sending to high end streamers is to get them to only tell the positives about the game and not a truthful review like not enough maps not enough things to interact with and stuff like that.

Calm down.  You'll be fine.  The game will be here soon.  Until then, prepare for it by rewatching the movies.  Study.  Brush up.  Plan.  What would jason do?  

RandallFlagg likes this

Lame! If the youtube wannabe celebs get to play their PC copy the rest should too. Think how many people will be posting their videos and spreading the word faster then the handful of Jim Jones who give out free cool aide.

5 hours ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

so why not release to all who pre-ordered? Im heated because i get the feeling like we got their money so f-them. I know its harsh but im having hard time seeing why if you paid for the game and its ready to be released why cant you give it to them. I agree i want the game to last and become a full game one day. im as die hard jason fan as anyone could be. if it was freddy or mikey i wouldnt be so up set.

the only reason i can see sending to high end streamers is to get them to only tell the positives about the game and not a truthful review like not enough maps not enough things to interact with and stuff like that.

If people really wanted to see the game already they would have checked on YouTube

so what if the Big Streamers will say this game is shit fucking dumb fuck this ham don't buy it since it will be a waste of time

shouldn't you guys let us the fans play this game early to spread the word of how great the game is 

10 hours ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

I gotta admit .... this kinda rubs me the wrong way. We paid for the game. I already bought it. And 2 virtual cabins. Want me to stream it? Sure. No problem. Letting us have the game when they give it to the streamers isnt going to stop people from buying it. 

That said.....Im not too bent out of shape. Just annoyed. I will say this though.....I fully agree that if the streamers get to kill Jason and ruin it for the rest of us before we even had a chance Ill be more than pissed. 

Beyond that ... if I get in the game and the streamers get to keep their XP from before the rest of us had access Im pretty sure Ill ask steam for a refund. I preordered. I want in on the same level playing field as everyone else on release. In beta you knew who had been playtesting before it opened because they were already running around with Sackhead. That was beta so OK cool. If its like that on general release just because someone has no job and has time to play video games constantly they get to have the new toy and have an advantage over me Ill be really childishly pissed. 

Great point about XP/Unlocks- everyone should start at 0 on launch day. Giving streamers an unfair advantage would be a kick in the teeth.

Babalonkie and Survival like this

14 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

If people really wanted to see the game already they would have checked on YouTube

so what if the Big Streamers will say this game is shit fucking dumb fuck this ham don't buy it since it will be a waste of time

shouldn't you guys let us the fans play this game early to spread the word of how great the game is 

Your criticism is highly hypocritical. In one breath you cast stones and say this is an unfair move and it's about the fans. Yet it was you who went and said you were a content creator insistently asking for access when in fact you have not even created anything in about 10 years. To me it is this, if you are going to call people out you should stand behind your principals. To say one thing and then do otherwise paints a pretty clear picture that the problem is not the practice in itself but the problem is the fact it is not you whom has access. So which is it? Is it a snub to the fans or do you feel it's a snub to you personally? I am not in the habit of calling people out but to act like you are against a pretty standard practice in the gaming industry then ask for access yourself is not really a good way to attempt and make a point. 

How much EARLY those "selected" streamers will get the game, days, weeks, ...?

4 minutes ago, ZeroCool22 said:

How much EARLY those "selected" streamers will get the game, days, weeks, ...?

Purely speculating. My guess is they will probably have set play hours over a one week period that may include members of Gun Media or illfonic as part of the event. I don't expect it will be much more than that but that would give them enough time to compile footage over several games via Twitch or YouTube and have it out on the week leading up to launch.

Just my take anyway. :)

1 minute ago, ShankerOne said:

Purely speculating. My guess is they will probably have set play hours over a one week period that may include members of Gun Media or illfonic as part of the event. I don't expect it will be much more than that but that would give them enough time to compile footage over several games via Twitch or YouTube and have it out on the week leading up to launch.

That could make some sense.

32 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

That would work for almost all parties, I'd think. Gun get's it's advertising, Streamers get to play a game people want to see and all but the most pissed off fans/backers don't feel totally overlooked. Sure there will be a few people still displeased, but that was an inevitability anyhow.

Ban_All_Music likes this

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

That would work for almost all parties, I'd think. Gun get's it's advertising, Streamers get to play a game people want to see and all but the most pissed off fans/backers don't feel totally overlooked. Sure there will be a few people still displeased, but that was an inevitability anyhow.

Jason1428ElmVoorhees is gonna be pissed. 

if streamers and everyone whos brown nosing gets early access. I feel they need to continue to stand by their word and everyone and i mean everyone gets to start from zero on day 1. i still think its bs not giving the backers early access without them this wouldve never happen.  karma goes a full circle, treating fans that funded this game like this might come back to haunt them on future projects. Im not talking just about early release to streamers, but also the delays, and all the content that has been cut even after promising certain stuff.

I haven't made a video for about 6 years but before that I been making a tons of videos one of my videos has 16M views

I was saying that everybody should be able to play this game early not just YouTubers an Twitch Streamers

I proved my point that all you guys wanna do is let the BIG YOUTUBERS & TWITCH STREAMERS

get the game early thank you for proving my point

I could have made videos awhile ago but I had a GF so I spent time with her sorry that I wanted to have a GirlFriend over making videos 

I will be making videos again starting July 13th that will be my 10 Year Anniversary

The 1st Game I uploaded was Friday the 13th

If you guys really want more people to know about this let all the backers get the game early it wouldn't hurt if you let us play as well as the big streamers 

And then let the "Pre Orders" play EARLY just some days after Backers.

1 hour ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Jason1428ElmVoorhees is gonna be pissed. 

Dare I ask who this is?

I feel like it's test day and I didn't study. 

29 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Dare I ask who this is?

I feel like it's test day and I didn't study. 

Just a joke about the really angry people. 

10 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Just a joke about the really angry people. 

Ok. I sorta thought it was a farcical nod to a particular user's handle, but I wasn't sure. 

Ban_All_Music likes this

...Do you guys just blatantly ignore what the developers state in the forums when they post here? It's not BIG NAME YOUTUBERS that are getting early access just for the sake of getting early access. It's YouTube Influencers who have a platform (whether big or small) built on quality material WHO HAVE ALSO contributed to the development of the F13 game WITHOUT trying to get something out of the developers. The aren't giving it to BIG NAME INTERNET CELEBS-- they're giving it to FANS of the game who can help raise awareness of the game with the careers they have chosen to do and the platform they have. They're letting people WHOSE JOB IT IS TO BE AN INTERNET INFLUENCE actually do that to serve their purpose and spread more awareness of F13 to people who may not have heard about it otherwise.

Can they give access to everyone? Assuming Sony/Microsoft DO actually have everything ready, then sure. Would you be happy? Sure. Would it be productive? No. Releasing it to everyone without additional advertising puts the game in a position to fail within the first year given that there's a hefty cost to keep servers alive. What the fuck do you want more-- the ability to play the game for a year and then have it fail due to a lack of funds, or the ability to play it for years to come knowing that funding was secure and that advertising happened in the time it needed to happen before the release to generate further hype? If it's the latter, then stop your fucking complaining and just wait a few weeks.

And, furthermore (jesus fucking christ) have any of you snowflakes ever even made a game before? Are you in the entertainment industry? Do you know the ins and outs of creating a game? What about the intricate legal process behind it that you can't share because of intricate legal processes? 

Yes, I know the Beta is on YouTube, but not everyone knows the Beta footage (a beta that the developers didn't even have to release) is even on YouTube-- just in the same way all of you guys don't know there are particular videos on YouTube that were posted months ago that you haven't seen. I bet just earlier today someone saw a video that was posted a year ago that they didn't even know existed.

TL;DR - What the developers are doing (early access for the sake of advertising and securing funds) is something that every development company does, especially for Let's Players. If you can't grasp that it's a very simple process that is going to ensure the game has funding to keep servers live for a few years, then just... promise me you won't procreate because you're obviously a level of stupid that I'm just not even able to comprehend.

On a more positive note: None of you have any power to change the developers mind when it comes to how they choose to release and advertise a game they made. So, please, just be patient and wait a few weeks for the game to release. I promise that your complaining won't make anything go faster, it's just going to make you mad.

GunMedia_Ben and Maddogg_8121 like this

44 minutes ago, Invictus said:

...Do you guys just blatantly ignore what the developers state in the forums when they post here? It's not BIG NAME YOUTUBERS that are getting early access just for the sake of getting early access. It's YouTube Influencers who have a platform (whether big or small) built on quality material WHO HAVE ALSO contributed to the development of the F13 game WITHOUT trying to get something out of the developers. The aren't giving it to BIG NAME INTERNET CELEBS-- they're giving it to FANS of the game who can help raise awareness of the game with the careers they have chosen to do and the platform they have. They're letting people WHOSE JOB IT IS TO BE AN INTERNET INFLUENCE actually do that to serve their purpose and spread more awareness of F13 to people who may not have heard about it otherwise.

Can they give access to everyone? Assuming Sony/Microsoft DO actually have everything ready, then sure. Would you be happy? Sure. Would it be productive? No. Releasing it to everyone without additional advertising puts the game in a position to fail within the first year given that there's a hefty cost to keep servers alive. What the fuck do you want more-- the ability to play the game for a year and then have it fail due to a lack of funds, or the ability to play it for years to come knowing that funding was secure and that advertising happened in the time it needed to happen before the release to generate further hype? If it's the latter, then stop your fucking complaining and just wait a few weeks.

And, furthermore (jesus fucking christ) have any of you snowflakes ever even made a game before? Are you in the entertainment industry? Do you know the ins and outs of creating a game? What about the intricate legal process behind it that you can't share because of intricate legal processes? 

Yes, I know the Beta is on YouTube, but not everyone knows the Beta footage (a beta that the developers didn't even have to release) is even on YouTube-- just in the same way all of you guys don't know there are particular videos on YouTube that were posted months ago that you haven't seen. I bet just earlier today someone saw a video that was posted a year ago that they didn't even know existed.

TL;DR - What the developers are doing (early access for the sake of advertising and securing funds) is something that every development company does, especially for Let's Players. If you can't grasp that it's a very simple process that is going to ensure the game has funding to keep servers live for a few years, then just... promise me you won't procreate because you're obviously a level of stupid that I'm just not even able to comprehend.

On a more positive note: None of you have any power to change the developers mind when it comes to how they choose to release and advertise a game they made. So, please, just be patient and wait a few weeks for the game to release. I promise that your complaining won't make anything go faster, it's just going to make you mad.

Babalonkie and Davidt like this

12 hours ago, JPops said:

Your criticism is highly hypocritical. In one breath you cast stones and say this is an unfair move and it's about the fans. Yet it was you who went and said you were a content creator insistently asking for access when in fact you have not even created anything in about 10 years. To me it is this, if you are going to call people out you should stand behind your principals. To say one thing and then do otherwise paints a pretty clear picture that the problem is not the practice in itself but the problem is the fact it is not you whom has access. So which is it? Is it a snub to the fans or do you feel it's a snub to you personally? I am not in the habit of calling people out but to act like you are against a pretty standard practice in the gaming industry then ask for access yourself is not really a good way to attempt and make a point. 

... damn, if no one else will post it I will.

savage-af-women-s-t-shirts-women-s-t-shi

6 minutes ago, Davidt said:

"i dont know what we're yelling about"

At this point its unclear to me aswell. :|

We don't know enough about the streamer situation to justify outrage. At this point all we know is they are planning... something with the streamers/Youtubetards

If we are going to grab the torches and pitchforks lets wait until we know what kind of monster Frankenstein has cooked up first.

13 minutes ago, SkinnDaddy said:

Early access for anyone but backers is some bullshit. Period. 

Yup and they don't like us calling them out for it

7 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Yup and they don't like us calling them out for it

Gonna throw this out there again since you guys obviously don't listen: Early access is going out to the backers, they just happen to be YouTubers as well.

Maddogg_8121 likes this

7 hours ago, SkinnDaddy said:

Early access for anyone but backers is some bullshit. Period. 

Early access for anyone but Pre Orders is some bullshit. Period.