GrandMasterLynx

Early release for streamers

183 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Smartz1 said:

MST3K is cool and absolutely add to. Streamers...well, not my cup of tea. I've never understood watching someone play a game when I could spend that time PLAYING the game. I know that digresses from the point of early copies for streamers, but that's really just a troll topic of "Let's see how I can try to angle getting an early copy". 

I never really watch streamers myself at all I just watch how the gameplay is before I go out to buy it I didn't buy it already 

1 hour ago, ShankerOne said:

If you're quick witted you can craft comedy gold on the fly.

Hopefully I don't come off sounding like an asshole, but I really should be a streamer.

9 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Hopefully I don't come off sounding like an asshole, but I really should be a streamer.

Sound more like a jackass lol JK

good luck if you do

3 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Sound more like a jackass lol JK

good luck if you do

Who needs luck? I follow the Jack Burton philosophy of life. 

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it." 

1 hour ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

I never really watch streamers myself at all I just watch how the gameplay is before I go out to buy it I didn't buy it already 

It's so cute how this addresses one part of the comment but completely ignores the other, LOL. 

42 minutes ago, Smartz1 said:

It's so cute how this addresses one part of the comment but completely ignores the other, LOL. 

Meaning I don't follow any streamers I just watch gameplay and that's it just like going on YouTube to check out gameplay so I don't see how my statement is wrong 

How does one start to stream?  I'd eventually like to stream.  What equipment and/or programs would be needed to stream from ps4?  I already have twitch.  

Also, i really like Charmin. That guy is a wealth of friday the 13Th movie knowledge.   I also follow avenger and laphin.  I found their streams for the beta funny when they would all play together.  Charmin is really awesome at being jason. 

Edit: found some info online.  Seems easy enough. 

Like a few others in this forum have said, a few of the streamers who streamed F13 were rather irritating. Charmin, Centerstrain and 1 or 2 others I like. Ohmwrecker is tolerable.

Laphin, Bryce and H20Delirious though, sorry but I watched about 2 minutes of their beta videos and stopped watching. The things they do and the way they talk just irritated the shit out of me. 

I personally don't think it's fair that streamers get to play it early either. Yeah they bring in the views, but it really should be those of us who pre-ordered via Kickstarter/Backerkit that get to play too. We've been around for quite a while supporting them through to release, but don't get the same privileges :(

SomebodyFancy likes this

7 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Yes if you check their Twitter Friday the 13th the game

If your a content creator you might just have gotten a email from us

For one, all of this is hearsay. Everything about them getting early access is a rumor based on a tweet that F13 sent to ALL of their followers, it could be purely informational stuff for all we know.

For another what business is it for people to complain about what Gun decides to do for their promotional content even if it were an early access thing? We'll be playing in less than a month, let them do what they want. If that means we get more direct content, then hooray. I don't see the reason to complain.

This is a *** joke... okay... okay...

I will not argue anymore, it does not seem to work, critical people will always be rotuled as "whiners" or "cry baby"
I will just accept the things as they are, like all apple-polisher and alienated ppl.

4 hours ago, GrifterWolf said:

For one, all of this is hearsay

I dunno,someone from gun elaborated/defended the idea of streamers playing early on the reddit thread that was posted,and everyone there is pretty pissed off. And rightfully so...You may not see reason to complain,but I along with many others, do. And that's why there is more than one flavor of ice cream.

39 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I dunno,someone from gun elaborated/defended the idea of streamers playing early on the reddit thread that was posted,and everyone there is pretty pissed off. And rightfully so...You may not see reason to complain,but I along with many others, do. And that's why there is more than one flavor of ice cream.

Yea let's give like PewDiePie early access he says the game sucks ass he will never player it after he played the Counselor & Jason

the game is a piece of shit it's gay and whatever else so if he does this and other high streamers say this as well what do you think will happen to all the sales?

nobody will be buying this game

so why not let the people who backed this game stream it instead or just let us play it early and not let the big streamers get it early 

2 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Yea let's give like PewDiePie early access he says the game sucks ass he will never player it after he played the Counselor & Jason

the game is a piece of shit it's gay and whatever else so if he does this and other high streamers say this as well what do you think will happen to all the sales?

To be fair, anybody with eyes and a potato for a brain can see the game doesn't suck ass. If Pewder showed gameplay footage that wasn't heavily edited to fit his narrative,that would work against him. 

3 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

nobody will be buying this game

Except all the people who will. 

4 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

so why not let the people who backed this game stream it instead or just let us play it early and not let the big streamers get it early 

I agree with this for a few reasons. I'll preface my views as though Gun does want to give early access and this isn't them reaching out for other reasons. 

1. The backers are the sole reason this game is coming out. I get that Gun wants to make the game as popular as hotcakes and sell it to everybody and their grandma too, but respect your roots. 

2. I'm worred that if streamers are given access to a full game (as in Jason can die etc) that it will affect both the meta and the mystery. I get that is going to happen regardless, but I'm not liking the idea of others possibly having weeks of headstart.

3. Simply put, I don't like being treated like a pleb. While I don't have some massive following, my comments and ferver for the game on my own personal social media has caught the interest and excitement of more then a few pals, who plan to play if for no other reason then just to kill me. They've never watched these streamers and don't know them if I mention them. 

4. Being a "little guy" themselves, it seems like Gun wouldn't shoot itself in the foot with the masses. While I plan to play F13 regardless, future dealing with the company are not absolute certainty. (at least for me**.) Pissing off everybody with the "Early 2017" delay* didn't win them hearts and minds, and I don't see catering to a small group at the expense of the kickstarters/backers helping. 

* The delay didn't piss me off. Waiting to the last minute to announce it did a bit. The idea of streamers getting access however, has me pretty flipping annoyed.

** The most important thing is content. Even though I like Gun, I wouldn't buy a "two old people humping" simulator. But if their business practices start to piss me off enough, I wouldn't bother even if the content is decent. Ask EA or Capcom what I've bought of theirs in the last few years.

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

To be fair, anybody with eyes and a potato for a brain can see the game doesn't suck ass. If Pewder showed gameplay footage that wasn't heavily edited to fit his narrative,that would work against him. 

Except all the people who will. 

I agree with this for a few reasons. I'll preface my views as though Gun does want to give early access and this isn't them reaching out for other reasons. 

1. The backers are the sole reason this game is coming out. I get that Gun wants to make the game as popular as hotcakes and sell it to everybody and their grandma too, but respect your roots. 

2. I'm worred that if streamers are given access to a full game (as in Jason can die etc) that it will affect both the meta and the mystery. I get that is going to happen regardless, but I'm not liking the idea of others possibly having weeks of headstart.

3. Simply put, I don't like being treated like a pleb. While I don't have some massive following, my comments and ferver for the game on my own personal social media has caught the interest and excitement of more then a few pals, who plan to play if for no other reason then just to kill me. They've never watched these streamers and don't know them if I mention them. 

4. Being a "little guy" themselves, it seems like Gun wouldn't shoot itself in the foot with the masses. While I plan to play F13 regardless, future dealing with the company are not absolute certainty. (at least for me**.) Pissing off everybody with the "Early 2017" delay* didn't win them hearts and minds, and I don't see catering to a small group at the expense of the kickstarters/backers helping. 

* The delay didn't piss me off. Waiting to the last minute to announce it did a bit. The idea of streamers getting access however, has me pretty flipping annoyed.

** The most important thing is content. Even though I like Gun, I wouldn't buy a "two old people humping" simulator. But if their business practices start to piss me off enough, I wouldn't bother even if the content is decent. Ask EA or Capcom what I've bought of theirs in the last few years.

THIS. All of THIS.

ALL OF IT.

Babalonkie likes this

7 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Now if somebody from Gun would reply to this thread that would be great 

Official word from Reddit:

This is more so that people that might not have heard of our game, or looked at the beta, or watched any videos has a chance to learn about it from someone they already follow. We hope that the reach that those creators has is able to give someone new the opportunity to learn about our game.

It's the same vein as why critics are given a chance to watch movies early, or a band performs a song on Conan before the album comes out. Generate interest, expand out outreach and hope that when launch comes there's never a worry about getting into a game with people around the world. :). The fans keep the game alive, but the more fans to play, the better for everyone!

<_<

38 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

This is more so that people that might not have heard of our game, or looked at the beta, or watched any videos has a chance to learn about it from someone they already follow. We hope that the reach that those creators has is able to give someone new the opportunity to learn about our game.

It's the same vein as why critics are given a chance to watch movies early, or a band performs a song on Conan before the album comes out. Generate interest, expand out outreach and hope that when launch comes there's never a worry about getting into a game with people around the world. :). The fans keep the game alive, but the more fans to play, the better for everyone!

<_<

People following those guys should have already seen beta footage. It's still the chassis on what the finished product is going to be, no?

I'm not pleased right now, but there are a few if's to if I'm going to be angry about it.

If the game is coded like the beta where Jason can't be killed, I'm cool. 

If the game isn't demystified by the time it drops, I'm cool. 

If the game is given in a reasonably short window before launch, I'm cool. 

If we have clowns playing so far ahead of time that interest dies down again prior to launch, or I see a thumbnail "I killed Jason!!" derping on Youtube, I'm going to pretty much take this as akin to being spat upon by Gun.

My feeling is Gun's best bet is to give out a version where Jason can't be killed about a week ahead of time to stoke interest. 

If Gun alienates it's core fans to cater to the masses, what is the point? Maybe they should ask Marvel how that's been working out for them.

Caliph and Babalonkie like this

Well they made changes before and promised them post launch.

1. Phone gameplay

2. Listening to the outcry about Jason's traps before we've even had a chance to play them, talking patch post launch to allow counselors to remove them with a pocket knife.

3. Fence breakage to effect looping

They may just change their stance on this too. Who knows. I can understand why they might do it, but I don't agree with it either. It should be everybody at once.

Let me first start out by saying that when we talk with content creators, streamers and people that can spread the word on our game; we look at how their work is made. We look at quality, we look at content and we look at what someone is going to do for their channel to bring this game to the forefront of as many people as possible. 

We haven't discussed what we're doing publicly yet, but I can tell you that we're working for the best interests of this game. We want it to survive, we want it to thrive, we want you all to be able to play for years to come. We can't let this game be a flash in the pan...and if we can't get traction on people playing, that's exactly what is going to happen. You have to think long-tail here; streamers and YouTube channels are mainly there for entertainment. They find something they like or can be engaging, they play for a bit and they move on to the next shiny game. We have a core community that we listen to quite a lot and engage with on a day-to-day basis. You guys are the community, but a core community does not necessarily mean we're going to be able to build up funds for all the things we want to do for this game. 

You guys are our community, you guys are our supporters....but what good is it down the road when not enough people played or we can't continue to fund growing the game when there aren't enough people playing or buying the game? We want this to be the definitive F13 experience in gaming, right? The crowd-funding we got simply wasn't enough. We've been fighting tooth and nail via Backerkit to raise funds and we lowered funding quotas to try to get things going, but in all honesty funding is and always has been key. We have a monumental amount of interest in the game, and we will make sure that we can do everything to let people know that this game exists, it is fun, and the people who made it and support it are fans first and foremost. 

Streamers and YouTube creators aren't being given special treatment as in 'look at this game, you get it before anyone else.' You can't look at that mindset from our perspective. We want them to cover this game, talk about it and spread the word the same as we would want the LA Times, Kotaku, Game Informer, The AV Club and CNN too; we want more people to know about this game. It's pretty safe to say that the majority of people that are going to play this game still do not know it exists; we promise you that. This is standard practice with any project; a movie pre-screens for reviewers, a band plays a single for record labels and critics, and every game worth their salt makes sure that they can spread the word by any means necessary. 

Our goal is eyeballs, our goal is a fun game and our goal is to ensure that every single person has fun playing it. 

2 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

<_<

Why would they not already look it up if they're not a fan of Friday the 13th the backers should be the ones to play this early not high follow count my Dad hasn't heard of this or played it so can he get early access that would be cool

but we all know the people who already streamed this and put videos up on YouTube will still get early access

I mean come on it's meant for people who never heard played seen this game 🤔 like ya if that's the case why would they even bother playing this 🤔

The people who get early accessshould be the backers let us show off the game while we stream it 

25 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Let me first start out by saying that when we talk with content creators, streamers and people that can spread the word on our game; we look at how their work is made. We look at quality, we look at content and we look at what someone is going to do for their channel to bring this game to the forefront of as many people as possible. 

We haven't discussed what we're doing publicly yet, but I can tell you that we're working for the best interests of this game. We want it to survive, we want it to thrive, we want you all to be able to play for years to come. We can't let this game be a flash in the pan...and if we can't get traction on people playing, that's exactly what is going to happen. You have to think long-tail here; streamers and YouTube channels are mainly there for entertainment. They find something they like or can be engaging, they play for a bit and they move on to the next shiny game. We have a core community that we listen to quite a lot and engage with on a day-to-day basis. You guys are the community, but a core community does not necessarily mean we're going to be able to build up funds for all the things we want to do for this game. 

You guys are our community, you guys are our supporters....but what good is it down the road when not enough people played or we can't continue to fund growing the game when there aren't enough people playing or buying the game? We want this to be the definitive F13 experience in gaming, right? The crowd-funding we got simply wasn't enough. We've been fighting tooth and nail via Backerkit to raise funds and we lowered funding quotas to try to get things going, but in all honesty funding is and always has been key. We have a monumental amount of interest in the game, and we will make sure that we can do everything to let people know that this game exists, it is fun, and the people who made it and support it are fans first and foremost. 

Streamers and YouTube creators aren't being given special treatment as in 'look at this game, you get it before anyone else.' You can't look at that mindset from our perspective. We want them to cover this game, talk about it and spread the word the same as we would want the LA Times, Kotaku, Game Informer, The AV Club and CNN too; we want more people to know about this game. It's pretty safe to say that the majority of people that are going to play this game still do not know it exists; we promise you that. This is standard practice with any project; a movie pre-screens for reviewers, a band plays a single for record labels and critics, and every game worth their salt makes sure that they can spread the word by any means necessary. 

Our goal is eyeballs, our goal is a fun game and our goal is to ensure that every single person has fun playing it. 

Well said.

It's unfortunate obviously that I personally didn't meat the criteria, but I totally get it. I saw someone mention that it's not fair content creators get stuff early, but it really is basically advertising for the game. It's a symbiotic relationship in the sense that both parties benifit largely from the partnership.

I hope that they do a second round of emails though, I want to make that list! 

Lexandremon and tyrant666 like this

I will never fathom all the people around who keep asking why they didn't get an email and begging for Early Access. More than half of gamers online today have a youtube channel and/or a Twitch Channel and stream. You can't honestly expect them to give out EA to ANYONE with a stream or channel. That'd be pretty much the entire community.

And coming on here and begging that you should get one because you 'really want to play' is like trying to tell everyone else here that you want to play MORE than the rest of us and deserve special treatment. That's rather insulting to say the least.

And as I've said before, I have zero issues with them giving EA to streamers OTHER than things being spoiled like how to defeat Jason etc. before the game even launches. If they can give EA to them and still allow launch to be full of surprises and mysteries and everyone trying to figure stuff out, I'm all for it. 

Like Ben said, we want this game to succeed. All the 'backers' can moan as much as they want but the truth of the matter is, this game will live and die on the non-backers, and non-fans. They make up the BULK of the sales that will push this game forward or make it sink. Mainstream gamers who don't know anything about the game and never even heard of it are the people that need to be tapped to help ensure sales for this game remain high so the game doesn't fizzle out after a few months. 

You have to remember they are a business and this is a product. You can't let your personal bias cloud that and pretend that everything has to be about you the fans and only the fans. That's not how business works, and any company that ever tries to focus solely and only on the fans, fails hard. There has to be a medium between pleasing the fans and appeasing the mainstream. And that's what they're trying to do. 

So let's relax with the hate on this EA. We know when we're gonna play the game. Stop worrying about a few media guys playing it before you. Fact is, a lot of them already are. This is just the first time you're publicly hearing about it. So don't get your panties in an uproar about it.