GrandMasterLynx

Early release for streamers

285 posts in this topic

I didn't get a email for a early release I know I'm a small streamer but I would love to be able to stream this for the viewers that I have if you guys can find it in your heart I would love to be able to play this early 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

I know I'm a small streamer 

It's sounds like they are reaching out to the big dawgs of streaming. I have no idea who they would be. I know that one guy powpowguy but that's all. But,like just asking all the hottest of the hot girls to prom who may be out of reach,after they get turned down maybe they go back to the smaller streamers again. Who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I wagered a guess I'd say folks like Laphin, CohhCarnage, H20Delirious, Ohmwrecked, Satalizer, and Lyrik just to name a few. They played pretty regular during the beta and had some fairly entertaining videos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShankerOne said:

If I wagered a guess I'd say folks like Lauphin, CohhCarnage, H20Delirious, Ohmwrecked, Satalizer, and Lyrik just to name a few. They played pretty regular during the beta and had some fairly entertaining videos.

Your idea of entertaining and mine are quite different.

Those are the sorts of dipshits I'd mute. 

Also you forgot Charmin, you heathen.

Kodiak likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Risinggrave said:

Your idea of entertaining and mine are quite different.

Those are the sorts of dipshits I'd mute. 

Also you forgot Charmin, you heathen.

Brief summery. I could have named more. I figured they would roll with guys that have sizable audiences that seemed to make some decent vids during the beta. Charmin would certainly have made the extended list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShankerOne said:

Brief summery. I could have named more. I figured they would roll with guys that have sizable audiences that seemed to make some decent vids during the beta. Charmin would certainly have made the extended list.

I just wanted to call you a heathen. 

ShankerOne likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Your idea of entertaining and mine are quite different.

Those are the sorts of dipshits I'd mute. 

Also you forgot Charmin, you heathen.

Yup I feel the same way I couldn't stand them at all

thatdudescott likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The beta was the first time I watched any streamers and I usually had to mute them. I won't be watching any streams but I hope they don't spoil anything before the game comes out because we'll all hear about it whatever it is.

Also, aren't streamers somewhat like reviewers? How objective can you be if you're getting special privileges?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

The beta was the first time I watched any streamers and I usually had to mute them. I won't be watching any streams but I hope they don't spoil anything before the game comes out because we'll all hear about it whatever it is.

Also, aren't streamers somewhat like reviewers? How objective can you be if you're getting special privileges?

Depends on the streamer. Most stream for entertainment. But you do have a few that like to do journalistic style reviews. That said, it's not uncommon for reviewers to get advanced copies sometimes from the publisher to have the reviews out early (assuming the publisher is confident in their developer's work). But in this case it's mostly about entertainment and previewing the game for the public rather than reviewing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShankerOne said:

Depends on the streamer. Most stream for entertainment. But you do have a few that like to do journalistic style reviews.

I haven't really figured out how streamers get labelled as "content creators" when they just talk over a game made by somebody else that anyone can play- I assumed someone like the Angry Video Game Nerd would be considered a content creator because he creates videos using elements of the game out of game while reviewing said game. I guess anything is technically "content" though?

thatdudescott likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bewareofbears said:

I haven't really figured out how streamers get labelled as "content creators" when they just talk over a game made by somebody else that anyone can play- I assumed someone like the Angry Video Game Nerd would be considered a content creator because he creates videos using elements of the game out of game while reviewing said game. I guess anything is technically "content" though?

The entertainment medium is an evolving field. In the case of streaming think of it as the game being the canvas and the streamer being the artist. Some can be very entertaining, some can bomb. But it can be very entertaining at times, particularly with multiplayer games like F13 where each game is different and any number of things can happen. If you're quick witted you can craft comedy gold on the fly.

Austin.JM likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShankerOne said:

If I wagered a guess I'd say folks like Laphin, CohhCarnage, H20Delirious, Ohmwrecked, Satalizer, and Lyrik just to name a few. They played pretty regular during the beta and had some fairly entertaining videos.

I'm sorry to say but they were sooooo annoying 

so many of them were yelling it's like really you gotta yell to get views SMFH

bewareofbears likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

The entertainment medium is an evolving field. In the case of streaming think of it as the game being the canvas and the streamer being the artist. Some can be very entertaining, some can bomb. But it can be very entertaining at times, particularly with multiplayer games like F13 where each game is different and any number of things can happen. If you're quick witted you can craft comedy gold on the fly.

At the same time, we don't really look at sports announcers as artists though? Maybe the rare one who is more interesting than the game. I get what you're saying though but I don't think I'll ever consider streaming an art. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

At the same time though, we don't really look at sports announcers as artists though? Maybe the rare one who is more interesting than the game. I get what you're saying though but I don't think I'll ever consider streaming an art. :)

I would. You ever watched a sport with a boring arse announcer as opposed to an entertaining or energetic one? :P Dull.

People have varying opinions on it like anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lexandremon said:

This can't be real, srsly? who said that streamers will get early acess?

Yes if you check their Twitter Friday the 13th the game

 

If your a content creator you might just have gotten a email from us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

At the same time, we don't really look at sports announcers as artists though? Maybe the rare one who is more interesting than the game. I get what you're saying though but I don't think I'll ever consider streaming an art. :)

I am in the same boat with you. It is like when people call a pop star singing another's person's song an "artist." They are vocalists. Which is the exact definition of what they do. I would call streamers like Delirious "comedic entertainment." I personally enjoy Delirious, but to think of putting him in the same category of someone like Stanley Kubrick(or any genius artist in the various mediums of art) is a joke in itself. 

Nomadder likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

I don't know anything else I can say about this topic other than this. I'll leave it there. :P

 

Like how they should let all the backers get the game early like the streamers 

SkinnDaddy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Like how they should let all the backers get the game early like the streamers 

Is what it is. Not much we can do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

I don't know anything else I can say about this topic other than this. I'll leave it there. :P

 

This is actually kind of what I was talking about- these guys create characters, sometimes there's an overall storyline, etc. They're making original content to support the content they're dissecting. Streamers don't really provide anything original minus being a talking head. On top of it, imagine watching MST3K with either a visual or audio cue everytime someone drops a coin in the virtual bucket and the show's cast stopping to thank viewers for doing so.

Anyway, I appreciate you discussing it with me. That's not sarcastic or back-handed, I'm at a loss as to the attraction so I appreciate the insight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MST3K is cool and absolutely add to. Streamers...well, not my cup of tea. I've never understood watching someone play a game when I could spend that time PLAYING the game. I know that digresses from the point of early copies for streamers, but that's really just a troll topic of "Let's see how I can try to angle getting an early copy". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now