Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShankerOne

Night Trap Returns

20 posts in this topic

So yeah, that's happening. Night Trap is making it's return on the PS4. I'll be honest, the gameplay is quite terrible, but I do have a soft spot for those old FMV games from the old Sega CD era. And this one was probably one of the most controversial at the time. I think I may have to buy it just for the sake of nostalgia.

1 person likes this

It's also coming out for Xbox and PC.  It's been 25 years since it's original release.  

Night trap was fucking horrible... but kind of funny XD

Might be cool.

4 hours ago, ShankerOne said:

So yeah, that's happening. Night Trap is making it's return on the PS4. I'll be honest, the gameplay is quite terrible, but I do have a soft spot for those old FMV games from the old Sega CD era. And this one was probably one of the most controversial at the time. I think I may have to buy it just for the sake of nostalgia.

I saw the AVGN video on this game a while back. I'm definitely going to get this (for the right price). Looks cheezy and fun. :) Didn't have a SEGA CD so I missed out on these oddball games.

35 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I saw the AVGN video on this game a while back. I'm definitely going to get this (for the right price). Looks cheezy and fun. :) Didn't have a SEGA CD so I missed out on these oddball games.

It's an amusing B-Movie gaming experience. But you will hate how the actual game part works.

Ive never heard of this game but i will tune in when randy streams it i believe he said he would on twitter

It was really controversial at the time, it was quite familiar echoes of the whole video nasties in the 80s with the rise of VHS tapes.

Whole thing was rather tame even at the time, but the FMV approach was what seemed to make people a lot more jittery about things.

It's really not a good game! But, in its own way, a bit of a landmark.

Oh. My. That theme brings back memories. If this is 9.99 digital,I will be all over it. 

Night Trap is out now, think I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. :)

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, thatdudescott said:

Oh. My. That theme brings back memories. If this is 9.99 digital,I will be all over it. 

It's $14.99

I'll get it for XB1 once it's out. Why not.

1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@TheHansonGoons, are you getting it?

I was just looking through XB1's store but didn't see it yet. Once it releases for that I will for sure. Takes me back to the days of having a pen and paper and writing the times down for a guide. Pre-internet style! Damn children and their instant gratification. Did anyone pick it up yet?

1 person likes this

On 4/25/2017 at 7:50 PM, bewareofbears said:

Here is the video. It's actually about a lot of the games in the Sega CD collection. It also has the extended version of the AVGN song. 

On a side note, I just got the SonicCD game for free on Steam through TMobile. It is a pretty fun Sonic game, and my son loves it. ?

Sega CD had some pretty decent games but it suffered from the whole fervor that  CD-ROM games created.  As well as the fact that the hardware wasn't totally optimized and the fact you needed 2 different AC adapters. FMV was the thing at the time and it really has not aged well. Some of the upgraded audio and video on normal games were good things but yeah... FMV isn't one of those things. 

The last decent FMV game I played was Bunker. I wouldn't mind if more games of that genre came out

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

$20 Canadian, I'll wait for a sale.

It sure doesn't have the same appeal as the Shadow of the Beast remake. But outside of it being memorable for being a big part of the push for the ESRB to exist; its mostly laughed at for its sheer awfulness. I find it almost hilarious a game that was considered the Devil at the time of its release is only rated T 25 years later.

I'm guessing that maybe they're playing to the fact that it IS a terrible game and celebrating it because of that. Similar to a cult classic movie.

I ordered my physical copy and hope to receive it soon.  I still have a sega cd and a ton of games for it but there's a cinema mode on this new version that I look forward to watching.