FancyBonnie

community
I'm a bit upset about the release date hate.

31 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, BlackWidowofLaPorte said:

Yes, thank you. You must be one of the only rational persons on this forum.

We're getting the game and that's what matters. What's another month compared to the 26 years we haven't had a decent F13 game for?

I think you might be confusing this forum with Twitter. Most of the people here are pretty level headed. Some might be a little miffed about the release date being slightly delayed again, but nobody here as of yet is starting a dumpster fire. Now Twitter and Reddit, well, that's another beast entirely.

2 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

May 26th, sir.

In-fucking-deed, my good man. Mad googling was me checking Twitter, watching the trailer and changing my pants. Cant wait. 

1 hour ago, ShankerOne said:

I think you might be confusing this forum with Twitter. Most of the people here are pretty level headed. Some might be a little miffed about the release date being slightly delayed again, but nobody here as of yet is starting a dumpster fire. Now Twitter and Reddit, well, that's another beast entirely.

Yeah, I exaggerate.

5 hours ago, FancyBonnie said:

This should be a time of celebration, not hatered. We finally got a date after all this time and people complain? Because it's not in April? Think about it. It could've been a lot worse! But the Devs did their best. I hope people can just respect the hard work they put into this project.

Deal with it. They broke another promise, they should be called on it. It's called accountability.

inyoskillz and SCREWNUT like this

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Deal with it. They broke another promise, they should be called on it. It's called accountability.

They didn't break their promise because they never promised us anything they said what they hoped was early 2017 and they would try their best but things happen it's called life so there is nothing to hold them accountable for expect for the awesome game they made and they said time and time again they weren't going to give an exact date because they weren't sure and didn't want to give a release until the game was done and they knew it would definitely be released on that day so I don't know where u heard that promise but I'm fairly certain none of the devs should be called out for trying their best especially with the effort they put into this game

8 minutes ago, Austin.JM said:

They didn't break their promise because they never promised us anything they said what they hoped was early 2017 and they would try their best but things happen it's called life so there is nothing to hold them accountable for expect for the awesome game they made and they said time and time again they weren't going to give an exact date because they weren't sure and didn't want to give a release until the game was done and they knew it would definitely be released on that day so I don't know where u heard that promise but I'm fairly certain none of the devs should be called out for trying their best especially with the effort they put into this game

They did. It's the customer's job to hold them accountable.

Anyway, I'm not going do this back-and-forth game over something that's a fact.

They delayed twice, it's understandable why some people are mad. I would be a little mad too but I'm easily impressed and the video was enough to get me excited and forget.

thatdudescott likes this

I'm not sad about the release date in the slightest, not even a fraction. But I am sad for those where the delay is personally too big a sticking point for them to be happy with.

I hope at least, by the time the game actually is out by May 26th, most will be enthused and eager to play. I know that won't be everyone, as you truly can't please all the people all the time, but as many as possible.

If people want to focus on the negative, let them. This is the best news the Friday the 13th franchise has received in years.

I'm pissed about having to wait a little longer, but lately times flying, so in no time, I'll be playing the game and all the stupid bullshit will all be in the past. 

I'm not gonna let 'broken promises' ruin anything for me. In the real world, shit happens all the time. You order food at a restaurant and get the wrong thing, boss asks you to stay late to cover someone else, the cable guy that's supposed to show up between 10 and 2 shows up at 3:30, the road traffic sign that says work between May-September is still up in December with work being done.

What are you gonna do, bitch and whine about every single one of these and complain about broken promises? Or suck it up and get on with your day. 

People complain about a game they willingly donated money to being delayed a few weeks. Imagine how that poor bastard on United airlines feels about broken promises. 

aurllcooljay and Redcat345 like this

46 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

If people want to focus on the negative, let them. This is the best news the Friday the 13th franchise has received in years.

I'm pissed about having to wait a little longer, but lately times flying, so in no time, I'll be playing the game and all the stupid bullshit will all be in the past. 

I'm not gonna let 'broken promises' ruin anything for me. In the real world, shit happens all the time. You order food at a restaurant and get the wrong thing, boss asks you to stay late to cover someone else, the cable guy that's supposed to show up between 10 and 2 shows up at 3:30, the road traffic sign that says work between May-September is still up in December with work being done.

What are you gonna do, bitch and whine about every single one of these and complain about broken promises? Or suck it up and get on with your day. 

People complain about a game they willingly donated money to being delayed a few weeks. Imagine how that poor bastard on United airlines feels about broken promises. 

Just like my brothers house all my family is waiting for to be built. 12-18 months they said. 18 months was september 2016 its now end of april we still waiting for construction to be complete.

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

After all the shit thrown the way of anyway even suggesting a delay- I think yes, bitch. Be heard. I know there's a lot of folks that want to sweep a broken promise under the rug because they finally got a release date but it is what is: a broken promise. (That United Airlines guy will be compensated, severly, for what happened.)

Understand though that yea, I agree- let's move on but if someone in your life breaks a promise would you let it slide? Probably? What if they keep breaking promises? At some point you will let them know it's not acceptable.

Anyway, my point- yes, bitch. Whine. Whatever. But make sure they remember they let you down. Then move on.

SCREWNUT likes this

Really dude? someone who has been ultra-critical of the devs complaining about having shit thrown your way? Pot, meet kettle. I guarantee whatever transgression you feel has been passed to you or anyone else feeling slighted and 'targeted' by attacks, the devs are feeling it ten-thousand-fold. 

If one singular source repeatedly lied to me? I would stop believing that source; this is not a case of that.

You keep going on like this is a longstanding tradition with these guys, nothing but broken promises, and here I am having a hard time remember more than 1 or 2.

They said fall 2016, delayed to early 2017. Compensation: Single player missions, Offline AI bots, Jarvis, new map. people got additional beta keys for free

Early 2017 became May 26th 2017 and physical copies later than that. Compensation: Everyone that got physical copies is getting a free digital copy so they can play day 1.

Yeah, what lying, scheming assholes, its like they are purposely trying their best to make up for the fact that some things, both in and out of their control,  took longer than expected.

How easily people forget all the great work they have done since the beta, from mechanical and level improvements to new functionality and zero in on a broken promise.

Keep in mind, looking at the release date post from Wes, here's a promise...that was kept

So here’s my promise to you. Once we pass certification we are considered “Gold”. The very second that happens, we can release a date. The moment we hit “Gold” it will roughly be 30 days after that when the game is available for sell. So why not go ahead and take pre-orders via PS4, XB1 and Steam? Well, because they don’t allow preorders until we are 30 days from launch. Bigger, AAA, games have some leverage here, which is why you see pre-orders months and months before target launch. They have a relationship with MS, Sony and Valve. We’re the little guys, so we’re treated a little differently. It’s the nature of the beast. Sony has been a little more open to this idea and we’re working with them now to see if we can get a larger pre-order window. 

On 4/23/2017 at 1:21 AM, bewareofbears said:

After all the shit thrown the way of anyway even suggesting a delay- I think yes, bitch. Be heard. I know there's a lot of folks that want to sweep a broken promise under the rug because they finally got a release date but it is what is: a broken promise. (That United Airlines guy will be compensated, severly, for what happened.)

Understand though that yea, I agree- let's move on but if someone in your life breaks a promise would you let it slide? Probably? What if they keep breaking promises? At some point you will let them know it's not acceptable.

Anyway, my point- yes, bitch. Whine. Whatever. But make sure they remember they let you down. Then move on.

Your point is valid but your context is not. If someone fucks up, yes they deserve to be held accountable for their actions. I 100% support this. HOWEVER, there is an exception to EVERY rule and there are various situations where someone fucks up but you can see their intent, understand it wasn't intentional or malicious in nature and empathize with their sincerity and just let it slide.

Did Gun handle the release the best they could? Not even remotely. They made plenty of mistakes regarding how it was handled. But that's life. If I was making a game and targeted June 2018 as my release and then a year later things hadn't gone exactly as I thought they would and now i had to push it back to Sept 2018,, then Sept comes and I'm still having issues and gotta push it back to Oct 2018. Do you think I would enjoy pushing my game back twice? Do you think I was sitting there lying the whole time? Or did shit beyond my control happen and I personally misjudged the process and fucked up and thus delays happened. Despite me trying my hardest and being human and making mistakes, do I deserve to be burned alive for making a mistake?

That's the difference. If this was a company that clearly did not give a shit about its customers and was doing what they felt like doing to milk more money out of the customers and was flat out lying and bullshitting about everything, they'd deserve to be shitted all over for their nonsense.

But, Wes and his team are the exact opposite of that. So it's MORE than obvious that people are dissapointed and upset about the release. They already know that. It's crystal clear. So why do we need to sit and chastize them over it and treat them like little kids that need to be punished?

Empathy is a much more powerful tool than Vilifying.

CreepingDeath likes this

2 hours ago, ikarikh said:

Your point is valid but your context is not. If someone fucks up, yes they deserve to be held accountable for their actions. I 100% support this. HOWEVER, there is an exception to EVERY rule and there are various situations where someone fucks up but you can see their intent, understand it wasn't intentional or malicious in nature and empathize with their sincerity and just let it slide.

Did Gun handle the release the best they could? Not even remotely. They made plenty of mistakes regarding how it was handled. But that's life. If I was making a game and targeted June 2018 as my release and then a year later things hadn't gone exactly as I thought they would and now i had to push it back to Sept 2018,, then Sept comes and I'm still having issues and gotta push it back to Oct 2018. Do you think I would enjoy pushing my game back twice? Do you think I was sitting there lying the whole time? Or did shit beyond my control happen and I personally misjudged the process and fucked up and thus delays happened. Despite me trying my hardest and being human and making mistakes, do I deserve to be burned alive for making a mistake?

That's the difference. If this was a company that clearly did not give a shit about its customers and was doing what they felt like doing to milk more money out of the customers and was flat out lying and bullshitting about everything, they'd deserve to be shitted all over for their nonsense.

But, Wes and his team are the exact opposite of that. So it's MORE than obvious that people are dissapointed and upset about the release. They already know that. It's crystal clear. So why do we need to sit and chastize them over it and treat them like little kids that need to be punished?

Empathy is a much more powerful tool than Vilifying.

Hey, I actually replied to the post before yours but edited it out/redacted it because I didn't want to continue an argument. A mod or someone was kind enough to delete my post. I'm more or less done debating this and while I appreciate you wanting to engage me, I don't appreciate the lazy suggestions that I'm attempting to vilify anyone nor do I the stupid accusations of wanting to burn people at a stake, etc that you're projecting on me. I'm all for debating but I have no interest in defending myself against things I never said or did. If you can't make an argument without baseless extremes- you don't have an argument.

Again, I'm not interested in going back-and-forth on this, I'm going to attempt to look forward to the release and regain my interest in the game itself. ;) 

Vilify - to speak ill of; defame; slander.

I'm pretty sure that bitching at them and making sure they remember they let you down would constitute speaking ill of them. Have you seen half the posts out there bitching at them? "Speaking ill of" is putting it nicely.

And encouraging people to bitch and whine and ensure that they are aware that they let you down is in the realm of witch hunting. There's a reason Reddit has a rule that when you post screenshots of convs, you cross out the name of the people you're complaining about to prevent 'witch hunts'. 

Witch Hunt -   the searching out and deliberate harassment of those (as political opponents) with unpopular views

Encouraging people to go after them and bitch them out for delaying the game, unless you're new to the internet, you know exactly what that entails when you tell people to do that. People don't go and say "You really let me down :/" and call it a day........

If you want to call them 'extreme' examples, that's because the internet doesn't do things nicely, they do things in the extreme (ie: death threats over a delay) etc.

I'm merely clarifying why I used the terms I did, I'm not looking for a back and forth argument either, I just don't like leaving it at someone assuming I did something without understanding why. Also, be clear that my post wasn't intended to be a personal attack on you. If you disagree with my wording and examples, that's fine. I used them for the reasons stated because in this day and age, encouraging people to bitch someone else out is basically asking them to burn them at the stake whether intentional or not. Regardless, I just disagreed with your assertion that we should go after them and make sure to finger point and scold them like children over it, to say nothing of how the internet would go about doing that in the first place.

But, either which way,extemes aside,  I just know when I fuck up and I KNOW I fucked up and I already feel terrible and depressed as it is, the last thing I need is someone coming up and rubbing it in my face and making me feel ten times worse about it. Not every situation NEEDS someone to do that, especially if it's clear the fuck up wasn't intentional or malicious. 

31 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Vilify - to speak ill of; defame; slander.

I'm pretty sure that bitching at them and making sure they remember they let you down would constitute speaking ill of them. Have you seen half the posts out there bitching at them? "Speaking ill of" is putting it nicely.

And encouraging people to bitch and whine and ensure that they are aware that they let you down is in the realm of witch hunting. There's a reason Reddit has a rule that when you post screenshots of convs, you cross out the name of the people you're complaining about to prevent 'witch hunts'. 

Witch Hunt -   the searching out and deliberate harassment of those (as political opponents) with unpopular views

Encouraging people to go after them and bitch them out for delaying the game, unless you're new to the internet, you know exactly what that entails when you tell people to do that. People don't go and say "You really let me down :/" and call it a day........

If you want to call them 'extreme' examples, that's because the internet doesn't do things nicely, they do things in the extreme (ie: death threats over a delay) etc.

I'm merely clarifying why I used the terms I did, I'm not looking for a back and forth argument either, I just don't like leaving it at someone assuming I did something without understanding why. Also, be clear that my post wasn't intended to be a personal attack on you. If you disagree with my wording and examples, that's fine. I used them for the reasons stated because in this day and age, encouraging people to bitch someone else out is basically asking them to burn them at the stake whether intentional or not. Regardless, I just disagreed with your assertion that we should go after them and make sure to finger point and scold them like children over it, to say nothing of how the internet would go about doing that in the first place.

But, either which way,extemes aside,  I just know when I fuck up and I KNOW I fucked up and I already feel terrible and depressed as it is, the last thing I need is someone coming up and rubbing it in my face and making me feel ten times worse about it. Not every situation NEEDS someone to do that, especially if it's clear the fuck up wasn't intentional or malicious. 

Yea, I'm not with you on this at all. Your claim that I'm inciting a witch hunt is ridiculous and I can't apologize for encouraging people to express their feelings. You're entitled to your fear of words and how you feel they may be perceived. I'm really not interested in this debate, I didn't say anything I wouldn't say again. :P

Ok you two. I'm afraid this forum isn't going to work for ya. You'll have to settle this on the field of battle. We'll set it up on May 26th. I'll be the ref and the guy in the hockey mask. :P

10 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Ok you two. I'm afraid this forum isn't going to work for ya. You'll have to settle this on the field of battle. We'll set it up on May 26th. I'll be the ref and the guy in the hockey mask. :P

First one to get the shotgun wins. ;)

Seriously though, I was over it before it began. :)

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

First one to get the shotgun wins. ;)

Seriously though, I was over it before it began. :)

I dunno. A councilor's face might not fair quite as well as Jason's if it takes a direct hit with a flare gun. Could be messy. :P

bewareofbears likes this