Krystal

This Friday is the greatest timing for the devs to start the hype storm with the game available now

17 posts in this topic

The developers are already at the tipping point.  Waiting until next week, will not generate as much hype to the game's debut compared to releasing it tonight:

1. It is Friday, which is a better friday than next friday, and historically the game would be better remembered launching on a friday.  and you know how viral "a game with Friday on the title releases on a friday. so cool! " can get, even without the same number, people still make more connection with the same day, than same number. it would generate more profound feelings towards the game and its launch.

2. the devs' competition announced their own release date, F13th should win consumers NOW before more jump on the competition's bandwagon.

3. the fans and backers are at extreme levels of patience, having them wait another week is unnecessary and inconsiderate.

4. Steam is ready, Sony America is ready, Xbox One is ready.  They are the biggest and most important markets, and they are ready.  it is ludicruous to play Napoleon with people's patience. in the industry, there's such a thing as waiting too long. 

5. whatever region(s) has not certifying yet, waiting for their approval (which wouldnt be until next week), would not be worth the hype, money and popularity to game would game tonight and thru this weekend would generate for the game and devs.

6. releasing it today would increase the game's spike in profits before next tuesday's games make their own noise and compete for attention. 

7. the game is complete, gold.

8. the developer's stubborness to stick to "we will only launch it when all regions are certified/approved", is harming the majority that would buy and play it.

9. one of the regions that hasnt certified it is screwing with you, don't throw away the chance to start profitting now.  Launching it tonight, that region will get jealous and have incentive to certify it for their region faster.

10. the game is long overdue, some think another week wait doesn't matter, but it does matter, not everyone is living in this world beyond today.

11. I heard that the PSN theme is up. that means the developers have control to signal the companies, that approve of content they submit, to launch any approved content on the store today.  the PSN theme is up, so can the FULL GAME of Friday the 13th The Game.  there are games that have the theme and game launch on the same day pretty much. 

12. It's not impatience, it's simple logic that would benefit the developers and the game now instead of later.

13. those that have to wait longer in region(s) that have yet to certify it, would be understanding, and the devs can legally explain that said company/branch determines when the game releases in that region.  It's not the developers fault if the game launches today, and 1 or 2 regions don't get it because of how that branch operates.  So it's unfair for all the other regions to wait any longer.  Successful games have launched in various regions at different times.  customers in that region(s) will still buy it the second the game is there, even if it's days/weeks later.

It's up to the devs.   at this point, stalling the launch for certain regions to be a part of the sametime launch, is not looking at the big picture.  the game won't be remembered for launching every single region at the sametime, it would be remembered for the game itself, and any resentment from region that get it later, would be washed away when they get to play it.

So really, this drama of sametime release, is really causing unneeded stress to the fans, backers, the markets and others at large that could be buying and downloading the game now.  

Yes, the devs could also wait until next tues, wed or fri,  but life's too short to be that careless with time.

AdrianBlackbear likes this

Maybe a notice about release on Friday and have the game out on Tuesday!  That's my hope 🤞Wishful thinking.  

I completely agree.  However the devs are caught between a rock and a brick wall.  I DO BELIEVE that SONY EUROPE is either being fickle, or just plain rude, and I caught some say that Wes is ready to launch even without their approval, but that would probably make the game banned in portions of Europe.  

Plus, the problem of launching would cause WW3 with those backers, and be completely unfair to them, just as the PC players have waited for the consolers.  The game will be mainstreamed night and day, and any, and probably all surprises within the game would be seen, before they even had a chance to get their hands on it.

Something will happen soon, I feel it in my bones, a release tonight WOULD BE EPIC! ;)

*Sigh*

They'll launch it when it's ready. They have emphatically said they are going to do a simultaneous launch, period. You can use whatever clever arguments to justify "release it on some platforms now, the rest later", but they obviously aren't gonna do so. And nor should they.

They've told everyone what they are gonna do (see the ginourmous Why no release date thread?). You don't have to like it but you have to deal with it. Just cause you don't like the answer deosn't make it any less the answer. 

Mark K likes this

I am usually not one to call people out for their thoughts but to say that the other markets in other regions are not important is irresponsible. People world wide have supported this vision and to alienate supporters based upon geographical location and refer to them are less important is not only untrue but also poor form. 

DBD is a assemetrical multi-player game. That is where the comparison begins and ends between DBD and F13. Just because they released a date does not mean that action should be taken upon actions of another developer / Publisher. As stated before, a date will be given when possible. 

A lot of your post deals with hypotheticals and personal views instead of fact. You are certainly entitled to have those views but hype is fine, it usually starts strong and ends shortly after. What really sells is a solid, fun, well built game. Are some people frustrated? Of course, but it does not change the time tables.

Splatterhouse and Mark K like this

Its all about money and they will hold out to get every dollar. Their not going to take the chance of losing money. But i have a feeling if they delay again or dont provide the dlc for years to come. it will probably be the last of gun getting to use another icon.

14 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

Its all about money and they will hold out to get every dollar. Their not going to take the chance of losing money. But i have a feeling if they delay again or dont provide the dlc for years to come. it will probably be the last of gun getting to use another icon.

That's absolutely speculation on your part. The fact that they've closed down the Backerkit; and even secured singleplayer funding and plan to add it for free disproves your theory. They're not holding out on anything. They're just trying to be fair to all platforms in all countries for a universal launch. If it weren't for Sony Europe not responding to the devs, we'd probably have the game now.

3 minutes ago, BlackWidowofLaPorte said:

That's absolutely speculation on your part. The fact that they've even secured singleplayer funding and plan to add it for free disproves your theory. They're not holding out on anything. They're just trying to be fair to all platforms in all countries for a universal launch. If it weren't for Sony Europe, we'd probably have the game now.

While I agree it's speculation, your response is speculation also. I don't agree anything is disproved. With the addition of single player the cost of the game was raised. So yes, it's "free" for early backers but it's no longer free.

AdrianBlackbear likes this

11 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

While I agree it's speculation, your response is speculation also. I don't agree anything is disproved. With the addition of single player the cost of the game was raised. So yes, it's "free" for early backers but it's no longer free.

That doesn't mean that the devs are moneyhungry gremlins. Even with a raised price, the digital game doesn't go above $40. Take a look at Activision or EA, who release DLC with the price tag of a full game. Calling the devs greedy is an ignorant statement; just stemming from the lack of a release date yet. I will admit that I am getting pretty anxious too, but there's no need to blow a fuse, or start slandering. The game is coming, and it's not like anyone's life will be dramatically altered if it takes another week. It's just a matter of when Sony Europe finally decides to get back to them, so that they can have a universal launch.

26 minutes ago, BlackWidowofLaPorte said:

That's absolutely speculation on your part. The fact that they've closed down the Backerkit; and even secured singleplayer funding and plan to add it for free disproves your theory. They're not holding out on anything. They're just trying to be fair to all platforms in all countries for a universal launch. If it weren't for Sony Europe not responding to the devs, we'd probably have the game now.

yes your right on its just my thought on way their holding out. but like mark said if it gets band anywhere it will hurt sales. It is a company trying to get every dollar out of something they can or they would be working for free.

I do agree with you on your last post. im pissed their holding out as is 90% of the rest of the people. I had a feeling since the first delay that it would be very last min or even delayed again. because they went on and on fall 2016 about their is no delay and the same day announced a delay for early 2017. it is the very end of early 2017 and they slipped up in a interview months ago and said their 3 months away at the earliest for a release and that was early feb i think . but still said that bs early 2017. thats false hope/fibbing

just like i hope know one is thinking single player will be out before sept

9 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

yes your right on its just my thought on way their holding out. but like mark said if it gets band anywhere it will hurt sales. It is a company trying to get every dollar out of something they can or they would be working for free.

Which, in turn will hurt us down the road.  Upgrades, DLC, Single Player campaigns, Multi-Player add-Ons, the works.  The more support we show for the team, will be paid back in-kind.  We have all been patient for quite a while, that is completely understood, but I just hate to see such great horror fans at each other over circumstances beyond our control, as I am sure the developers are too.  Thus prompting them many sleepless nights, and I'm sure angry phone calls and emails to the companies involved.  

We will get our promised pledges and a damn fine game that we will all cherish for many years to come, the wait is almost over, we just need to be diligent, but cool.  Many sleepless nights of great gaming are right around the corner.

Ohhhhh BABY a Triple post!

Seriously tho, may want to fuse those posts together Lou Scal.

I'm ALL FOR them releasing the game when its ready in different parts of the world... BUT ultimately its not up to me.

If Gun/ill are forced to release in different places at different times its more work for them to manage. It also hurts their revenue stream and snubs some of their fan base, so I can understand why they DON'T want to do it.

The problem I'm having is why the fuck hasn't Sony EU responded yet, are they really so unprofessional?

thatdudescott likes this

Lou take it easy on the posting. post only once without talk in between. If you would like to add something onto your original post use the edit button.