Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Body Boy

Downloaded Game for Physical Backers

45 posts in this topic

So I have a question. The physical copy backers, at least for console, will be receiving download codes or something on Day 1 so that we may play the game while waiting for the discs to arrive. Well, if we then obtain the disc, will we have to delete the download to play it? Will it retain our progress from the download? And furthermore, will the codes for the Savini skin and counselor clothing packs transfer from the downloaded version to the disc? 

Thanks. 

If it's anything like the usual deal for this, then it shouldn't have any affect on your progress and the Savini skin/counselor clothing packs will transfer over just fine.

Because your saved game state and any added/DLC items like that are separate little save slots set apart from the main game data itself.

As for your first point, if you have the Digital version installed then decide to pop the physical disc in, then it'll just act like any game where you've installed the game to your hard drive rather than just run it off the disc. In a few cases, it can even lead to slightly improved performance since the disc isn't having to be read by your machine quite as much.

It would be good to have the code to download the day before so it can be downloaded before release date so we all can play as soon as May 26th gets here

couldn't you guys make it where the servers aren't online but still let us download

That would be the best way

I'm ready for this thread to be locked lol

SexDrugs&Tea likes this

I'm just curious how they are gonna email out 50,000 plus codes the day of release?

can they send a batch email out to everyone at the same time containing the different codes?

I really don't wanna be waiting till 6pm on the 26th for an email code 

when people who didn't pre order are already playing the game before us.

The Preppy Guy and DialM like this

its not gonna take long at all, they were asked on twitter the same question, at which they replied that it was a small download and wouldn't take long at all, so right when you get your email then you should download it right then.

But i can see the problem with what dandop said, it would probably be good to know how they are going to do that and how long it will take to send out all the emails.

23 minutes ago, Poetic_Injustice said:

its not gonna take long at all, they were asked on twitter the same question, at which they replied that it was a small download and wouldn't take long at all, so right when you get your email then you should download it right then.

But i can see the problem with what dandop said, it would probably be good to know how they are going to do that and how long it will take to send out all the emails.

That's what I was getting at sorry I didn't word it better that's why they should send the codes off the day before

Poetic_Injustice likes this

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

3Gb...how long is it gonna take to download.  Really.  Even with my crap service it won't take long.  Patience is a virtue. 

As I posted in another thread about this, the size of download is well done, but not the thing that concerns me. I've seen online-only games launch where they sent all the codes out on that day only to have it congest everything. What followed was problems downloading and crashed servers with login errors. But even that isn't the biggy. In the case of some  other games, they sent those codes out only to learn that there was a batch of inactive codes in the mix, so when folks tried to activate the product, you guessed it, another error. In those instances, they had to wait on CS to fix it, and on a launch, that's a damned slow process as they are often swamped, so could take days. That's where my concern truly lies.

That's why they should release the codes a few days before they could not let you play the game at all until they turn the servers online but let you download so when 12:01 AM comes we all can play

I knew from the moment they announced the content creator thing it was about marketing and money. I get that and I don't blame them for it. At the end of the day, they're a business, and they need to do what's in the best interest of their business. On those grounds, I don't blame or fault them for it.

But, as a fan and gamer, my gripe with this is in streamers getting to play early and thus when the game launches there won't be any sense of 'everyone on the same level' of learning everything and figuring everything out. It'll all have been spoiled in the streams prior to launch and on Day1 people will already be picking certain chars and doing certain strategies etc. they saw in the stream. 

That's what I am dissapointed about. I was looking forward to the launch day bliss of ignorance we'd all have and get to explore and figure everything out on our own and together. Going in blind won't be possible with the pre-release streamer thing.

So that's my two cents on that. I don't blame them for marketing to get more money. God knows they need it. But, I can't say I'm not dissapointed that most stuff will be spoiled before we even get to play it ourselves.

I won't be watching streams from this point on, that's for sure. 

Also with people getting early access, I'm going to be doubly pissed if there are any hiccups for us plebs. 

Well the other issue is that how to defeat/kill jason will likely be figured out prior to launch if streamers get early access. That will piss a lot of people off that they didn't even get a CHANCE to get in and try to figure it out on their own before it's plastered everywhere online.

9 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Well the other issue is that how to defeat/kill jason will likely be figured out prior to launch if streamers get early access. That will piss a lot of people off that they didn't even get a CHANCE to get in and try to figure it out on their own before it's plastered everywhere online.

Well best way to advoid that is don't look anything up for the game 

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:

Should have been a streamer....It looks like they will be getting a nice pre-release.. :/

Untitled.thumb.jpg.15369948c7158a86e734961ec2d79c8d.jpg

No surprise there. Streamers are free advertisement for games, so can't fault them for taking advantage of it. I actually am considering streaming myself for the first time when this game comes out. I've been fiddling with Twitch trying to get set up. We'll see anywho. Next step is trying to make some banner stuff that I kind of suck at. :P