Nothingface

Wait... Is Shift Grabbing Dead?!

9 posts in this topic

So I noticed something interesting when going back and looking at the content post beta.

If you look closely at the above videos, in both of them when Jason comes out of shift he takes a stab at the camper instead of grabbing. In the second video he takes a stab and THAN grabs.

Is it possible they made it so you can attack out of shift but you cant grab for a second or two? That looks like the case if you look at the content released post beta!

Possible, but impossible to know for sure because that could always be the result of someone's play choice. A lot of people complained about shift grabbing though, so it makes sense that they would change it in some way.

10 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Wes already confirmed that they nerfed Shift Grabbing a bit since the beta. 

Must have missed that! Thats fantastic news.

Of all the people I talked to that was most of them's LEAST favorite part of the game. This goes a LONG WAY towards making Jason being OP without being cheep.

11 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Must have missed that! Thats fantastic news.

Of all the people I talked to that was most of them's LEAST favorite part of the game. This goes a LONG WAY towards making Jason being OP without being cheep.

It's funny because I know I read it on here, Reddit or Twitter. Wes directly replied and said they had nerfed Shift Grabs (it's still possible but much harder to do so it can't be spammed easily like before). But I was just looking around on here and reddit and couldn't find it, must've been Twitter else I missed it.

I missed that bit too, but I'm very glad to hear it.

I mean, I figure getting in a swing before grabbing is a good way to soften a counselor up anyway, but the shift-grab did get a bit too much play in the Beta and felt a bit cheap. If not rather out of Jason's style, furthermore.

So, definitely something I'd be happy to see nerfed like this.

Maybe they buffed the range of Jason's melee weapons, which would make sense. Or maybe they all have different ranges. If that were the case, then Part 6 and Savini Jason should probably have the longest range with the cemetery spear and the devil trident/pitchfork.

The reason the shift grab was so popular is because Jason could barely do anything up close or get close for that matter. Especially in the final days of beta, unless you were just good and the counselors weren't as good.

In any event, I preferred melee over grab anyway, especially in the later days of beta with all the pocket knife hording. It was like, congrats you grabbed a counselor, then bam pocket knife.

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Maybe they buffed the range of Jason's melee weapons, which would make sense. Or maybe they all have different ranges. If that were the case, then Part 6 and Savini Jason should probably have the longest range with the cemetery spear and the devil trident/pitchfork.

The reason the shift grab was so popular is because Jason could barely do anything up close or get close for that matter. Especially in the final days of beta, unless you were just good and the counselors weren't as good.

In any event, I preferred melee over grab anyway, especially in the later days of beta with all the pocket knife hording. It was like, congrats you grabbed a counselor, then bam pocket knife.

You could generally tell when someone had a knife. Very few people didn't play with more confidence when they had a knife in their pocket. I wasn't scared of pocket knives though. If I wanted you dead by grab kill, it was happening. Especially if you used a knife on me. :)

Plus technically the shift-grab I consider a cheap player exploit anyway. Jason is a fast stalker that needs to appear everywhere you turn, not a damn poltergeist ;)