GrandMasterLynx

Why no release date

156 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

It's not a fact currently but it may be soon. We're 9 days away from the end of a release window provided in mid-October, six months ago. Talking about a delay is a logical thought. It would be kind of stupid to not consider it being a major possibility at this point.

I agree we have been fooled once, i hope it doesn't happen again. They made the dates we didnt. They should man up and deal with people talking about the release.

SCREWNUT and karmakaze like this

4 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Locking the original thread was futile. :lol: As if that's going to stop people discussing it. I don't like censorship. 

Agreed. It just makes people talk about it even more- The Streisand Effect.

3 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

I agree we have been fooled once, i hope it doesn't happen again. They made the dates we didnt. They should man up and deal with people talking about the release.

I'm out of likes but I agree fully. :)

Edit:

The Streisand Effect (from Wikipidea)

The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet. It is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once people are aware something is being kept from them, their motivation to access and spread the information is increased.[1]

It is named after American entertainer Barbra Streisand, whose 2003 attempt to suppress photographs of her residence in Malibu, California, inadvertently drew further public attention to it. Similar attempts have been made, for example, in cease-and-desist letters to suppress numbers, files, and websites. Instead of being suppressed, the information receives extensive publicity and media extensions such as videos and spoof songs, often being widely mirrored across the Internet or distributed on file-sharing networks.[2][3]

Off topic, but how does everybody feel about the servers?  Massive lag?  There are ALOT OF PEOPLE going to be playing.  Also for PS4 file size?  I heard 30Gb.  Time to download?  Hours or days, LOL. 

With that, i'll say, I think we'll hear something tonight or this weekend.  Maybe even be pleasantly surprised, the last mile is the hardest.

1 minute ago, Mark K said:

Off topic, but how does everybody feel about the servers?  Massive lag?  There are ALOT OF PEOPLE going to be playing.  Also for PS4 file size?  I heard 30Gb.  Time to download?  Hours or days, LOL. 

With that, i'll say, I think we'll hear something tonight or this weekend.  Maybe even be pleasantly surprised, the last mile is the hardest.

Wes already confirmed the file size will be about 3.2GB. That's amazingly small tbh.

1 minute ago, ShankerOne said:

Wes already confirmed the file size will be about 3.2GB. That's amazingly small tbh.

Thanks Shankerone, that is very small indeed!  I figured the skins alone, to be that!

8 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Discord update?

Nothing really new of note except for the PS4 F13th theme seems to be only available in NA and not for anyone in EU..

7 minutes ago, Out2kill said:

Nothing really new of note except for the PS4 F13th theme seems to be only available in NA and not for anyone in EU..

Thanks

its-something.jpg.3f34c039b69d6c51041d420d2508ebe0.jpg

7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Thanks

its-something.jpg.3f34c039b69d6c51041d420d2508ebe0.jpg

That picture looks like a armless guy wearing an bubble helmet that see's the gap in it and accepts his fate. 

11 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

That picture looks like a armless guy wearing an bubble helmet that see's the gap in it and accepts his fate. 

Ha! LOL! The one above it, looks like what will happen to Sony Europe, if they don't pull the stick out of their posterior!!! :)

7 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Ha! LOL! The one above it, looks like what will happen to Sony Europe, if they don't pull the stick out of their posterior!!! :)

should we call trump to handle the release.lol

1 minute ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

should we call trump to handle the release.lol

LOL!  I think the 3rd RANGER Battalion would do just fine in this situation. ;)

JasonVoorhees13 likes this

playstation store update/ adds games on tuesdays. their has been highend triple a games added on friday. but 99% of games are added tuesdays. the last tuesday of early 2017 is 4/25/17

yes they wont have pre-order on ps, but it will have to be download since their will not be any physical copies of the game for the release.

1 minute ago, klipsch said:

Sony EU can at least respond back to Wes. I have the strangest feeling that they are just being dicks for some reason.

i agree

1 minute ago, klipsch said:

Sony EU can at least respond back to Wes. I have the strangest feeling that they are just being dicks for some reason.

Something tells me that is a possibility, and an unexpected hurdle.  I really hope that i'm wrong.

If you live in EU take a walk to sony EU and see whats up.

Tell them if your demands aren't met you will steal all of their cats.

Mark K likes this

33 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

playstation store update/ adds games on tuesdays. their has been highend triple a games added on friday. but 99% of games are added tuesdays. the last tuesday of early 2017 is 4/25/17

yes they wont have pre-order on ps, but it will have to be download since their will not be any physical copies of the game for the release.

Thanks