GrandMasterLynx

Why no release date

156 posts in this topic

Once it gets approved by Sony Europe what will the turn around time be for releasing the game? ASAP or taking another day or two to finalize the details of a simultaneous launch across multiple platforms? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pothocket said:

Once it gets approved by Sony Europe what will the turn around time be for releasing the game? ASAP or taking another day or two to finalize the details of a simultaneous launch across multiple platforms? 

It's anyone's guess. We haven't heard anything definite that XBox certification is complete for sure also.

Mark K likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading some of the Facebook comments, there's a toxic community brewing. I think we'll see a lot of people who preached patience start questioning what's going on. Some clearly already are. It's unfortunate but really, how is it not bullshit there's 9 days until the oddball release window ends and there's no release date. At least there's been some promising tidbits in the last day or so.

I'm interested in what the long term impact of all of this will be. I have no idea. My guess is whenever it's released all will be forgotten. There's a ton of lessons here I think future indie developers using crowd funding could learn from. Maybe someone should write a book, or manual.

JasonVoorhees13 and karmakaze like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we want the game sooner rather than later (which we all do) than we have no choice but to deal with vagueness regarding the release date. If we insisted on a solid release date written in stone then it would've ended up being a date in June or even July. That's why it's not bullshit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Razor's Edge said:

April 30th is the 36th anniversary of Part II, it would be a cool coincidence if the announcement was made then. I'd rather it be before, obviously.

It's also a Sunday, which going by most release schedules is highly unlikely. But maybe we'll get lucky and have it in time anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont get if where all set to go in the us/north america area. why not release here or everywhere we been approved and release as soon it passes everywhere else. I see jap games do this all the time. they will release in jap months before us release.

MutantTaco likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Reading some of the Facebook comments, there's a toxic community brewing. I think we'll see a lot of people who preached patience start questioning what's going on. Some clearly already are. It's unfortunate but really, how is it not bullshit there's 9 days until the oddball release window ends and there's no release date. At least there's been some promising tidbits in the last day or so.

I'm interested in what the long term impact of all of this will be. I have no idea. My guess is whenever it's released all will be forgotten. There's a ton of lessons here I think future indie developers using crowd funding could learn from. Maybe someone should write a book, or manual.

Increasing toxic communities are an unfortunate inevitability. Once this game launches, these forums will probably become unbearable (no pun intended). But you can most certainly expect to see a plethora of folks whining about Jason being too OP (failing to read up on the game at all) because they die more than they escape. I just hope Gun sticks to its guns and doesn't make the same mistakes as Dead by Daylight.

DEATH likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

I dont get if where all set to go in the us/north america area. why not release here or everywhere we been approved and release as soon it passes everywhere else. I see jap games do this all the time. they will release in jap months before us release.

Because besides telling us "early 2017" they've also told us "simultaneous release". A lot of the kickstarter backers are going to be playing on console from around the world  and it's not right to leave those earliest supporters behind. That's the situation they're trying to avoid right now

DEATH likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where not far away from delay and im losing all hope of it not being delayed. Now i feel just when are they going to tell us its been delayed? mostly because they couldnt get their stuff together and pass cert all over the world. that is 100% about money to delay just to release around the world at one time. they will get more impulse sales without it being blasted all over youtube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

where not far away from delay and im losing all hope of it not being delayed. Now i feel just when are they going to tell us its been delayed? mostly because they couldnt get their stuff together and pass cert all over the world. that is 100% about money to delay just to release around the world at one time. they will get more impulse sales without it being blasted all over youtube

Dude, it's not necessarily their fault. Apparently Sony EU hasn't been responding to Wes for a few weeks now and that is not their fault. There are probably all kinds of things that happen that most of have no clue about. The fact we know as much as we do is a testament to the honesty of these guys. I think if it's in their power they would release on the 30th if that's as early as they can.

DialM likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

where not far away from delay and im losing all hope of it not being delayed. Now i feel just when are they going to tell us its been delayed? mostly because they couldnt get their stuff together and pass cert all over the world. that is 100% about money to delay just to release around the world at one time. they will get more impulse sales without it being blasted all over youtube

I'm more patient than most, and a release of this game during May when I have exams isn't ideal anyway. - but I agree there should be some kind of statement made. We are 9 days away from the end of Early 2017...and there's too much silence. Just an update on how the release date is looking and the chances of meeting it would suffice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they've already been keeping us updated on the cert process so the only statement they could make that would provide new information is letting us know if they'll send out keys asap or if they're going to need a day or two to organize a simultaneous launch. Everything I've seen from them is telling me they're still trying their hardest to meet that 'early 2017' window though, so not sure why people are assuming the worse at this point. \

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pothocket said:

Well they've already been keeping us updated on the cert process so the only statement they could make that would provide new information is letting us know if they'll send out keys asap or if they're going to need a day or two to organize a simultaneous launch. Everything I've seen from them is telling me they're still trying their hardest to meet that 'early 2017' window though, so not sure why people are assuming the worse at this point. \

There should be an official blanket statement issued across all platforms though. I've heard various titbits from Discord and Twitter...needs to be addressed more clearly. Not because a dev felt like replying when someone asked him at that given moment.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, apparently someone got a hold of some of Wes's reddit tweets or something, anyway it pretty much sums it up.  See Friday the 13th reddit post 'LAST NEWS ABOUT CERTIFICATIONS FROM WES ON DISCORD'.

Wes has been up night and day, pulling for the game through channels, and is getting quite displeased with the Sony Europe certification group.  Other boards have also mentioned it is officially 100% out of their hands right now.  They are working hard to get it to us ASAP.

DEATH likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

I got a email a few sec ago saying they closed the chat until closer to launch. my guess is they dont want people talking about the delay

 

Or, the more likely scenario, it was closed because ya'll can't handle it and keep saying stuff like "the delay" despite the fact that they keep reminding us over and over again that the "early 2017" is still the plan. 

Mark K likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pothocket said:

 

Or, the more likely scenario, it was closed because ya'll can't handle it and keep saying stuff like "the delay" despite the fact that they keep reminding us over and over again that the "early 2017" is still the plan. 

And the likely scenario of why people keep discussing it is because people have been discussing releases dates for movies, TV series and games since the relative media's inception...also a strikingly likely scenario is that people always discuss things on a discussion forum. 

JasonVoorhees13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Console cert. has definitely thrown some unforeseens at the guys, the fact that Easter just occurred slowed things down with Europe as well, 2 or 3 days off for the employees, I gather.  Certing for country to country has been a bear.  SONY AMERICA, has appologized to Wes and the team for the delay, so who knows? Maybe some strings will get pulled, speeding things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Console cert. has definitely thrown some unforeseens at the guys, the fact that Easter just occurred slowed things down with Europe as well, 2 or 3 days off for the employees, I gather.  Certing for country to country has been a bear.  SONY AMERICA, has appologized to Wes and the team for the delay, so who knows? Maybe some strings will get pulled, speeding things up.

Alot of places on the net say cert can take up to  3 months for some games. they shouldve been more prepared for this to happen. also having a back up plan in case it got to this point. I cant say they dont have a backup plan but with only 9 days total in early 2017 and 4 left for sony store. it might be time to tell the public whats going to happen if it doesnt pass

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look at it this way, we have waited what? 31 years for a decent Friday the 13th game (and movie too), then as Summer Camp was announced, another 2.  We got the backer going for another year and a half or so, especially when it was officially Friday 13.  We can make it a little while longer, does it suck? Sure! But that will all soon be forgotten once we start up our machines, and are taken to CAMP BLOOD.  

BlackWidowofLaPorte likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pothocket said:

Feel free to talk about it as much as you want. I'm referring to how some people are acting as if it's a fact that it's delayed, that's something different 

It's not a fact currently but it may be soon. We're 9 days away from the end of a release window provided in mid-October, six months ago. Talking about a delay is a logical thought. It would be kind of stupid to not consider it being a major possibility at this point.

1 hour ago, ShankerOne said:

Increasing toxic communities are an unfortunate inevitability. Once this game launches, these forums will probably become unbearable (no pun intended). But you can most certainly expect to see a plethora of folks whining about Jason being too OP (failing to read up on the game at all) because they die more than they escape. I just hope Gun sticks to its guns and doesn't make the same mistakes as Dead by Daylight.

I actually spent some time reading a Dead by Daylight board this morning and they're already complaining Jason is overpowered. :lol:

24 minutes ago, Pothocket said:

 

Or, the more likely scenario, it was closed because ya'll can't handle it and keep saying stuff like "the delay" despite the fact that they keep reminding us over and over again that the "early 2017" is still the plan. 

Or because the group there has a lot of difficulty hearing differing opinions and had to stop letting people in so they could resume being an echo chamber.

12 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Console cert. has definitely thrown some unforeseens at the guys, the fact that Easter just occurred slowed things down with Europe as well, 2 or 3 days off for the employees, I gather.  Certing for country to country has been a bear.  SONY AMERICA, has appologized to Wes and the team for the delay, so who knows? Maybe some strings will get pulled, speeding things up.

Yea, I get the impression they weren't really prepared for what it actually takes. On top of it, having Sony Europe ignore them doesn't do them any favours. Hopefully the Sony folks in North America can tell the ones in Europe to get their shit together. :)

karmakaze, Splatterhouse and Mark K like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JasonVoorhees13 said:

Alot of places on the net say cert can take up to  3 months for some games. they shouldve been more prepared for this to happen. also having a back up plan in case it got to this point.

God!  I hope that doesn't happen!!!!  The base rage would sink the project.

JasonVoorhees13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.