Tymerc

What will your strategy be?

34 posts in this topic

Hi, new to the forum here.

I was wondering what everyone plans to do as either Jason or a Councilor to get a feel on ideal ways to play each character.

Hope it's okay to put this here. Thanks. 

As Jason I will try to scare the hell out of everyone, kill some, let some slip away, have fun overall. As a councilor, I will try not to die horribly screaming in the dark.

Save counselors, get killed in as many heroic sacrifice schemes I can possibly think of.

As Jason, choose one survivor to favor and tunnel, mess with them the entire game, only leaving to kill other counselors or give him a quick breather. Save them for last, and see if they'll survive or not.

I will look at steam profiles and kill according to most hours in DbD. Anyone thinking they can just troll Jason and leave Crystal Lake on a princess cruise will be sorely mistaken. I will pester them and just generally give them a hard time until they rage quit. If I'm a counselor I will run them over if they try to hitch a ride.

Chad Kensington and DialM like this

1 hour ago, MutantTaco said:

In the Beta I just repaired the phone asap so I'll just do that again.

Is this where we make a girl on the phone joke?

7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Kill.

Wow. You're talkative, BoB.

1 hour ago, ShankerOne said:

As Jason I will try to scare the hell out of everyone, kill some, let some slip away, have fun overall. As a councilor, I will try not to die horribly screaming in the dark.

Good luck with that one. 

As for me, my strategy will be run, evade, survive. We'll see how it goes. As far as being Jason? Kill. 

MutantTaco and bewareofbears like this

Ill do the same thing I did in beta, and adjust from there.

Gotta adapt to them changes.

Like the beta,I'll spend the entire pre-game chat convincing everyone to rush the graveyard for an ultimate Jason showdown......

Then book it to the opposite side of the map.

MutantTaco likes this

I'll get my Voorhees family spell book, and summon demon dogs and use my trusty shovel to dig up powerful wea.... oh wait.

My plan will be to stealth around as A.J. and Tiffany and repair whatever I find all the bits for first. Failing that, I was pretty good at hiding during the beta so if everyone else gets killed I'll just try my best to hide :P

As Jason, simple. Kill a few of the smarter counsellors, stop them using the phone, then terrify the last few living ones with Tom Savini's Jason and stalk. I wanna be the guy who's standing in the forest with burning eyes, just watching you trying to weasel your way out of the map. Then, when you least expect it, BOOM you walk right into him inside a house.

I'm aiming to try everyone out, when they're unlocked, anyway. Each Jason and each counselor, get some time in their shoes so I know how to play as them and when playing alongside them.

I didn't have the Beta since I'm not a PC player, though I certainly watched dozens of hours of it being played. However, some of the post-Beta changes really should switch things up!

So I figure my first bunch of games, maybe a lot of them, are going to see me tinkering around and trying out things, not worrying so much about surviving.

On the Jason side, it'll be a little easier to prepare since we'll be able to do games against A.I. bot counselors, so I can practice some there and get a feel for him.

For any playing style, I don't know, have to see how I get on when I get hands-on. In general terms I try to help others out, while as Jason I'll probably be straightforward but not averse to having some fun if I think something will be entertaining or spooky. Like standing behind someone without attacking as they carefully lock a door, just so they freak the hell out when they finally turn around.

Good question.

Try to survive as counselor.

As Jason. I feel like the Stalk ability could and might eventually actually be the first ability Jason unlocks aside from morph, instead of shift. I think Stalk would be a great ability to have early game, especially with all the phone rushers there will surely be in the early days after launch. I would play a very stealthy Jason, hiding inside the cabin with the phone and or around the power box. Since the counselors are forced into animation when calling the cops or repairing the box. As Jason, you'll have plenty of time to use the stalk feature and kill unsuspecting counselors who will try to rush for that early exit.

But since Stalk isn't available early game. That strategy is out unfortunately. Maybe that will change. I have no doubts the phone escape will no doubt be tweaked again. Whether its the fuse spawning anywhere an item can spawn. Removing the infinite cop escape, limiting the number of players who can escape by cop or upping the car supplies to make them more viable early game escape methods.

As a counselor, I think the ideal is for me to try to hide, especially to go unnoticed while Jason is killing others, and try whenever possible that he does not see or persecute me. AJ is going to be my favorite, along with Adam probably. If I can fix a few things would be perfect, but normally my strategy will be to hide, to be sneaky and to see how things happen, I do not have a plan on how to escape, the escape way gives me the same thing. I will probably die many times if I ever just stay alive and alone because that will make me very tense lol

As Jason, I'm going to kill one by one, if I run into two, I'll just beat everyone up instead of grabbing one of them to make a more spectacular death. Whenever possible I will kill that way (I'm want to try death in the fireplace) but if it is not possible to do it, my main goal is to kill everyone, and also be a "troll", I want to kill, but I also want to scare .

As a counselor I plan to play stealthy and just try to survive to the best of my abilities.

As Jason the plan is quite simple. Scare and kill.

18 hours ago, klipsch said:

I will look at steam profiles and kill according to most hours in DbD. Anyone thinking they can just troll Jason and leave Crystal Lake on a princess cruise will be sorely mistaken. I will pester them and just generally give them a hard time until they rage quit. If I'm a counselor I will run them over if they try to hitch a ride.

Funniest thing I've heard all day +1

18 hours ago, klipsch said:

715 hours almost exclusively as killer. Come at me Bro!

1 minute ago, Nothingface said:

715 hours. Come at me Bro!

I forget who posted this on reddit a while back, but I absolutely loved it.

They had captioned: No Jason, you can't just kill them. You have to hook them and give them a chance to escape first. OP!

Zc06U5P.png

Risinggrave likes this

There are 3 types of play:

Offensive: Attack Jason when he is around (Like Buggzy, for example)

Evasive: Run like hell when Jason is around (Vanessa or Tiffany, for example)

Evasive 2: Hide when Jason is around (AJ lol isn't that obvious)

I will be the evasive 2, probably.

My strategy is to do the opposite of the following:

As a counselor.....spawn in and die immediately.

As Jason..............shift into as many things as possible until everyone escapes.