Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TeethandHunger

Firecrackers and Flare stuns

18 posts in this topic

I understand that firecrackers and flare now stun Jason for a time now. I get why everyone wanted this, though I honestly don't approve of this myself. Especially if they stun just as long as the shotgun stuns Jason. If someone can elaborate on how long each item stuns Jason, I'd be grateful.

On that train of thought I'd like to suggest something. How about we lower the stun time for the firecrackers and flare stuns while, BUT double that time if you stun Jason while he has his sense active.  Kinda like like how you'd blind a man if you turned on a light while he was using night vision goggles. You could also add time to his sense cooldown as a penalty, or flat out take away for a short time.  What do you think?

I imagine it varies from Jason to Jason as they each have different Stun mitigation. I would be surprised if it was more than a few seconds. It's just a tool in the chest. They won't all over the place in the beta, so they'll be something that may or may not need tweaking. Have to wait until launch anywho.

As long as they've fixed it from that premier trailer we should be ok. :P (It hadn't been tweaked in the video and lasted a really long time. Devs noted that.)

Did they change how the flare stuns Jason?  I remember seeing him fall I think after he gets shot in the face from a previous video.  Maybe it's a false memory.  The new video with the Savini Jason doesn't show him drop, looks like he's just standing there stunned.  Not a big deal just curious.  Of course Tiffany didn't stick around long after shooting him.  I think they also said they increased stun times for the showing of the new stun abilities of the flare and fireworks in the old video. 

2 minutes ago, Gdain said:

Did they change how the flare stuns Jason?  I remember seeing him fall I think after he gets shot in the face from a previous video.  Maybe it's a false memory.  The new video with the Savini Jason doesn't show him drop, looks like he's just standing there stunned.  Not a big deal just curious.  Of course Tiffany didn't stick around long after shooting him.  I think they also said they increased stun times for the showing of the new stun abilities of the flare and fireworks in the old video. 

When they first showed the flare gun and firecracker stuns they said that they had to make a balancing pass, especially for the firecrackers. The video they showed that in was insanely long on the stun.

3 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

When they first showed the flare gun and firecracker stuns they said that they had to make a balancing pass, especially for the firecrackers. The video they showed that in was insanely long on the stun.

I remember them saying that.  Just not sure if Jason still drops after being hit with the flare.  

Maybe the undead Jasons react differently.  Ah well who knows. 

Edited by Gdain
Forgot last part about undead

Just now, Gdain said:

I remember them saying that.  Just not sure if Jason still drops after being hit with the flare.  

I think it's probably going to be akin to scoring a lucky melee hit. Sometimes he will, sometimes he won't. I doubt he'll get floored every time. That and each Jason has varying degrees of stun effectiveness, so some it might be much harder to get down.

Gdain likes this

4 hours ago, Plox said:

We don't know the stun duration for the flare gun or the firecrackers, so it seems weird to say that they are too short/long when we don't know.

I kinda find strange since they went into great detail on the bear traps.

It does seem like the flare to the face isn't the instant knock-over though, may well depend on Jason having taken a little abuse before.

The firecracker stun we only saw on one video, and exactly as ShankerOne says, right after showing it they mentioned that they were gonna reduce the stun time shown there.

Like that the flare to the face isn't a knock down. J6 would eat a flare for breakfast...he wouldn't hit the deck. Same goes for J8. Though J7 was knocked through a set of stairs by a swinging light bulb...skeletal pussy. 

1 minute ago, Gdain said:

Hmmm wonder what happens if you shoot another counselor in the face?

Tell you in a month, G. 

Doublepost due to not being able to edit a quote into my original. 

Gdain likes this

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Tell you in a month, G. 

Doublepost due to not being able to edit a quote into my original. 

Lol my name is Tony so it works 👍

7 hours ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

What does hitting Jason's body with the flare? Do you get points for marking him but he remains unfazed?

It seems like there are separate XP reward markers for hitting him, knocking him down, and hitting him in the face. And like you say, just firing the flare gun counts a Marked for 5 xp.

So, my educated guess is, if you shoot him in the body and don't knock him over, you'd still get two xp rewards for that hit and Marked.

At that point, running very hard is a good idea, of course.