GunMedia_Ben

Forum Upgrade

71 posts in this topic

So, we got a new forum as you can see. We'll need to get a new skin for the place as the old one is no longer compatible. Will see about changing things up here, soon. 

Other than that, things should be fairly similar to what you've been doing on here since the beginning. This was mainly a user-interface update and security has been bolstered (probably.)

-Ben

It's tidy'd up nicely. I'm a little worried we'll get people begging for likes because of the leaderboard but thus is the nature of social media.

Edit:

I don't know how to quote people anymore... I have some learning to do.

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Well,it's clear you're king of the forums this month.

Oh shit, quoting was easier than I thought.

Hey, you're right- I want one of those terrible employee of the month photos you see at grocery stores. As king, I demand it. ;) Seriously though, I think I like the changes to the forum.

17 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

So, we got a new forum as you can see. We'll need to get a new skin for the place as the old one is no longer compatible. Will see about changing things up here, soon. 

Other than that, things should be fairly similar to what you've been doing on here since the beginning. This was mainly a user-interface update and security has been bolstered (probably.)

-Ben

Cool deal. New is always nice. You just forgot that logo with the release date. :P

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Oh shit, quoting was easier than I thought.

Hey, you're right- I want one of those terrible employee of the month photos you see at grocery stores. As king, I demand it. ;) Seriously though, I think I like the changes to the forum.

Isn't that leader board snap of your avatar image the terrible Employee of the month Photo?

To anyone worrying, the leaderboards actually existed prior, it was just at the very bottom of the board and not super noticeable. But it always existed to see who had the most posts, who the top posters of the day are, etc.

So one huge issue to note is profile pics/avatars are now absolute horrendous quality when you upload a new one. Reuploaded my pic to mine thinking with the forum upgrade it'd be BETTER than the crappy quality of the old one but it was actually WORSE now and looks all pixellated as anything regardless of what resolution I use.

Also personally hate the new cover pictures as no matter what size or resolution you use, you can only see the top portion of the picture. 

:/

SenatorJPO likes this

27 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Isn't that leader board snap of your avatar image the terrible Employee of the month Photo?

I guess it is... I need to put a bad fake mustache on my pic. :)

15 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

I think some of the sub forum posting options are off.

I noticed this also.

Am I really that stupid that I can't even figure out how to put up a profile pic from my phone lol.  Or do I need to be on a computer.  By this point I should have at least figured this out. 

Changes that I notice:

• Signatures are gone.
-I do see -some- merit in this, as having multiple animated GIFs among signatures does lag browsers.

• Background images no longer wrap-around the background on profiles.
-They're more like "header" images. No more ruining the foreboding theme of this forum, by having a bright, expansive wallpaper covering the background gloom.

• Thread viewers are no longer displayed. (Many of you remember, they used to appear the bottom of threads.)
-If you want to know who's viewing which thread, then you must visit the profile of that individual. This, of course, will encourage more profile views.

2 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

I'll be honest, I liked the darker pallet better. :P

So far that is my biggest gripe. It's just so bright. Though after futzing with it a bit, I think it'll be ok. Just as long as I can easily keep up with evolving topics/unread posts. 

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Risinggrave. Digging.

*Pic of a very punchable Toby MaGuire*

With my bloodied shovel no less. 

Just now, Risinggrave said:

With my bloodied shovel no less. 

Is it imbued with mystical dark magic from the necronomican text filled with dark runes etched in the spade?

2 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Is it imbued with mystical dark magic from the necronomican text filled with dark runes etched in the spade?

Nah. It just has the words "Property of Skeletor" etched into the handle. Also somebody drew a penis with permanent marker for some reason. 

42 minutes ago, SenatorJPO said:

-If you want to know who's viewing which thread, then you must visit the profile of that individual. This, of course, will encourage more profile views.

You can just click on Online Users at the top to see a list of everyone and what topic/forum they're currently viewing.

SenatorJPO likes this