Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DamonD7

XP marker has changed

8 posts in this topic

In the previous videos, and during the Beta, doing things that gave you an experience reward appeared as a red bar on the left hand side with 'XP' written on it, alongside a brief description and the number gained.

Noticing now, in the Savini Jason video, that the big 'XP' letters have gone, replaced by appropriate icons for the task.

So, in the video, AJ manages to shoot Jason in the head with the flare gun.

We see a Shield icon and Marked +5. I'd guess that using the flare to light up an area is classed as a defensive action, hence the shield.

She also gets an Axe icon and Not The Face +50. So, the axe represents an offensive action, in this case hitting Jason right in the face.

The flare gun now being an item that can fulfill both roles!

It's a neat change for a little more visual variety than just 'XP' there, and I'd guess there could be a handful of others depending on the situation.

Like maybe for repairing a fusebox or fixing a car part, for instance.

DialM and TaleAsOldAsTime like this

I caught that right away, and loved what the devs did there. It completely looks sooo much better now. See, it's things like this, the polish, that is holding things up, I think. People are yelling and griping, but most of the heat is coming from other sites, and the instigators aren't even backers, just hype trolls.

P.S. I LOVED the whoosh of the throwing knife as it came at the screen,:) too bad it wasn't 3D!!! ;)

In the previous videos, and during the Beta, doing things that gave you an experience reward appeared as a red bar on the left hand side with 'XP' written on it, alongside a brief description and the number gained.

Noticing now, in the Savini Jason video, that the big 'XP' letters have gone, replaced by appropriate icons for the task.

It's a neat change for a little more visual variety than just 'XP' there, and I'd guess there could be a handful of others depending on the situation.

Like maybe for repairing a fusebox or fixing a car part, for instance.

I wonder if you have to earn XP in various ways to get various perks. Like maybe defensive XP goes toward earning counselors and offensive new Jason's, kills, etc.

Hmm, hadn't considering that. I figured just for some visual flair, or possibly to play into a stats screen.

I've absolutely nothing to suggest it for certain, but that sounds like a feasible idea.

22 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I wonder if you have to earn XP in various ways to get various perks. Like maybe defensive XP goes toward earning counselors and offensive new Jason's, kills, etc.

I don't think that's how it will work. They said the unlock system is unified, so I think it will remain like it was in the beta. You will unlock counselors and Jasons at certain levels and you'll use your earned CP to buy perks, kills for your Jasons and clothing items.

1 hour ago, DEATH said:

I don't think that's how it will work. They said the unlock system is unified, so I think it will remain like it was in the beta. You will unlock counselors and Jasons at certain levels and you'll use your earned CP to buy perks, kills for your Jasons and clothing items.

I'd agree you're most likely right. I was just pondering based on the different types of XP. 

7 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Hmm, hadn't considering that. I figured just for some visual flair, or possibly to play into a stats screen.

I've absolutely nothing to suggest it for certain, but that sounds like a feasible idea.

I'd agree it's probably just flair, but as I noted above, I wonder a bit if there is any reason to differentiate. 

Checked the announce date video, shields and axes again for the obvious tasks (like barring a door or knocking Jason down and so on). Couldn't see if fixing a car part, making a call, fixing the radio or the fusebox had a different icon or anything.

But just confirmation of this little change, anyway.