K_Mast2017

Savini Jason possibilities & other Jason weapons

111 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Davidt said:

Skin is awesome i have feeling its gonna be overused the first day of launch though

Agreed. It's likely more powerful than whatever the base unlocked Jason is.

9 minutes ago, Davidt said:

Skin is awesome i have feeling its gonna be overused the first day of launch though

4 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Agreed. It's likely more powerful than whatever the base unlocked Jason is.

Not so sure about that with how many folks are bitching that they didn't get one... judging by the medium sized outcry it may be a rarer skin than we think.

1 minute ago, Nothingface said:

Not so sure about that with how many folks are bitching that they didn't get one... judging by the medium sized outcry it may be a rarer skin than we think.

That's their fault was plenty of time to order. And I think there is quite a lot that ordered it 

3 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

You may be right but I expect more or less nothing but Ghost Rider on Day 1. I hope it's fairly limited though.

34 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

You may be right but I expect more or less nothing but Ghost Rider on Day 1. I hope it's fairly limited though.

If it means the game getting launched I would put up with only playing against Chads retarded attempts at being a killer for 1 day...

bewareofbears likes this

I'm gonna be going for Tom's Jason first, no doubt. The only Jasons I haven't played yet are part 6, 8, 9 and Tom Savini's and out of all of those, I've been looking forward to playing as Tom's Jason the most. He seems to be a walker rather than a runner, so I'm gonna guess that he'll play similarly to part 7 - my favourite one.

I do look forward in checking out the artwork even further on this Jason.

I own the skin but in my own opinion, it should eventually be released as DLC for additional funding support to the game and to please those that were unfortunate to not get it in time.

19 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

I own the skin but in my own opinion, it should eventually be released as DLC for additional funding support to the game and to please those that were unfortunate to not get it in time.

To each their own :) I personally would prefer it if they never released it as DLC, and instead only gave out a few as giveaways. The fewer the better in my opinion, I'd like them to be rare at some point :)

Gdain likes this

4 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

To each their own :) I personally would prefer it if they never released it as DLC, and instead only gave out a few as giveaways. The fewer the better in my opinion, I'd like them to be rare at some point :)

I do totally understand, but i would like the project to be adequately funded for a long time. There is going to be data bank servers that keep this game running. The longer they run, the better for us players and the production team.

Anyways drifting off topic ;)

I'm actually gonna find it quite tough to resist using this one all the time to begin with. I really want to give all Jasons (and counselors) a try out, but for the first day or two I am tempted to roll around with this guy.

J6 ,J8 and the Savini Jason are probibly going to be my most used.

All of them look spectacular in the videos.

J8's model looks ESPECIALLY good.

I'll probably still play the other Jasons at launch, but obviously I'll play with the Savini Jason.

To me, he's the unofficial Freddy vs. Jason Jason.

I'm still expecting Part 6 Jason to be the fastest of all undead Jasons. I'll be slightly disappointed if he isn't.

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I'll probably still play the other Jasons at launch, but obviously I'll play with the Savini Jason.

To me, he's the unofficial Freddy vs. Jason Jason.

I'm still expecting Part 6 Jason to be the fastest of all undead Jasons. I'll be slightly disappointed if he isn't.

I feel the same way. I will play all Jasons regardless, but I am definitely using Savini Jason first. I think he looks badass and absolutely terrifying. I may just shit myself when he pops out of nowhere when using Stalk. Just saying. :D

SCREWNUT likes this

22 minutes ago, DEATH said:

I feel the same way. I will play all Jasons regardless, but I am definitely using Savini Jason first. I think he looks badass and absolutely terrifying. I may just shit myself when he pops out of nowhere when using Stalk. Just saying. :D

I can't agree more.  In the beta it was bad enough the shock to my ticker when the screen did the "VHS Tracking" effect, but seeing a hellspawned glowing eyed Jason going to push me over the edge! :D  I love it.

DEATH likes this

9 hours ago, Babalonkie said:

I hope they don't sell it later. The Savini Jason Skin was available for like a year and a half.

17 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

I hope they don't sell it later. The Savini Jason Skin was available for like a year and a half.

Yeah I really doubt they willl.  I do see them creating another Jason down the road once the game is out. 

Just now, Gdain said:

Yeah I really doubt they willl.  I do see them creating another Jason down the road once the game is out. 

They've been pretty adamant on Twitter about it being a backer exclusive, much to the dismay of many people. I've seen them catch some crap for it. But the thing was available for a year and a half. If they didn't grab it from Kickstarter or backerkit, that's really on them.

As for the future, the only thing I've seen them say is that they might do some giveaways. And I know a few streamers like CharminEXSoft said he bought extra to giveaway on his stream post launch. So there might be a few avenues to get one if someone didn't. They just need a lot of luck. :)

3 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

They've been pretty adamant on Twitter about it being a backer exclusive, much to the dismay of many people. I've seen them catch some crap for it. But the thing was available for a year and a half. If they didn't grab it from Kickstarter or backerkit, that's really on them.

As for the future, the only thing I've seen them say is that they might do some giveaways. And I know a few streamers like CharminEXSoft said he bought extra to giveaway on his stream post launch. So there might be a few avenues to get one if someone didn't. They just need a lot of luck. :)

Yeah I'm not understanding why people are throwing a fit that they can't get the skin now.  They had the chance for over a year!  The best is people saying they didn't know about it...wtf, how could you not?!??  

3 minutes ago, Gdain said:

Yeah I'm not understanding why people are throwing a fit that they can't get the skin now.  They had the chance for over a year!  The best is people saying they didn't know about it...wtf, how could you not?!??  

I was watching on Twitter yesterday as one guy was giving them crap screaming about not buying the game because he considered it cut content like preorder bonuses. I attempted to try and explain how the Savini Jason was a Kickstarter incentive and backerkit item introduced to help fund the development of the actual game, and how that is a world of difference from something like BioWare clipping the From Ashes DLC (something actually cut from Mass Effect 3) and then selling that as Day 1 DLC. There is a difference between the two, even if some folks don't (or won't) see it.

DEATH likes this

1 minute ago, ShankerOne said:

I was watching on Twitter yesterday as one guy was giving them crap screaming about not buying the game because he considered it cut content like preorder bonuses. I attempted to try and explain how the Savini Jason was a Kickstarter incentive and backerkit item introduced to help fund the development of the actual game, and how that is a world of difference from something like BioWare clipping the From Ashes DLC (something actually cut from Mass Effect 3) and then selling that as Day 1 DLC. There is a difference between the two, even if some folks don't (or won't) see it.

People only complain and say stupid shit on Twitter because they have no real voice of their own.  It's all me me me bitch and moan.  I tried Twitter, don't understand it lol.  Tweets and followers hashtags and likes.  Uhg get off my lawn, rant over lol. 

Just now, Gdain said:

People only complain and say stupid shit on Twitter because they have no real voice of their own.  It's all me me me bitch and moan.  I tried Twitter, don't understand it lol.  Tweets and followers hashtags and likes.  Uhg get off my lawn, rant over lol. 

I use it to follow stuff I like but over the years it's evolved from being a platform everyone used to tweet what they were eating, to reviews and chats, to primary communication for games and media, to short character argument, and, of course, the ever popular beating someone over the head with said short statement taken out of context from 5 years ago. That last one is a popular one.

Gdain likes this

It's perfectly reasonable for them to keep it an exclusive, for being available as long as it has been. However, there are unfortunate people like me, who only recently stumbled upon this awesome game, and missed out. I must have missed the backerkit preorder by just a few hours. Didn't even realize it was ending when it did, otherwise I would have gotten the funds together sooner. Now my only hope is overpriced eBay auctions. If anyone out there bought the skin for PS4, and doesn't want it anymore, I will pay good money for it! :)

Babalonkie likes this