wes

Breakable Fences

173 posts in this topic

If you look closely at the scene where she puts the boat propellor to his face, after the big hit that looks like it breaks his neck,

It shows her swimming with tommy back to shore,

It cuts back to Jason in the water (presumed dead) before cutting back to Megan pulling tommy ashore to try CPR.

In that short shot where it shows Jason just after the propellor is finished, it does show damage to the right side of the mask instead of the left.

In the final scene, where it shows Jason clinch his fist, it doesn't show any of the mask damage

I so so so hate to admit it but you're right. I had to go frame by frame. That's crazy that they made that mistake!!! It shows the left side getting chopped up but when his neck snaps and you get a brief glimpse of mask damage and it's on his right!!!! Wtf. Then when he's floating in the water at the end there is no damage. I would have bet everything that I was right lol. In my defense it's so short to even see ???? Good eye.

It's always bugged me. I noticed it years ago and I've always thought that part 7 had it wrong.

If you look at the "chopping scenes" it appears as though it is hitting just under his chin on the right side. This is when he is still flailing around a bit. No visible damage is presented and the propellor does appear to move right to left from Jason's perspective. My guess is that the damage was "supposed" to be on the right and when they let the motor run roughshot on the dummy, the neck breaking hit was a happy accident, so they went with that...

I pulled half of that out of thin air and the rest out of my ass... so I may be way off. But it looks like they intended for the damage to be on the right side instead of the left.

acpzk42.png

Haven't seen a thread dedicated to the mask color so I figured I'd just post it here since there's 4 pages about the mask at this point.

Why are they discussing it on a fan Discord but not here on the official forum? :P That's dumb.

I'll have to agree a bit,im not saying that the forums doesnt get as much attention,but it took ShodanFreeman to post Wes own responses on our comments on a discord server for us to know his toughts on the matter.

Make you wonder what other things/informations that are being posted on that discord server that some of us doesnt even know about but only ShodanFreeman and a few others get to know.

I'll have to agree a bit,im not saying that the forums doesnt get as much attention,but it took ShodanFreeman to post Wes own responses on our comments on a discord server for us to know his toughts on the matter.

Make you wonder what other things/informations that are being posted on that discord server that some of us doesnt even know about but only ShodanFreeman and a few others get to know.

Yea. I think it's a load myself. I guess we're just not part of the cool kids group. :P

Yea. I think it's a load myself. I guess we're just not part of the cool kids group. :P

Agree. If you're gonna answer questions about backer/fan issues...answer them on the official forum. Most people won't even know what "discord" is. I have no idea what "discord" is? "Discord" to me sounds like a drunken Lyndsay Lohan and Paris Hilton penthouse apartment party, frantically trying to hire a window cleaner for an already burning building.   

Agree. If you're gonna answer questions about backer/fan issues...answer them on the official forum. Most people won't even know what "discord" is. I have no idea what "discord" is? "Discord" to me sounds like a drunken Lyndsay Lohan and Paris Hilton penthouse apartment party, frantically trying to hire a window cleaner for an already burning building.

Discord is a place where someone managed to capture a developer's fart in a plastic bag and they all pass it around huffing it.

Seriously though, our concern only gets addressed because someone says we're complaining about it and then it gets answered but doesn't actually get answered because what restarted the discussion were in-game pictures released to show the breakable fences.

Splatterhouse likes this

Discord is a popular VOIP chat program. Think of Skype, accept easier to use and it has a lot more people that can use it at once.

Should they talk here? Maybe, but that's more or less posting. You can have ACTUAL discussions on a voice chat program. So it may be more appealing for them to use.

"Discord" to me sounds like a drunken Lyndsay Lohan and Paris Hilton penthouse apartment party, frantically trying to hire a window cleaner for an already burning building.   

This actually makes it sound like a lot of fun, how do I join? Does the building have to be on fire?

Splatterhouse likes this

Need's to be more multi-lateral then. :lol: What am I supposed to trawl the Forum, Reddit, Discord, Twitter, Facebook and piece together the information like a detective? It's like an episode of Columbo where even Peter Falk doesn't know what he's doing! 

A few questions I'd have about Discord. 

1. Doesn't that give a lot of room for people to misconstrue words if they are verbally communicated? 

2. Isn't the Discord that the dev's speak in run by a ban happy group, thus exclusionary to many people who we'd find on the official forum?

3. If Gun wants to deal with Discord shouldn't they have a channel or whatnot they run that they moderate? 

bewareofbears likes this

A few questions I'd have about Discord. 

1. Doesn't that give a lot of room for people to misconstrue words if they are verbally communicated? 

2. Isn't the Discord that the dev's speak in run by a ban happy group, thus exclusionary to many people who we'd find on the official forum?

3. If Gun wants to deal with Discord shouldn't they have a channel or whatnot they run that they moderate?

Great questions- maybe if we're lucky someone will misrepresent them on Discord and brings us back a response to something we didn't even ask. :)

Great questions- maybe if we're lucky someone will misrepresent them on Discord and brings us back a response to something we didn't even ask. :)

Or we could all go there and hang out. 

I'm sure they'd love us.

Unfortunately we're capable of criticism and that's an automatic ban from what I hear. ;)

You know if enough of us got banned for bullshit it wouldn't be a good look for Gun to be hanging out there. I can see the flames now. 

This is true.

Yeah, I see it as win win. We go there and learn the stuff we're not hearing here, or we go and because we're not bland enough in the personality department, we get banned. then we kindly ask Gun not to sanction our exclusion by dealing with asshats, see if they won't get their own channel, or at least have a presence on the official forum. 

Edit: I know the guys have a presence here, but we've found out a few bits of info out from Discord that haven't been spoken of officially here. Maybe more of a presence would be more accurate.

Yeah, I see it as win win. We go there and learn the stuff we're not hearing here, or we go and because we're not bland enough in the personality department, we get banned. then we kindly ask Gun not to sanction our exclusion by dealing with asshats, see if they won't get their own channel, or at least have a presence on the official forum. 

Edit: I know the guys have a presence here, but we've found out a few bits of info out from Discord that haven't been spoken of officially here. Maybe more of a presence would be more accurate.

The info coming out is spread over so many platforms, it's really hard to follow. I joined up on the forum because I felt this would be the best place for info. I chose poorly.

The info coming out is spread over so many platforms, it's really hard to follow. I joined up on the forum because I felt this would be the best place for info. I chose poorly.

I think you're being pessimistic, BoB. I check here and Twitter every so often, and I think I know a majority of stuff. Stuff falls into the cracks, but I wouldn't say it's a poor choice. 

Also you have to admit, once the game drops and we all stop showing up, you're gonna miss the hell out of this forum. We've all had some good times and a few chuckles.

That's how it used to be. I actually liked that single place method. Unfortunately, now you have to browse the forums, surf reddit, follow Twitter, circle back to Facebook, take a detour at Discord, fling back around to random forum, sometimes take the off ramp to Instagram (while not having your head explode), all before riding back into the forums just to realize you missed the exit to the newest social media platform like Minds to get the next bit of news. :) It can be a bit of a chore.

F13 isn't quite as bad as some other things in this regard. But still it can take some searching.

That's how it used to be. I actually liked that single place method. Unfortunately, now you have to browse the forums, surf reddit, follow Twitter, circle back to Facebook, take a detour at Discord, fling back around to random forum, sometimes take the off ramp to Instagram (while not having your head explode), all before riding back into the forums just to realize you missed the off ramp to the newest social media platform like Minds to get the next bit of news. :) It can be a bit of a chore.

F13 isn't quite as bad as some other things in this regard. But still it can take some searching.

How many fences did you break on this Family Circus circlejerk of a route?

That's how it used to be. I actually liked that single place method. Unfortunately, now you have to browse the forums, surf reddit, follow Twitter, circle back to Facebook, take a detour at Discord, fling back around to random forum, sometimes take the off ramp to Instagram (while not having your head explode), all before riding back into the forums just to realize you missed the exit to the newest social media platform like Minds to get the next bit of news. :) It can be a bit of a chore.

I think you're being pessimistic, BoB. I check here and Twitter every so often, and I think I know a majority of stuff. Stuff falls into the cracks, but I wouldn't say it's a poor choice. 

Also you have to admit, once the game drops and we all stop showing up, you're gonna miss the hell out of this forum. We've all had some good times and a few chuckles.

Yea, I do watch the other social media feeds- Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Steam and here. I meant more so I thought this would be the best choice to be in the loop. I don't want to add any more platforms to my daily list of news hunting... I was hoping five was enough. ;)

I don't know if I'll miss the forum- it's been at least a decade since I joined one. I'm hoping the game will eat up my forum time and hopefully I'll get a chance to play the game with some folks from here. The forums are always the first thing to die upon release it seems.