wes

Breakable Fences

186 posts in this topic

Great news no longer have to worry about trolls.

Well that's debatable. I'm still half expecting there to be a roaming band of heathens that just go game to game with the sole purpose of killing fellow councilors by shooting them in the face with flare guns. And we all know it's going to happen. :P

Oh shit yes! This was actually one of my suggestions, even though you probably already had it planned when I did my suggestions. Nontheless this is awesome as the fences seemed like the biggest loop exploit in the game.

Yeah that's always a plus. But let's talk about that "very soon" part of the statement. :P What variation of the dev speak of "soon" we talking here?  :lol:

very  -  in a high degree; extremely; exceedingly:

soon -  within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.

Excellent! Thank you very much for the continued updates. Rage destruction w/o prompts would be my vote. Quick question concerning the short fences: can knives be thrown at counselors prior to the fence being broken? Or do they act like a wall for physics/gameplay purposes and effectively LOS Jason? Asking in another way, do they both have to be on the same side for the knives to be an option?

I didn't get to play the beta, so sorry if that would have answered it.

Gdain likes this

So since the Beta (the first thing during it), we've seen adjustments to stamina/speed, throwing knives added and now destructible fences. All measures added to try to weaken that early Beta game of being able to easily junk n jive or simply outsprint Jason. You could argue the new Jason Stalk ability also plays towards that, giving you a chance to silently get closer to those that would otherwise leave you in the dust.

I'm glad to see Jason being improved so strongly to mitigate that kind of play. It'll be harder than ever for the counselors, but that's the way I like it!

I agree with those that think the Kool Aid approach of Rage Jason just busting through fences sounds great, but I'm willing to see how it plays first without that.

About the only other thing I'd hope would be that they do weaken Jason's ability to morph-grab so easily. About the only thing of his that felt a little cheap.

Excellent! Thank you very much for the continued updates. Rage destruction w/o prompts would be my vote. Quick question concerning the short fences: can knives be thrown at counselors prior to the fence being broken? Or do they act like a wall for physics/gameplay purposes and effectively LOS Jason? Asking in another way, do they both have to be on the same side for the knives to be an option?

I didn't get to play the beta, so sorry if that would have answered it.

That's a good question. In the beta there were no knives. I'm sure they got that so the wall thing won't interfere with knives.

Sounds good! Good implementation for sure. :) To answer the above poster about the couch...sure that will be patched in after release if it becomes a big problem. As they inferred with the taller fences. ;)

The way gameplay post-beta seems is that a good Jason will keep his knives/darts for those cabin scenarios rather than waste them whilst chasing someone he can easily outfox in the woods anyway.

Love it!

I'm also a fan of Jason just walking right through them when Rage is active

Posts are built from the steel used to make the T-1000. 

-W

*Mimetic Polyalloy

God help us if Jason has access to that stuff!

wes likes this

Hey, Campers!

We've also discussed allowing RAGE Jason to simply walk through them, without a prompt. If you are pressing "W" or pressing forward on the thumbstick, he just beast-modes through the fence as if it weren't even there. That might be pretty cool. Who am I kidding, that is fucking cool!

-W

Here's an idea, before Jason has Rage, he must chop the fence down with TWO chops, and after rage, he can walk through them BUT, it takes about 1-ish seconds of "forward pressure" on the fence to break it down, like Jason inflicts continuous damage on the fence as he's sort of leaning into it until it finally snaps. So it would be like two seconds vs <1 second before and after Rage.

Like the "forward pressure" would be like you slow down his walk animation to make it look like he's pressing against the fence so it doesn't look like he's moonwalking.