41 posts in this topic

There could be several reasons for people to not have "pre-ordered".

1. The pre order is only a Kickstarter deal. Those of us without accounts to the site could not do it. There was no marketing at Gamestops, on Xbox Live or other retailer or places for people to gain easy access to the knowledge of this. Most of the people that knew about it are die hard fans that were on the right place, right time on the internet.

2. The game suffered from how many release date delays?? Why would I fund a game that was slated to release in October 2016(which I don't even think was it original release date from sites I have read) in January 2017 when I first hear about it.  Knowing it has a lack of developers and people working on the project does not invoke confidence that the game will be released on time. Not to mention it seemed I had read this game was headed for a summer/fall 2017 release? Well, May is before that so I guess I didn't research it enough while working 50 hours a week and going to school full time to know the release date went ahead.  For those of us who have a lot of bills a month, its hard to set aside money for "possible" future games, when at the same time the entire project could have went under as has happened several times in the video game industry.

3.  Even for the first couple weeks this game was out there have been several frustrated gamers who feel they have paid for half a game. Especially when the servers constantly lose host, kick players, or simply crash and go to home screens.  The game has several bugs and glitches still. There was the quick match error for the longest (though I recognize we will get NES Retro Jason and CP to make up for these issues). We are still recommending this game and getting friends to buy it, so is not word of mouth a sense of backing it? Even when reviews online prove lackluster with people griping over the issues.

So though I am a huge fan of the Friday the 13th series, absolutely love what the developers have put into this game from nostalgic kills, settings, music, characters, etc., those of us who have played this first month have proven to be worthy of paying an extra $10 to get a Savini skin.

Most of the backers already have their names in the credits and other exclusives. It sucks I live in poverty and couldn't afford the risk of backing a "possible" game and that I didn't learn of its release date until two days after it came out when I saw one of my friends on it on Xbox. SO I accept that this is Backers only, hopefully all of you can accept many of the reasons some of us couldn't back it. Now I am not at all trying to come off as condescending or critiquing the developers(because you all did a freaking amazing job and are literally living out my dreams daily!), but just trying to articulate a few points on why some people may be big fans but yet didn't back it.  After all, how many have you been to Cinema Wasteland, or other horror movie conventions and met cast and crew from the films? Stop criticizing why we couldn't afford the $60 down for a $40 game and one skin that we care about.

Sorrow.inabox likes this

Of course I bought this game immediately as soon as I found out it was available, despite negative reviews saying it was broken. And in the same Xbox store run I searched through all possible DLC's such as Jason skins and outfits and found none. So in a sense, it was really cool that GUN is giving the backers such an amazing exclusive. Yet maybe such a good one that they could sell it at $10 (probably profit $5 after costs) times say about 10,000 (probably an underestimation) gamers whom would purchase it immediately, but instead took the higher road and kept it exclusive for the backers. So even though that easy $50k could go to better servers, hardware for them to develop new games and DLCs on, they chose to keep it real and say F*** the fame. We are all just bitter we can't get it.

I'd love it too. But it's a special skin for backers, people that supported the initial development of the game. Sometimes we just need to accept that we're not entitled to everything.

TheHansonGoons likes this

Guys, I'm starting an online petition to stop people from complaining because they didn't get the Jason skin when they had the chance,  WHO'S WITH ME!!!???

I'd post the link to the official statement thread and lock this.

It's not coming back, it is what it is. Maybe really far down the road something will change but right now, nothing is changing. 

e.txcountryboy likes this

I support Gun Media and developers for not allowing anyone who did not participate in kick start/backing or pre-order to have access.  I missed out.. I'm jealous and envious as all get out.. but I accept the circumstances...

Grats to all who got him.. he is amazing!!!

I look at it like people who backed it bought a limited edition collectors version.  If they come out with new DLC and locked that after some time, that'd suck

2 hours ago, Khouri said:

I look at it like people who backed it bought a limited edition collectors version.  If they come out with new DLC and locked that after some time, that'd suck

44 minutes ago, Sorrow.inabox said:

I'd say just bring savini jason back and not the other pack i can care less about the other one but the jason should be brought back as DLC 

From this thread. Ben notes...

So here we are and here is where we are always going to stand; that skin and those clothing items are not for sale. They are not for secondary sale. They are for those that backed us and have been with us from the beginning. They are the people that took a chance on a campaign that has produced a game that is overall fun. Sure, we have issues that are being addressed at this time, but no amount of comments, complaints or insults or suggestions are going to bring that skin back. There was over a year and a half time for someone to feasibly learn about that content and purchase it for $6 or $9; you did not even need to buy the game is you did not wish too at the time. 

This team stands firm that for those of you who missed out; sorry. You missed out. Our backers believed. They funded. They supported. This is our thanks to them with a skin that is in no way superior to the other versions of Jason present within the game. I am sorry for those that want it now, but you missed out. We did everything we could to ensure that the word got out through our channels, press and otherwise, but the answer remains the same; we will not sell them.

On 14/04/2017 at 8:22 AM, GinnyvsJason said:

Hello all!

I have started an online petition for the goal of having the DLC (Savini Jason & Counsellor Pack) brought back out of early retirement.

I've never been a huge fan of limiting/exclusive DLC for video games; DLC should be accessible for everyone at all times in my opinion. Hopefully, you're someone who believes so too.

Please sign the petition if you're open to the idea of not limiting DLC for this great game! Again, this forum thread and petition is intended only for players who want DLC to not be limited. I'm aware there are others out there who are perfectly fine with it being exclusive.

Petition can be found at the following:

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/f13-game-dlc

Thanks for your support!

I'm sorry to tell you this but it's never coming back and it's your fault that your not a backer to buy the exclusive 

The exclusive skin for Jason should stay for those who backed the game development I'm sure other skins will come out.Like the Jason x skin which I know a few people do want.

This was available to everybody. It was available for at least a year and a half. This should remain exclusive. They sold it as such and to change their minds now would be wrong.