41 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I have started an online petition for the goal of having the DLC (Savini Jason & Counsellor Pack) brought back out of early retirement.

I've never been a huge fan of limiting/exclusive DLC for video games; DLC should be accessible for everyone at all times in my opinion. Hopefully, you're someone who believes so too.

Please sign the petition if you're open to the idea of not limiting DLC for this great game! Again, this forum thread and petition is intended only for players who want DLC to not be limited. I'm aware there are others out there who are perfectly fine with it being exclusive.

Petition can be found at the following:

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/f13-game-dlc

Thanks for your support!

Nah.

I hope they stick to their GUNS (harhar) and never release the exclusive Savini skin. Not even for some kind of eventual COMPLETE edition. There was plenty of time to snag the Savini skin and contribute to the funding of the game. Making it available again just cheapens it,IMO.

I have it. Do I want it to be exclusive? To some degree yes, I don't really want the backer one I purchased to become super common post launch.

HOWEVER if they decide to release an alternate version of the skin that's got some significant changes I would be more okay with that. Because our skin is still exclusive. But you guys get to purchase a version of it.

Basically as long as the version they release to the public isn't as fancy or prestigious I dont care if they get some other form of the cosmetic... but they shouldn't get the same exclusive one.

GameboySM likes this

I kinda hope they do release it at some stage eventually. I've bought the game and extras on PS4. (I don't currently own a PC powerful enough to play it) But I envisage there will come a time when the PS4 is no longer supported by Sony when the PS5 or even PS6 is released.

This is when I could see myself moving to the PC version of the game. It will likely always retain its playing base. It would be nice to pick the DLC up again somehow when that times comes. 

Absolutely not. It's a Backer exclusive for a reason. If they release these exclusives in the future, it will cheapen the game and piss of a lot of people, including myself. 

Not going to happen. I actually waited to get the clothing pack until the last day. I'm glad I did.  There will be plenty of DLC to come after the game is released and the popularity grows.

You had what, a year to preorder?! No way should they re release it. And a petition?! What's that supposed to do? Ridiculous.

I doubt they will change it. They were pretty adamant about it being exclusive. If they change it they could piss off the people that were responsible for funding the game at the very beginning, which wouldn't look very good. I doubt they would want to enrage the people who have been with them since the beginning.

TWarner likes this

OP, you note on your petition page:

"Some F13 Game fans, including myself, have disagreed with the exclusive nature of the DLC."

The thing is it's only exclusive as in you had to buy it within a rather large window of time. It's not like a person couldn't buy it if they had wanted to. You make it sound like somebody had to win a contest or be related to the Dev's or something.

Also how fair is it to the people who paid for the content, knowing it was going to be rare, only used by other fans who preordered? By offering it again, Gun would have falsely advertised it as exclusive to the Backerkit only.  

I like to think their integrity is worth more to them then the money they'd make. 

The only legit argument really is the people who will find out about the game when it launches and never knew it existed prior and thus never had the chance to get it.

But at that point you need to consider that they likely weren't a huge fan if after all this time they still don't even know about the game. Some exceptions may apply but either way.

I have no strong opinions one way or the other. I tend to be a very generous person by nature so I have little need to covet something over someone elses head as a "I have it, you don't." kinda thing.

But I do empathize with Backers wanting something unique as a reward just for them that launch players can't have.

And the devs have stated their desire to do just that. So it's pretty much a moot point. Savini skin is exclusive to backers.

DLC Clothing however i feel should be exclusive only for a limited time and made available publicly at a later date.

Because not having one skin is one thing, but not having access to a lot of customization for all chars would suck. Plus it's a super easy way for devs to make extra money they desperately need.

They could just make the Savini Jason without the fire effects as a skin.  I just think it kind of sucks if there's someone who starts playing, and would really want Savini Jason for his unique stats/abilities, but can never get him, so has to play a Jason that they don't "fit" as well with.

While I understand that it may looks unfair to some people, at the same time like many have already pointed out those dlcs were meant to be exclusive. They were in some of the backer tier in the beginning and then they decided to make them available on backerkit after that. If they make them available for everyone now then what was the point? Obtaining them was supposed to be an opportunity offered to early supporters only, doing otherwise now goes against the whole concept of exclusivity.

You had what, a year to preorder?! No way should they re release it. And a petition?! What's that supposed to do? Ridiculous.

Because anymore, people think they can solve everything through a petition. "If I can get a million people to sign it and show how much support this idea has, they'll have to adopt it". Kind of a symptom of the idiotic participation trophy age we live in i.e. it might make little Johnny feel bad about himself if there are limitations and he can't have all the shiny toys some other people have.

Wrong. Life ain't fair; deal with it. Sometimes you miss out on stuff. That's just too bad. Look at it as us doing you a favor. Life 101 if you will. It's a valuable lesson: Life will be full of disappointment, kid. Get used to it. 

Risinggrave and Gdain like this

Because anymore, people think they can solve everything through a petition. "If I can get a million people to sign it and show how much support this idea has, they'll have to adopt it". Kind of a symptom of the idiotic participation trophy age we live in i.e. it might make little Johnny feel bad about himself if there are limitations and he can't have all the shiny toys some other people have.

Wrong. Life ain't fair; deal with it. Sometimes you miss out on stuff. That's just too bad. Look at it as us doing you a favor. Life 101 if you will. It's a valuable lesson: Life will be full of disappointment, kid. Get used to it. 

Actually petitions have been around for a LONG time and have historically been VERY effective at bringing about change. Its just that in the internet age they have become easier to do and thus more common place. Petitions aren't bad things they let folks know the will of the masses, and shows the popularity of an ideal or position.

The catch 22 being that the idea has to be popular enough to actually garner that support, and this one never will be... if a petition only gets like 100 signatures its basically garbage. If it gets like 4-5000 it becomes a lot harder to ignore. But a petition to do something like this? A survey would have sufficed...

Actually petitions have been around for a LONG time and have historically been VERY effective at bringing about change. Its just that in the internet age they have become easier to do and thus more common place. Petitions aren't bad things they let folks know the will of the masses, and shows the popularity of an ideal or position.

Yeah, I get that. Way to put words in my mouth or meaning behind my words that isn't there. Never made any kind of statement that petitions were somehow a new thing. Just their usage. 

Generally speaking, petitions have been used for matters of greater social and/or political importance. Not for "x is not fair and it makes me sad:(". When you are creating petitions regarding frivolous, unimportant things, it cheapens them and their historical significance. 

I'd be okay with maybe a weekend where the skins is made sellable again, maybe occationally on Friday the 13th they can open it up for a day, then close it.

Either way I think it should stay exclusive or mostly exclusive.

I dont agree with this so i didnt even look at the petition link. Many games have preorder bonuses some that are never available again so if u dont order the game early u miss out.

Thats how these 2 dlc things were labelled and shouldnt change imo. Originally it was exclusive to kickstarter but cause that only lasted a month they put it up on backerkit for people to get it that may have not had funds at the time or not heard of the kickstarter project before it ended.

There was plenty of time to get these on backer kit so anyone that didnt get them thats too damn bad.

I am not going to lock this at this time but this is in the wrong section anyways. Those items will remain exclusive to backers who supported the project early at the appropriate tier and those who purchased through backerkit.

I would of liked this but ive reached my daily limit

makred78 likes this

Not sure how this is off-topic?

Anyway, I think they should stay exclusive for at least a year after the initial release.

Honestly it falls somewhere inbetween game relevant and off topic due to the actual nature of this is to get a petition signed. That being the case I do not feel that this is game relevant and more of an off topic request to rally support for something.