wes

Counselor Stats (Near Final)

219 posts in this topic

Jock or not bro you CANT have two black characters with low intelligence.. Like literally y'all don't see the problem with that? not acceptable in 2017

Like I said, I get what you mean.

On one side : The Jock and the Athletic girl cannot have high intelligence, they're homages to 80s horror movie tropes that usually aren't that smart.

On the other side : The 2 black counselors did end up in two purely physical tropes, and I can understand how that seems.

However, I think you might do better to address your concerns to the developpers directly and in private, because this community is less than supportive when it comes to those kinds of issues.

caleb davis likes this

No....

We don't.....

We seem character stats, that make sense from a balance standpoint... it never crossed to greater majorities mind that this must mean the devs are racist. It fit the "character profile" not the "race profile".

I'm offended!!!!

Lachopas stats are discriminatory against the lesser lean.

All day people aren't slow and clumsy.... 3 strength!!! Come on bro, that's insensitive.... completely unacceptable. You can't discriminate against fat guys....

And only 1 fat guy with glasses in the game???

At least you got 2 black folks.... there's only 1 fat white guy in the game..... stand against the machine... we need more fatties!!!

Oh joy, a handle made just to stoke racial tension.

And now because you "really need it", I'm going to laugh when it doesn't happen. 

Coming in and making demands isn't going to get you shit.

i know it won't A*$hole, replying to me won't get you anything either. I'm just stating the obvious. If you don't see nothing wrong with the only 2black ppl having low intelligence then theres something wrong with you. its kind of disrespectful if you ask me but hey, everybody doesn't think outside the box. CLEARLY you don't

the game looks good & all but seriously, why the ONLY two black people in the game have LOW INTELLIGENCE. why the F do y'all seriously got Brandon 'Buggzy' Wilson intelligence a 1/10?????? its kinda sad & low key racist that y'all did that, do your company believes all black people are stupid???

Chad has a rating of 2

Jenny has a rating of 2

Tiffany has a rating of 1

Only 3 of the 10 characters have ratings over 5. 

We would ask that you not bring up any discussion of race, ethnicity, religion or politics into conversations here on the forums. This is a game that lends to the stereotypes of the characters seen in the movies. Each of these characters plays to strengths and weaknesses, regardless of who they are. It is a balanced consideration between every character. Do remember, Vanessa was by far the most played character during the beta. 

Equal opportunity murder, folks. That's our motto. 

There could be room for a character who has decent speed/stamina and intelligence at the same time. You could give Vanessa more intelligence and less luck or something. IDK how OP that would be. Just give them low stats on other things.

Also, I feel like some stats are definitely going to be more useful than others. Considering this is a game that is all about YOU surviving, I feel like I could take advantage of game dynamics by allowing some other sucker to choose the slow high intelligence character that repairs stuff.

Someone else can risk their butt fixing the phone and car. I will run around and survive Jason and take advantage of the work of the more vulnerable.

That's the best strategy, IMO.

i know it won't A*$hole, replying to me won't get you anything either. I'm just stating the obvious. If you don't see nothing wrong with the only 2black ppl having low intelligence then theres something wrong with you. its kind of disrespectful if you ask me but hey, everybody doesn't think outside the box. CLEARLY you don't

C'mon you can clearly see this game is supposed to be an 80's horror trope and most the character's stats pay homage to that. It's also stated that Brandon maintained a high GPA while still entangled with his extracurricular activities. These stats are based on balancing the characters roles in the game, and don't reflect personally how they are. He's not going to be the guy who can fix cars well like Rick from Part 3, he's gonna be a heavy hitter like Julius from Part 8. I see what you're saying but it seems like you're reaching at this point or just weren't informed enough and flew off the handle too quickly before reading into the characters themselves.

My apologies,

I have no intent or desire to flame anyone.

I am a little sick of all the negativity.

You guys have done a fantastic job of capturing the look and feel of the series and shouldn't be attacked for things outside your control among other reasons.

And you say this after Wes notes Vanessa is going to have slower stamina regen then Deb? 

Realistically, Vanessa would be just like she was at the beginning of the beta. Fast as fuck and most likely to survive. She got nerfed as far as her trope is concerned. She may or may not have a perk to help with her regen so she doesn't gas and die.

And you're still sitting here bitching that Palomino might not be quite as good at fixing cars as you'd like without a perk. We haven't even seen them in play yet. We don't know how things are going to be once the game drops.

Fucking A get over it.  

Is Vanessa still fast by default? Is she still the fastest person in the game? Is that what you would expect of an athetlic person? Ok then. Them nerfing her so she's not overpowered in gameplay while still keeping her to her trope is in no way comparable to another character outright SUCKING at their trope.

Also you are taking this way too personally and seriously. The entire point of the topic was to discuss the stats. Wes didn't post the stats with the expectation that everyone would go 'Ok cool, thanks" and topic ends. It was expected that people would discuss it.

To get pissy and upset because an actual criticism of one of the stats was taking place is kinda silly. It doesn't mean I was 'bitching' about it. I was pointing out an issue and discussing it. If you took it as me flipping the **** out over it then I apologize because I couldn't have been calmer. Again, it was simply discussion. No anger or ill will at all in any of my replies.

Risinggrave likes this

Is Vanessa still fast by default? Is she still the fastest person in the game? Is that what you would expect of an athetlic person? Ok then. Them nerfing her so she's not overpowered in gameplay while still keeping her to her trope is in no way comparable to another character outright SUCKING at their trope.

I'd assume Vanessa is fast, but if you gas out, you're not getting too far. So no it's not what I'd expect out of an athletic person. And if she can't run far enough to escape, she also sucks at her trope. 

Also you are taking this way too personally and seriously. The entire point of the topic was to discuss the stats. Wes didn't post the stats with the expectation that everyone would go 'Ok cool, thanks" and topic ends. It was expected that people would discuss it.

I'm not taking it personally. While I don't know who I'll main, Palomino is going to be my first try. I identify with him moreso then the others, so I want him to be fun to play. Again, the issue I had was the constant broken record with nothing new brought to the mix. When every third post is the same message spammed, that gets old. 

To get pissy and upset because an actual criticism of one of the stats was taking place is kinda silly. It doesn't mean I was 'bitching' about it. I was pointing out an issue and discussing it. If you took it as me flipping the **** out over it then I apologize because I couldn't have been calmer. Again, it was simply discussion. No anger or ill will at all in any of my replies.

I'm not pissy and upset. I'm mildly annoyed. And if you think I'm upset at you, I'm not. You seem like good people and the internet always makes us seem more like assholes then we are. My issues were what I felt to be posts on repeat. 

With that, Palomino has indeed gotten tweaked a bit, and from your post on it, I see you don't find it perfect, but are ok with it. Good stuff. I wish composure wasn't where he had taken a hit, but it is what it is. 

ikarikh likes this

I'd assume Vanessa is fast, but if you gas out, you're not getting too far. So no it's not what I'd expect out of an athletic person. And if she can't run far enough to escape, she also sucks at her trope.

Eh, not sure about that. Shes probably a sprinter. When I was swimming we had guys that were sprinters and guys that were distance. You trained differently for what you were racing for. Vanessa seems like she can do speed bursts but has a long cooldown. If she was a distance runner she could stay at a steady pace for a long long time.

Eh, not sure about that. Shes probably a sprinter. When I was swimming we had guys that were sprinters and guys that were distance. You trained differently for what you were racing for. Vanessa seems like she can do speed bursts but has a long cooldown. If she was a distance runner she could stay at a steady pace for a long long time.

Reasonable enough logic for me. I just hope that it plays well. 

Vanessa is an athlete, god, she's and atletic chick, she's supposed to be fast. The same aplies for Adam, he is a car guy, he's supposed to have a good repair effectiveness since he has experience from repairing his own car. Same for Deb, she's a nerd so she has to have good intelligence. Same for Buggzy, he's a Jock so he's supposed to have good strength... 

Get the point? i think it's easy to understand this point of view instead of being a douche.

I'm not taking it personally. While I don't know who I'll main, Palomino is going to be my first try. I identify with him moreso then the others, so I want him to be fun to play. Again, the issue I had was the constant broken record with nothing new brought to the mix. When every third post is the same message spammed, that gets old. 

I'm not pissy and upset. I'm mildly annoyed. And if you think I'm upset at you, I'm not. You seem like good people and the internet always makes us seem more like assholes then we are. My issues were what I felt to be posts on repeat. 

With that, Palomino has indeed gotten tweaked a bit, and from your post on it, I see you don't find it perfect, but are ok with it. Good stuff. I wish composure wasn't where he had taken a hit, but it is what it is. 

I appreciate your perspective on the matter and trying to be civil and respectful. The repeat posts were only because people kept countering stating "Well he'll get a perk, it's not a big deal!" which felt like they weren't actually reading what was stated because I already discussed why simply relegating his repair effectiveness to a perk was a problem in of itself. Even when I flat out replied stating "Perk is not good because X" people would reply to THAT with "He'll get a perk, don't worry!" which was like "/facepalm".

So all the 'repeat' posts you got were simply due to the amount of people replying with "He'll get a perk, don't worry". 

I also agree I wish they hadn't taken it from composure though, would have preferred they took a point off his strength instead. But despite what many might think, I'm not actually about trying to complain about my fav char not being perfect the way I want him. I'm fully content with where he's at now even if his stats aren't where I would have personally put them. I think they did a good job with him overall despite my personal bias' and am happy they took our feedback and fixed the only true issue with his stats which was the intelligence being so low.

I appreciate your perspective on the matter and trying to be civil and respectful. The repeat posts were only because people kept countering stating "Well he'll get a perk, it's not a big deal!" which felt like they weren't actually reading what was stated because I already discussed why simply relegating his repair effectiveness to a perk was a problem in of itself. Even when I flat out replied stating "Perk is not good because X" people would reply to THAT with "He'll get a perk, don't worry!" which was like "/facepalm".

So all the 'repeat' posts you got were simply due to the amount of people replying with "He'll get a perk, don't worry". 

I also agree I wish they hadn't taken it from composure though, would have preferred they took a point off his strength instead. But despite what many might think, I'm not actually about trying to complain about my fav char not being perfect the way I want him. I'm fully content with where he's at now even if his stats aren't where I would have personally put them. I think they did a good job with him overall despite my personal bias' and am happy they took our feedback and fixed the only true issue with his stats which was the intelligence being so low.

I'm sure I came off more disgruntled then intended. I'm also probably unaware of just how frustrated you were about it. Add in that we haven't seen the final choices on so much like perks and whatnot, that from my POV it seemed like it may have ended up being a nonissue as well. Obviously Wes and crew came to agreement he needed a boost prior to play. 

I'm in agreement. Str feels like it's going to be a dump stat in general, and I wouldn't have minded one more point separating Palomino and Wilson. Ah well, we'll see how it plays when it drops. 

ikarikh likes this

It makes me kinda laugh and a bit sad when people say that they want to play as the jock because "I'm strong! I want to be the protector!"...no no, youre gonna die lol.

Santi_Lee and caleb davis like this

The only camper I'm worried about really is Lachoppa.

We don't know what they did to Strength or luck so the benefits he gets for lacking so much stamina and speed are currently unknown... and it concerns me.

The only camper I'm worried about really is Lachoppa.

We don't know what they did to Strength or luck so the benefits he gets for lacking so much stamina and speed are currently unknown... and it concerns me.

While I agree with the sentiment brought up in the other topic that there is no real reason to pick Eric over Deborah as she is clearly the superior version of the two. I have no problem with Eric's stamina and Speed being so low in of themself because he more than makes up for it in Stealth and Intelligence plus Luck. It means he needs to be played as a sneaky character as that's where he specializes and that makes sense to a nerdy trouble maker to be sneaky. And his heavy stature makes sense that he wouldn't really be very fast or be able to run for very long.

Basically he needs to be played in the sense that he never gets caught in the first place to need to run away from Jason, much like Deborah.

So that isn't really a problem in my opinion. The main problem is simply that Deborah is just flat out a better version of him because they're just incredibly too similiar and Deborah's slight differences hit in the areas that are far more viable than Eric's. 

So as you mentioned, unless the final game has tweaked things greatly to make all stats very viable, then there's just no reason to pick Eric over Deborah from a gameplay standpoint. The only people who will play him are people who like his character/design.

FinalBoy likes this

I am redoing all the characters stats because I have extra free time on my hands at the moment and am bored.

Stat                              Eric Lachappa                              
Composure                             4          (0)                                           
Luck                                        9          (+4)
Intelligence                            10          (0)                    
Speed                                     2          (-1)       
Stamina                                  2           (0)              
Stealth                                    2           (-6) 
Strength                                  6         (+3)  

(See general discussion thread Deborah and Eric for lengthy justification)

Stat                              Adam Palomino                           
Composure                             5         (-2)                                           
Luck                                        2          (0)
Intelligence                             6          (0)                    
Speed                                     4         (-1)      
Stamina                                  4           (0)              
Stealth                                    8          (+4) 
Strength                                  7        (-1) 

(I see room somewhere for a stealthy character that is also very strong. The kind to hide in the bushes and whack Jason.)

Stat                              Buggzy                          
Composure                             3         (-1)                                           
Luck                                       1          (0)
Intelligence                             1          (0)                    
Speed                                     8        (0)      
Stamina                                  8           (0)              
Stealth                                    4           (+2) 
Strength                                  9        (-1)

(I imagine athletes being more stealthy than are currently given credit for)

Stat                              Chad Kennsington                        
Composure                             1        (0)                                         
Luck                                       10       (0)
Intelligence                             2         (0)                    
Speed                                     7         (-2)      
Stamina                                  5         (+1)              
Stealth                                    7         (+1) 
Strength                                  3        (0)

(9 Speed seems excessive to me when I think of Chad.)

Stat                               Vanessa Jones                 
Composure                             2        (-1)                                         
Luck                                        3        (-3)
Intelligence                              4       (+2)                    
Speed                                     10       (0)      
Stamina                                  9         (0)              
Stealth                                    4         (+2) 
Strength                                  4         (0)

I jmagine athletes being more stealthy than are currently given credit for, and Vanessa not being that dumb.

Stat                               Tiffany Cox       
Composure                             3        (0)                                         
Luck                                        5        (+1)
Intelligence                              1       (0)                    
Speed                                     6         (0)      
Stamina                                  9         (0)              
Stealth                                    9         (-1) 
Strength                                  2        (0)

Deb, Jenny, AJ, and Kenny are perfect.

@Plox

The main issue with your revamp is you mostly just gave everyone more stealth. Obviously there were a few other tweaks yes but overall most of what you added was just giving them extra stealth.

It kinda kills the diversity if everyone has decent/high stealth.

The varying stats per char make for very different play styles.

Brandon is meant to be a strong char, not a stealthy one. People who want to play sneaky and out of sight aren't gonna pick Brandon.

Just as people who want to run free and be able to keep Jason at bay or protect others in a support role are not gonna pick Deborah.

Making everyone have good stealth defeats the purpose.

DEATH, Mr_Trapper and Survival like this

the game looks good & all but seriously, why the ONLY two black people in the game have LOW INTELLIGENCE. why the F do y'all seriously got Brandon 'Buggzy' Wilson intelligence a 1/10?????? its kinda sad & low key racist that y'all did that, do your company believes all black people are stupid???

I hope you are trolling lol. Pretty sure he has low intelligence cause he fits into that jock stereotype of being stupid.

Survival and Mr_Trapper like this

I hope you are trolling lol. Pretty sure he has low intelligence cause he fits into that jock stereotype of being stupid.

They also have the white bimbo stereotype... its based off of the 80s for gods sake.

Never understood why some folks LOOK for reasons to be offended.

Survival likes this

They also have the white bimbo stereotype... its based off of the 80s for gods sake.

Never understood why some folks LOOK for reasons to be offended.

The smartest character is Asian. *TRIGGERED.*

But really--some people just take things too seriously. This a video game, not a political statement.