wes

Counselor Stats (Near Final)

325 posts in this topic

The car guy sucks at cars? What's next? An athetlic girl who has 1/10 in stamina? A strong guy who has 2/10 at strength? A FINAL GIRL STEREOTYPE WITH LOW INTELLIGENCE? Oh wait...

Now being serious: Take off 1 point of Adam's stealth/speed/luck and another point from his stealth/speed/luck and you'll have and Adam with 6/10 in intelligence, matchs better with the character. And also, i can see why Eric and Debbie fix cars better than the car guy, they're NEERRDDDSSS, period.

Also, Jenny stats still kinda suck, she has too much luck and i don't know how that works in a character that has low strength, just sayin'

But anyways, thanks for the information! i was literally dying about knowing the counselor stats. Thanks guys.

1 person likes this

Here are all of the effects of Luck, according to a post by Wes:

• Decreases the amount of Stamina consumed when performing a dodge while in Combat Stance.
  • Slightly increases the amount of Stamina you receive after landing an attack on Jason.
  • Slightly increases the amount of Stamina you receive after breaking free from Jason's grab.
  • Slightly reduces the amount of stamina you lose when blocking one of Jason's attacks.
  • Slightly reduces the amount that you stumble when fear is high.
  • Slightly reduces the amount of noise you make.
  • More swings before weapon breaks. (weapon durability)
  • Chance to not take damage while climbing out broken window.
  • If you have low luck, the opposite of all the above is true.
3 people like this

Lachappas intellgience and stealth will be handy but i feel im gonna by dying many times playing him cause once jason spots him he is a gonna be fucked low composure and cant run for shit with the low speed and stamina.

I can see Deborah being better at repairing a phone than Adam, but a nerdy girl can repair a car better than a guy who's hobby is working on cars? That sounds really weird. On top of that, even if you do wanna put Deborah at higher intelligence than him for obvious reasons, why is his intelligence stat which is solely used for repairing ability so low regardless if he's supposed to be the car guy?

Like if he was at 7/10 Intelligence I could buy it possibly, but 4/10? That makes him like someone who barely knows anything about repairing cars.

Like I can grasp the concept of Nerd girl should have higher intelligence than the edgy guy in a real world setting. But when the only thing intelligent factors into is repair stat, the guy who works on cars in his free time should have a really high intelligence stat.

I know its probably to late for this idea but it would be interesting if instead of just general intelligence there was a category for each repairable thing. Like Deborah was better at fixing the phone and radio and Adam is better for cars and someone else is good with boats y'know stuff like that.

Overheard at the offices:

"They got vicious over the traps. Back to arguing about the release date now though."

"Did we post new screenshots?"

"Yes! It held them over for about an hour."

"Okay.....Post the near final counselor stats."

"They will be so busy arguing about the stats...."

"We'll get another week before we have to show off retro Crystal Lake."

"And after that?"

"We keep praying for certification...."

2 people like this

Wikipedia is saying the game is coming out 2nd quarter 2017. You guys are still stating early/1st quarter 2017. I really don't know what to think or who to believe anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Game

Wikipedia is not an official source. The release is and still remains early 2017. Please be sure to follow F13 the game on social media or look for official announcements on this forum as that is fact.

1 person likes this

Discussing is fine. Repeating the same comment over and over was what got me

The reason I noted it was that you noted it  3 times prior to my post before engaging in conversation. (Posts 25, 30, 32, all on page 2) 

Kim's going to be better based on her int unless perks are implemented. Is it wholly accurate? No. but it may or may not be how things work. 

With that, I'm curious how would you stat out Palomino? What would you drop to boost his Int? Composure? Speed? 

People kept replying making counter arguments as to why it was ok for him to have low intelligence because Deb and Eric are smarter. My replies were pointing out the flaw in that because the intelligence stat doesn't actually account for intelligence but solely the ability to repair stuff. And if a bookworm and computer hacker can repair a car (Being smart doesn't equate to knowledge on how to fix a car), a car mechanic should be able to repair a phone/power box (which is actually more believable).

Again, it was merely a discussion and relaying why I felt their was a problem with Adam's intelligence stat. 

As I stated, if he was at a 7 for intelligence which still isn't super smart and still has Deb and Eric being way more intelligent than him, I would have been more able to believe the stats. He'd still be pretty good at repairing cars while not being as good at repairing everything like the nerdy people. It'd make MORE sense, not total sense no, but it'd be more acceptable to give the benefit of the doubt than having even AJ and Kenny being better at repairing a car than him which I just don't understand.

And if you're asking what I would drop to increase his Intelligence to 7, I'd say kill 2 off the luck and 1 off strength to compensate for it. 

Regardless, as I've mentioned, I'm open to hearing the devs reasoning for it and how they balanced it out to accomodate him being a mechanic despite having a shitty intelligence stat. Just that based solely on the information provided at the moment, I don't understand it. If he has a passive ability as suggested that allows him to be good at car repair but not phone/power, I could accept that.

Again, I just don't understand the current stats based solely on the idea that he's supposed to be a car mechanic. Thus 4 other people who have nothing to do with cars being superior to him at repairing a car makes no sense and I don't understand it. That's my only criticism.

But if he needs a perk to do it, again it'd be like saying Vanessa needs a perk to run fast or Deborah needs a perk to be able to have high intelligence to repair stuff etc. I just don't personally understand the logic behind that. That is all.

First want to think you guys!!! Loving all the new updates and the stats for the counselors!

For everyone that's going back and forth on what stats should be changed , THATS GOOD!!

Obviously, these stats are not done. Wes said "near final" , which probably means their looking for our feedback like the awesome devs they are to make changes.

My in put :

Adam should have better intelligence or add another stat were he's great with cars.

Jenny's strength and intelligence should go up

Vanessa and Brandon will definitely become op with perks think they should be tweaked before we have nation of V's and B's.

The fact that these aren't final yet worries me. I thought all that was left was certification, but clearly there are still balance issues to be ironed out. Not sure what to think about that. I mean i'm glad they're working on it but..

Eh. something. i can't put it into words atm.

5 people like this

Am I the only one weirded out by Brandon's face? Just something about it looks off.

Am I the only one weirded out by Brandon's face? Just something about it looks off.

Im glad im not the only one who was thinking that. He looks like a butch girl to me XD

@ikarikh Being good at working on cars is a specific kind of skill, so at most I'd put "the Edgy Guy" at 5 intelligence just to mark that he has good skills or is street smart but is not book smart.

2 people like this

He looks like he could be the killer

1 person likes this

@ikarikh Being good at working on cars is a specific kind of skill, so at most I'd put "the Edgy Guy" at 5 intelligence just to mark that he has good skills or is street smart but is not book smart.

I agree with this.

He looks like he could be the killer

I was thinking the same thing, lol. :lol:

Im glad im not the only one who was thinking that. He looks like a butch girl to me XD

Brandon looks like Little Richard to me- just needs the mustache. Both Brandon and Eric look like cartoon characters, probably the weakest of the counselor models. Kind of surprising since they're real people.

Now that u mention it and i went back to look it does look a bit strange. Also so does eric he seems to have a fatter face than when they first showed him

I was wondering this for a while but is there any stat governing winding up an attack? I am talking swing speed for Counselors. Is it just purely weapon based?

Brandon, Kenny, Eric and Adam are all real people. Just bear that in mind, as we sit here with our own perfect faces ;)

A.J and Adam Will be my favorite characters!
I look forward ! :wub:

I wonder if we could paint Lachappa's shirt red, yellow, or blue?

Seeing a team of trekkies going "Alright boys, set phasers from stun to kill." whilst unloading flares into Jason would be god tier.

btw eric and deborah stats are almost same, + - 2 in each collumn, dont you think it kills their singularity?

Can we all calm down about Adam?

I am very confident they wouldn't let his grease monkey trope go to waste. No doubt a perk is in order, makes his ability to fix cars instantaneous. That would no doubt be useful.

But we already have a lot of characters good at fixing things. Adam is high composure and a heavy hitter. Having a perk dedicated to just cars would be perfect and useful without breaking the role barriers.

btw eric and deborah stats are almost same, + - 2 in each collumn, dont you think it kills their singularity?

I'd even out his luck and stealth stat. Smart and Lucky.

If I can give my two cents about suggesting stat changes, I'm sure the devs are attached to their counselors, we are and we haven't created them, so I doubt any suggestions will make it through.

However, I feel like there might be an overabundance of stealthy counselors, specifically females. If it were up to me :

1) I would reduce Tiffany the Flirty girl's stealth to 4, and bump her luck to 10. Perfect genes are pretty lucky and I feel like the luck stat goes well with a « dumb » character, as that trope is often portrayed. That would make her a counselor with high luck, high stamina and moderate speed and stealth, which I think there isn't so far.

2) This would allow us to take luck points away from Jenny the Girl next door. Reduce her luck to 1 (how lucky is it to have all your friends murdered after all? xd) and bump her strenght to 6 and intelligence to 5. Final girls are resourceful and hit back, so to me that would fit the trope better, and it would make Jenny an unlucky Jack of all trades, with high composure. Thematically, to me, that would feel better than lucky but calm dumb weakling.

1 person likes this