wes

Counselor Stats (Near Final)

311 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ikarikh said:

Wouldn't that make it more so Adam should have an even higher stat on Repair then? If it's literaly 'Repair' now and not Intelligence, Adam's stat should actually be even higher in that since it would go fully with his trope and 'car mechanic' thing. Hell, I would think by that alone, Adam should have the highest stat of anyone in the game on that and the two nerds the second highest. 

Don't want them to change the stats because I like where they are now. Just think it sounds a bit odd for the car mechanic to have a lower 'Repair" stat than a book worm and a computer geek. I think it was better when it was Intelligence because Intelligence fit Deb and Eric more and Adam was shown to be reading books and stuff on twitter, so he's confirmed to not be a dumb bloke and there's plenty of those edgy hard ass guys who actually are quietly smart(See Jess on Gilmore Girls as one example). So it fit fine for him to be a bit smart and good at repairing, thus the intelilgence stat he had made sense. 

Not a big deal either way, just my two cents.

But there in lies a problem. If you use the word "Intelligence" and characters like Jenny and Vanessa have a low score, it sounds as if they are stupid. Jenny represents the final girl trope, and that trope is far from stupid. I don't really think you can win in this situation, no matter how you word it.

Survival and dandop1984 like this

5 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

K?

I don't think it was meant to be snide or offensive, I imagine fans of 'Gilmore Girls' on the board are few and far between and I think that's all he was reflecting. ;)

26 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I don't think it was meant to be snide or offensive, I imagine fans of 'Gilmore Girls' on the board are few and far between and I think that's all he was reflecting. ;)

If you're not familiar with/don't like the reference material I'd imagine it'd be simpler to simply not respond to it/ignore it than to dismiss it. Regardless, I replied with 'K?' on purpose to basically not make a big deal out of it and open it up to a debate. So let's move on.

6 hours ago, ikarikh said:

K?

Yes. See below. 

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I was being my usual jokey self. Ikarikh is on a F13 forum and asking us to watch Gilmore Girls. We're definitely not the demographic for that. So you hit it on the head.

6 hours ago, ikarikh said:

If you're not familiar with/don't like the reference material I'd imagine it'd be simpler to simply not respond to it/ignore it than to dismiss it. Regardless, I replied with 'K?' on purpose to basically not make a big deal out of it and open it up to a debate. So let's move on.

You don't know me at all, Ikarikh! I can't pass up ribbing my buddies. It's a character flaw. Sort of like Adam's original low intelligence. *mic drop* 

Kodiak likes this

I've compared the recent counselor stats, and I've noticed that certain counselors are either similar to each other, or are lacking in other stats that would benefit them more. Provided below are my ideas for every counselor in the game so far, in picture format:

FridayThe13thGame.jpg.df5bab5d977e99d2f91e3eedebaa56b1.jpg

As seen on the table, no two counselors share the same perfect or worst rank. For instance, A.J. has a very high stealth stat still, but Tiffany is the one who has a perfect 10/10 and no one else. Brandon no longer has the lowest Repair skill, while Tiffany still retains her weakness to repairing electronics and vehicles. I also wanted to put more emphasis on the 10/10 scores by removing the 9/10 scores, as the one point difference would be almost negligible in game-play. The 8/10 score is still high, but the 10/10 score would yield a more noticeable result when used.

Now, as for the changes I've made...I predict that A.J. will likely be the more controversial change out of everyone, and my reasoning is that she's a little too similar to Deborah in play-style as both have the exact same role (Repair and Stealth), much like how Eric is too similar to the two as well. I felt that it would make more sense that a tough-as-nails gal would be more focused in combat than repairs, hence the change. 

So basically, this was mainly done out of boredom and I don't really expect this to be taken into consideration due to the official release date having been announced ages ago, which I'm really eager to play once the game is released. What do you think? Any changes that looks better or worse?

Edited by RichWalk9891

RichWalk9891, hello and again welcome to the forums. I have merged your topic with this one as there is a discussion in progress about counselor stats. Please make sure you use the search feature to see if there is already a discussion in progress befrore creating a new thread.

@JPops: Sorry about that. I was under the impression that any kind of suggestions or ideas were specifically meant to go into the 'Suggestions/Feedback' thread, which was why I posted there instead of here.

1 minute ago, RichWalk9891 said:

@JPops: Sorry about that. I was under the impression that any kind of suggestions or ideas were specifically meant to go into the 'Suggestions/Feedback' thread, which was why I posted there instead of here.

No worries Rich, you are new and that's what I am here for :) the rule is to search first then post if it does not exist. You are welcome to post in any section that you have permissions to post in at the user level. 

RichWalk9891 likes this

20 minutes ago, RichWalk9891 said:

Welcome aboard. The official welcome to the F13 boards is when JPops merges one of your threads. It's a traditional right of passage and initiation here. :P 

Stats are something that I expect will probably get juggled some post launch. Of course, how the new changes will play in with the roll-a-perk thing they've added is something that we need a little hands on to play with and see how it all plays out. Hard to give any guesses without the full picture. 

Nice little chart you've put together there though.

RichWalk9891 likes this

1 minute ago, ShankerOne said:

Welcome aboard. The official welcome to the F13 boards is when JPops merges one of your threads. It's a traditional right of passage and initiation here. :P 

Stats are something that I expect will probably get juggled some post launch. Of course, how the new changes will play in with the roll-a-perk thing they've added is something that we need a little hands on to play with and see how it all plays out. Hard to give any guesses without the full picture. 

Nice little chart you've put together there though.

Cheers. :)

Of course, my chart means basically nothing at the moment considering that not everyone knows exactly how everyone plays out in the official game, especially with the announcement that the stamina system has been reworked.

We'll have a better understanding of how the counselors and game-play works after about a few weeks worth of playing once it's out.

4 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Yes. See below. 

I was being my usual jokey self. Ikarikh is on a F13 forum and asking us to watch Gilmore Girls. We're definitely not the demographic for that. So you hit it on the head.

You don't know me at all, Ikarikh! I can't pass up ribbing my buddies. It's a character flaw. Sort of like Adam's original low intelligence. *mic drop* 

Never asked anyone to watch GG. Just pointed out a character from a show that matched the point I was making about a 'Bad Boy' 'Edgy Guy' who was actually really smart and liked to read. But, like I said, my original reply didn't really think much of it or worry. Didn't intend for it to become a debate or issue. I only replied when Bears unintentionally made it one. But, with everything off everyones chest now, let's move on :)

Risinggrave likes this

Let's make sure when we post that we are adding something of substance to the discussion. One word replies definitely do not achieve this. 

I had a question about stealth.

In the beta, A.J. could run around without emitting noise bubbles on the mini-map, so when searching cabins I would sprint around without a care in the world.

However, I've been rewatching beta footage, and some youtubers who I know are knowledgeable about the game, about how the stats work, are searching entire cabins while crouching as A.J. or Tiffany and talk about the importance of always being crouched, etc.. etc.., even in videos towards the end of the beta.

Is there a benefit that I'm unaware of to crouching around (apart from managing your stamina), even as a high stealth counselor, or can I keep sprinting at my leisure?

@RichWalk9891 , that spreadsheet helps a lot. I'll probably just end up being a Kenny in the game. Looking at the stats I'm not sure which would be the most beneficial and the most detrimental to be without.  Thoughts?

Most beneficial and detrimental stats? It totally depends on your playstyle. Everyone offers up something so, I can't say, it's really down to how you play. Stealth, running, fixing, hiding...attacking! Even the slightly nebulous Luck offers up a bunch of little boosts across the board.

Kenny is an excellent choice to begin with, I feel, since you can try your hand at a little of everything. I'd recommend giving every counselor a try and see what fits you best.

8 hours ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

I had a question about stealth.
(question stuff edited for space)

Unless they've changed it from the Beta - they've changed a bunch, actually, but this hasn't been mentioned - then in terms of noise actually no, I can't think of any benefit for the best Stealthers like A.J. from crouching. There's the other benefits of stamina management like you say, as well as reduced visibility. Being slightly out of the Jason player's eyeline at points. Also fear management, when you've gotta get that down.

But just for noise, A.J. and Tiffany seemed to be able to charge around without any sound blips. Vanessa, man, did you see her sound blip when running? Huge circle.

SexDrugs&Tea likes this

@Vursoli: Bear in mind that my spreadsheet is not the official statistics for every counselors, as they are merely my suggestions for diversifying each counselor without making one or two a little too identical.

And from my personal experience, I would think that Stealth, Stamina, and Composure are the more important stats than others at the moment. Speed and Repair is also worth looking into as well, but aren't as vital. Luck and Strength are the two stats that doesn't sound as useful considering how combat is a big risk to take, though that may change in the final game.

It all comes down to your play-style. If you like to be stealthy, then A.J., Deborah, and Tiffany are your best bet. If you want to get to A and B as fast as possible and not be too concerned about Stamina, then Brandon and Vanessa is a good choice. If you want to do a little bit of everything, then Kenny is a good choice. It's up to you.

On 14/05/2017 at 10:38 AM, RichWalk9891 said:

I've compared the recent counselor stats, and I've noticed that certain counselors are either similar to each other, or are lacking in other stats that would benefit them more. Provided below are my ideas for every counselor in the game so far, in picture format:

FridayThe13thGame.jpg.df5bab5d977e99d2f91e3eedebaa56b1.jpg

Now, as for the changes I've made...I predict that A.J. will likely be the more controversial change out of everyone, and my reasoning is that she's a little too similar to Deborah in play-style as both have the exact same role (Repair and Stealth), much like how Eric is too similar to the two as well. I felt that it would make more sense that a tough-as-nails gal would be more focused in combat than repairs, hence the change. 

I really like the change to A.J., it makes sense for her to be able to hold her own in a brawl (because they did describe her as tough-as-nails at one point). I'm probably going to be maining her, but I want to play as a bodyguard to the other counselors, and I wish at least one of the female counselors had above average strenght to be able to knock down Jason a bit. I'm mainly going to be playing the girls because I love the final girl trope.

Anyways, I'll probably find perks that let me make A.J. into a powerhouse even without these stat changes, but I thought it was a cool idea ;)

RichWalk9891 likes this

Kenny is the head counselor, correct?  I think he should have some kind of leadership abilty so that the offline bots follow him.  Or he can order ones around etc.

9 hours ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

I really like the change to A.J., it makes sense for her to be able to hold her own in a brawl (because they did describe her as tough-as-nails at one point). I'm probably going to be maining her, but I want to play as a bodyguard to the other counselors, and I wish at least one of the female counselors had above average strenght to be able to knock down Jason a bit. I'm mainly going to be playing the girls because I love the final girl trope.

Anyways, I'll probably find perks that let me make A.J. into a powerhouse even without these stat changes, but I thought it was a cool idea ;)

Cheers. I always thought that it was a little bizarre that A.J. still has very low Strength and atrocious Luck in the final product, which makes her arguably the worst female counselor in combat considering that her weapon is going to break very soon and that she barely stronger than Deborah and Jenny (who both have the worst Strength statistic) to make up for it.

I decided to give A.J. more Strength to help mold her role as a combatant/protector type, and to better match her profile as being tough-as-nails, which is also complemented with her high Composure statistic. While A.J. will have lost quite a bit of her Repair skill as a consequence, it's still manageable at a 4/10, so she can still fill in that role if the player is skilled enough with the repair mini-games.

I also boosted Vanessa's Strength a bit more to help create another female character with an above-average Strength value. With those two girls boasting a higher Strength value than the original, it should help diversify the counselors a little more.

SexDrugs&Tea likes this

1 hour ago, RichWalk9891 said:

I also boosted Vanessa's Strength a bit more to help create another female character with an above-average Strength value. With those two girls boasting a higher Strength value than the original, it should help diversify the counselors a little more.

Oooh I hadn't even noticed, I like that change too! How weird is it right now that the Athletic girl is barely stronger than the nerdy guy xd

RichWalk9891 likes this

4 hours ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

Oooh I hadn't even noticed, I like that change too! How weird is it right now that the Athletic girl is barely stronger than the nerdy guy xd

And I've also noticed that Vanessa is ranked 4th when comparing every counselor's Strength value, and she's scores a 4/10!

Out of all statistics, the Strength stat is the only one that I'm concerned about how it will play out in the final product, especially since only Brandon and Adam have a high Strength value, while everyone else besides Kenny and Vanessa are scored 1-3/10. 

Maybe having so few genuine hard hitting characters is a part of trying to help dissuade players from attacking Jason.

If everyone is average-to-great, it'd likely to lead to an awful lot of them deciding they want to be a badass and take Jason on.
I mean, funny for a good Jason player, but still a bit out-of-character to have Jason getting bum-rushed by every counselor he tries to kill.

When it comes to fighting, Strength is something I bind up with Luck as being almost as important, because they both aid your chance to stun.

Both Jenny and Chad seem great candidates for 'stun and run', where it's possibly worth taking a swing at Jason to try to stun him or knock him down then escape, despite them not being much good in a more prolonged battle.

Whereas people like Buggzy (strength, stamina), Adam (strength, composure), Vanessa (stamina, luck) and, in a pinch, Kenny (Mr. All-Rounder) can have a shot at trying more than just a hopeful swing and escape.

...not sure if that all isn't a bit ramble-y, but, hey.

RichWalk9891 likes this

36 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Maybe having so few genuine hard hitting characters is a part of trying to help dissuade players from attacking Jason.

If everyone is average-to-great, it'd likely to lead to an awful lot of them deciding they want to be a badass and take Jason on.
I mean, funny for a good Jason player, but still a bit out-of-character to have Jason getting bum-rushed by every counselor he tries to kill.

When it comes to fighting, Strength is something I bind up with Luck as being almost as important, because they both aid your chance to stun.

Both Jenny and Chad seem great candidates for 'stun and run', where it's possibly worth taking a swing at Jason to try to stun him or knock him down then escape, despite them not being much good in a more prolonged battle.

Whereas people like Buggzy (strength, stamina), Adam (strength, composure), Vanessa (stamina, luck) and, in a pinch, Kenny (Mr. All-Rounder) can have a shot at trying more than just a hopeful swing and escape.

...not sure if that all isn't a bit ramble-y, but, hey.

True, there would be no point to being Jason if the game makes it too easy to stun-lock or outright kill him as a way to win the match as a counselor. Jason is supposed to be overpowered after all.

The most important part is that the goal of combat in this game is not to kill Jason, but to give counselors a chance to rescue captured friends, and to knock him out to buy some time to get away. Having every counselor go after Jason thinking that they can kill him would make for a short and boring match, so I can understand why most counselors don't even have their Strength statistics reach past 5/10 to give newcomers the impression that combat is not that viable a strategy.

My intention was only meant to give certain counselors, namely A.J., a unique game-play plan that is not identical to another counselor, and to give them an extra reason to want to attack Jason if players are confident enough that they will be able to stun him in one hit. Not to kill Jason, but to try a last-resort attack in the hopes of buying more time to escape.

DamonD7 likes this

Reduce A.J. stealth instead of Tiffany's stealth? That is so wrong... Okno.

Anyways, this is my opinion on character stats.

And this is how i would like to see the Mean Girl "Melanie" and the Hippie Stoner "Stan" if they were added to game, lol.