wes

Counselor Stats (Near Final)

311 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Whose instigating? 

To be fair you brought up bad blood that had been settled four days ago. 

5 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Ronnie put up an image on Twitter, of rolling the stats on a perk.

Pretty sure that's a new one we haven't seen before, or at least one that wasn't on the Beta. As ever, bear in mind the Positive and Negative traits are randomly rolled each time you select a perk.

That's interesting and news to me. I assume the percentages as well as the pos/neg traits themselves are all random?

7 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

That's interesting and news to me. I assume the percentages as well as the pos/neg traits themselves are all random?

To be honest,I don't know a single thing about the perk system. I didn't even know it existed. So there's random perks to pick before matches that only last one match? So confused.

Just now, thatdudescott said:

To be honest,I don't know a single thing about the perk system. I didn't even know it existed. So there's random perks to pick before matches that only last one match? So confused.

I'm guessing here but I think you get to pick the perk. In the example less fear for seeing a dead body. Based on Damon's comment it seems the numerical percentages and the negative will be random from match to match. So you might get 37% or 95% or 3% depending on random chance. And who knows what the negative will be?

I like the sound of it. Anything random will help keep the game fresh.

4 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I'm guessing here but I think you get to pick the perk. In the example less fear for seeing a dead body. Based on Damon's comment it seems the numerical percentages and the negative will be random from match to match. So you might get 37% or 95% or 3% depending on random chance. And who knows what the negative will be?

It does seem to be that way, so there's an RNG element. I'm basing it off the Launch Date video, where it seemed to be ticking over when selected:

Although I'm still unsure about whether you buy a Perk as a one-off for a match, or if you can buy them and keep them in your locker to use whenever you want.

Disco - no, I hadn't spotted that! Where'd you see it? It's a chance I'd be good with...Jenny is meant to be the high Comp/Luck type, but for a Final Girl her running abilities are a little low.

Bear - haven't seen that either yet but if so, I think you're totally right.

1 hour ago, DamonD7 said:

Disco - no, I hadn't spotted that! Where'd you see it? It's a chance I'd be good with...Jenny is meant to be the high Comp/Luck type, but for a Final Girl her running abilities are a little low.

It was seen on Wes' stream featuring the clothing pack.

jenny.thumb.jpg.99ffea08c524647f3c2f6d2282fd764a.jpg

Turtle and DamonD7 like this

11 minutes ago, disco romance said:

It was seen on Wes' stream featuring the clothing pack.

jenny.thumb.jpg.99ffea08c524647f3c2f6d2282fd764a.jpg

HA! I get it! they changed int to repair so it makes more sense for Palomino to have it! Good on them that's a clever solution to the problem.

6 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Wait so its not random on the whole.. its random PER MATCH?! That's kind of hilarious actually.

Random percentages will be interesting- I like it! It makes not running any perks at all something to actually consider. With my luck, I'll end up w/ 3% less fear and 95% reduced sprint speed <_<

1 minute ago, Turtle said:

Random percentages will be interesting- I like it! It makes not running any perks at all something to actually consider. With my luck, I'll end up w/ 3% less fear and 95% reduced sprint speed <_<

From the stills we have seen I think the negatives have REALLY low roll values. 1-5% maybe 1-10%

So it seems unlikely that you can totally cripple your character with RNG.

Turtle likes this

14 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

HA! I get it! they changed int to repair so it makes more sense for Palomino to have it! Good on them that's a clever solution to the problem.

Wait so its not random on the whole.. its random PER MATCH?! That's kind of hilarious actually.

Presumably. Still unsure how the system works myself so all I have to add to this conversation is this little line of tweets from Twitter on numbers, stat generation, and randomness. Enjoy. :)

DamonD7 likes this

That's neat if you can sell it back, if it's something you really don't want or can't fit in. Don't know if that means you get all the CP back or just some, but even some is a decent trade off an RNG.

Also that you can roll for a Perk and then decide who to assign it to, not just have it auto-assigend.

Ice Cold there would seem a good fit for someone like Chad.

8 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

That's neat if you can sell it back, if it's something you really don't want or can't fit in. Don't know if that means you get all the CP back or just some, but even some is a decent trade off an RNG.

Also that you can roll for a Perk and then decide who to assign it to, not just have it auto-assigend.

Yeah it could be a pretty fun system if it's well-thought out enough. I'm curious to know if these are like consumable perks used once and then lost or if it's a permanent thing. I would assume consumable to provide some sort of point sink, but who knows. Hopefully they'll put something more detailed up on it sometime soon.

5 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

It does seem to be that way, so there's an RNG element. I'm basing it off the Launch Date video, where it seemed to be ticking over when selected:

*Video with scene discussed*

Although I'm still unsure about whether you buy a Perk as a one-off for a match, or if you can buy them and keep them in your locker to use whenever you want.

Very interesting. Thanks for getting me up to speed. I'm going to speculate with no basis here but maybe you can keep purchased perks and it's just the percentages that change from game to game. That way you're not throwing CP into the fireplace and it's still randomized. That's how I hope it is at any rate.

Although there will come a day when you buy all the kills, clothing etc and CP is useless, so maybe having perks last x sessions before disappearing will keep CP relevant. 

4 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Keep in mind I'm speculating. Damon's video and still picture have me spitballing. I could be totally wrong. 

3 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I'll have you know Chad Kensington is the most stand up guy in Crystal lake. He's selfless, kind, smart, handsome, and a natural leader.

He also didn't pay me to say all that bullshit about him. Honest. 

No, really. He didn't leave me a briefcase full of cash. Quit asking. 

DamonD7 likes this

5 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Very interesting. Thanks for getting me up to speed. I'm going to speculate with no basis here but maybe you can keep purchased perks and it's just the percentages that change from game to game. That way you're not throwing CP into the fireplace and it's still randomized. That's how I hope it is at any rate.

Although there will come a day when you buy all the kills, clothing etc and CP is useless, so maybe having perks last x sessions before disappearing will keep CP relevant. 

Keep in mind I'm speculating. Damon's video and still picture have me spitballing. I could be totally wrong. 

I'll have you know Chad Kensington is the most stand up guy in Crystal lake. He's selfless, kind, smart, handsome, and a natural leader.

He also didn't pay me to say all that bullshit about him. Honest. 

No, really. He didn't leave me a briefcase full of cash. Quit asking. 

I think you're right- the perks being consumables would keep the Counselor Points relevant.

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I think you're right- the perks being consumables would keep the Counselor Points relevant.

I have an update on that. Just got a response on Twitter. They're permanent, not consumable.

12 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Looks like 'Intelligence' is now 'Repair'.

I remember a guy mentioned he was upset two particular counselors had low intelligence, as it just looked bad. I kind of agreed. Calling it 'Repair' makes way more sense altogether.

Intelligence always has been repair though.  Unless I'm missing something.

But Repair doesn't sound as good as Intelligence, plus Repair doesn't sound as good when put alongside things like "Composure" or "Strength" or other characteristics.

3 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Intelligence always has been repair though.  Unless I'm missing something.

But Repair doesn't sound as good as Intelligence, plus Repair doesn't sound as good when put alongside things like "Composure" or "Strength" or other characteristics.

I think that it all comes from certain character designs.  If the devs changed a few things when doing character development this wouldn't be an issue.  My partner brought up the intelligence and overall stat thing when I showed them the player stats and was like, "Oh...so you don't see anything wrong with this?"  My response was that it's just a game, but that didn't go over too well lol.  

I would've still been fine with Intelligence, but my best guess is that they had a bit of feedback and didn't want to give the impression that, say, Buggzy is an idiot.

He just doesn't care about shop class.

37 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

I would've still been fine with Intelligence, but my best guess is that they had a bit of feedback and didn't want to give the impression that, say, Buggzy is an idiot.

He just doesn't care about shop class.

Repair makes sense to me and avoids any of those issues of perception. People are so over-sensitive these days it's best to just avoid that shit altogether.

1 hour ago, ShankerOne said:

I have an update on that. Just got a response on Twitter. They're permanent, not consumable.

Awesome- thanks for the update. :) Looking forward to seeing how this all works.

16 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Looks like 'Intelligence' is now 'Repair'.

I remember a guy mentioned he was upset two particular counselors had low intelligence, as it just looked bad. I kind of agreed. Calling it 'Repair' makes way more sense altogether.

Fuck that guy. 

3 hours ago, ShankerOne said:

Thanks for the update, Shanker. 

tenlikesplus.png.f99db871205f229b2859c19df280d534.png

15 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Wouldn't that make it more so Adam should have an even higher stat on Repair then? If it's literaly 'Repair' now and not Intelligence, Adam's stat should actually be even higher in that since it would go fully with his trope and 'car mechanic' thing. Hell, I would think by that alone, Adam should have the highest stat of anyone in the game on that and the two nerds the second highest. 

Don't want them to change the stats because I like where they are now. Just think it sounds a bit odd for the car mechanic to have a lower 'Repair" stat than a book worm and a computer geek. I think it was better when it was Intelligence because Intelligence fit Deb and Eric more and Adam was shown to be reading books and stuff on twitter, so he's confirmed to not be a dumb bloke and there's plenty of those edgy hard ass guys who actually are quietly smart(See Jess on Gilmore Girls as one example). So it fit fine for him to be a bit smart and good at repairing, thus the intelilgence stat he had made sense. 

Not a big deal either way, just my two cents.

Santi_Lee and dandop1984 like this

2 hours ago, ikarikh said:

See Jess on Gilmore Girls as one example

No. 

At any rate maybe Adam is implied to fix cars, while Deb and Eric are more rounded. Granted it's a bit of a cop out because everybody from the goofball to the slut can make repairs.

I really hoped they changed intelligence to repair to be more clear rather than because some PC SJW started complaining about the intelligence levels of characters.