wes

Counselor Stats (Near Final)

325 posts in this topic

I am beyond dismayed that they invented these lame characters instead of using characters from the films. 

It reduced the awesomeness of the game by 50%.

EPIC FAIL. 

Ive seen it coming a long time because the beta vids i watch on YouTube always had that black girl that doesnt exist in the films, but i was hoping theyd realize the cataclysmic turn they made and fix it.

I guess not.

People who want this game love Friday. They want to be submerged in it. They want to play Alice or Ginny. Andy or Debbi. The Higgins Haven level should have Chris, Rick, Andy, Debbi, Shelly, Vera, Chilli, and Hippydude.

They truly destroyed an epic opportunity. All the actors are alive and could have come in for voice recording.

I realize itd be a lot to have different counselors for every level, so just pick 10 of peoplea favorites.

Alice, Ginny, Chris, Trish,  Tommy,  Violet,  Jimmy,  Andy,  Tina, and if you want to be PC Julian. 

BOOM! 

Now THAT is a game! Playing your favorite characters, giving them a chance at a different fate.

Instead we get these millennial losers.

eh I guess Ill be rocker chick or Chad.

I do fear the game being too focused on the surface,  of what dumb people buy rather than what truly made them great films.  People who believe the PR ruin everything.  But we'll see. 

i also dislike the whole stats thing.  Too video gamey, but i guess you have to do that. Do you? 

Well so it wont be the ideal dream game. 

But it could still be cool. 

Not as cool as beig transported into a film,  but better than nothing. 

9 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

I am beyond dismayed that they invented these lame characters instead of using characters from the films. 

EPIC FAIL. 

Ive seen it coming a long time because the beta vids i watch on YouTube always had that black girl that doesnt exist in the films, but i was hoping theyd realize the cataclysmic turn they made and fix it.

Hello, FNG. 

There are reasons why canon characters are not in play. Rights issues and whatnot. If that takes 50% of the awesomeness away does that mean you won't be playing, or do you plan to play and just piss and moan all the while?

Epic fail? Because these guys didn't do it exactly as you would have? I suppose it's a shame that these guys took the effort to actually do something and not just armchair quarterback. 

Also if anything the response to the beta is Gun hit on all cylinders. You're in the minority with your feels. 

12 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

I guess not.

People who want this game love Friday. They want to be submerged in it. They want to play Alice or Ginny. Andy or Debbi. The Higgins Haven level should have Chris, Rick, Andy, Debbi, Shelly, Vera, Chilli, and Hippydude.

We are being submerged in the mythos. Some of the serial numbers have been filed off off because many of these people fill the same tropes. Ginny, Alice, Chris are all the final girl. Which one would we have used if we had to pick? Or are you going to pull the magical unicorn answer and say all of them? It takes work to create sprites and having multiples of the same character is a waste of effort in a game this size. 

17 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

They truly destroyed an epic opportunity. All the actors are alive and could have come in for voice recording.

I realize itd be a lot to have different counselors for every level, so just pick 10 of peoplea favorites.

Alice, Ginny, Chris, Trish,  Tommy,  Violet,  Jimmy,  Andy,  Tina, and if you want to be PC Julian. 

BOOM! 

Now THAT is a game! Playing your favorite characters, giving them a chance at a different fate.

Heh. Again you're in a small minority. Almost all the fans I've run across has sung the praises of this game. 

As far as the 10 picks, who decides? What about those who feel alienated their picks were left out. Original characters solves that problem. 

Boom. 

We already have this game, giving them a chance at a different fate. We just don't need to be spoonfed.

19 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

Projecting much?

20 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

I'd suggest Chad. Seems he'll be a good fit for your temperament. 

20 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

I do fear the game being too focused on the surface,  of what dumb people buy rather than what truly made them great films.  People who believe the PR ruin everything.  But we'll see. 

Wha?

21 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

i also dislike the whole stats thing.  Too video gamey, but i guess you have to do that. Do you? 

Yeah, I was hoping for a statless game so nobody was good or bad at anything and Jason handed out participation trophies for showing up. Who needs skills?

22 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

You're always welcome to go back and play LJN's attempt. 

11 people like this

On 2017-05-05 at 6:10 PM, ikarikh said:

Stealth affects how much noise you make while composure goes by your fear. So long as Adam or Buggzy crouched around and avoided making noise, they'd be fine hanging around the other chars and their composure would make them less easy to scare and thus less easy for Jason to track with Sense. The only time they'd have a lot of trouble is if they were sprinting or outright running around, then they'd be making all kinds of noise.

Even when crouched, if your stealth is too low, you'll still make noise. So it's preferable for them not to be around.

Putting in characters from the films means the budget would have to be markedly bigger. They'd have to negotiate fees for each individual to use their likenesses. Thanks to securing extra funding they were able to stretch to include Mathews' Tommy Jarvis, otherwise he wouldn't have been in the game either.

And actually, for the time setting, the counselors are Gen X-ers.

42 minutes ago, fbrrrs said:

Even when crouched, if your stealth is too low, you'll still make noise. So it's preferable for them not to be around.

I think even decent stealthers like Jenny and Chad make small amounts of noise when crouched, as well. It's only like A.J., Tiffany and I think Deborah that make no sound.

So yeah, it's really something to bear in mind. Not just about playing to the strengths of your own character, but how it'll affect the others. Great dashing around as Vanessa, but not great when you go thundering through a cabin right where Tiffany is trying to quietly search.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, fbrrrs said:

That's pretty annoying then if you can't even move at all without making sound and giving away your location to Jason the entire match without anything you can really do about it. I would totally be ok with needing to control my walking/sprinting/running to only select times in order to get around as Adam, but if even crouching around still tells him where I am at all times? That's a pretty friggin' huge handicap. Almost guarantees you'll be one of the first few targets/victims in every match if you play as a char like Adam or Buggzy because he'll see you on the map easily everytime. And that also means other chars aren't gonna want me around them, which almost forces me to be a lone wolf. That's some serious handicapping there.

5 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

That's pretty annoying then if you can't even move at all without making sound and giving away your location to Jason the entire match without anything you can really do about it. I would totally be ok with needing to control my walking/sprinting/running to only select times in order to get around as Adam, but if even crouching around still tells him where I am at all times? That's a pretty friggin' huge handicap. Almost guarantees you'll be one of the first few targets/victims in every match if you play as a char like Adam or Buggzy because he'll see you on the map easily everytime. And that also means other chars aren't gonna want me around them, which almost forces me to be a lone wolf. That's some serious handicapping there.

No offense but when you pick a player based on their butt and not their stats, you get what you get and you don't get upset. ;)

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, JarMa13 said:

EPIC FAIL. 

I guess not.

BOOM! 

You should look around and find out how games work and how much money it costs before saying anything. Actors don't lend their talents for free.

4 people like this

4 hours ago, ikarikh said:

At least Adam has good composure, so he won't be lighting up cabins Red when Jason uses his sense.

give him a stealth perk, and crouch at times. I'm sure you can still play it stealth. At least I sure hope so cause Adam is gonna my go to councilor, after AJ

2 people like this

12 hours ago, JarMa13 said:

EPIC FAIL. 

I guess not.

BOOM! 

I am simply fascinated by the sheer amount of utter nonsense in one post.

My favorite is complaining that something in a video game is too video gamey...simply marvelous. Carry on!

6 people like this

15 hours ago, JarMa13 said:

because the beta vids i watch on YouTube always had that black girl that doesnt exist in the films, but i was hoping theyd realize the cataclysmic turn they made and fix it.

Wow.

Clearly you've never watched the films.

Like ever.

Plus I think the majority of the post is borderline troll bait which some of us have responded to sadly. Including me.

Fox, Sissy and Kate spring to mind immediately.

2 people like this

On 5/6/2017 at 9:38 PM, bewareofbears said:

No offense but when you pick a player based on their butt and not their stats, you get what you get and you don't get upset. ;)

No offense, but Adam's butt isn't even anything to write home about from what I've seen (Hopefully I'm wrong in the final product). That was merely a joke and nothing more and I thought that was made painfully clear. I like Adam because he's an edgy punk who likes to stand up for people and do the right thing. Basically an outwardly rough and tough acting guy who's actually a really morally good and caring person inside. Aka a lot like me :P The fact he's attractive is obviously a plus. 

Regardless, I find it a tad hypocritical to criticize my criticism considering cynicism and criticism is pretty much your Modus Operandi. But then again, it's probably par for course huh? :P

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

No offense, but Adam's butt isn't even anything to write home about from what I've seen (Hopefully I'm wrong in the final product). That was merely a joke and nothing more and I thought that was made painfully clear. I like Adam because he's an edgy punk who likes to stand up for people and do the right thing. Basically an outwardly rough and tough acting guy who's actually a really morally good and caring person inside. Aka a lot like me :P The fact he's attractive is obviously a plus. 

Regardless, I find it a tad hypocritical to criticize my criticism considering cynicism and criticism is pretty much your Modus Operandi. But then again, it's probably par for course huh? :P

How would it would hypocritical for me to be critical if that's what you know me for? That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't it just be the usual then and not hypocritical? Anyway, it was a joke but hey- butt + hurt...

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

How would it would hypocritical for me to be critical if that's what you know me for? That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't it just be the usual then and not hypocritical? Anyway, it was a joke but hey- butt + hurt...

Being someone who criticizes the game and devs on a regular basis but then criticizes someone else for doing it would equate to a level of hypocrisy. But, then I did also follow that statement up with "But then again, it's probably par for course huh? :P" to acknowledge that it was pretty much expected for a critical cynic to be critical. So both statements are true, and I covered both ;)

53 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Being someone who criticizes the game and devs on a regular basis but then criticizes someone else for doing it would equate to a level of hypocrisy. But, then I did also follow that statement up with "But then again, it's probably par for course huh? :P" to acknowledge that it was pretty much expected for a critical cynic to be critical. So both statements are true, and I covered both ;)

Sounds like I hurt your feelings. That wasn't my intention. Some jokes miss.

On 5/6/2017 at 2:41 PM, JarMa13 said:

...Instead, we get these millennial losers...

You're not entitled to a game that -doesn't- star Millennials.

Heck, based on your attitude, I'd say that if you programmed a horror game to mock Millennials, you'd have the default gameplay mechanism be, "Call Text helicopter parents, and then play video games until they show-up to save me from this dire predicament."

http://senatorjpo.com/f/Friday_13th_Choking_Animation_(Great_Bait_Mate_Extended_Final)_350X250.gif

17 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Sounds like I hurt your feelings. That wasn't my intention. Some jokes miss.

After how and where the butt topic went, I probably took your post a little more serious than necessary. *shrugs* No hard feelings on my end.

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

After how and where the butt topic went, I probably took your post a little more serious than necessary. *shrugs* No hard feelings on my end.

Guess you could say that thread got...

Butt ****ed? (rim shot) 

After a joke that bad I guess I can't Rear my head here again, it just wasn't all it was Cracked up to be. XD

2 people like this

4 hours ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Guess you could say that thread got...

Butt ****ed? (rim shot) 

After a joke that bad I guess I can't Rear my head here again, it just wasn't all it was Cracked up to be. XD

I must ass you to stop, one can only turn the other cheek so many times...can we just put this behind us. 

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

I must ass you to stop, one can only turn the other cheek so many times...can we just put this behind us. 

I swear I only make jokes like this once in a full moon, but I can see it wasn't very fanny so I'll just turn tail and run.

On 5/6/2017 at 3:41 PM, JarMa13 said:

I for one would rather make my own new story's in a Friday the 13th scenario then just rehashing the exact same setup as the movies (though a am happy to have Tommy). A new Friday the 13th mean new victims whether its a movie, comic, or game.

1 person likes this

Ronnie put up an image on Twitter, of rolling the stats on a perk.

C_pwNRcWsAALNlL.jpg

Pretty sure that's a new one we haven't seen before, or at least one that wasn't on the Beta. As ever, bear in mind the Positive and Negative traits are randomly rolled each time you select a perk.

1 person likes this

On 5/7/2017 at 8:37 PM, ikarikh said:

I've had many run ins with Bears.

Responding with more aggression never helps.

20 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

I've had many run ins with Bears.

Responding with more aggression never helps.

Instigating a problem by quoting something that bears and I already pretty much mutually resolved also doesn't help.

2 people like this

52 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Instigating a problem by quoting something that bears and I already pretty much mutually resolved also doesn't help.

Whose instigating? 

1 hour ago, ikarikh said:

vXeq1JW.gif