Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ResolutionBlaze

Harpoon Gun Possibility Now That Throwing Knives Are In

12 posts in this topic

I accidentally bumped up a thread over a year old, so I decided to make one myself.

Given we have a mechanic for range weaponry, it seems to me like Harpoon Guns aren't out of the question for later after launch.

This can be implementable by allowing Jason to switch his ranged/secondary weapon out between throwing knives, which allows him to carry up to six lets say, or a Harpoon Gun, which allows him to shoot with more accuracy and damage, but can only use four bolts.

Hell, we can even have Jason use a Bow and Arrow, which has three shots.  We can see him using on in the remake I believe it is.  If Jason is smart enough to kill people with various weapons he can figure out how to effectively use a bow and arrow.  Especially since he can throw knives effectively and even throw a hulking axe.

So does this give Jason more opportunities for ranged weapons?

Would be very good idea, and in case they do not allow to change the secondary weapon, give a specific to each Jason. Of course, I do not see any Jason using the bow except Jason from Remake, but they can not use it for licenses: / although I would not complain if they allow us to use the bow  :D  :D  :D

Edited out original comment now that I'm reasonably sure this won't be locked.

It's all a matter of motion capture and animating. It could be a thing, it'll just take money.

As has been said at most other reasonable ideas like this.  

Edited out original comment now that I'm reasonably sure this won't be locked.

It's all a matter of motion capture and animating. It could be a thing, it'll just take money.

As has been said at most other reasonable ideas like this.  

Understood, but this is the first step.  Having more ranged weapons (maybe specific to 3, 4 (when he gets in) and 8) is always a plus.

Have any Jason grab the harpoon gun with their left hand and to drop it they use Z on keyboard or whatever it was on controller. Otherwise grab is replaced with aiming the harpoon gun. Or they can have the harpoon gun be strapped to his back or tucked into his belt until it's needed just like the knives.

How about a harpoon grab kill instead of a carried ranged weapon. Say there's a harpoon resting against a pole or something at the dock, kind of like the marshmallow stick at the fire. Jason throws a counselor into the water, the counselor surfaces and Jason shoots them in the eye ala part 3. I like the idea of the harpoon just not so much the carrying it on the hip or back. 

SHODANFreeman and Risinggrave like this