Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ResolutionBlaze

ESRB Rating: Where Is The Sex?

15 posts in this topic

Here I thought there'd be opening sequences with sex.  But the top thing they get is suggestive themes.

Considering they have nude models... Idk.  Seems weird.  You think they're saving that for Singleplayer?

I mean, I don't care either way, I'm not one of those fans who thinks sex is a must, but certainly that's a big part of not only Slashers in general, but especially of Jason's story, considering that is a big motivation behind his killing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Singeplayer is where the sex is in.

And that brings up the question: if they patch sex into the game will they have to get the game rated again?

If the game gets a nudity or gore DLC, I don't think the core game would have to be re-rated.  But I also don't think PS4 or Xbox One would allow such DLC on their platforms.  Steam couldn't care less, though.

iirc Ronnie said at pax east that the esrb doesn't like it very much when you mix nudity and intense violence + gore, even more if you're aiming for a "mature" rating and not the "adult only" one I guess. Personally, I'm much more in favor that the devs add as much as they can in term of gore elements within the range or the mature rating, than having them to compromise on it just to had some sex or nudity.

There are "Suggestive themes".... if the intro opens with the couple getting dressed after the "act" and you do not see them doing the deed, I would say "suggestive themes" pretty much covers it.

Having an pointless sex scene and/or nudity does not really fit the game here.

iirc Ronnie said at pax east that the esrb doesn't like it very much when you mix nudity and intense violence + gore, even more if you're aiming for a "mature" rating and not the "adult only" one I guess. Personally, I'm much more in favor that the devs add as much as they can in term of gore elements within the range or the mature rating, than having them to compromise on it just to had some sex or nudity.

Yea they said the whole point of showing nudity is to portray vulnerableness in the characters and make it more personal when they start to get attacked because it's such an intimate moment and also in the horror genre it's a staple of who's going to die, you start undressing and having sex your probably gonna die, you go off alone your probably gonna die, you be an asshole to other characters, your probably gonna die and etc so for point of the gameplay there's no need for any nudity since people are fighting for their lives and for the opening cut scenes people need to be all together to see Jason and to make sure it makes sense that everyone knows Jason is around. So if they wanted to put nudity into an opening Charlene it'd either need to be super freaking long to show the nudity, then the group up with others, then Jason showing up and the match starting and that wouldn't really work since no one wants to sit through a super long scene before every match or the opening scene would have to be an orgy and I doubt they would allow an M rating for that.

I'ts not it, and it wouldnt' make sense if it was.

"oh my jason is here, let's FUCK" is not a thing i hope to ever hear. Ever.

same goes for freddy. Or pinhead. Or leatherface. or anyone else.

If the game gets a nudity or gore DLC, I don't think the core game would have to be re-rated. But I also don't think PS4 or Xbox One would allow such DLC on their platforms. Steam couldn't care less, though.

Not entirely true, it depends on the content being added. The Witcher 3 has nude scenes and sex and that is on both Xbox and PS. It would depend on what it is depicting on whether or not it was too much. Anything being added needs to be reviewed by the ESRB to avoid getting your rating revoked.

In regard to the topic makred78 beat me to the topic.

Not entirely true, it depends on the content being added. The Witcher 3 has nude scenes and sex and that is on both Xbox and PS. It would depend on what it is depicting on whether or not it was too much. Anything being added needs to be reviewed by the ESRB to avoid getting your rating revoked.

In regard to the topic makred78 beat me to the topic.

The DLC would be rated separately from the core game.  Total War SHOGUN 2, Total War Rome 2, and Total War WARHAMMER all did that to avoid getting an M rating, they got a T for the base game, while the blood/gore packs received M ratings.  Granted, the ones for TWR2 and TWW were exceptionally negatively received, but only because they charged so much extra for them.  If they added them as either a free DLC or an incredibly inexpensive ($0.49?) DLC, I doubt anyone would even care, and it'd still accomplish the goal of dodging the game-killing rating.  Like I said, it's not likely the console versions would allow such a DLC to be released, whereas Steam probably couldn't care less.  (I mean, they still sell Hatred, so...)

The DLC would be rated separately from the core game. Total War SHOGUN 2, Total War Rome 2, and Total War WARHAMMER all did that to avoid getting an M rating, they got a T for the base game, while the blood/gore packs received M ratings. Granted, the ones for TWR2 and TWW were exceptionally negatively received, but only because they charged so much extra for them. If they added them as either a free DLC or an incredibly inexpensive ($0.49?) DLC, I doubt anyone would even care, and it'd still accomplish the goal of dodging the game-killing rating. Like I said, it's not likely the console versions would allow such a DLC to be released, whereas Steam probably couldn't care less. (I mean, they still sell Hatred, so...)

Ah excuse me, I misread your post. It would receive a separate rating yes. I thought you meant DLC could skirt rating boards.