Laphin

[Weapon] J7 Weed Whacker & Gameplay Balance

40 posts in this topic

Don't sweat future DLC. I think we'll have a decent launch. Meaning we'll make a few bucks. My intention is to put as much back into F13 as possible. We have an awesome internal wishlist and my goal is to get as much of it in the game as possible. 

Thank You Wes for directly addressing my concerns !  

Idea: have the weed trimmer with a fuel meter and when that meter runs out, Jason gets rid of the weed trimmer.

Same for counselors with a Chainsaw, fuel meter and a one hit on Jason,then JAM! like what happened when Ginny hit Jason with it in Part 2. Would balance things out.

Ok, this has bothered me for a while now. It's BushWacker, not weed wacker. Bush-Wacker is a name brand anyway. The thing that killed the jerk psychiatrist is called a Brush Cutter made by BushWacker. It's made to cut though thick bushes and brush. Which makes me wounder if BushWacker actually paid money for product placement. Here is a example:

http://www.searsoutlet.com/Gas-Brush-Cutter-BushWacker%E2%84%A2-27cc*-2-Cycle-Straight-Shaft/d/product_details.jsp?pid=93369&mode=seeAll

Not a weed wacker, because those things would take a while to cut some one in half. I mean the plastic string things would keep breaking and the motor would over heat halfway though the body.

aurllcooljay likes this

Ok, this has bothered me for a while now. It's BushWacker, not weed wacker. Bush-Wacker is a name brand anyway. The thing that killed the jerk psychiatrist is called a Brush Cutter made by BushWacker. It's made to cut though thick bushes and brush. Which makes me wounder if BushWacker actually paid money for product placement. 

Possibly if you are referring to a specific brand. Other brands made similar items tho. I remember growing up my grandfather had one. It had two handles in a U from the frame and could exchange out string, for a three prong blade, rotary blade, plastic blade, etc ad nauseum. It could do damn near everything besides cut a tree down.

And that was def before '88. I think I was about 6, so it would have been about '86. I couldn't tell you the brand, but my grandparents ALWAYS shied away from expensive name brand stuff. So I'm thinking probably not the only one around.

Regardless of all that, I think it really comes down to a term that has become ubiquitous i.e. weed-wacker. We call all of them that regardless of brand. Same way making a copy can be referred to as Xeroxing something. It's technically the name of the company, but has so pervaded culture, it's called that. Same with Post-It's.

The downside with that is it makes it hard for the company to sue for copyright infringement. You've been so successful that society calls it by your name and can use it without paying you royalties.   

Ok, this has bothered me for a while now. It's BushWacker, not weed wacker. Bush-Wacker is a name brand anyway. The thing that killed the jerk psychiatrist is called a Brush Cutter made by BushWacker. It's made to cut though thick bushes and brush. Which makes me wounder if BushWacker actually paid money for product placement. Here is a example:

http://www.searsoutlet.com/Gas-Brush-Cutter-BushWacker%E2%84%A2-27cc*-2-Cycle-Straight-Shaft/d/product_details.jsp?pid=93369&mode=seeAll

Not a weed wacker, because those things would take a while to cut some one in half. I mean the plastic string things would keep breaking and the motor would over heat halfway though the body.

ok here it is https://youtu.be/ICZ6VgLEvo8

I thought a bushwacker was one of those crazy dudes from back when the wwe was still the wwf!

A weed wacker and weed eater are used interchangeably around these parts. The brush cutting blade attachment works great on small sapplings and jagger bushes(thorn bushes, briars, stickers) and gets tangled up on weeds. I have the blade for a homelite weed wacker...mine is in the shape of a triangle not the circular saw blade like in the movie tho. In real life, probably hurt like hell, but not kill you unless used excessively against neck/head.

I thought a bushwacker was one of those crazy dudes from back when the wwe was still the wwf!

That is indeed correct I've watched through all the rumbles and there was 2 bushwackers in the 90s
JBSLICK33 likes this

That is indeed correct I've watched through all the rumbles and there was 2 bushwackers in the 90s

I had their action figures when I was a kid, among others.

Perhaps if this game has a great launch and great reception. I could see the devs paying Kane to come back and do some mocap for a Bush/Weed Wacker weapon as a DLC.

All depends how well the game does.

Perhaps if this game has a great launch and great reception. I could see the devs paying Kane to come back and do some mocap for a Bush/Weed Wacker weapon as a DLC.

All depends how well the game does.

He could trim Randy's beard with it! Seriously tho, if all goes well there's lots of room for additional features.

And I thought a Bushwacker was a lame Punisher villain who has a gun for a arm. :P

If Jason (Part 7) were to be given a second weapon to buy with CP Points, I feel strongly that it should be the Weed Whacker.  Here's why.

The weed whacker, would be very terrifying to counselors (players) and would work similar to the movie scene it was shot with.

The weed whacker, if picked by the Jason player, would see them getting a score boost for kills made with it, BUT, it would be very difficult to make a kill with it, UNLESS the counselor you are chasing is wounded, or completely out of Stamina.  Why??  Fire the weed whacker up too early, and most EVERYONE will hear it, increasing chances of counselors avoiding Jason.  

Straight up chasing a counselor with it would be hard (not impossible), but slashing them once or twice (with it OFF, no noise)) to weaken them first and increase their fear on top of that is the preferred method.  Once they are wounded, Jason can then fire up the whacker, and make the kill for more points than a 'normal weapon'.

Jason would have to hold a button to crank the weed whacker up (it takes a moment).  In that moment, after cranking it, the noise can be heard by counselors within proximity, and by counselors in the distance.

Scenario:  How scary would it be to hear that sound getting closer behind you after you have completely tired out your counselor.  Or to hear Jason cutting through a cabin to get to you with it.  Jason Players could easily use the weed whacker to simply intimidate other players, get them to leave a cabin, run scatter.  People will hear that sound, and it's time to go.

I feel that the weed whacker is a great weapon to place inside the game.  The game mechanics for extra score using it would be balanced, and it would create a ton of fun and fear within the game.

If I saw Jason with a weedwhacker and that buzzing sound it made as he got closer and closer to me I would be HORRIFIED! I would love for it to appear in the game at some point in the future haha