dmack621

First Person/Persons To Kill Jason (PS4)

26 posts in this topic

So, I'd like to get together with some people here for some ideas as a community to maybe run a challenge among ourselves for the first person/team to actually kill Jason in game.

I invite anyone on PS4 to discuss here, and if you are on another system I encourage you to also start such a challenge for your platform.

The first thing we'd need to establish is some rules ... and I encourage voting for this, so please leave your feedback.

Rule Ideas:

1. In order to qualify as having killed Jason in game you must A) Be alive during the session where Jason is killed and B ) Have contributed in some way to his demise. (So if 4/7 players died and then the other 3 killed Jason, the 3 who were involved in killing him would get credit, the 4 who died would not.) This would work the same for whatever the number is of alive vs dead.

2. Dying and coming back as Tommy Jarvis CAN get credit for killing Jason if you are involved in it, but with some kind of penalty. (to be discussed among us)

3. The killing of Jason has to be verified 100% ... obviously to avoid fraudulent claims and photoshopped achievements to support it. So, it must be verified by Playstation and Gun media.

4. Using mods/cheats of any kind disqualifies you from this challenge.

That's all I could think of, s if anyone else has ideas/rule suggestions I didn't think of, please share.

Also, I think it would be a super bonus if we (on PS4) were the first to figure it out on ANY platform :)

The second someone kills Jason, a video of it will be uploaded on Twitch or Youtube and you'll easily be able to see who did it. PS4 auto records the last 15 minutes of your gameplay (unless you manually change those settings) always. All you have to do is choose 'save video' once you kill Jason and the last 15 minutes of gameplay will be saved as a video and you can upload it to youtube or twitch.

So you don't need to worry about verifying anything as the video will do all of that for you and it'll be very obvious if it's edited etc.

Either way, you'll have plenty of people doing this at launch. A bunch were already trying hard during Beta to kill him but they either didn't figure it out or it just wasn't possible to do during Beta (Devs never fully clarified whether it was indeed possible in beta or not to date).

It was not possible in the beta. There's a post somewhere in the forum where someone explained all the ways they attempted to do it.

As for the devs they said (and I have said this in another thread) right out the gate that they never intended for people to actually fight him. Break his hold on other players maybe, but not fight him. We are meant to run from him and escape the map. That's why he was made overpowered. To emulate the unstoppable force that is Jason Voorhees.

I intend to play it the way they meant for it to be played. But... I wish you good luck with your endeavors.????

I'm sure if you succeed in killing Jason they'll have a special way to reward you... They gave badges out for the order of deaths by Jason in the cabin.

To kill Jason we must organize ourselves. First, know what has been tried already and has not worked, and then have new ideas to do. We could write our ideas here, as a list, and then simply edit and cross out what did not work.

I'm sure if you succeed in killing Jason they'll have a special way to reward you... They gave badges out for the order of deaths by Jason in the cabin.

That was more or less a "Thanks for your support"

Alrighty gents, so I'm gonna chip in with what information I know.

Tested and unsuccessful methods of defeating Jason

• Shooting Jason with multiple shotguns, with and without his mask
  • Using consumable items (i.e.: firecrackers, flare gun) in his shack
  • Battering him with weapons until he dies
  • Attacking his mother's head in the shack
  • Any attempt to drown him
  • Running him over with cars (including two cars at once)
  • Trying to use gasoline in any way other than with the car

Things to bear in mind

• It's very likely that there was no way to defeat him in the beta, everyone tried everything they could think of and had no luck
  • Any of the post-beta changes (e.g.: using a flaregun to stun Jason) will be unlikely to have any effect on the overall win condition, therefore anything that counts towards it will have been before the post-beta changes
  • The developers stated that there's roughly a "1 in 70" average chance of fulfilling this win condition if the win condition fulfillment methods are known

Current potential clues

• There are various files within the game that suggest that Jason's mother's sweater has something to do with the win condition. Files entitled "SweaterActivate.uasset" and several other files baring similar names (can't remember them off the top of my head) suggest that the sweater is interactable in some way
  • The following audio was discovered in the "SweaterActivate.uasset" file:

"Jason, mother is talking to you. Put the weapon down and come to mummy, that's a good boy, that's my Jason."

There is also a thread on Reddit (found here) that goes into more detail on the things I've just posted. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I would suggest opening the .uasset files in the Unreal Editor and seeing what can be discovered from them :)

The idea of Jason's mother's sweater is something I've always had in mind, I even think I suggested it in some post in this forum.

My idea: one of the counselors should wear the sweater (a girl, obviously), lure Jason, cheat him and kill him, or just cheat him and distract him and another person will kill him.

I think he can be killed with his own machete, or drowned (I see more likely the first option). It could also be trying to hang him in the barn, but I think it unlikely that we have the option of using a rope.

Alright so after digging a little I think I may have a theory. Again this is simply speculation and I could be wrong entirely.

As we've heard before there are files in the game that relate to a "sweater" of sorts. This is likely Pamela's sweater. The game is so keen on keeping the sweater from the counselors that whenever one steps into Jason's shack Pamela alerts Jason.

There is one file name in particular that catches my attention, that is "SweaterStun" it is likely that pulling off the death of Jason requires a coordinated plan of sorts. 

I think that depending on the counselor's luck stat the stun will last longer. The counselors with the highest luck stats are Chad and Jenny; Notice both can make themselves look like Pamela quite easily (short blonde hair). Perhaps while they stun Jason the player/another player will be able to attack Jason in a very vulnerable state. This could lead to a series of string attacks or perhaps preparation to one big attack that leads to Jason's demise.

It might also be that having the player wearing the sweater attack Jason would put him in a daze on the floor where if Jason's health is low enough and the weapon the counselor has equipped is strong enough (Like an axe or machete) they could bludgeon Jason to death with it (Remember back when Tommy was a kid).

However, these are just ideas. Let me know what you think.  

It'd be cool to see if we could figure this out.

"The developers stated that there's roughly a "1 in 70" average chance of fulfilling this win condition if the win condition fulfillment methods are known"

Let me correct you here. It was 1 out of 75 games that it actually happened. And chances are it was a fluke. They were playing the raw build and still in early development.

I will say it again at the risk of sounding like a broken record. They never meant for it to happen.

1 in 70, 1 in 75, near enough the same thing.

What do you mean 'they never meant for it to happen'? You mean the devs never meant for there to be a way to defeat Jason, or something else? Devs have confirmed there is a legit way to defeat him - may not necessarily mean kill - but they refuse to tell anyone how to do it.

Opinions are like butt holes, because everyone has one. The idea that it was a fluke is mine. But during one of the PAX interviews it was stated that they intended for players to run from Jason. That is why he is OP. To ensure players have that feeling of dread when he comes around.

So, I'd like to get together with some people here for some ideas as a community to maybe run a challenge among ourselves for the first person/team to actually kill Jason in game.

I invite anyone on PS4 to discuss here, and if you are on another system I encourage you to also start such a challenge for your platform.

The first thing we'd need to establish is some rules ... and I encourage voting for this, so please leave your feedback.

Rule Ideas:

1. In order to qualify as having killed Jason in game you must A) Be alive during the session where Jason is killed and B ) Have contributed in some way to his demise. (So if 4/7 players died and then the other 3 killed Jason, the 3 who were involved in killing him would get credit, the 4 who died would not.) This would work the same for whatever the number is of alive vs dead.

2. Dying and coming back as Tommy Jarvis CAN get credit for killing Jason if you are involved in it, but with some kind of penalty. (to be discussed among us)

3. The killing of Jason has to be verified 100% ... obviously to avoid fraudulent claims and photoshopped achievements to support it. So, it must be verified by Playstation and Gun media.

4. Using mods/cheats of any kind disqualifies you from this challenge.

That's all I could think of, s if anyone else has ideas/rule suggestions I didn't think of, please share.

Also, I think it would be a super bonus if we (on PS4) were the first to figure it out on ANY platform :)

I think another condition is it has to be a legitimate kill on Jason not just the Jason player standing around getting hit and shot at until he dies. They players need to be really playing their parts as Jason and the counselors and get a real kill.
Kannon Blasphemy likes this

I think another condition is it has to be a legitimate kill on Jason not just the Jason player standing around getting hit and shot at until he dies. They players need to be really playing their parts as Jason and the counselors and get a real kill.

Can stand around and hit him and shoot him all day, he doesn't die from that :) People tested it in the beta, there's videos of it on YouTube of people getting weapons and just wailing on him for a while. He never stays down.

Can stand around and hit him and shoot him all day, he doesn't die from that :) People tested it in the beta, there's videos of it on YouTube of people getting weapons and just wailing on him for a while. He never stays down.

He couldn't be killed in the beta but it will be available in full release there's probably something special you have to do to make it possible to kill but weapons will probably still play into defeating him or else what's the point of having weapons at all? other than getting a small chance at stunning him, I've seen those videos too I'm just saying for this to count it has to be a real match going on with everyone trying to do what they are supposed to and Jason gets killed in a legitimate way with the Jason player trying not to get killed and trying to kill everyone else.

I found that weapons give you a false sense of security. Maybe you get a good hit off but it's not going to take him fully down.

He couldn't be killed in the beta but it will be available in full release there's probably something special you have to do to make it possible to kill but weapons will probably still play into defeating him or else what's the point of having weapons at all? other than getting a small chance at stunning him, I've seen those videos too I'm just saying for this to count it has to be a real match going on with everyone trying to do what they are supposed to and Jason gets killed in a legitimate way with the Jason player trying not to get killed and trying to kill everyone else.

That may be the case, but I personally don't think that simple blunt force is going to work; it's too easy of a condition to fulfil. The developers stated once that Jason can be 'defeated with an epic win condition'. Note the choice of words; 'defeated' and not 'killed'. Jason can't be killed, not even in the game, but there is a way to defeat him.

If you read back a couple of posts to one of my other ones, you'll notice that there are certain files in the game that suggest that a sweater has something to do with it. Most speculate that it's Pamela's sweater (which makes sense seeing as it's in Jason's shack), but there's nothing definitive there that says "Pamela's sweater". 

At this point, all we can do is speculate :(

I have some theories as well regarding the sweater and whatnot, and I do feel only certain characters can even pull it off. 

They did state in the beta that it was indeed possible to kill Jason, but nobody figured it out.

Someone in my group asked if Jason was killable and the reply was yes. We were asked if we'd managed to knock off Jason's mask yet and told that this was the 'first' step.

So there is definitely a sequence of things that need to happen to successfully kill Jason in game. On top of that, even if it is all figured out it has a slim chance of actually working.

I do agree with what has been mentioned on here about the fact that we are intended to run away from Jason and not fight him. However, this is more about the idea of figuring out how you do kill Jason in game rather than to present it as a recurring win condition.

I'd just like to figure it out for the challenge of doing so. I do not expect that this is something that we'd be doing on a regular basis even if we did figure it out. Honestly, if we manage to kill him one time ... that would be enough for me just to have figured out how it's done. But overall, I expect to be using escape/survival as my main source of winning as a counselor.

"The developers stated that there's roughly a "1 in 70" average chance of fulfilling this win condition if the win condition fulfillment methods are known"

Let me correct you here. It was 1 out of 75 games that it actually happened. And chances are it was a fluke. They were playing the raw build and still in early development.

I will say it again at the risk of sounding like a broken record. They never meant for it to happen.

They have flat out stated it is possible to defeat him but they wouldn't say how. It's not a fluke, it's an actual game mechanic and the game itself supports this with Pamela voicing special lines urging Jason to come back to protect her if a counselor makes it to her head as well as game files stating 'sweater.activate' with the only sweater in the game that would mean anything being Pamela's next to her head.

On 4/16/2017 at 10:26 PM, ikarikh said:

They have flat out stated it is possible to defeat him but they wouldn't say how. It's not a fluke, it's an actual game mechanic and the game itself supports this with Pamela voicing special lines urging Jason to come back to protect her if a counselor makes it to her head as well as game files stating 'sweater.activate' with the only sweater in the game that would mean anything being Pamela's next to her head.

I know that there has to be more to it.  A lot more or else there would be a mad rush to the stupid sweater and head.  Plus if it's triggered on a series of game events I would think that people would stop trying to fix the cars and escape and just do whatever it is to kill Jason once the way has been discovered.  

7 hours ago, iFruit 9iX said:

I've got money saying that the first people to kill Jason will probably be on PC, using some kind of instakill mod. 

PC and XBox get the game at midnight with PS4 waiting for the store to update in the morning so I'd say your bet is almost assured.

18 hours ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Find the sweater.

Throw it on.

Confront Jason.

???

Profit(?)

You know how many times I was in that shack in beta? How much crap we tried to do inthere? Nothing worked.