Liva

Counselor Clothing Pack

631 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2017 at 3:27 AM, The Preppy Guy said:

This topic has just devolved into people saying the same thing over and over again, one person feels they were misled, another does not, the first person goes on a mini rant on why they're upset, person #2 goes on a mini rant on why they are not upset, wash, rinse, repeat, and you've got this topic... And pretty much everyone who has replied to this topic has done this as well, I just wish we could actually discuss the contents of the pack instead of debating wether or not the devs misled us in order to make more money.

Okay so it've been some time since I was on the forums, so I'm sorry for quoting posts that are a bit further back. 

I think the reason people state why they're upset etc. is because the devs etc. doesn't really seem to care or tries to justify what they did, without apologizing for their very shady behavior done towards the people purchasing the clothing DLC:

On 5/13/2017 at 8:47 PM, JPops said:

Hmm.. A lot of accusations being made here. It was $9. I could maybe sympathize with your views if it was a DLC pack for cosmetics at $29.99 or something like that. You can buy lunch for more than $9 and that's a consumable. 

- So if you ever pay anything under 9 bucks they couldn't care less, because it's only 9 bucks. If I went up and bought a menu stating some fries, and for 9 dollars extra I could get a burger, which I then buy and when the order comes I was handed fries with two buns, I would feel ripped off too, especially if I went up and said that hey, wtf. why did I only get two buns, and all they said is that 9 dollars is nothing, so they can't sympathize with me. Really? And for 6 dollars I could get a cola and onion rings or some sizzle (strong use of metaphors) 

On 5/14/2017 at 2:08 AM, JPops said:

Well you are free to feel the way you feel. That is neither right or wrong but generally with a crowd sourcing game, that is pretty widely understood that the purpose is funding for the game and in return you will receive X,Y and Z. You have to look at this in a realistic viewpoint. Yes the savini Jason was completely new. However that is one item that needs to be modeled once. There are 3 DLC clothing options per character that makes a total of 30 unique items being modeled and attached to the character and requires a whole different set of factors to be considered. That's quite a task at $9 in total. I get that it was not explicitly clear and that causes some to feel deceived and you are obviously disappointed. No one is going to tell you that you are wrong for feeling the way you do. My post was mainly to add some perspective on the issue.

Let's look at it in a realistic view:

Savini Jason got:

- Entirely new model

- New texture

- Special particle effects (Fire/eyes)

- Unique Soundtrack/music

- New Weapon which was also modeled and textured.

- New animation

Let's look at what the clothing DLC got:

- 90 new textures. 

To give a good indication, there are 300 textures wearable in the base game. which means that the DLC will be + 30% to that number. 

Now I would've been fine with this had they stated that that the clothing dlc would be new textures, not "Unique Clothing that fits each character's trope" I did expect to see a new model which was then textured, I know re-texturing models is not a big deal, and it's not very hard to do at all. Rigging something might take a bit of time sure, but texturing is basically just take the base texture and then colour it over, it's not the most advanced thing in the world. 

And for "not being able to find clothes for Vanessa's trope"

964422df0b522eb615ccbe9b65ab0e94.jpg leg warmers. 80s-fashion-trends-leg-warmers-strip.jpg Any with an oversized t-shirt (most things were oversized or really slim) Let's%20Get%20Physical_4.jpg

I really do doubt that could be used as an excuse. I feel more than let down, I feel like I was hinted at much more which was then not delivered, and then the devs and such can just back up and be like "Well it's your own fault because you put your faith in us, and it's only 9 dollars so your feelings/opinion doesn't matter" I still do like the game, but trust is easily lost, and how you handle a situation can dictate a lot, going out and apologizing can go a long way instead of all the "It's your own fault, and you were actually only donating, it was more of a badge of honor" is just a bad excuse. That's at least how I feel right now.

I'm not sure why these tropes have to have clothes that represent athleticism, or anything in particular for that matter. It's just clothes, and being athletic isn't defined by what you're wearing.

45 minutes ago, disco romance said:

I'm not sure why these tropes have to have clothes that represent athleticism, or anything in particular for that matter. It's just clothes, and being athletic isn't defined by what you're wearing.

True, it would be lovely to be able to match A.J's skirt with Deborah's shoes etc. Then they wouldn't need to "model" new outfits, they would just need to "fit" them to the other character's rigs. Also I could def' see Vanessa wearing what Tiffany is wearing without it destroying the "trope" they've put her in. Same with Adam and Brandon etc. or Eric wearing Kenny's shirt. 

TBH I really wanted to mix other counsellors clothing with other ones like For Tiffany her shorts and Vanessa's shirt and Tiffanys shoes would go great 

@Liva I am sorry you feel that way, The point I was trying to convey was not so much that it was only $9 the point was for the cost, I think personal expectations were a bit high for the price point. It's not a case of well it was only X amount of dollars so oh well. Your burger example was a little off the mark. Because alternate outfits were delivered however it did not meet your expectations. Deception was never the intent, yet that is how some feel and you are allowed to feel the way you do. However that does not make it true. I personally like the alternative outfits. I know people would not buy it because they did not know what they were getting and that's fine too. I wasn't sure what to expect either however I kept my expectations in line with the price point.

To give you an example on a larger scale if I said I would sell you a car for $20,000 a Nissan altima was delivered but you are upset it was not a Ferrari my point would remain the same. At that price point what were the expectations at that level? You know what I mean? I am sorry you feel slighted but that was my original point was about. 

Davidt likes this