Liva

Counselor Clothing Pack

626 posts in this topic

Not sure when this was recorded but figured I'd share it. Saw it on Reddit and someone tossed it up on YouTube. Seems to be Wes going through the clothing stuff (Backer Kit too apparently). Hadn't seen it pop up here so here it is.(Heading out a few and I could be wrong but here it is regardless. Laters)

Tyler659 and DamonD7 like this

Oh hey, cheers! I missed the stream.

So...10 x 3 outfit items (tops, bottoms, shoes) per counselor, with either 3 or 4 of those behind XP levels. Range seemed to be from about level 65 to the highest I saw being 103.

Then 3 x 3 Counselor Clothing pack outfit items as well.

Anyone good at math to work out the possible colour permutations here?

Some people are a bit peeved that they're just recolours of existing clothes. Personally, I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, just a little underwhelmed.

$9 isn't too much at all, and we still get clothes that other people don't get. Think about it - you can customise your character how you want, and anyone who didn't get the clothing pack can't look like you! That's worth $9 isn't it?

I dont want to go through 24 pages,so ill ask. The counselor clothing packs were a backer preorder only thingie, or will it be available at launch as dlc on consoles?

6 minutes ago, antonz said:

I dont want to go through 24 pages,so ill ask. The counselor clothing packs were a backer preorder only thingie, or will it be available at launch as dlc on consoles?

Backer exclusive

antonz likes this

49 minutes ago, antonz said:

Are they allergic to making extra cash? 

Hahaha xd I don't know I think those items were more to thank people for backing the game early and keeping them exclusive keeps the backer items special.

I'm 100% they'll make more clothing packs in the future though, in fact in his stream Wes was talking about an « overhaul » on the whole clothing system, which means potentially actual different clothes instead of recolors and retextures I think.

I can't wait to start checking ebay, amazon, & other places every now & then for people selling their clothing packs after seeing what it looks like. There was more negativity towards it than I expected judging by youtube comments. I personally love all the clothes! Hopefully I get lucky, fingers crossed !

DarkMattER likes this

10 hours ago, Babydoll said:

I can't wait to start checking ebay, amazon, & other places every now & then for people selling their clothing packs after seeing what it looks like. There was more negativity towards it than I expected judging by youtube comments. I personally love all the clothes! Hopefully I get lucky, fingers crossed !

These codes will be linked to the user that purchased them. Ben has already said that you will be in violation of the user agreement if you try and sell codes for any items. So in short you can hope for it later as DLC as I'm sure there will be future releases of clothing items. I for one wouldn't want to risk being banned for a $9.00 dollar item.

10 hours ago, Babydoll said:

3 minutes ago, TWarner said:

These codes will be linked to the user that purchased them. Ben has already said that you will be in violation of the user agreement if you try and sell codes for any items. So in short you can hope for it later as DLC as I'm sure there will be future releases of clothing items. I for one wouldn't want to risk being banned for a $9.00 dollar item.

Nope go ahead and have fun and buy them. Happy hunting. Just don't discuss buying them here or you'll be banned. Ben was kinda straight forward there which is a surprise.

I don't understand why everyone was so distraught when he said that. Just take your happy savini/clothing wanting ass over to EBay and purchase an overpriced skin. Simple. Easy. No red tape. Nothing is stopping you from doing that. HOWEVER you are being stopped from selling them here, which is understandable.

DarkMattER likes this

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Nope go ahead and have fun and buy them. Happy hunting. Just don't discuss buying them here or you'll be banned. Ben was kinda straight forward there which is a surprise.

I don't understand why everyone was so distraught when he said that. Just take your happy savini/clothing wanting ass over to EBay and purchase an overpriced skin. Simple. Easy. No red tape. Nothing is stopping you from doing that. HOWEVER you are being stopped from selling them here, which is understandable.

I wouldn't be so sure as they will be linked to the purchaser. And remember these were exclusive content that isn't available for purchase any more. As you were at your own risk I guess.

Just now, TWarner said:

I wouldn't be so sure as they will be linked to the purchaser. And remember these were exclusive content that isn't available for purchase any more. As you were at your own risk I guess.

If thats the scenario, then lets say I bought an extra savini Jason to give to a friend since they couldn't get it. I give them the code on launch day. Now im banned because that skin was tied to my account.

No i'm sorry that just doesn't make sense and they wouldn't go down that route. The purchases may be over, but they aren't over for the people who have extras. 

This isn't a "proceed at your own risk" thing its a "go ahead" thing. Just as long as you don't talk about it here. Basically selling skins is Voldemort here.

DarkMattER likes this

29 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

If thats the scenario, then lets say I bought an extra savini Jason to give to a friend since they couldn't get it. I give them the code on launch day. Now im banned because that skin was tied to my account.

No i'm sorry that just doesn't make sense and they wouldn't go down that route. The purchases may be over, but they aren't over for the people who have extras. 

This isn't a "proceed at your own risk" thing its a "go ahead" thing. Just as long as you don't talk about it here. Basically selling skins is Voldemort here.

That's fine I'm not going to debate or argue with you about it. I just remember Ben's Post. I could care less if people try to sell them.

3 minutes ago, TWarner said:

That's fine I'm not going to debate or argue with you about it. I just remember Ben's Post. I could care less if people try to sell them. That's on them if something happens.

Right. But the whole "if something happens" part is bogus (unless you post here). And that's what i'm trying to get across to other people reading. Not specifically you.

Misinformation is a bitch.

17 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Right. But the whole "if something happens" part is bogus (unless you post here). And that's what i'm trying to get across to other people reading. Not specifically you.

Misinformation is a bitch.

Oh I see..I'll edit my post to make you happy. Sorry for the issue.

9 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Oh I see..I'll edit my post to make you happy. Sorry for the issue.

Sorry i'm a needy MF. But you don't gotta apologize for anything. 

TWarner likes this

5 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Sorry i'm a needy MF. But you don't gotta apologize for anything. 

So basically we can buy/sell a clothing pack but just not talk about it or mention it here at all right? 

2 minutes ago, Babydoll said:

So basically we can buy/sell a clothing pack but just not talk about it or mention it here at all right? 

Basically. For instance:

(THIS IS AN EXAMPLE)

I have a clothing pack i would like to sell. It's currently going for $12 on EBay. You can find it on this link: -insert link here-

^that all up there is bannable.  But you can still go to ebay and buy it. It's a whole bunch of technical and legal stuff that's stupid and makes no sense. But hey, we gotta follow the rules.. sometimes.

U7H042z.gif

I don't see how the codes could be tied to an account since there's no 'accounts' to tie them to. I purchased a ps4 copy of the savini skin and the clothing pack but no psn id was required upon purchase so there's no way to link that to my psn id and thus force it to only be used there (I have zero intention of giving them away/selling regardless, just making a point). Not to mention ps4 doesn't make that possible to begin with. You can only do something like that externally like Final Fantasy XIV which runs it's accounts and registrations through it's own website and forces you to add and redeem stuff on there, not on psn. In that situation, they can bound items to an account.

But, no such system is in place here, so there's no way to enforce a lockdown of codes to a specific account.

The only thing they don't want is people openly advertising and spamming the forums and social media with it, they'll ban you from any of that if they see it. People putting it up on ebay and such might get flagged by them if they see it to try and shut down the sale, but other than that, there's not a whole lot they can do about it.

Cloudy likes this

About the clothes, though, wether the standard or DLC ones, the only counselors whose options are disappointing to me are Kenny. 

I mean he was already an unpopular counselor due to him being average at everything, but now he also has the most bland and boring clothing options out of everyone xd

His standard options are all plaid shirts without much color variation (2 of them are red : 1 being black and red and 1 mostly red ; 2 of them are yellow), and the DLC options have yet another yellow plaid shirt. The dark blue one is ok but the hawaiian one seems a little out there. And the shorts range from light blue to black, with the only color being a red DLC option.

I really hope his high level unlocks options are cool.

I especially love Deborah, A.J., Jenny and Chad's options though

I'm getting his Hawaiian shirt on, lightning-fast.

If I want to do the checkered shirt, I agree with Wes that the...fourth one, was it? With the lighter squares rather than black, make it look a lot less lumberjack-y.