Liva

Counselor Clothing Pack

626 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'm saying some of us. Not me in particular.

But i see you skipped right over the point i was making and went straight into questioning. Kudos.

It's a good thing I wasn't arguing a point and asking a simple question.  That would have been embarassing.

I think it's reasonable that people who bought this game can reasonably afford necessities or make terrible financial decisions.

1 minute ago, The Preppy Guy said:

If some people can't afford a 5 dollar lunch... What are they doing pre-ordering a 40 dollar game and a 9 dollar DLC?

See my response to ResolutionBlaze and you'll have my response to you as well.

@ResolutionBlaze I agree. But i'm sure there is someone here like it, it wouldn't surprise me.

I make sure my needs are taken care of. I'm expensive AF.

1 minute ago, JPops said:

The point being more about the fact it was $9. $9 is not a lot of money and I feel expectations where a little too high for what was actually asked in terms of money. I obviously was not saying its only money, everyone's financial situation is different and no one is implying that otherwise.

I think if the prices were reversed it wouldn't be such an issue.  I felt that $6 for Jason was a steal.  Like wow you got a lot for that.  Now yes it is only $9 but I think after what we saw for $6 a bit more was expected. 

I feel that the cost and the secrecy is what drove expectations high. I mean we got Savini for $6, i thought the clothing pack would have been more than what was given.

OK, that is fair, I can see how some would arrive to conclusions based upon what the savini Jason offered in terms of cost. I know the reveal was less than ideal for most but this was more of a support thing opposed to just selling straight DLC. It's more of an in-game badge of honor for being an early supporter. 

handzen and Gdain like this

6 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

See my response to ResolutionBlaze and you'll have my response to you as well.

@ResolutionBlaze I agree. But i'm sure there is someone here like it, it wouldn't surprise me.

I make sure my needs are taken care of. I'm expensive AF.

If there is, then it isn't anyone else's problem by their own that they waste their money.  It's not something that you can blame others about.

That being said, I don't agree with JPops in saying it's no big deal.  I think it's a bigger deal for those who might have wanted it but wanted to do the sensible thing and wait for  them to show the skins.  Like I was about to do.

6 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

If there is, then it isn't anyone else's problem by their own that they waste their money.  It's not something that you can blame others about.

That being said, I don't agree with JPops in saying it's no big deal.  I think it's a bigger deal for those who might have wanted it but wanted to do the sensible thing and wait for  them to show the skins.

I see your point.

Didn't they do a face reveal of Savini before backerkit ended to boost the sales?

Wonder if keeping hush hush about the clothing pack was intentional (well duh) because of backlash and/or no one would buy it.

BigJVOOREES likes this

Personally I liked a lot of the options and 9 bucks for 90 pieces of customization seems fair to me. I've seen games give you less for more.

The Preppy Guy likes this

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I see your point.

Didn't they do a face reveal of Savini before backerkit ended to boost the sales?

Wonder if keeping hush hush about the clothing pack was intentional (well duh) because of backlash and/or no one would buy it.

It was more of a shadowed figure with some glowing eyes in the dark. This lil thing.

Just now, ShankerOne said:

It was more of a shadowed figure with some glowing eyes in the dark. This lil thing.

I thought they showed some pictures of the Savini model at the latest PAX. Then shortly afterwards we got an alert about backerkit closing.

I thought they showed some pictures of the Savini model at the latest PAX. Then shortly afterwards we got an alert about backerkit closing.

You may be right on that one. They may have don't more right before it ended at that. Can't remember when it ended vs the PAX panel and I'm too tired/lazy to look it up atm. lol

1 minute ago, ShankerOne said:

You may be right on that one. They may have don't more right before it ended at that. Can't remember when it ended vs the PAX panel and I'm too tired/lazy to look it up atm. lol

Agreed.

All in all i'm somewhat happy with the clothing pack. we do get a total of 90 more clothing options. Which seems kind of reasonable for the price.

I think the main issue everyone has is the expectations. Savini for $6 with an exclusive weapon, animations, fiery shit, exclusive music, it was awesome! I'm incredibly happy with that purchase.

But for $3 dollars more we get the Clothing retexture pack. Which when i put it like that it seems more appropriate. I'm not a fan of the quality of these items. Some are just the basic shirt with stripes which seems very lazy. But the quantity is impressive. I mean sure 30 of those are shoes and no one will probably ever see them but its still a decent amount.

Gun should have disclosed what we were getting way sooner so our expectations wouldn't be so high. I like the pack, and i don't regret my purchase. But it definitely could have been handled better. 

TLDR: Both sides are right.

Czorny and ShankerOne like this

It's a $9 clothing pack. 

I had to buy the missus a kebab on the way home last night for almost the same price, that's money I will never get back. My return was an angry missus in the morning moaning about how bad the kebab was...but I'm over it! :) I'm not made of money either! It's not the greatest clothing pack in the world - but I do think it's not worth being annoyed about it. The money went towards the game, so I'm still happy about my purchase. 

The good far outweighs the "bad". Chill guys. ;) Your return (which I appreciate is in the Eye of the Beholder) will be returned when you're having fun at release! 

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Agreed.

All in all i'm somewhat happy with the clothing pack. we do get a total of 90 more clothing options. Which seems kind of reasonable for the price.

I think the main issue everyone has is the expectations. Savini for $6 with an exclusive weapon, animations, fiery shit, exclusive music, it was awesome! I'm incredibly happy with that purchase.

But for $3 dollars more we get the Clothing retexture pack. Which when i put it like that it seems more appropriate. I'm not a fan of the quality of these items. Some are just the basic shirt with stripes which seems very lazy. But the quantity is impressive. I mean sure 30 of those are shoes and no one will probably ever see them but its still a decent amount.

Gun should have disclosed what we were getting way sooner so our expectations wouldn't be so high. I like the pack, and i don't regret my purchase. But it definitely could have been handled better. 

TLDR: Both sides are right.

Well that is a risk with buying blind. But it helped get the game made and improved, so at least we have that. :) I didn't buy the clothing pack, but yeah, they should show it's contents for those that did.

Sometimes ya can't win. If you were annoyed by the release date, "I've waited 30 years for this game, what is one more month?" If ya don't like the price of the clothing pack, "If you can't afford $9, what are you doing buying a $40 game?" 

This must be part of the new and improved inclusivity program. (sarcasm)

On the badge of honor stuff...if Gun's plan goes through and the streamers rack in sales on top of the built-in fan base and people who will buy it day of without streamers...how many of those few million are gonna look at you and say/think with the customizable options available..."Wow! They must have been supporting this for a long time! That pink sweater is so cool! I must verbally acknowledge to them how cool their 80's fashion sense is!" 

thatdudescott and DarkMattER like this

20 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Sometimes ya can't win. If you were annoyed by the release date, "I've waited 30 years for this game, what is one more month?" If ya don't like the price of the clothing pack, "If you can't afford $9, what are you doing buying a $40 game?" 

This must be part of the new and improved inclusivity program. (sarcasm)

On the badge of honor stuff...if Gun's plan goes through and the streamers rack in sales on top of the built-in fan base and people who will buy it day of without streamers...how many of those few million are gonna look at you and say/think with the customizable options available..."Wow! They must have been supporting this for a long time! That pink sweater is so cool! I must verbally acknowledge to them how cool their 80's fashion sense is!" 

But the pink sweater is not DLC... :P

I agree with most the pack isn't what we were expecting only thing I really regret is not buying more and also more savini Jason's as I could of sold them to people who missed out. Clothes pack comes with quite a lot of stuff so i think I will be using both my steam and PS4 codes for it.

DarkMattER likes this

3 hours ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

I'd like to ask why you're spending money on a game when you can't afford 5 dollar meals...?

3 hours ago, The Preppy Guy said:

If some people can't afford a 5 dollar lunch... What are they doing pre-ordering a 40 dollar game and a 9 dollar DLC?

I think you guys are missing the point on a few levels. 

Back in my ramen days I'd skip eating to do something that raised morale now and then. Hit a movie or what have you. If you have nothing but the basics, life sucks. So people on fixed incomes will scrimp and save a little here and a little there, and when they feel cheated of that money, it's a bigger hit then somebody who's living with mom and pop or who has a nice big income. 

While I'm not angry about the clothing pack, I get it. I expected more considering the price. And while it's not a game changer to me, some people on this very forum seem to care more about how their favorite counselor looks then the gameplay itself.

45 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I think you guys are missing the point on a few levels. 

Back in my ramen days I'd skip eating to do something that raised morale now and then. Hit a movie or what have you. If you have nothing but the basics, life sucks. So people on fixed incomes will scrimp and save a little here and a little there, and when they feel cheated of that money, it's a bigger hit then somebody who's living with mom and pop or who has a nice big income. 

While I'm not angry about the clothing pack, I get it. I expected more considering the price. And while it's not a game changer to me, some people on this very forum seem to care more about how their favorite counselor looks then the gameplay itself.

Out of likes...

4 hours ago, JPops said:

OK, that is fair, I can see how some would arrive to conclusions based upon what the savini Jason offered in terms of cost. I know the reveal was less than ideal for most but this was more of a support thing opposed to just selling straight DLC. It's more of an in-game badge of honor for being an early supporter. 

That's not really fully accurate. Backerkit was laid out pretty clearly. They offered pre-order for the game for $40, they offered Savini for $6, Clothing Pack for $9, various art books, music etc. AND still had a completely seperate Blood Drive purchase where your money LITERALY went JUST to fund the game.

So they already had an option for you solely to help support the game. The fact they were using the funds collected from DLC purchases to help fund the game as well doesn't somehow make that DLC less a product and 'just a badge of honor' they can slap together and do whatever with.

Do you honestly think if Savini Jason was a reskin of J3 with some new texture Savini came up with, that people would be as happy with their purchase and wouldn't be bitching and moaning that they were promised some exclusive Jason and all they got was a reskin?

The point is, IF they had said "Please donate $9 to us to help support the game, and in return we'll give you an exclusive in-game clothing item as a thank you", your statement would make sense. But they sold it as an actual item for sale. 

I already made it very clear why I was personally upset and it had EVERYTHING to do solely with how they went about this whole process and not the fact they didn't give alt outfits. Because as I said, HAD they actually simply said "Please donate $9 to us to help fund the game and we'll give you some reskin colors as exclusive in game rewards", I'd have happily done it and supported them. HAD they said "$9 gets you 3 new colors/reskins as DLC" even, I'd have paid it to support them. There is no dishonesty in any of those statements and they're making their intentions clear as day. 

But the way they did it was anything but that and that's why I'm upset. I don't care about the $9. I care about the fact they weren't honest with the way they sold that item. Because please tell me why if 3 skin recolors is ALL that the DLC was, why did it take MONTHS for them to actually just reveal that and say it? Apparently they had some of the recolors in beta, so why not show at least one of them as a pic on backerkit when buying it to show people exactly what it is they're buying? Why label it in such a way to imply it's something else? Why act like that clothing pack is the ONLY way to get in-game clothing options and then AFTER your last minute rush hour sale, tell everyone that they can get some of them free in-game, and even later on reveal that the free items are the bulk of the clothing and the people who paid DLC only get 3 additional ones to that after acting like DLC was the only way to get ANYTHING? And why wait over 5 months to actually sit and confirm what it is people actually bought? And why make dumb excuses about 'tropes' limiting their ability to make actual alt costumes? (At least the Gore Tech excuse made sense. That trope one was just nonsense)

Does that not sound pretty fishy as to why those choices were made for the sale of 3 simple recolors? Why there was so much secrecy over something so trivial? Therein lies my issue with them. It was simply uncalled for and when you do fishy stuff, it makes me doubt your intentions.

If you want me to support you, just say so. Don't try to trick or manipulate me into giving you the $9 I would have given you if you had just been up front. Because that's when I feel cheated and upset.

Czorny, Turtle and RKSDooM like this

5 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Nope. you're wrong that was some shady shit. Would've been fine if the pack was "Counselor Clothing Reskin (Retexture, Patterns) Pack.

I disagree 😁

I think we all set our expectations a bit to high, for a $9 dlc 

The Preppy Guy likes this

7 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I disagree 😁

I think we all set our expectations a bit to high, for a $9 dlc 

For 6$, other people got the involvement of Tom Savini who created a whole new Jason for them, and they composed a chase music for him.

For 9$, we got recolors.

And our expectations could have been lowered many times by the devs but they didn't :/ Their description clearly said that we would get other outfits that would sti fit the tropes, then they let us throw ideas around for months about the possible kind of outfits we could be getting, and they never intervened! Surely they realized a while ago they wouldn't be able to make outfits, but they still let everyone's imagination run wild, in accordance with the description they had provided for the pack.

That said, I'm very happy with the options we got, they're cool, but I think they're a letdown and I don't think people's expectations were raised too high for no reason

lHeartBreakerl likes this

Well you are free to feel the way you feel. That is neither right or wrong but generally with a crowd sourcing game, that is pretty widely understood that the purpose is funding for the game and in return you will receive X,Y and Z. You have to look at this in a realistic viewpoint. Yes the savini Jason was completely new. However that is one item that needs to be modeled once. There are 3 DLC clothing options per character that makes a total of 30 unique items being modeled and attached to the character and requires a whole different set of factors to be considered. That's quite a task at $9 in total. I get that it was not explicitly clear and that causes some to feel deceived and you are obviously disappointed. No one is going to tell you that you are wrong for feeling the way you do. My post was mainly to add some perspective on the issue.

dandop1984 and Turtle like this