Liva

Counselor Clothing Pack

632 posts in this topic

On a positive note, despite these being reskins, we get a lot of clothing options.

Doing the math, we have 21 total.  Divide 21 options by $9 and we get $2.33 per outfit.

However, divide that by three, and you get $.77.  So that's $.77 per clothing item.  Semi-affordable.

36 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

On a positive note, despite these being reskins, we get a lot of clothing options.

Doing the math, we have 21 total.  Divide 21 options by $9 and we get $2.33 per outfit.

However, divide that by three, and you get $.77.  So that's $.77 per clothing item.  Semi-affordable.

All of which likely took a days time at most to actually make. So worth dragging out for months not telling anyone what they were buying for sure.

38 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

All of which likely took a days time at most to actually make. So worth dragging out for months not telling anyone what they were buying for sure.

First of all, you don't know that so you can't fairly make that claim.

Secondly, yes, I think it was crappy of them to not at least show the customization before ending the BackerKit but if you're dissatisfied with the product I'm sure they'll give you a refund.  Whether or not they revealed it before or after the BackerKit ended would be irrelevant to you bein able to refund due to dissatisfaction.  You bought it, and with little risk if you can refund it.

But you likely won't since it's exclusive.

The Preppy Guy likes this

1 hour ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

First of all, you don't know that so you can't fairly make that claim.

Secondly, yes, I think it was crappy of them to not at least show the customization before ending the BackerKit but if you're dissatisfied with the product I'm sure they'll give you a refund.  Whether or not they revealed it before or after the BackerKit ended would be irrelevant to you bein able to refund due to dissatisfaction.  You bought it, and with little risk if you can refund it.

But you likely won't since it's exclusive.

I never asked for a refund because I would have bought it anyway to support them had they just been upfront and honest about it. My dissapointment stems SOLELY from the deceit and shady bullshit they did in selling it. And that's what this is all about, not me being pissed that I didn't get an alt outfit. It's 100% about them completely betraying my trust and fucking me over after I supported them and thought they were decent people.

They never once mentioned that you could get free clothing in-game until AFTER sales on the clothing pack ended. So prior to that, the only way to get alt clothing was by buying that clothing pack. The description highly implied it was new actual outfits and they'd be fools to think the majority of people who bought it expected recolors. 

Then they did a whole THIS SALE IS ENDING! LAST CHANCE TO GET THIS EXCLUSIVE!!!!! DLC THAT WILL NEVER AGAIN BE AVAILABLE!!!! to boost sales. Still no reveal on what they're buying.

Sales over, THEN they reveal "Oh yeah we'll be giving some color swaps for free in game at launch!". 

They keep telling everyone "Stay Tuned!" for over 5 months, not telling anyone what they actually bought. There's conflicting info on twitter of one of them answering questions saying it's all new clothing outfits, another saying it's just colors and textures.

Then 2 weeks prior to launch they finally give the BIG REVEAL!! just to say "Hey, EVERYONE gets 7 free colors! And you dumb asses who paid $9 get an additional 3 colors. Enjoy!" followed by a bunch of excuses about how apparently since Vanessa is the 'athetlic girl' that means there's no other possible clothing other than a track suit to justify her as the 'athletic girl' and thus it made it 'difficult' to make new clothing with zero remorse.

And that's all on top of charging $9 for those color swaps while $6 got you a brand new Jason with a new model, new skin, new music, new animations, new kills, new weapon and new special effects on him.

That was the absolute shadiest bullshit I've ever seen for DLC. It's completely unacceptable. I defended them like crazy for months against everyone attacking them for delays and certification and no console beta and tons of other shit. I supported and trusted them that they were actually good people who cared about us and weren't like the typical money grubbing developers out there that do shady shit all the time.

So to get a knife in the back like that with that shady bullshit was a huge eye opener. So no, I don't want a refund. They can have their $9 they conned from me, the same $9 I would have happily have given them in the first place regardless. But I've lost all respect for them and will not be supporting them blindly again in the future. If there's some legit product they sell I actually want, I'll buy it. But any calls for help in support and funding or trying to sell an unmarked product on good faith for future crap or to take them at their word or trust them on anything will fall on deaf ears from me. I officially only give two shits about the game at this point and have no love or care for the developers themselves anymore.

I give my trust easy and freely to people I feel deserve it. But once you screw me over and make me regret ever trusting you, you'll never get it back.

But either way, I'm done being overdramatic about it. I've said my peace. Gonna drop it and let it go. Just done caring about it. Just wanna play the game, don't give a shit about anything else.

The wording of the item should have been changed to indicate colors and textures.

Additionally, they should have been revealed earlier or expectations should have been set earlier.

I mean in the long run its not a deal breaker, and you still get something unique to show off, its just odd how this was handled. Its not even a major issue, but because of the length of time surrounding the mystery it turned into one.

It would be nice that if they fix their gore tech to work with other clothing types, and new outfits become available, everyone that ordered the clothing pack gets a bonus outfit. 

1 hour ago, ikarikh said:

I never asked for a refund because I would have bought it anyway to support them had they just been upfront and honest about it. My dissapointment stems SOLELY from the deceit and shady bullshit they did in selling it. And that's what this is all about, not me being pissed that I didn't get an alt outfit. It's 100% about them completely betraying my trust and fucking me over after I supported them and thought they were decent people.

They never once mentioned that you could get free clothing in-game until AFTER sales on the clothing pack ended. So prior to that, the only way to get alt clothing was by buying that clothing pack. The description highly implied it was new actual outfits and they'd be fools to think the majority of people who bought it expected recolors. 

Then they did a whole THIS SALE IS ENDING! LAST CHANCE TO GET THIS EXCLUSIVE!!!!! DLC THAT WILL NEVER AGAIN BE AVAILABLE!!!! to boost sales. Still no reveal on what they're buying.

Sales over, THEN they reveal "Oh yeah we'll be giving some color swaps for free in game at launch!". 

They keep telling everyone "Stay Tuned!" for over 5 months, not telling anyone what they actually bought. There's conflicting info on twitter of one of them answering questions saying it's all new clothing outfits, another saying it's just colors and textures.

Then 2 weeks prior to launch they finally give the BIG REVEAL!! just to say "Hey, EVERYONE gets 7 free colors! And you dumb asses who paid $9 get an additional 3 colors. Enjoy!" followed by a bunch of excuses about how apparently since Vanessa is the 'athetlic girl' that means there's no other possible clothing other than a track suit to justify her as the 'athletic girl' and thus it made it 'difficult' to make new clothing with zero remorse.

And that's all on top of charging $9 for those color swaps while $6 got you a brand new Jason with a new model, new skin, new music, new animations, new kills, new weapon and new special effects on him.

That was the absolute shadiest bullshit I've ever seen for DLC. It's completely unacceptable. I defended them like crazy for months against everyone attacking them for delays and certification and no console beta and tons of other shit. I supported and trusted them that they were actually good people who cared about us and weren't like the typical money grubbing developers out there that do shady shit all the time.

So to get a knife in the back like that with that shady bullshit was a huge eye opener. So no, I don't want a refund. They can have their $9 they conned from me, the same $9 I would have happily have given them in the first place regardless. But I've lost all respect for them and will not be supporting them blindly again in the future. If there's some legit product they sell I actually want, I'll buy it. But any calls for help in support and funding or trying to sell an unmarked product on good faith for future crap or to take them at their word or trust them on anything will fall on deaf ears from me. I officially only give two shits about the game at this point and have no love or care for the developers themselves anymore.

I give my trust easy and freely to people I feel deserve it. But once you screw me over and make me regret ever trusting you, you'll never get it back.

But either way, I'm done being overdramatic about it. I've said my peace. Gonna drop it and let it go. Just done caring about it. Just wanna play the game, don't give a shit about anything else.

I think those who saw us criticizing them for delays thought we were only doing so for the sake of complaining. We realized something was up and we were calling them on it. Something didn't just feel wrong- it was wrong. This 'Clothing Pack' shadiness is an extension of what a lot of folks have been saying.

I'd say to Gun: Yes, you're the indies but you do actually have to get your shit together eventually. Reviewers and average gamers don't give a shit about how much "passion" you put into something- they want results, accountability and a strong product. Most of all, when you saying something (like "Early 2017", etc)- you need to keep your word and be accountable when you don't.

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

The wording of the item should have been changed to indicate colors and textures.

Additionally, they should have been revealed earlier or expectations should have been set earlier.

I mean in the long run its not a deal breaker, and you still get something unique to show off, its just odd how this was handled. Its not even a major issue, but because of the length of time surrounding the mystery it turned into one.

It would be nice that if they fix their gore tech to work with other clothing types, and new outfits become available, everyone that ordered the clothing pack gets a bonus outfit. 

I was hoping we'd see Jenny with a yellow rain jacket like Alice, etc. :(

3 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Dunno if anyone has linked this yet BUT.

Here is all the DLC clothing options. Kenny's Hawaiian shirt is sassy as fuck.

The zebra striped hot pants for Tiffany are pretty hysterical. And the Zubaz ones. She and Kenny are gonna be the power dressing couple.

The pink & white top/black jeans really look cool on Jenny. And I had to do a double-take that A.J. wasn't wearing a Cactus Jack t-shirt for a moment, there.

Just now, DamonD7 said:

The zebra striped hot pants for Tiffany are pretty hysterical. And the Zubaz ones. She and Kenny are gonna be the power dressing couple.

The pink & white top/black jeans really look cool on Jenny. And I had to do a double-take that A.J. wasn't wearing a Cactus Jack t-shirt for a moment, there.

The red and blue track suit for Vanessa makes her look like spider man XD

Could be some good darker clothing options that'll maybe provide a little camouflage.

Or it could be a lot more fun to go wander around the woods in the most eye-wateringly tasteless colour combos.

Gdain likes this

I'm happier with the clothing pack the more I look at it. We know that Deb has 2 polka dot and 1 plaid sweater that weren't unlocked on Wes' stream- each counselor has at least 3 more shirt/bottom/shoes sets- that'll be plenty to start off with, I think :). I'd like it if each counselor had a large # of recolors to pick from, though- atleast one red, one blue, one orange, y'know. Let me pick from the rainbow B). I want yellow pants for Jenny!

I could see the devs adding some more recolors in the first few updates. I don't think it would be too difficult and would encourage people to continue the grind.

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I think those who saw us criticizing them for delays thought we were only doing so for the sake of complaining. We realized something was up and we were calling them on it. Something didn't just feel wrong- it was wrong. This 'Clothing Pack' shadiness is an extension of what a lot of folks have been saying.

I'd say to Gun: Yes, you're the indies but you do actually have to get your shit together eventually. Reviewers and average gamers don't give a shit about how much "passion" you put into something- they want results, accountability and a strong product. Most of all, when you saying something (like "Early 2017", etc)- you need to keep your word and be accountable when you don't.

I was hoping we'd see Jenny with a yellow rain jacket like Alice, etc. :(

Think the yellow rain jacket is a great idea. Also the red one Bill wore. Should definitely implement them in future DLC...fits the look of the original film :)

bewareofbears likes this

Guys on wes's stream he showed all the outfits and even the DLC outfits and there just some recolours but the look really good tbh I love how they all look!

9 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Kenny's Hawaiian shirt is sassy as fuck.

Dunno that I'd use the word sassy. 

Though since my wife once informed me my Hawaiian shirt "got lost in a move" and I lack one in real life,  this will be one of my shirts of choice. 

12 hours ago, ikarikh said:

"Shadiest shit I've seen for DLC"

You probably haven't seen much DLC then.  What you call shady can easily be explained by incompetence, and given the good and bad track records, I don't think incompetence is far fetched.  Either way, I agree it was bullshit.

But certainly was not justification for a tangent because I wasn't arguing against their decision.  I agreed with you.

27 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

"Shadiest shit I've seen for DLC"

You probably haven't seen much DLC then.  What you call shady can easily be explained by incompetence, and given the good and bad track records, I don't think incompetence is far fetched.  Either way, I agree it was bullshit.

But certainly was not justification for a tangent because I wasn't arguing against their decision.  I agreed with you.

Gun fucked up here. They did. But it's not the shadiest shit I have seen.

Lets use our beloved company to hate on, Activision.

-Selling Modern Warfare: Remastered (A game everyone wanted) But only sold it in a bundle with Infinite Warfare (A game no one wanted)

-Selling DLC (Map packs) for MW:R that were in the original. So if you bought the original game and map packs, you're buying the same map packs again that look prettier. And the MW:R DLC is MORE than it originally costed.

-Adding micro transactions in the form of supply drops in MW:R

-People are still gonna buy that shit. Still gonna play that shit. While Acitvison rolls in piles of money.

0FfwZpS.gif

What Gun did was shitty. But not Activision shitty. And i'm okay with that.

I think a lot of you are losing  track on what the clothing DLC was about, and that was to help fund the game.

why do we expect them to break their budget on clothes?

its obviously a push and pull kinda thing, if they pool their resources giving us new outfits than what effect could that of had on other areas of the game? Less money for the beta maybe, or less money for bug fixes ect.

I do agree they should of worded the clothing dlc differently, but to call them shady and deceitful is in my opinion taking it to far.

me personally am very happy with the DLC reskins, and I'm happy I bought it and supported the development of the game in some small way.

I don't know maybe I'm a chill guy that enjoys the simple life, and it doesn't take much to please me 🤔

Hmm.. A lot of accusations being made here. It was $9. I could maybe sympathize with your views if it was a DLC pack for cosmetics at $29.99 or something like that. You can buy lunch for more than $9 and that's a consumable. 

11 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I do agree they should of worded the clothing dlc differently, but to call them shady and deceitful is in my opinion taking it to far.

Nope. you're wrong that was some shady shit. Would've been fine if the pack was "Counselor Clothing Reskin (Retexture, Patterns) Pack.

9 minutes ago, JPops said:

Hmm.. A lot of accusations being made here. It was $9. I could maybe sympathize with your views if it was a DLC pack for cosmetics at $29.99 or something like that. You can buy lunch for more than $9 and that's a consumable. 

Some of us can't even afford a 5 dollar lunch. And you kinda need food to live.

As others would say. Apples and oranges. And even those are consumable.

Czorny likes this

7 minutes ago, JPops said:

I think it just stems from people believing it would be something more than just patterns and colors with all the hype and secrecy.  Don't get me wrong I'm glad I purchased it, love anything extra.  I honestly just thought it would be a different clothing type.  I like the patterns and colors, was just surprised it wasn't something else. 

Czorny likes this

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Nope. you're wrong that was some shady shit. Would've been fine if the pack was "Counselor Clothing Reskin (Retexture, Patterns) Pack.

I'd like to ask why you're spending money on a game when you can't afford 5 dollar meals...?

Just now, ResolutionBlaze said:

I'd like to ask why you're spending money on a game when you can't afford 5 dollar meals...?

I'm saying some of us. Not me in particular.

But i see you skipped right over the point i was making and went straight into questioning. Kudos.

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

The point being more about the fact it was $9. $9 is not a lot of money and I feel expectations where a little too high for what was actually asked in terms of money. I obviously was not saying its only money, everyone's financial situation is different and no one is implying otherwise.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'm saying some of us. Not me in particular.

But i see you skipped right over the point i was making and went straight into questioning. Kudos.

If some people can't afford a 5 dollar lunch... What are they doing pre-ordering a 40 dollar game and a 9 dollar DLC?

Just now, JPops said:

The point being more about the fact it was $9. $9 is not a lot of money and I feel expectations where a little too high for what was actually asked in terms of money. I obviously was not saying its only money, everyone's financial situation is different and no one is implying that otherwise.

I feel that the cost and the secrecy is what drove expectations high. I mean we got Savini for $6, i thought the clothing pack would have been more than what was given.

Still would've bought it. But I would have liked it if the devs would have cleared things up a while ago though.