Liva

Counselor Clothing Pack

632 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been discussed or not but with all of this talk about the clothing pack and yes I ordered it how cool would it be to have clothing options for Jason.  Nothing too fancy but some other options like different colored jump suits for J7 Ect.  

2 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

They did describe it as outfits, then? I genuinely can't remember, when it comes to the Slasher Backer, anyway. Pretty certain the Kickstarter never went into any detail other than just "exclusive counselor clothing pack".

I think there was a description but I can't remember what it was.

but still the title  "exclusive counsellor clothing pack" to me says exclusive clothes for the counsellors.

if it was titled "exclusive recolours for existing counsellor clothing" I would not have bought it.

since they have stated on Twitter that if people all pick the same character their clothes will be different colours already, what would be the point of a paid dlc basically doing the same thing?

this on twitter leads me to believe it is not just recolours unless they're lying to this guy...

@Friday13thGame For the counselor clothing. Will you be able to chose what to wear like shirts, pants, etc. for that counselor

Yes, you will have customization like that!
1 person likes this

Just wanna preface this wall of text by clarifying that I am VERY GRATEFUL FOR THE GAME and that the developers have been easier to interact with than most I've seen :). I remember being worried when I ordered the clothing pack whether or not it was only palette swaps. I had seen people ask on Twitter whether or not we would receive 'new tops/bottoms' but figured that the devs might've interpreted that as 'new patterns.' Soooo I asked them in the clearest way I could think of in February..

0d7eae59644fb8e17f3a4125fa48a3d8.png

..and received that response. I never received more info :'(

Idk, I usually try to be chill and shizz but I'm kinda miffed about the Clothing Pack. An entirely new Jason model was $6- it came with a new weapon, kill animations (assuming the pitchfork kills weren't just recycled :KermitTea:), and music. The Clothing Pack was $9 and I'm only receiving retextures? I would've purchased it anyway had I known- however, the whole 'themed per character trope' and the assurance from Twitter that the tops and bottoms could be mixed and matched had me and a lot of other people thinking they would be actual different models. I figured "Oh. They're confirming they can be mixed and matched- ..well, of course you can mix and match different textures. If they have to clarify that the tops and bottoms from the clothing pack can be mixed, they must be entirely different models." I think a lot of other people had the same idea. I'm also kind of mad that I asked so clearly and still received a 'stay tuned.' Stay tuned? For what? I don't think knowing whether or not I can give Tiffany pants is such a big deal to warrant a 'stay tuned.' They clearly knew that we would only be getting retextures- why not have just said so then? Maybe it was so they could sell more. Idk. I have a feeling they INTENDED to give us different models and, when realizing they were low on time, decided retextures would be easier and that their vague description of the product on the preorder website allowed them to do so.

Again, still very excited for the game. Just kinda mad at the whole bureaucracy of 'Hmm. Is it too much of a spoiler to tell them if they are getting new models?' The only way I'm coming out of this feeling like I didn't get jipped is if we get like, 10 retextures per counselor or, if we receive new clothing models in the future, we also get a few exclusive retextures for those, too :)

Anyway, sorry to write up a wall! I'd just like a developer's response to this. Maybe we all just made a wrong assumption about what the pack included. Can we at least know whether or not alternative clothing models might be looked at in the future? I think there's a lot of room for variation in the tropes. We have a preppier/prissier looking Final Girl with Jenny.. maybe she could have something more innocent? Or with Tiffany, we could have something like Sandra had in part 2. I dunno. Just brainstorming.

Well by their response to this question, they're saying you can pick clothing from - shirts, pants etc

The dude isn't asking "can we recolour characters clothes" he asked specifically if we can chose what to wear - shirts, pants etc for the counsellors.

they reply "yes you will have customisation like that"

instead of "no you can only recolour existing clothes"

Now unless they lied to try and sell more (doubt they would)

I'm sure we will get clothing options over recolouring.

@Friday13thGameFor the counselor clothing. Will you be able to chose what to wear like shirts, pants, etc. for that counselor

I'm so glad clothing and stuff like that is never something I care to get...The info here all seems pretty unclear.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Ja1862 said:

Well by their response to this question, they're saying you can pick clothing from - shirts, pants etc

The dude isn't asking "can we recolour characters clothes" he asked specifically if we can chose what to wear - shirts, pants etc for the counsellors.

they reply "yes you will have customisation like that"

instead of "no you can only recolour existing clothes"

Now unless they lied to try and sell more (doubt they would)

I'm sure we will get clothing options over recolouring.

@Friday13thGameFor the counselor clothing. Will you be able to chose what to wear like shirts, pants, etc. for that counselor

Well this was not asking about the CCP, just about customization in general, and in the base game (without any DLC) recolors/retextures are confirmed. Saying you can mix and match clothing items is different then lying about the contents of a DLC. Besides, even if they ARE just recolors and retextures that doesn't mean we won't get entirely new options in the coming months after release.

1 hour ago, The Preppy Guy said:

Well this was not asking about the CCP, just about customization in general, and in the base game (without any DLC) recolors/retextures are confirmed. Saying you can mix and match clothing items is different then lying about the contents of a DLC. Besides, even if they ARE just recolors and retextures that doesn't mean we won't get entirely new options in the coming months after release.

True but mixing and matching clothing is still better then just recolouring existing clothes.

We are allowed to chose what they wear like pants, shirts etc

so atleast we will be able to give shorts to people who wear pants and vice Versa. Give jock dude a shirt etc.

I just don't want anymore beating around the bush like the whole 'Early 2017' thing. If it's just retextures (which we know it is), just tell us. If we might see more clothing models in the future, let us know :). If we can't be told for legal reasons, just a heads up is cool.

3 people like this

How I feel when there are legitimate concerns about something and people get nothing but "stay tuned!" or "play the game and find out."

BIZtkuq.png

3 people like this

54 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I just don't want anymore beating around the bush like the whole 'Early 2017' thing. If it's just retextures (which we know it is), just tell us. If we might see more clothing models in the future, let us know :). 

I will feel kinda ripped off if the councelors clothing pack is just recolouring and textures. I'm pretty sure mentioned all new clothing or outfits for your councelors in the description. 

Fingers crossed its actually is a good dlc like the Jason skin 

1 person likes this

Ok so obviously the devs have lives, and I want them to keep enjoying life and not work on the game 24/7 until they start hating their own game.

However, on April 21st, Wes said on the stream he wanted to get some pictures of the Clothing Pack stuff to show this week (22nd to 28th).

Then this monday, May 8th, he says he wants to get pictures of the DLC clothing pack out tomorrow (May 9nth).

Now I've been checking the forums and the F13th twitter and Wes' twitter, even though i don't have one, perodically, because I'm excited to see what we will get. And what do I see today, May 10th (sorry if this seems stalkerish, I never follow social media, but I've been hoping to know what's in the DLC pack for a while) : Wes tweeted that he had time between meetings and decided to play some PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

Now of course, the devs are humans, and OF COURSE they have the right to blow off steam and not work 24/7, but is it too much to ask for Wes to take 5 minutes and show us what he says he would be showing us since April 22nd? Or at least update us on why we haven't seen it yet?

9 people like this

Yeah it'd be nice to have our minds calmed. We just want to know what we bought. 

Those tweets answered nothing.

"Stay tuned" for info on that thing you bought that no one else can buy now that we've told you absolutely nothing about.

They might as well just start posting "Go fuck yourself." on Twitter. It would be equally helpful, possibly more enjoyable.

2 people like this

(This is gonna sound kind of douchey but...) How hard is it to tell us what's happening, they've been so open about development with us all but now they've been silent, I just want some fucking confirmation on what I spent 9 bucks on! Atleast tell us SOMETHING

So there's multiple tweets (some of which posted here already) which pretty much say that the clothing pack isn't just recolors. (Saying 'yes' to being able to give people pants, or shorts etc. would be impossible with simple recolors/textures for example). So them giving us just recolors is kinda messed up, especially when they won't come out and just show us what it is we bought.

I've kinda never experienced that before. Where they give a description of an item for sale with not even a single image of it, and the description is very highly implied to be one thing and they let you buy it, stop the ability to buy it. STILL don't tell you what you bought, people ask for months (this topic has been going on and off for like 4 months or more alone) and no response here, and any time you ask on twitter they give conflicting responses, one saying it's recolors, another saying it's not, and now like 2 weeks before release "Hey so yeah, just recolors" on discord, not even officially announced.

The release delay was slightly dissapointing but I was never actually mad or upset about it. Totally understood it and got over it really fast. But, this situation with the clothing pack is actually kinda pissing me off a bit. It's the first and only time in the entire development cycle of this game where I feel like they really did something kinda shady. And I hate to say that because I think they really are great devs doing an amazing job and with a HUGE workload on their back and I empathize with them a LOT and try to defend them often.

And I'm not even saying they were purposely being shady about the clothing pack and trying to intentionally fuck anyone over. But, I can't help but be very confused about this whole situation. Again, I get it if you had planned to do one thing and it didn't work out and you ended up doing another. But friggin' come out and say that, tell us that ages ago. 

Hell if they had said like "Hey so we had totally planned to make fully new clothing but didn't have the time. So we're doing recolors and textures for now which we had planned to include anyway which you'll get on launch. And we'll be making new clothing at a later date, and anyone who purchased the Clothing pack will get them for free when we release them, others can buy them then" or something, that'd be totally acceptable and understandable and I doubt too many people would make a huge fuss about it.

But implying your item is one thing with your item description, not actually showing or telling anyone what it is, giving conflicting information and answers left and right saying it's actual new clothing, then another person saying it's recolors, then another saying it's new clothing, being otherwise silent, and 2 weeks before release we STILL haven't actually got an official statement outside of the off-site discord one, or an official reveal of the clothing pack to show us 'exactly' what we bought and then having what we bought pretty much be something else entirely from what we thought we were buying with no real solution? It definitely is gonna leave a 'shady' taste in a lot of peoples mouths. 

And while I'll get over it and still enjoy the game and support them, I definitely will say this is the first time I truly am actually dissapointed and kinda upset with them. *sigh*

4 people like this

7 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

So there's multiple tweets (some of which posted here already) which pretty much say that the clothing pack isn't just recolors. (Saying 'yes' to being able to give people pants, or shorts etc. would be impossible with simple recolors/textures for example). So them giving us just recolors is kinda messed up, especially when they won't come out and just show us what it is we bought.

I've kinda never experienced that before. Where they give a description of an item for sale with not even a single image of it, and the description is very highly implied to be one thing and they let you buy it, stop the ability to buy it. STILL don't tell you what you bought, people ask for months (this topic has been going on and off for like 4 months or more alone) and no response here, and any time you ask on twitter they give conflicting responses, one saying it's recolors, another saying it's not, and now like 2 weeks before release "Hey so yeah, just recolors" on discord, not even officially announced.

The release delay was slightly dissapointing but I was never actually mad or upset about it. Totally understood it and got over it really fast. But, this situation with the clothing pack is actually kinda pissing me off a bit. It's the first and only time in the entire development cycle of this game where I feel like they really did something kinda shady. And I hate to say that because I think they really are great devs doing an amazing job and with a HUGE workload on their back and I empathize with them a LOT and try to defend them often.

And I'm not even saying they were purposely being shady about the clothing pack and trying to intentionally fuck anyone over. But, I can't help but be very confused about this whole situation. Again, I get it if you had planned to do one thing and it didn't work out and you ended up doing another. But friggin' come out and say that, tell us that ages ago. 

Hell if they had said like "Hey so we had totally planned to make fully new clothing but didn't have the time. So we're doing recolors and textures for now which we had planned to include anyway which you'll get on launch. And we'll be making new clothing at a later date, and anyone who purchased the Clothing pack will get them for free when we release them, others can buy them then" or something, that'd be totally acceptable and understandable and I doubt too many people would make a huge fuss about it.

But implying your item is one thing with your item description, not actually showing or telling anyone what it is, giving conflicting information and answers left and right saying it's actual new clothing, then another person saying it's recolors, then another saying it's new clothing, being otherwise silent, and 2 weeks before release we STILL haven't actually got an official statement outside of the off-site discord one, or an official reveal of the clothing pack to show us 'exactly' what we bought and then having what we bought pretty much be something else entirely from what we thought we were buying with no real solution? It definitely is gonna leave a 'shady' taste in a lot of peoples mouths. 

And while I'll get over it and still enjoy the game and support them, I definitely will say this is the first time I truly am actually dissapointed and kinda upset with them. *sigh*

Welcome to the club. :) It's not a very exclusive club but we have cookies.

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Welcome to the club. :) It's not a very exclusive club but we have cookies.

Chocolate chip,sugar,AND oatmeal raisin. 

55 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Agreed, even if the CCP's contents are shit, I'd be happy if they just SHOW US WHAT WE BOUGHT, and I'd forgive them because of all the great work they've done, it's not a big deal Gun, you're making a No-Man's-Sky type of thing out of it, do you really want to make the same mistake they did? Just show it to us so we can move on and appreciate all the great work you guys at Gun Media and IllPhonic have done. Please, for your own sake, show us the clothing pack...

Alright, let's try this:

Hey @wes, @GunMedia_Ben or @Randygbk

Can you explain to us what exactly we bought in the 'Counselor Clothing Pack'?

As in, are they just recolours/textures or are they different clothing options/outfits like was suggested when we bought them?

10 people like this

Hopefully we will get something soon

11 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Alright, let's try this:

Hey @wes, @GunMedia_Ben or @Randygbk

Can you explain to us what exactly we bought in the 'Counselor Clothing Pack'?

As in, are they just recolours/textures or are they different clothing options/outfits like was suggested when we bought them?

Noticed they took the time to scold us but not reply.

Heres to page 16!

I think some clarification on this issue would be helpful.

It's always been my understanding that colour palette swaps were implemented into the game post-beta, after we had an army of Vanessas running around?

If that's the case, what differentiates the clothing pack from the base game feature? Texture changes? More available colours?

3 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

I think some clarification on this issue would be helpful.

It's always been my understanding that colour palette swaps were implemented into the game post-beta, after we had an army of Vanessas running around?

If that's the case, what differentiates the clothing pack from the base game feature? Texture changes? More available colours?

This is what they posted on twitter.

So I assume the dlc clothing pack will be something different 

1 minute ago, Ja1862 said:

This is what they posted on twitter.

So I assume the dlc clothing pack will be something different 

Pretty sure it'll be subtle clothing changes. Like that cat shirt for AJ or Kims new sweater. I think there will be color variations with them too but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Because of course it hasn't.

Ok, I'll admit...even I'm starting to be like "wtf?" here.

So is this pack just simple color changes of the current outfits? Or will the counselors have new outfits altogether?

We still have no idea?

I didn't purchase the CCP because as I mentioned before, I rarely care for cosmetic changes in games...But at this point I can sympathize with those who did buy it.

I guess the upside is: $9 isn't a lot of money? I'd be cool just handing that over to the devs as support...But still, I get where you guys are coming from.