Liva

Counselor Clothing Pack

632 posts in this topic

That actually makes me just a tad upset because I panicked and bought it on the last day thinking it was gonna be some big looking difference from the other counselors regular outfits since it was a pre order only. Its not a big deal but still a little eh. :(

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I was little surprised mostly since the Kickstarter described it as..41a2cacaf5c0ca13f8691a51fa2969f6.png

but

552911f3f208de0f4a0c7008351ffc01.png

 

It could have been worded less vaguely, but tbh at this point I just want the game out :P. I promise, no more images from me!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Yeah I was little surprised mostly since the Kickstarter described it as..41a2cacaf5c0ca13f8691a51fa2969f6.png

but

552911f3f208de0f4a0c7008351ffc01.png

 

It could have been worded less vaguely, but tbh at this point I just want the game out :P. I promise, no more images from me!

How hard would it be for one of the devs to step out of Discord for maybe five minutes and answer some questions here. This is pretty fucking dumb. They're spread out between all of these platforms and no one knows anything because every platform gets a different piece of the message.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand how different clothing meshes(not just texture replacers) would require new mocap. Can someone explain?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I can't, but because I don't think it's mo-cap he means. More like animation rigs for outfits, especially if you chance from something tight to something flowing...or hell, vice versa, too. In the case of the gore tech, having something that was once covered now being exposed and vice versa. Where something may look just right for blood splatter across a shirt looks goofy as heck on a bare back. Like, floating above the surface of the back or that kinda stuff.

I want to see some different actual outfits in the future, it's not like it can't be done. Just not at the moment, it seems. Time crunch.

Already believed it was going to be colour variations. My "not giant foam cowboy hats or clown outfits or anything" comment from almost three weeks back was rather tongue in cheek but that was the gist of it. Much as I am not opposed to Giant Foam Cowboy Hats DLC.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Turtle said:

Unfortunately, I'm almost 100% sure they are just color/pattern swaps- Wes has been pretty clear about it on the Discord lately. Hopefully, since they are just color/pattern swatches, we'll at least get a bunch of them. At least we know that they want to include new outfits eventually.

You guys should get on the Discord. Wes is on there for a bit most nights and he usually answers even the lame questions lol :)

553aedec3faf9d57eb297790ee8b3375.png

 

72a436095adb47156f0f0d58be1deb12.png

If that's the case I feel lied to tbh. That would be incredibly lazy anyone could retexture clothing. They've  been telling us it was entirely new clothing smh. I also hate how coy he was in discord. Really he made sure to add the little "texture" part in his description as if that's a groundbreaking difference. Waste of 10 bucks on something that should've already been in the base game

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't fully remember, did they ever say it was entirely new clothing? Kickstarter didn't, don't know on the Backerkit. There were barely any details on it at all until recent weeks, IIRC.

I dunno about that last line. It is in the base game, on an exclusive basis.

Sorry you're not happy, I'm sure you won't be alone on this.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

If that's the case I feel lied to tbh. That would be incredibly lazy anyone could retexture clothing. They've  been telling us it was entirely new clothing smh. I also hate how coy he was in discord. Really he made sure to add the little "texture" part in his description as if that's a groundbreaking difference. Waste of 10 bucks on something that should've already been in the base game

Man, they got to get the fuck out of that Discord and get some real responses to some of this stuff. Recolours for $9 would be pure bullshit.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does this mean I can't put pants on Tiffany Cox?? :,(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Man, they got to get the fuck out of that Discord and get some real responses to some of this stuff. Recolours for $9 would be pure bullshit.

I would like your comment. But I ran out of likes for today. It is bullshit honestly this is getting me angrier than the release date fiasco. Completely disgusting recolors should be in the base game. 

 

3 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

So does this mean I can't put pants on Tiffany Cox?? :,(

I wanted Tiffany to have pants too ?. Hopefully after the game launches they get their head out their ass and listen to fans.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I wanted Tiffany to have pants too ?. Hopefully after the game launches they get their head out their ass and listen to fans.

But Tiffanys butt is gonna get cold before Jason kills her she's gonna freeze to death 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that that is confirmed, pretty sure that we have already seen some of the DLC clothing pack.

The cat vest that A.J. wears in the Savini skin reveal and the floral pattern sweatshirt the Deborah wears in the Steam screenshots seemed cooler than simple color swaps, and I got excited thinking we were gonna have tons of options in the base game + the DLC, but they were probably just the DLC..

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the grand scheme of things. It is a bit of a ripoff.

You expect alternate things like...

1. AJ to dress like JJ from Part 8, with a leather jacket, maybe leather pants and whatnot

2. Vanessa to dress like Sissy from Part 6, with a jersey and pajamas, complete with those silly slippers

3. Kenny to dress like Steve Cristy or Paul

4. Tiffany to dress to like Robin or Debbie or one of the other flirty types

5. Brandon to dress like Julius or Reggie

6. Adam is a tough one, maybe you just put him in a tank top or dress him like Rob with hiking gear on his back

7. You dress Jenny like Trish or Alice or Ginny or any heroin

8. You dress Deb in her other outfit from Part 7

9. You dress Eric like Wayne or maybe the scuba outfit

10. You dress Chad like Rick or someone else

etc etc etc

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I would like your comment. But I ran out of likes for today. It is bullshit honestly this is getting me angrier than the release date fiasco. Completely disgusting recolors should be in the base game. 

 

I wanted Tiffany to have pants too ?. Hopefully after the game launches they get their head out their ass and listen to fans.

They do listen to us and have done great at almost every turn. Im sure in time they will add different outfits it just won't be at launch. I wanted the outfits too but I have faith in these guys because they have given us enough reasons to have faith in them y'know? :3

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's a little disappointing that it's not new clothes, I'm still glad I got them. Just would like to know which ones they are specifically...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm disappointed that the DLC is just recolors.

that really should be included in the main game. The release date trailer sure makes it seem like it's included. Unless the paid DLC just gets you a few extra colors.

kinda lame.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the images that contain DLC clothes, in my opinion. As we saw in the Release date trailer, it seems the clothes options are colors swaps, but these pictures show clothe options that have patterns or motifs. It's just my best guess these might not be DLC at all.

Chad seems to have a pink vest with a light blue shirt that had some sort of crest or emblem on it in a pattern:

chad.jpg.6bf045250e6a919206ed9a69bcb1a672.jpg

Deborah has this floral/leafy pattern on her sweatshirt :

deb.thumb.jpg.fc33decbe42894a7702a8c9c3afefb67.jpg

And like everyone has seen, A.J. had a black vest with pink/purple cats on it, which I'm pretty sue is too special to not be DLC.

Do you guys also think these are the DLC clothing pack options? Speaking of which, aren't the devs supposed to show them today??

deb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

These are the images that contain DLC clothes, in my opinion. As we saw in the Release date trailer, it seems the clothes options are colors swaps, but these pictures show clothe options that have patterns or motifs. It's just my best guess these might not be DLC at all.

Chad seems to have a pink vest with a light blue shirt that had some sort of crest or emblem on it in a pattern:

chad.jpg.6bf045250e6a919206ed9a69bcb1a672.jpg

Deborah has this floral/leafy pattern on her sweatshirt :

deb.thumb.jpg.fc33decbe42894a7702a8c9c3afefb67.jpg

And like everyone has seen, A.J. had a black vest with pink/purple cats on it, which I'm pretty sue is too special to not be DLC.

Do you guys also think these are the DLC clothing pack options? Speaking of which, aren't the devs supposed to show them today??

deb.jpg

I haven't seen that picture of Deb before, but i'll be happy with my purchase if that shirt and/or the Chad shirt are part of the CCP because they're awesome. Also Wes said he'll get some screencaps if the UI doesn't glitch, so it may take until tomorrow for the reveal, but it's probably just that they're very busy preparing for release (Testing the servers, ect) So it'll probably be in a couple hours. That's all just my opinion though.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Preppy Guy said:

I haven't seen that picture of Deb before, but i'll be happy with my purchase if that shirt and/or the Chad shirt are part of the CCP because they're awesome. Also Wes said he'll get some screencaps if the UI doesn't glitch, so it may take until tomorrow for the reveal, but it's probably just that they're very busy preparing for release (Testing the servers, ect) So it'll probably be in a couple hours. That's all just my opinion though.

The Deborah imagine is from Steam, but I know not everyone is on PC. I'll post the other Steam screenshots here since they show a lot of clothing options so theyre relevant to the topic, in case you or other people are interested :

 

ss_3ee855d44283802cc3c9e1542f501b3626995f29.1920x1080.jpg?t=1493946168

ss_c4edf37b5b56ed89add71dab96dea54020b75391.1920x1080.jpg?t=1493946168

 

 

ss_a28151613eb9ce6f1f16482240e5e993b3b53145.1920x1080.jpg?t=1493946168

ss_53069020d636b477636ba617e46519370fd93b7c.1920x1080.jpg?t=1493946168

ss_a6c993ebb04e1dbaba9a4f789cc3b86ae1f44c67.1920x1080.jpg?t=1493946168

 

car.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they had come out early on and said the clothing pack was just recolors and textures because they ran out of time and didn't get to do the 'new clothing' they wanted, i'd still have bought it and would be totally understanding.

But, I read that backerkit description multiple times and it pretty much said it was new clothing for all counselors that you could mix and match etc. And we've been asking for MONTHS if it was actual new clothing or just recolors/textures and they have either not said anything or have made conflicting reports. (Like just a few pages back someone said Randy or Ben told them on twitter it was all new clothing, mind you he didn't source it and I haven't seen it personally so who knows if he really said that or not). But to not come out and clearly state what it was until now is just kinda shitty in my opinion.

I think they are wonderful devs, I really do. I don't think they're trying to pull anything over on anyone. But, I still think some of their choices on information they reveal is rather lacking. And not telling anyone what the clothing pack actually contained even when purchasing it all this time despite people asking repeatedly, and not confirming or denying whether it was recolors or new clothing only to finally 2 weeks before release to say "Oh yeah, it's recolors" is kinda messed up.

They said awhile back that the base game would contain some recolors free for those who didn't get the clothing pack. So we all assumed that the stuff shown so far of recolors and textures might have just been that with no actual confirmation. So again, now after all this time, "yeah, no time to do actual clothes so just recolors. Hope you like!" is kinda off putting and a bit aggravating.

 

Like I said, if they had said this and explained the why early on, i still would have bought it to support them and would have been understanding and cool with it. I understand budgets and time constraints with everything they're trying to do and with how hard they work. But, to dodge the question all this time to reveal it at the last minute? That's just messed up to be honest and I'm kinda a bit annoyed about it. 

13 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok this will sound extremely douchey so I apologize in advance, but how hard is it to take ten screenshots? Xd 

They said they would show the DLC clothing pack last week, then they said today, and theres 45 minutes left to the day so what's the hold up?

Unless theyre making a trailer for the DLC clothing pack but I doubt it

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Like I said, if they had said this and explained the why early on, i still would have bought it to support them and would have been understanding and cool with it. I understand budgets and time constraints with everything they're trying to do and with how hard they work. But, to dodge the question all this time to reveal it at the last minute? That's just messed up to be honest and I'm kinda a bit annoyed about it. 

Me too. I still love them, and I am just as pumped for the game. But the handling of this was over-the-top poor.

17 more days though. 17...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

Ok this will sound extremely douchey so I apologize in advance, but how hard is it to take ten screenshots? Xd 

They said they would show the DLC clothing pack last week, then they said today, and theres 45 minutes left to the day so what's the hold up?

Unless theyre making a trailer for the DLC clothing pack but I doubt it

It's not douchey, maybe we'll get one of those posts from Wes.

Leaving it this long is disappointing, don't really get it. Why hide an exclusive we bought which can't be bought anymore?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, ikarikh said:

If they had come out early on and said the clothing pack was just recolors and textures because they ran out of time and didn't get to do the 'new clothing' they wanted, i'd still have bought it and would be totally understanding.

But, I read that backerkit description multiple times and it pretty much said it was new clothing for all counselors that you could mix and match etc. And we've been asking for MONTHS if it was actual new clothing or just recolors/textures and they have either not said anything or have made conflicting reports. (Like just a few pages back someone said Randy or Ben told them on twitter it was all new clothing, mind you he didn't source it and I haven't seen it personally so who knows if he really said that or not). But to not come out and clearly state what it was until now is just kinda shitty in my opinion.

I think they are wonderful devs, I really do. I don't think they're trying to pull anything over on anyone. But, I still think some of their choices on information they reveal is rather lacking. And not telling anyone what the clothing pack actually contained even when purchasing it all this time despite people asking repeatedly, and not confirming or denying whether it was recolors or new clothing only to finally 2 weeks before release to say "Oh yeah, it's recolors" is kinda messed up.

They said awhile back that the base game would contain some recolors free for those who didn't get the clothing pack. So we all assumed that the stuff shown so far of recolors and textures might have just been that with no actual confirmation. So again, now after all this time, "yeah, no time to do actual clothes so just recolors. Hope you like!" is kinda off putting and a bit aggravating.

 

Like I said, if they had said this and explained the why early on, i still would have bought it to support them and would have been understanding and cool with it. I understand budgets and time constraints with everything they're trying to do and with how hard they work. But, to dodge the question all this time to reveal it at the last minute? That's just messed up to be honest and I'm kinda a bit annoyed about it. 

Growing pains for an Indie dev I suppose.  -_-

Not the first thing they were deliberately vague about and decided to wait until the last minute to drip out more vague information.

I wish they had some friends in the industry who could have clued them in on how to handle public relations and how time consuming certification is. 

But yeah,still have love for the devs,love the game,thanks for giving us the friday game we deserve,yadda yadda yada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with everything that has been said here. They have said on numerous occasions that the outfits will be entirely different from the base game, not just recolors. If I find out I spent $9 on texture and colors I am going to be writing a very irritated letter to them. Not that it will do any good, but at least I'll be able to vent my frustrations.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now