Liva

Counselor Clothing Pack

286 posts in this topic

:( finally got an answer. confirmed that there will be no alternate clothing models, just various reskins. hopefully, that's just for now :). keep it in mind for dlc Gun, dumb people like me will pay for it :)

df4c19104c0439a9ae51a18b06a354f8.png

More answers people bring back from Discord... what's the point of this forum?

:( finally got an answer. confirmed that there will be no alternate clothing models, just various reskins. hopefully, that's just for now :). keep it in mind for dlc Gun, dumb people like me will pay for it :)

Very disappointed. I was hoping that we would get some cool outfits.

Turtle, couldn't that just mean there are no "universal" outfits?

That could be true, I might have worded my question poorly! But I'm pretty sure we aren't getting new clothing models- not in this clothing pack, at least :D.. doesn't mean we can't get them eventually. Aw well :C

That could be true, I might have worded my question poorly! But I'm pretty we aren't getting new clothing models- not in this clothing pack, at least :D.. doesn't mean we can't get them eventually.

Hm.  Well that is a tad bit disappointing if your hunch is correct. Still, being an optimist, at minimum I get some varied colors and helped fund a game I've wanted for decades. 

Maybe that is what they meant.

Dude, I'm hoping. 

IronKnight55 likes this

So literally just different texture maps on the same clothing? (Different logos on Buggsy's vest, different pattern on the sweater on Deb, different color short shorts on Tiffany?) Kind of disappointed. =(

IronKnight55 likes this

Im guessing they'll still differentiate them from being only color swaps as the default customization is.

Im guessing the cat shirt for A.J. and the floral pattern for Deb that we've seen in screenshots and now gameplay (for A.J.) might actually be some of the DLC textures.

I wonder why they let us speculate for months about the DLC clothes? Supposedly they read every thread so a simple heads up youre not getting brand new clothes, its textures, wouldve been appreciated but oh well, im still glad we're getting special recolors!

IronKnight55 and Turtle like this

Im guessing they'll still differentiate them from being only color swaps as the default customization is.

Im guessing the cat shirt for A.J. and the floral pattern for Deb that we've seen in screenshots and now gameplay (for A.J.) might actually be some of the DLC textures.

I wonder why they let us speculate for months about the DLC clothes? Supposedly they read every thread so a simple heads up youre not getting brand new clothes, its textures, wouldve been appreciated but oh well, im still glad we're getting special recolors!

Agreed! They should have told us sooner instead of letting us keep speculating like you said.

TaleAsOldAsTime likes this

All I am understanding from that comment is that the skins will be specific to each counselor. No reason to believe that they are just colour changes just yet from my pov.

I probably should have included my question in the image lol. I think my question was pretty explicit- it was like "will the outfits include alternate tops like AJ in a jacket or something. will the options include alternate models/meshes" His response was a no to that. I don't think this means we won't get them at some point in the future- it just means they aren't a part of the clothing pack/won't exist in the initial release. If there were alternate models rn that were revealed, I'd be surprised- let's be honest, the Savini Jason is a bigger showpiece than the clothing pack and was always gonna build up more hype. If there were gonna be alternate models, I think we would've gotten a glimpse by now.

I don't mind them being reskins- I'll take any customization :D! But I wish the pack's description on backerkit might have been worded more explicitly. I still would have purchased it, but a lot of us misinterpreted it and were anticipating something different  :(

idk if the devs even bother checking this thread anymore but if they happen to, could one them please maybe hint whether or not us customization whores could expect different clothing models/rigs options unique to each counselor as a DLC or something? If it's impossible due to Unreal limitations or is too costly/timely to implement, that's cool too- I would just hate for the community to keep waiting/hoping for something that's just not gonna happen :)

I probably should have included my question in the image lol. I think my question was pretty explicit- it was like "will the outfits include alternate tops like AJ in a jacket or something. will the options include alternate models/meshes" His response was a no to that. I don't think this means we won't get them at some point in the future- it just means they aren't a part of the clothing pack/won't exist in the initial release. If there were alternate models rn that were revealed, I'd be surprised- let's be honest, the Savini Jason is a bigger showpiece than the clothing pack and was always gonna build up more hype. If there were gonna be alternate models, I think we would've gotten a glimpse by now.

I don't mind them being reskins- I'll take any customization :D! But I wish the pack's description on backerkit might have been worded more explicitly. I still would have purchased it, but a lot of us misinterpreted it and were anticipating something different  :(

I agree. I'd be less disappointed had I not thought they were alternate clothing options and known that it was just reskins. At any rate, I'm not going to cry into my beer about it. 

Turtle likes this

Pretty disappointing actually. Though it was only a 9 dollar purchase so I didn't expect too much I suppose. I do hope that in the future they actually create completely new outfits, not just color variations of the ones they already have.

Either way I'm still excited to play ^_^

Turtle likes this

I was expecting more than just reskins. I don't mind all that much, I bought sight unseen to support, but I may have reconsidered had I known. Regardless, I guess we get to look somewhat different from those who didn't purchase it. That's kind of something, right? Is it $9 worth of something? That's probably debatable.

On a side-note, all of those debates about swimwear, footwear, etc seem a little less relevant unless they intend to add actual outfit changes down the road.

Let's not jump to any conclusions yet guys and girls.

This doesn't really tell us too much, I think he means something completely different, and here's why:

" <-- we know the character model is naked, aka. the character model was modeled naked, not with clothes on as some might think.

So that means that every piece of clothing is a separate piece of model etc. that is then put on the character, "tied to the character model/rig" which is also why sometimes in the beta you could see those black "glitches" where the clothes collided and cut through the characters, if the clothes was "modeled on" the model that would mean that you most likely wouldn't see that as there would be no collision :P

So relax guys, he's just saying that clothing is tied to character model/rig, although you would need to show me the exact question before I start to worry, because as far as I was aware, clothing "patterns" aka. the reskins were unlock-able in the game, and not the "counselor clothing dlc"

No Turtle and finalboy the clothes are completely new.  I asked Wes on twitter a month or so back he said the clothing pack would contain entirely different outfits,

Liva likes this

My apologies. I should probably think a little more before posting. I wasn't trying to offend anyone.

I don't think any of us are offended, is just jokes. But seriously I want to see Eric in a revealing bikini

IronKnight55 likes this

I don't think any of us are offended, is just jokes. But seriously I want to see Eric in a revealing bikini

That's good to know. I wasn't sure if you guys were serious or not, so I apologized. I don't want to offend anyone. :)

MutantTaco likes this

That's good to know. I wasn't sure if you guys were serious or not, so I apologized. I don't want to offend anyone. :)

Oh yea I was joking. I thought the triggered and hashtags gave it away

IronKnight55 likes this

So many different answers. Which is it?

If we go back to my original question of this topic, then Splatterhouse answered:

"1. Clothing customisation will be in the base game, I believe it'll be a colour palette change of existing clothes. "

That was the answer to my question:

"1. Will there be any counselor customization (appearance wise) with just the base game, or will you need to get the Clothing Pack to have access to any kind of customization."

Well, I'm crossing my fingers still for new geometry for clothing packs... It just seems like the right thing to spend $9 on.

Retexturing an existing outfit is something most people could do in a matter of minutes. Select new image for texture, examine old one to see what sort of warping needs to be applied, if at all, for it to look right when applied to the mesh. Apply new texture, see if it looks right, fix any weirdness. Repeat for each texture.

For bonus points, if there's normal maps, you could create a new normal map for the texture to simulate it being made of different fabric or whatever, and add buttons, pockets, patches, etc. Also not too hard, since it's basically just another texture that simulates geometry. This is also not hard if you use the original normal map as a baseline to see how it interfaces with with geometry.

Modders do this all the time as their first mod.

If we're paying $9 for just new textures, with the idea that almost all of the $9 is going to support game development and it's more of a crowdfunding pledge with a few cents of that having gone to new exclusive textures thrown in as a reward to show other people what a good backer you are, that's okay too, as long as we know what we're getting.

Oh yea I was joking. I thought the triggered and hashtags gave it away

I think most of us understood, and that you are not a Trigglypuff. =) Wanting to play a game about murdering teenagers means you are probably made of sterner stuff.