Liva

Counselor Clothing Pack

631 posts in this topic

I woundn't mind a swimwear DLC pack in the future, but I'm hoping thats not what we get in this Clothing Pack. If we do get swimwear in the future I hope its not speedos, lol (especially not for Eric xD).

MutantTaco likes this

Didn't they go full nude?

Sometimes but just one example is the Edgy guy in part 7. Went upstairs to have sex and had on red bikini briefs.

Other times there's stuff like Cor from part 6 who went commando.

But point remains that they're not ashamed of their bodies and are fully aware they're very attractive.

They said the the clothing pack would be other clothing options that made sense for the archetype, so I hope that the clothes still convey their tropes but are also very different from the vanilla clothes.

For example, Jenny's clothes feel the Girl next door look of the Final girl trope, but I'd love if she got some Virgin clothes, kinda like Laurie's cardigan and long skirt in Halloween.

Chad could get more casual Preppy guy clothes, maybe shorts, a polo shirt and sandals, all pastel of course.

Adam has that greaser look with the leather jacket, I'd like either a biker look like in Part 3 or a sleeveless shirt and worn out jeans.

I think it was brought up before, Tiffany's skimpy Flirty girl outfit is cool, but I would enjoy a more classy outfit, while remaining flirty of course.

Stuff like that, variety, but I hope we'll still recognize the tropes

MutantTaco and IronKnight55 like this

To be fair, many publishers have done just that (and even pricier). There's a shit ton of fighting games that charged for alt colors as DLC PER character. Like $5 for 4 alt colors PER char. 

There's some shitty as developers out there. But no, I don't think Gun Media would do that personally. 

Just wanted to say, so far, the devs for F13 have been far from most publishers in the sense that they know it would suck if they gave us recolours, I think they'll do a better job than many bigger companies would.

MutantTaco likes this

How many times have counselors gone skinny dipping at night? Or how the counselors could have just come back from a day of swimming as night set in and are warming up around the fire as Jason pops up.

Also it is in fact just a game. It's already established the game begins at what would constitute the last 20 min of the movie when people realize Jason is there. But typically most everyone is dead by then wheras game wise, all but one are alive.

So trying to apply real world logic to EVERY exact detail isn't necessary.

It remains that the counselors having swimwear clothing would fit in just fine.

Also @Bears;

I get what you're saying but Eric is the main one I would see wearing board shorts (and I'm perfectly ok with that lol).

But I personally hate the cop out most people do with putting the girls in skimpy bikini's and the guys are always just in shorts.

Think of it like them always putting a girl in panties but she always has a huge bulky heavy sweater on too so you can't even see any definition of her breasts.

Now imagine the guys always being in speedos and shirtless while the girls only show off their lower half, the top is always concealed by baggy shirts.

Eventually you kinda just want fairplay on seeing the girls show off their boobs in a bikini no?

That's how I feel about the guys and speedos.

I do see what you're saying but at the same time I think I would only like to see things in line with the person's character. I don't think all of the females would be in two piece bikinis. If the only reason to show skin is to show skin than I'm not into it at all to be honest. There's a video of all the characters naked on YouTube if anyone is bent on more digital skin.

By short-shorts, I don't mean board shorts. And this isn't meant as insult but the edgy would not be running around the woods in a speedo. He would definitely wear shorts or nothing at all- because he's edgy. I get you want to see his ass while you're playing but if it's just so people can see his ass and doesn't serve any other purpose- why? It doesn't fit in line with any character, other than maybe Chad, to be wearing a full-on speedo.

IronKnight55 and MutantTaco like this

So tell me if this is old news or not but I just looked at Steams F13th page and it has some new pictures up that I've never seen before. Maybe they were always there but it shows Debora in this lime green floral pattern sweater? Tiffany also seems to be wearing the same thing except maybe a bit more slutty? Also shows some different color combos on some of the other counselors. Go check out Steam. If this has always been there I apologize.

Oh and Tiffany is bent over a car and is spilling out of her shorts lol.

TaleAsOldAsTime likes this

So tell me if this is old news or not but I just looked at Steams F13th page and it has some new pictures up that I've never seen before. Maybe they were always there but it shows Debora in this lime green floral pattern sweater? Tiffany also seems to be wearing the same thing except maybe a bit more slutty? Also shows some different color combos on some of the other counselors. Go check out Steam. If this has always been there I apologize.

Good catch, those are definitely new images!! You can also see Adam, in the image where Tiffany is bent over the car,, new customization options for A.J.

And in two other images, the counselor being used is Buggzy, also with customized clothing.

Love the floral pattern for Deborah :)

Gdain likes this

Isn't this really as simple as giving the counselors clothes of their other counterparts in the series?

Jenny - Instead of dressing like Chris, she dresses like Trish near the end of Part 4 or like Alice or Ginny near the end of their films?

AJ - Instead of dressing like Violet from Part 5, she dresses like JJ from Part 8?

Chad - Instead of dressing like Rick from Part 3, he dresses like Scott from Part 2?

Eric - Instead of dressing like Shelley from Part 3, he dresses like Wayne from Part 8?

Deb - Instead of dressing like Maddy from early in Part 7, she dresses like Maddy did near her death?

Adam - Instead of dressing like the greasers from Part 5, he dresses like Rob from Part 4?

Tiffany - Instead of dressing like the Twins from Part 4, she dresses like Robin from Part 7 or Nikki from Part 6?

Brandon - Instead of dressing with the lettered jacket, you could dress him like Reggie in Part 5 or Julius in Part 8?

Kenny - Instead of dressing him in plaid, you could dress him like Steve Cristy in the original or Paul from Part 2?

Vanessa - Instead of dressing her in a track suit, you could dress her like Sissy in the sports shirt and pajamas before her death in Part 6 or hell even like Fox in Part 3, despite not being a rough riding biker?

I do see what you're saying but at the same time I think I would only like to see things in line with the person's character. I don't think all of the females would be in two piece bikinis. If the only reason to show skin is to show skin than I'm not into it at all to be honest. There's a video of all the characters naked on YouTube if anyone is bent on more digital skin.

By short-shorts, I don't mean board shorts. And this isn't meant as insult but the edgy would not be running around the woods in a speedo. He would definitely wear shorts or nothing at all- because he's edgy. I get you want to see his ass while you're playing but if it's just so people can see his ass and doesn't serve any other purpose- why? It doesn't fit in line with any character, other than maybe Chad, to be wearing a full-on speedo.

I fully agree that everyone should wear something unique to them. It shouldn't just be copy paste speedos and bikini's for every char. That's never what I intended. That was more just a generic claim "Bikini's and speedos for everyone!", without going into detail on specifics for each char. 

Deb for example would most likely wear a one piece, not a 2 piece. And Eric would certainly be in shorts, possibly even a t-shirt.

But I disagree with Adam not wearing a speedo. "Edgy guy" is a VERY loose archtype that varies from movie to movie. There's the douche bag edgy guy the bully edgy guy, there's the lone wolf edgy guy, there's the heroic edgy guy etc.

So what works for one wouldn't necessarily work for all. 

You could have the edgy guy who doesn't give a shit and goes skinny dipping, the edgy guy who doesn't conform or care about showing off his body and goes in in cut off jeans, or you could have the edgy guy who is totally comfortable with his body and wears a speedo because he likes to flaunt it.

The same could apply to any of the archetypes. Hell you could have Deb be like Maddie(I forget her name but the one her glasses are based off of) and trying to glam herself up to be 'sexy' to win a boys heart despite being typically a geek in geek clothes.

So Adam in a speedo wouldn't be out of character archetype. It is solely depenedant on the archetype OF his archetype you personally depicted in your head for him which is 100% subjective.

But let's be clear here, I'm certainly not going to deny that I want Adam in a speedo because I want Adam in a speedo. That's more than obvious. That however doesn't mean I'm not wrong about what I said above though. And if I felt it was completely out of character for him, I'd have acknowledged it and wouldn't push for it if it would go against the character. But, from everything I've seen of him on twitter, he certainly strikes me as arrogant enough to know he's attractive and happy to flaunt it.

So I'll revise my initial proposal to simply "Swimwear for the Counselors DLC" and "Please make Adam's swimwear a speedo" :P

soooooo i guess they just wanted us to find these new images ourselves lol, i wonder if there are any more pictures they've put out and we just havent found them yet?

Gdain likes this

I fully agree that everyone should wear something unique to them. It shouldn't just be copy paste speedos and bikini's for every char. That's never what I intended. That was more just a generic claim "Bikini's and speedos for everyone!", without going into detail on specifics for each char. 

Deb for example would most likely wear a one piece, not a 2 piece. And Eric would certainly be in shorts, possibly even a t-shirt.

But I disagree with Adam not wearing a speedo. "Edgy guy" is a VERY loose archtype that varies from movie to movie. There's the douche bag edgy guy the bully edgy guy, there's the lone wolf edgy guy, there's the heroic edgy guy etc.

So what works for one wouldn't necessarily work for all. 

You could have the edgy guy who doesn't give a shit and goes skinny dipping, the edgy guy who doesn't conform or care about showing off his body and goes in in cut off jeans, or you could have the edgy guy who is totally comfortable with his body and wears a speedo because he likes to flaunt it.

The same could apply to any of the archetypes. Hell you could have Deb be like Maddie(I forget her name but the one her glasses are based off of) and trying to glam herself up to be 'sexy' to win a boys heart despite being typically a geek in geek clothes.

So Adam in a speedo wouldn't be out of character archetype. It is solely depenedant on the archetype OF his archetype you personally depicted in your head for him which is 100% subjective.

But let's be clear here, I'm certainly not going to deny that I want Adam in a speedo because I want Adam in a speedo. That's more than obvious. That however doesn't mean I'm not wrong about what I said above though. And if I felt it was completely out of character for him, I'd have acknowledged it and wouldn't push for it if it would go against the character. But, from everything I've seen of him on twitter, he certainly strikes me as arrogant enough to know he's attractive and happy to flaunt it.

So I'll revise my initial proposal to simply "Swimwear for the Counselors DLC" and "Please make Adam's swimwear a speedo" :P

Yea, I disagree but I'm going to back out of this and agree to disagree.

Someone did make a good point when they said we only paid 9 dollars for this so maybe we should all lower our expectations? I'm still hoping for a lot of neat pieces though, themed or not.

I woundn't mind a swimwear DLC pack in the future, but I'm hoping thats not what we get in this Clothing Pack. If we do get swimwear in the future I hope its not speedos, lol (especially not for Eric xD).

Are you body shaming Eric?

He needs to have a bikini of his own because he is supposed to be a jokester, right?

Are you body shaming Eric?

He needs to have a bikini of his own because he is supposed to be a jokester, right?

Just saying I don't want to see him running around in a speedo, lol. He needs to keep his clothes on. :P

Quit body shaming #Fatacceptance #Healthateverysize #Triggered

My apologies. I should probably think a little more before posting. I wasn't trying to offend anyone.  

My apologies. I should probably think a little more before posting. I wasn't trying to offend anyone.  

In most cases offense is taken and not given. You're good.

Anywho, clothes or launch next? Tune in next time. :P

Liva, IronKnight55 and DialM like this

In most cases offense is taken and not given. You're good.

Anywho, clothes or launch next? Tune in next time. :P

I think Poe's Law is catching some people in this thread.

Also, Gun said they can't do nudity, so I assume there will be clothes before launch.

I think Poe's Law is catching some people in this thread.

Also, Gun said they can't do nudity, so I assume there will be clothes before launch.

POE! I thought we were operating under Murphy's for this segment. :P

:( finally got an answer. confirmed that there will be no alternate clothing models, just various reskins. hopefully, that's just for now :). keep it in mind for dlc Gun, dumb people like me will pay for it :)

df4c19104c0439a9ae51a18b06a354f8.png