Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TMSStoneaxe

Map Dlc

10 posts in this topic

So there has been talk of dlc as of the most recent pax and i have been worried the devs might try to do map dlc which wouldn't be very good for the game/it's playerbase and i do not want this game to end up flopping for something as basic as map dlc which already can break some AAA games that aren't quite cod levels of undieing so i would hate to see it happen to this game ecpecially since this is a tiny indie project ALMOST everyone agrees at this point map dlc can hurt a playerbase so i just want some confirmation from the devs that this won't be a thing and to hear everyone elses worries/opinions on the matter

1 person likes this

I honestly don't care too much personally. This is one game I would buy map packs for. I mean hell I already bought the counselor clothing and I don't usually waste my money on things like that, but for this game I'd throw the entire contents of my wallet at them.

1 person likes this

This is/was being discussed in another thread. You made another thread to ask for freebies.

I honestly don't care too much personally. This is one game I would buy map packs for. I mean hell I already bought the counselor clothing and I don't usually waste my money on things like that, but for this game I'd throw the entire contents of my wallet at them.

yeah but map dlc can divide a playerbase which can kill a games players and divide up the matchmaking and of course make more people quit

it doesn't matter what you specifically do but it's about the community as a whole

This is/was being discussed in another thread. You made another thread to ask for freebies.

that other post i made wasn't about that though some people just briefly mentioned it in the comments i want a post where we can talk about it as the main topic and we can discuss it in depth while also having a chance at getting an awnser from the devs

yeah but map dlc can divide a playerbase which can kill a games players and divide up the matchmaking and of course make more people quit

it doesn't matter what you specifically do but it's about the community as a whole

that other post i made wasn't about that though some people just briefly mentioned it in the comments i want a post where we can talk about it as the main topic and we can discuss it in depth while also having a chance at getting an awnser from the devs

That doesn't change the fact I don't care and would personally pay for them.
1 person likes this

That doesn't change the fact I don't care and would personally pay for them.

same for me but i care because if the playerbase divides the game can lose players and eventually the servers will shut down or they will stop adding stuff/updating/supporting the game

Platforms divide players, timezones divide players, players themselves divide players.

Map packs will only divide the interested from the uninterested. Personally, I'd prefer to play with people interested in the game. If you're not interested enough for new content, that's fine by me. I'll stick to playing with people who are.

1 person likes this

Platforms divide players, timezones divide players, players themselves divide players.

Map packs will only divide the interested from the uninterested. Personally, I'd prefer to play with people interested in the game. If you're not interested enough for new content, that's fine by me. I'll stick to playing with people who are.

division of a playerbase is always bad even if some of the people aren't as passionate as you/others doesn't mean they aren't players uninterested players quit/don't buy the game you shouldn't treat people who fanboy buy everything like me or you as inferior they're usually a majority of the players and even when it only divides interested and disinterested players it can still kill a game unless your game is COD levels of big map packs usually have very negative effects on your game ecpecially a kickstarter indie game such as this

Uggh, then if I buy a map but my friends don't, I can not play with them? sucks. Maps must be free, the matchmaking will become unbearable and unplayable if you apply a player split model on the same platform. They must follow the path of Dead By Daylight, and get paid content along with the maps. That is to say, they take a map (free) and put on sale advice clothes, new skins of Jason, new kill packs or more chapters in the single player mode. I do not care if prices are inflated to cover maps, but no paid maps.

1 person likes this