44 replies to this topic

Austin.JM

Austin.JM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationClaremont, NH

They could aalways go the cheap way and have it appear in the inventory box. That way it would be a surprise to the Jason player when the counselor had it. And... Most of my ideas are for patches or dlc...i dont want nothing new put in game. Just the game finished as well. Ideas i throw out now are for the future.
The truth is, some counselors or players have no luck. You may be having a bad match, or you could be a bad player. It would be to assist someone in those scenarios.

The thing about multiplayer games and I feel this game especially is sometimes you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time and being a good or bad counselor doesn't really matter sometimes Jason just pops up on the map where you are at the worst moment and you die and for Jason sometimes you just choose the wrong place to morph to or take a left when chasing a counselor when you should have taken a right or etc, and your right I know In other games like overwatch for example, sometimes you just have a bad match were you do terribly

GrifterWolf

GrifterWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationColorado

I like Gdain's idea more, we don't want Jason to lose a mechanic, having the ability to temporarily raise your hiding from Jason's sense for say maybe three minutes would make a huge asset without making him weaker. I don't want to repeat game mechanics either like having the wearer take any less damage, but a secondary benefit if you're caught with the sweater, maybe you can slip out of it and confuse him, causing a pocket knife-like stun for the counselor to get away.

Something like this could be hidden *anywhere* on the map (as long as it's on land) and be low visibility to make it tough to find to balance out the advantages.

• Risinggrave and Gdain like this

tumblr_inline_nvzdfeDG951r5ight_500.gif

"Let the Beast Rise from Within"

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

nah cus the sweater is already on the island under her head and what would that mean if they eventually add the teen jason and it has something to do with the sweater on it

i personally don't like the idea of a rage counter then again i am extremley bias to making jason stronger and keeping survivors weak

tumblr_oj0jj7ttFT1rp0vkjo1_500.gif 

I'm about as stupid as most people online but not as stupid as this gif 

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

I'd rather there'd be no Rage counter, either.

I want Jason to remain OP. Hell, I hope they buff him further post-release if they want to make it tougher. He should really be a huge challenge at all times.

Whole thing really relies on keeping him a scary threat.

• SHODANFreeman likes this

dmack621

dmack621

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNJ

The sweater already does something, it just hasn't yet been figured out.

I have my ideas as to what it is used for, but I'll wait for the game to come out and put theories to the test.

Posted Image

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

If there is a sweater, I'd have it make the person invisable to Jason for ten seconds before becoming visible.  Not stun him though.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

I'd rather there'd be no Rage counter, either.

I want Jason to remain OP. Hell, I hope they buff him further post-release if they want to make it tougher. He should really be a huge challenge at all times.

Whole thing really relies on keeping him a scary threat.

I like the rage. Since the devs are saying they are trying to stay close to the movies it just makes sense. Jason always starts off sneaking around and by the end he's breaking down doors and walls. He's very angry that he hasn't killed everyone yet 😂

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

The sweater already does something, it just hasn't yet been figured out.

I have my ideas as to what it is used for, but I'll wait for the game to come out and put theories to the test.

I would be interested in your theories considering in other posts it's been discussed to death.

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

I really dislike the idea of a rage counter and i don't think the devs would either

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I really dislike the idea of a rage counter and i don't think the devs would either

I agree.

This isn't a competitive game.  There doesn't necessarily need to be "balance" it just needs to be fun.

Dying early is never fun so I like the direction they went with Fear and sense I just hope they randomize the spawns more so that it's less predictable for Jason so he can't warp to you and kill you right away.

• Austin.JM, Risinggrave and DialM like this

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

Austin.JM

Austin.JM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationClaremont, NH

I agree.

This isn't a competitive game.  There doesn't necessarily need to be "balance" it just needs to be fun.

Dying early is never fun so I like the direction they went with Fear and sense I just hope they randomize the spawns more so that it's less predictable for Jason so he can't warp to you and kill you right away.

When I think of balance in this game I think there needs to be a chance you can escape as a counselor. Of course Jason should be OP and have the ability to kill everyone but the counselors still need to be able to escape sometimes because if you every single game no one ever escapes people won't want to play as a counselor and they will lose players, like is said before the cool thing about this game is sometimes no matter how skilled you are either as Jason or a counselor sometimes it's just about luck, as a counsellor you can get lucky and find car parts or the fuse to the phone box super early in the game and that helps or sometimes as Jason you just happen to teleport to a place on the map where a bunch if counselors are and kill several of them or you can have super bad luck and as Jason just happen to teleport to the wrong part of the map or as a counselor Jason just might happen to show up at the worst time

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Yeah...everyone likes to talk shit and shoot down ideas but noone brings anything to the table in terms of creativity. More of the same. Guarentee if the devs posted this exact thing people would have their heads so far up the devs asses with praise about it.

dmack621

dmack621

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNJ

I would be interested in your theories considering in other posts it's been discussed to death.

I'm pretty certain it is part of the series of things that need to be done to kill Jason in game. It will be hard to elaborate on that before playing the game again.

I know we pretty much were damn sure of it in the beta but we couldn't figure out what order of the sequence it was. There's some missing steps/information that we couldn't figure out.

Posted Image

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Yeah...everyone likes to talk shit and shoot down ideas but noone brings anything to the table in terms of creativity. More of the same. Guarentee if the devs posted this exact thing people would have their heads so far up the devs asses with praise about it.

no actually i wouldn't i hate the idea of anti jason stuff in my perfect world for the game a max of 2 people would be able to survive with 1-0 being the average i have come up with plenty of ideas in my past posts like a new weapon idea and more but i still shoot this one down because it's stupid

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Ha! Calling my idea stupid lol wheres your great smart ideas boy?

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

it is for mutliple reasons it counters rage the one thing that is made to be a oh shit they're still here but havent died finish them with these steroids and made it easily countered second reason the sweater is next to his moms head and if you wanna say move it or something then what if they wanna end up doing the teen jason but instead of the sweater mask he's wearing it or keeping the sweater idea as a mask and i already explained the last idea i want jason to be VERY op to the point where the most survivors will be 2-3 and the average will be 0-1 i dislike the idea of this item entirley

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Still...no ideas to improve or change the function of the sweater idea wise. I understand if you dont like the idea of it countering rage, but what else besides stun could it do. But seeing your response i wonder why am i even discussing this with you.
  • Gdain likes this

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationUnited States

People don't need to have better ideas to disagree with an idea.

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
It helps noone to call things/people "stupid". Why the hell do you feel the need to defend negativity and discount every damn thing? Instead of either not saying something at all, or standing up for whats right, you come and defend this. The fucks wrong with you? Constantly on my threads with the shit. Never productive.

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

It helps noone to call things "stupid". Why the hell do you feel the need to defend negativity and discount every damn thing? Instead of either not saying something at all, or standing up for whats right, you come and defend this. The fucks wrong with you? Constantly on my threads with the shit. Never productive.

to be perfectly honest i don't view stupid as anymore negative than saying it was a bad idea then again i've been online long enough to find kill yourself as a mild insult

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users