Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gdain

Best headset and 3rd party voicechat question

6 posts in this topic

So with the game on the horizon and my excitement level increasing, I figured I need to jump on this asap. I haven't used a headset in ages and was wondering what people are using and what they consider to be the best. I used to use one long ago when I played WOW but that was well over a decade ago. I tried to do some research but you know how that goes, one says this is good the other says it's terrible. I'm curious to see what your opinions are. I would be using it for the PC and possibly the PS4 so I'm not sure if the headset would be compatible or I would have to get one for each. Also, I remember long ago using I think Ventrillo as a third party chat. Are people still using that or has something else come along? What do you use? Thanks again, any info is appreciated.

The PS4 Wireless Gold Headset (officially licensed by Sony) is a great headset, solely based on the fact that it's also compatible with Microsoft Windows, so you don't have to get a separate headset just for PC. Battery life is about 8 hours, it's really comfortable, and you can download a companion app from the PS Store to customize sound presets. It costs like $70 to $80 on Amazon.

Most gamers use Discord as a third party voice chat; it's free, and it doesn't hog up the CPU like Skype does.

Gdain likes this

Kinda hoping 3rd party chat doesn't become a common thing. I really love the game mechanic of only being able to talk to others when you're near them,until you find a radio. :/

I agree totally. I love how they have it set up. Im getting ready just in case.