• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
So with the game on the horizon and my excitement level increasing, I figured I need to jump on this asap. I haven't used a headset in ages and was wondering what people are using and what they consider to be the best. I used to use one long ago when I played WOW but that was well over a decade ago. I tried to do some research but you know how that goes, one says this is good the other says it's terrible. I'm curious to see what your opinions are. I would be using it for the PC and possibly the PS4 so I'm not sure if the headset would be compatible or I would have to get one for each. Also, I remember long ago using I think Ventrillo as a third party chat. Are people still using that or has something else come along? What do you use? Thanks again, any info is appreciated.

BlackWidowofLaPorte

BlackWidowofLaPorte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

The PS4 Wireless Gold Headset (officially licensed by Sony) is a great headset, solely based on the fact that it's also compatible with Microsoft Windows, so you don't have to get a separate headset just for PC. Battery life is about 8 hours, it's really comfortable, and you can download a companion app from the PS Store to customize sound presets. It costs like $70 to $80 on Amazon.

Most gamers use Discord as a third party voice chat; it's free, and it doesn't hog up the CPU like Skype does.

• Gdain likes this

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Cool thank you. I'll check it out. 👍

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Discord? What's that?
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

thatdudescott

thatdudescott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUSA
Kinda hoping 3rd party chat doesn't become a common thing. I really love the game mechanic of only being able to talk to others when you're near them,until you find a radio. :/
  • SHODANFreeman and Gdain like this

steam: thatdudescott

twitch videos: https://www.twitch.t...13th/videos/all

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Kinda hoping 3rd party chat doesn't become a common thing. I really love the game mechanic of only being able to talk to others when you're near them,until you find a radio. :/

I agree totally. I love how they have it set up. Im getting ready just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users