PowellCampsNAKED

Jump Scare Power Attack!

26 posts in this topic

First off I know jump scares won't be in this game and they are a cheap tactic in certain horror films and time is an issue now ... but this just popped in there like when the "stay puff marshmallow man" popped in Rays head lol!

Anyways, what if every Jason you played you were allowed only 1 jump scare attack per session (which were in fact in the films by the way) and how it would work would be, you select the map and "click" anywhere on the map where a councelor is and use the jump scare attack! Now when it is used the councelors have no hint no build up music that Jason is coming or anything all they see and hear is Jason burst through a door or window or wherever he comes out of nowhere (teleports) with a loud dramatic scary slow motion jump scare sound! Or through a window or in the woods or wherever! But instantly grabs them

Kind of like on part 4 upstairs grabbing what's her name through the window throwing her out the 2nd story window in slow motion and loud music!

I guess the key to what what we don't have is adding the element of complete surprise and boom make people short themselves!!

I like the idea but I imagine if you were being insta-killed like this, folks would complain. I could see it working if the player had a much higher chance of escaping Jason's grasp and the length of stun to Jason was longer than usual.

By the way, I love jump scares. People call them cheap but it scares the shit out of them every time. ;)

The jump scare could trigger some type of minigame or cause you to drop all of your items everwhere. It would take more time to pick them back up.

Yeah and you still can escape it would just make you at home jump for real to!

I like jump scares in games where I can do something about it, for example I love cursing out loud before fighting back, I think I would just prefer a stealth ability on Jason though.

IronKnight55 likes this

I like jump scares in games where I can do something about it, for example I love cursing out loud before fighting back, I think I would just prefer a stealth ability on Jason though.

I agree with this. I think a stealth ability would be pretty cool!

I'm not sure, i really hate horror movies nowadays that rely on cheap jump scares to make a horror movie, so for a game like friday the 13th to make you scared just from fear, that would be really refreshing. Cool idea though!

Lots complain about jump scares but it's actually the only time I get scared in movies and games. Other than that it's just worry oh when is something gonna pop up

I'm about the same. I've seen so much horror it's rare something creeps me out. I love it when something does but it's rare.

Ok guys I'm gonna disagree! Ok hear me out, I hate cheap jump scares in films it's not a creative thing to do at all but when it comes to games it's really hard to make a game as scary as a film, that being said I feel like jump scares are almost needed in a game to even come close to creeping people out!

Poetic_Injustice likes this

Idk about that i think sneaking around cabins not knowing where and when jason might pop up can be quite creepy although the music signalling him nearby sort of takes the fear out a lot.

Idk about that i think sneaking around cabins not knowing where and when jason might pop up can be quite creepy although the music signalling him nearby sort of takes the fear out a lot.

For me , the score and music when Jason got closer sort of intensified the fear and fluttering heart rate for me

The devs have already issued a pretty stern "no" on anything involving jumpscares because it's a cheap and uncreative tactic. It's just "Boo!" and "oh, good one, you got me." and then after that, it's just annoying, loud noises and things jumping at you from on-screen. That's not fun and I don't want to see them in the game. It would just be insulting to players.

The devs have already issued a pretty stern "no" on anything involving jumpscares because it's a cheap and uncreative tactic. It's just "Boo!" and "oh, good one, you got me." and then after that, it's just annoying, loud noises and things jumping at you from on-screen. That's not fun and I don't want to see them in the game. It would just be insulting to players.

No I already stated that ;) .,, I'm still Voiceing my fun idea! I'm sorry but I thought I made it clear in my post?!?

Black Widow love u man

Well, if the hidden Jason ability is in fact a stealth mode, I hope its something that disables proximity music until an action is performed. Then you could have Jason morph to a location, enter a building and close the door behind him and just wait for a player to enter. If he runs, or power walks, it makes noise as any other councilor would, but any attack or being seen would cancel the effect. 

Could you imagine entering a building and hearing someone walk in the next room, expecting to run into a friendly face, and when you turn the corner, the hulking form of Jason is standing with weapon in hand...

bewareofbears and Risinggrave like this

Well, if the hidden Jason ability is in fact a stealth mode, I hope its something that disables proximity music until an action is performed. Then you could have Jason morph to a location, enter a building and close the door behind him and just wait for a player to enter. If he runs, or power walks, it makes noise as any other councilor would, but any attack or being seen would cancel the effect.

Could you imagine entering a building and hearing someone walk in the next room, expecting to run into a friendly face, and when you turn the corner, the hulking form of Jason is standing with weapon in hand...

EXACTLY!!! How is that insulting to players? That would be scary! But on top of that, as soon as you open the door a burst of ambient music comes on, but only once per match!

Poetic_Injustice likes this

Tension! Intense tension, followed by a lull in that nail-biting, balls to the wall, adrenaline rush. A nice quiet, relaxing lull...and then BAM!!! You get nailed. That's the recipe for good jump scare style.

How to implement that in-game? The only way I could think of to pull it off successfully would be to give Jason a one-shot ability (or greatly slowed) to actually go invisible to the counselors, and sneak around setting up that perfect attack moment. Then he becomes physical and by that time either does an insta-kill, or a special grab. Music may or may not cue prior.

Reading through the replies I began to laugh like I was insane on the subject of the counselors losing what's in their inventory. I imagined it being a Sonic the Hedgehog response but instead of rings you drop flares and car keys and I just started laughing

Risinggrave and CrazyRalph like this

Reading through the replies I began to laugh like I was insane on the subject of the counselors losing what's in their inventory. I imagined it being a Sonic the Hedgehog response but instead of rings you drop flares and car keys and I just started laughing

Pffft! LOL! Like a rucksack being turned upside down! Yeah, I can picture that in a hilarious way as well. Wherever someone got killed, it would look like a yard sale gone bad! :)

I think I accidentally guessed the 4th ability to a degree! ;)

Got the jump scare part right. Cant wait to see how this stalk ability works out in game

Got the jump scare part right. Cant wait to see how this stalk ability works out in game

Well the basic theory behind no music to alert them and being able to use the power ability so I got most of it!

Davidt likes this