• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Gobb

Gobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Sup forums.

So i had a couple of ideas to make the progression system better or more intuitive.

So has anyone played COD: black ops 1? No? well let me explain.

In black ops 1 your progression system was very different from other games. Instead of it being linear and grindy. You could buy anything you wanted. If you had the cash. not real cash. lol

Say you wanted a gun but didn't want to play for 20 hours to get the necessary xp to unlock it. Well, you can just buy it instead with in game currency.

now i know what your saying "MICRO-TRANSACTIONS EW. DISLIKED. THUMBS DOWN. GROSS. BAD IDEA"  Hear me out.

I think micro transactions are bad too, thats why this is not going to be pay to win. You use the Cp, or counselor points as they are, to unlock all the stuff.

How do you get cp? Just by playing the game silly! Leveling up already rewarded cp but now instead of buying perks only, you can now buy jasons, and counselors.

I feel this is more of a way to get people to pick things that they want at the start instead of having to grind for the thing they want.

say you want to play as Part 8 jason but hes unlocked at level 20. Instead of grinding for 20 hours trying to get him, you can now buy him with cp! easy life!

Leave your thoughts on this in the comments below. I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on this.

As always have a awesome day

~Gobb 

EDIT: I see some comments about pay to win and i would like to clarify some things

YOU CAN ONLY GET CP BY PLAYING THE GAME. No micro-transactions.
You can pick whatever jason or counselor you want when you get the game is what im trying to get at.

Instead of leveling and leveling for hours on end to get the one person you want you can buy the one you want and get the rest of them later.

• ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger likes this

Plox

Plox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

I kinda like it the way it is. If I had to save up points to unlock Jasons (they would be expensive comparatively), would I ever get around to unlocking perks? I kinda like them as level rewards.

Gobb

Gobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I kinda like it the way it is. If I had to save up points to unlock Jasons (they would be expensive comparatively), would I ever get around to unlocking perks? I kinda like them as level rewards.

The thing is is that with this system you can buy what ever you want, whenever you want. 

Say you want to have just one jason but make him supper badass, you can do that.

Same goes for counselors. You can fully deck out the character you want and then get all the rest of the stuff later.

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
i like the leveling system to unlock more stuff. Makes you want to play more.
  • Mr_Trapper likes this

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
Yes many games do this I don't mind unlocking through levels though as I will be using cp on perks first anyway if this was added
PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Mr_Trapper

Mr_Trapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I go 50/50 with this, sure it would be cool to play my fave Jason as soon as possible by buying him, but on the other hand I wont really respect another player's progress as much. For example when I see a Jason that is unlocked at a high level I will think "Holy shit, screw the others I've gotta save myself!" Rather than "Meh, he just bought him" - It sort of worked like that in the beta, baghead Jason was (in my eyes) the one seasoned J-dog players used.

tumblr_o8bxu0P4qX1rkctppo1_500.gif

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I don't like paying your way for things you have to earn in-game.  That to me seems really really cheap.

The only thing cheaper is "easy fatallities" the BS which Netherrealms/WB Studios pulled off.  "20 bucks for 50 easy fatalibies" they literally have you pay to make teabagging several steps easier.  That shit is worth maybe five bucks for permanent easy fatalities.

They said they won't have many big microtransactions in the game, and I can see why; it makes the game feel like a money grab.

Beyond cosmetics, microtransactions is basically a sin.

I used to have a comic for this but I lost it so:

Early 2000s: Wow, I unlocked all the secrets in the game!

Now: Wow, I paid for all the secrets in the game!

​here is what I would do

​Just have each player select the Jason they want to start with, and have them progressively pay for each one as they go, or allow them to pick the order in which they unlock each Jason.

Or go with what we have now, and unlock each Jason as we go.

But paying for progress is kinda cheap; it nullifies the game and ultimately takes satisfaction out of leveling.  Eventually you would feel like you're not working toward anything.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
I would pay for an anti teabagging kill so fast.

Gobb

Gobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

​here is what I would do

​Just have each player select the Jason they want to start with, and have them progressively pay for each one as they go, or allow them to pick the order in which they unlock each Jason.

Or go with what we have now, and unlock each Jason as we go.

But paying for progress is kinda cheap; it nullifies the game and ultimately takes satisfaction out of leveling.  Eventually you would feel like you're not working toward anything.

The idea i had is that you start with A certain amount of Cp at the start when you get the game.

Then you can unlock whatever you want with that Cp in what ever order.

An i should have clarified that i DO NOT want this to become micro-transactions. 

You can only get Cp when you level up. 

I had another idea that people can earn cp for doing stuff in game, kind of like challenges.

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Sup forums.

How do you get cp?

Z31ZTPG.png

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

giphy.gif

Gobb

Gobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Z31ZTPG.png

Insert thing about it being sarcastic

Laphin

Laphin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

Good idea, but not one that I would use for the simple fact that some people may actually WANT to grind for Jasons and counselors.  People don't want to spend currency to unlock Jasons when they want to spend CP on perks more.  So the idea would not work.  They'd STILL essentially be grinding.

There's an example already in the game's beta, and I'm sure may carry over into the main game.  Do I buy Jason's KILLS??  Or do I buy Counselor Perks??  It's a hard decision because you want BOTH!!  They are both so tasty, but there's an odd beauty to that.  It's annoying, but it works.  You REALLY have to decide what means more to you.  It would be just plain cruel to add currency to the Jason avatars and counselors.. THEN there would be no point to Leveling Up at all.

Starting people off with 20 or 40 CP is kinda a good idea, and kinda not.. I'd prefer to leave the "Beginner" aspect out, in 'giving people a break' and let them go ahead and play straight from 0, that way you know EVERY PLAYER IN THE WORLD is starting from 0.  And that's the way it should be.. so then everyone builds their counselors and Jason's from the start ground zero with their own efforts,.. and not 'training wheels' handed to them in the beginning.  I just think it will just be more dynamic that way in watching other players grow, and personalize their counselors and Jasons.

• Davidt and ResolutionBlaze like this

Jonathan Jones | Professional Voice Talent | Voice Actor

Visit His Website  | Youtube | Let's Play Live!

"Acting is Believing" / "Stay Cool.  Stay Creative"

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
Agree with laphin
PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic