Sebcon

Injured Animations/Model

Injured Animations/Model   20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that having different animations/models for being injured would be a good idea to implement?

• Yes, sounds great!
    • No thanks.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Campers,

Something I think that would improve the game (if not already implemented) are different injured animations and models. For example, when you get injured in the last state, you start walking slowly with your hand over your shoulder. I believe that it'd make the game a lot more enjoyable if there were different stances. So if you were to step on a bear trap, you would be limping. If you were to be shot but still somehow survived, hold your stomach with one arm. 

These are just a few of my thoughts that would make the game more cinematic! Leave your comments with your thoughts on this.

~Sebcon

P.S. sorry if this is a repeated post, I didn't find anything like this.

Mr_Trapper, Sebcon, Liva and 1 other like this

A small idea with a big impact, it would help knowing what sort of Jason we are up againt, if we see a Counselor holding his arm because Jason slashed him there; I would probably assume he is just left-clicking rather than playing with his food.

Sebcon likes this

i would like to see this implemented it doesnt seem like a lot of work to add in so hopefully put in before launch day

Sebcon likes this

They'd have to make a ton of new animations for minimal gameplay impact, I'd file this under unlikely.

They'd have to make a ton of new animations for minimal gameplay impact, I'd file this under unlikely.

They could always add it onto a new patch after release. It's not necessarily needed right at launch.

Wellllllll......

Not going to lie, but that would involve spending funds on a mo-cap studio, stunt actors and other various costs involved with getting everyone to said studio...then spending the money on animation rigging, blending and touch-up work for the sake of showing another way of displayed injury. 

While that's definitely great for variety sake and immersion, it isn't too prudent for a cost-effective way to demonstrate 'injury.' Even major triple-A titles that display 'injury' to their protagonists; Tomb Raider, Fallout, Resident Evil, etc....all utilize one single 'injured' state as it is quickly and easily recognizable or a player to understand 'my character is about to die' without adding extra possible confusion that might make them think there are different levels of injury. A lot of games of course simplify through health bars or the 'blood on your face' to make it even easier to not only recognize injury, but reduce costs/time with additional animations. 

Sorry, but that just is not something that would work well with the overall experience of the game, if that makes sense? 

Agreeing with Ben, and will add: Besides the motion-capture work entailed, mechanically portraying different injuries would also involve adjusting the effectiveness of various movements.

For instance: A leg injury would visibly impair locomotion and swimming, but not (add skill checks to) repairing things; whereas an arm injury would impair swimming and (add skill checks to) repairing things, but not (noticeably) impair locomotion.

Agreeing with Ben, and will add: Besides the motion-capture work entailed, mechanically portraying different injuries would also involve adjusting the effectiveness of various movements.

For instance: A leg injury would visibly impair locomotion and swimming, but not (add skill checks to) repairing things; whereas an arm injury would impair swimming and (add skill checks to) repairing things, but not (noticeably) impair locomotion.

That's actually a really good point it wouldn't make sense if you holding your arm like it seriously hurts but then could do stuff perfectly with it when interacting with things

Unfortunately Jason doesn't specifically target body parts when he's slashing around, so it would be almost impossible to try to create a system where Jason would methodically try to injure someone for the sake of reducing their effectiveness at a particular skill. That's a very complicated system for something that in our minds wouldn't be utilized all that often. 

Jason attacking a character is meant to slow them down, sure...but they might get away for a short time. The point is that Jason will catch up and you are effectively dead-meat. This system suggested would make one believe that there was a reason Jason would take the time to injure as though he weren't able to effectively kill. Once Jason has you and has injured you, it's basically a matter of time before you've been killed. 

SHODANFreeman likes this

I think just as long as an injury is shown, as has been already put in, and effectively reduces overall character performance in all aspects, especially speed, we should be good to go. Although a hit specific locale and injury animation for it would add immersion, the resources and coding would slurp funding that could go into other areas and ultimately lead to more delay times. Future updates could add the spit to the polish, if warranted and financed through good sales (I think that is going to be a given, the hard work will definitely pay off!!! In spades!!!) ;)

I agree now with Ben! I know guys if you get hurt in the game but manage to escape? Just finish the round by playing with one hand on your gaming controller lol

Gun will release a roll off Duct Tape along with pre orders haa!!!!