Photo

Jason Is Close Music (Theme Music Depending on Jason)

harry manfredini music ost sound track laphin Jason music sfx

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Laphin

Laphin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

I talked briefly on this before, but I want to know what everyone else thinks as well, because I think it would really help out the character integrity of Jason in general and the overall atmosphere variety for the player counselors.

When things are calm, and there's no chase music, I think Map Music could change depending on the map being played, so we don't have to hear the same music over and over provided the map chosen... but what about Jason's music?

What if Jason's (alert) music, while the counselors are being chased, changes depending on the Jason that is picked?

So, in essence, Jason 2 would have his own chase music (themed to the movie he was in).  Jason 6, and so on through the years as the synths and 'sounds' change, you would get that reflection in the game by having a variety of music.  This not only helps provide variety to our ears, but also boosts the character integrity of the Jason being played.  No longer is it the same chase music slamming your ears over and over, but now it would have a foundation around the Jason that is coming for you.

Just to give a few examples of each Jason having their own sound.

Jason (Part 2) & (Part 3) | 

(these two sound similar, but I still think they should both have their OWN sound musically to separate them in-game)

(Part 3 should maybe keep the track that was in beta, while part 2 gets a whole new track)

Jason (Part 6) | (timestamp 8:25 similar music like that) | 

Jason (Part 9) | Jason Goes to Hell (below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlhUubXb_dw

It's hard to place examples because in movies the sound track is broken up to flow with what's on screen, while in a video game when you are being chased, everything is typically 100% adrenaline at all times with maybe a few seconds of hiding here and there, and so Harry's music will have to flow with the game, which is the big challenge, but definitely can be done.

I'd just love to see more musical variety with the TASTE from each film, while counselors are being chased. 

• Honkytonkgamer, Fatalfox and Gdain like this

Jonathan Jones | Professional Voice Talent | Voice Actor

Visit His Website  | Youtube | Let's Play Live!

"Acting is Believing" / "Stay Cool.  Stay Creative"

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Not a bad idea. One of the easier ones to implement if Gun hasn't already gotten on it as well. 

I have to say JgtH being a terrible movie, that music agitates me (in a good way for the intent of the game.) I'd be stressed hearing it while Jason runs me down. 

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

You forgot to add the part 7 chase theme seen here 

Would go with Part 7 Jason obviously.

• Risinggrave and Gdain like this

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

overkillexodus

overkillexodus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

ech Jasn having their own chase music sounds like a cool idea.

Ja1862

Ja1862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Great idea hope something like this will happen in the game

Mr_Trapper

Mr_Trapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Another thing a Jason player can do, is play music down his mic whilst chasing, some guy played an old western song as he was bag-head Jason, and as I watched him chasing me, his music got louder as he got closer - I was crying with laughter.

tumblr_o8bxu0P4qX1rkctppo1_500.gif

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

Would be cool but I'm guessing it will get shot down.  Licensing Ect. Unless Harry records new versions based on each one of those movies. I'm guessing he doesn't own the rights ..But maybe he does.

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Great idea!!
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

This is a good idea hearing the same music all the time jason is close will get old quick so having different music for each jason would solve that problem.

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Laphin

Laphin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Would be cool but I'm guessing it will get shot down.  Licensing Ect. Unless Harry records new versions based on each one of those movies. I'm guessing he doesn't own the rights ..But maybe he does.

It's Harry's music, so I am pretty sure he can put it in the game, as they own the license, but, I think you are assuming what I meant is that they should just put the examples I posted in the game.  I am not saying they should copy and paste music.  Absolutely not.. I think Harry should go back and re-write something fresh, with the sound of those movies, same synths, same melody.. portions could be copy and pasted, but overall, it should be new stuff, with the same vibe.  

Typically games work different from movies.  Movies are written based upon what is being seen on screen.. the game, during a chase is about 80%-100% tension, with maybe times of hiding inbetween.  So the music will, for the most part, be high adrenaline.  It would be cool if they were able to score the music to where there are 3 or 4 different varied dynamics to the chase music, depending on specific situations, you know.. like.. there could be stingers for jumping through a window (but only if Jason is close enough to you), and have it flow with everything else, so it's like this REALLY COOL moment, .. getting Jason in a trap.. having a close call, etc (all having their own stingers).  But that, I think is way too much work for the size of the development team they have now.  But with a team that could be dedicated SOLELY to the musical side of the game, these kinds of things may eventually happen, you never know!

• Honkytonkgamer and TWarner like this

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
Yes! 100% yes!!!

Fatalfox

Fatalfox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

I really like this idea!

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
I'm still utterly convinced I heard the Part V theme in the beta once. Did anyone else notice it or was/am I going clinically insane?

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?
Clinically insane for sure! Lolz
  • Splatterhouse likes this

f13sig_MC.png

Laphin

Laphin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

I'm still utterly convinced I heard the Part V theme in the beta once. Did anyone else notice it or was/am I going clinically insane?

Oh I have heard small touches from his (Jason's) general music all through the beta.

For example, when you play Jason, there's moments in there where I can hear inspiration from Part 7 when Jason is walking after the woodsman, and throws a spike in his back, albeit some beats were missing and it was written differently, but you can definitely taste that in there.. and I really like that.  I like to be able to hear the music with a new fresh TWIST on the original scores, FOR the game. :)

• CrazyRalph likes this

Gobb

Gobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

This is a fantastic idea!
different music queues for each jason kind of helps people know which jason is chasing them. If they missed the intro sequence that is.
Im kinda thinking like left 4 dead style where it will give a different audio queue when he levels up and when he uses abilities.

just my two cents on this idea.

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Oh I have heard small touches from his general music all in the beta.

For example, when you play Jason, there's moments in there where I can hear inspiration from Part 7 when Jason is walking after the woodsman, and throws a spike in his back, albeit some beats were missing and it was written differently, but you can definitely taste that in there.. and I really like that. I like to be able to hear the music with new fresh TWIST on the original scores, FOR the game. :)

I'm sure I heard the exact Part V theme playing as chase music. Haha. Ben wouldnt confirm it. Makes me think it accidentally slipped out, and they then nullified the code that executed it. I only heard it once.

Maybe CrazyRalph is right and I am going insane though haha ;)
  • CrazyRalph likes this

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

tyrant666

tyrant666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

I've mentioned this before myself.

I think each Jason should have his own chase theme music from the films if at all possible to be mixed in.

tumblr_o7jeo42lTc1u1zib8o1_400.gif

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
See everyone hates on part 5 but guess what guys part5 is awesome! Campfacer here!
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

See everyone hates on part 5 but guess what guys part5 is awesome! Campfacer here!

Has always been one of my favourites even though its not jason as the killer

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: harry manfredini, music, ost, sound track, laphin, Jason music, sfx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users