FreakyFrank1

For those who think Jason cant have new and unique designs...

50 posts in this topic

So i've noticed a few peoples saying that it might be difficult to create new and unique designs for Jason,but i on the other hand dont think so,it is still possible to think up some designs for Jason that would be new,unique and interesting,so i decided to make this topic so we could share our toughts on some concepts that linger in our minds and give opinions on them.

I know that it might be a bit too soon to talk about this since the game isnt out yet,but i want to prove to some of these peoples that originality is still a possibility,heck even Tom Savini new design as some unique traits to it,even if peoples have mixed feelings about it,like the spike on the shoulder or the charcoal black color of the whole model or the fire/lava thing going on with the eyes,mouth and wounds.

So here's a few concepts i would like to share with you guys.........

-Savage Jason (Human) : You guys remember that scene in part 2 when the characters are around the campfire and Paul start telling the legend of Jason,then Ted show up wearing furs,a mask and a tribal spear,well what if that concept had actually been used,an alternate look for Jason wich instead of wearing farmer clothes and a sack,he would be wearing clothes made of animal furs,have long and messy hairs,scars on his body and a mask made either of wood or animal head/skin,this look would perfectly fit the whole living in the woods for years as some kind of savage person.

-Winter Jason (Human) : I remember reading somewhere on internet that one of the concept for the sequel of the 2009 Remake was supposed to be set during winter,the idea of having Jason in a snowy Crystal Lake would definitely had been interesting,Jason would probably be wearing some Winter hoodie coat,winter pants,boots and gloves...so he doesnt catch a cold while killing his victims out in the cold and harsh outdoor.

-Swamp Jason (Undead) : So like the name suggest,this is a undead Jason but with a more swampy look to him,a lot more green+brown colored due to all that green swamp water and swamp mud,also some water weed/plants+grass covering and growing on his body,it's basically the swamp monster version of Jason.

-Toxic/Acid Jason (Human or Zombie) : What if Jason fell in a pool of toxic waste ? You would have a Jason wich appearance would look a bit more mutant like and have fluorescent green or purple colored toxic goo coming out of him.

So what do you guys think ? Share your ideas too.

BlackWidowofLaPorte likes this

Nice ideas, got a lot of variation, the best bit is that each Jason is unique enough to have his own set of executions which is always a good thing.

Off the top of my head, the only thing I can imagine is maybe Jason from the past? Like the medieval era for example? He could drag a bastard sword with scraps of armour on his body, and his face is covered by a helmet that is damaged so you can see one eye.

Kind of like Robert Strong from Game of Thrones.

I don't expect anything of the kind to come to life though. :)

Nice ideas, got a lot of variation, the best bit is that each Jason is unique enough to have his own set of executions which is always a good thing.

Off the top of my head, the only thing I can imagine is maybe Jason from the past? Like the medieval era for example? He could drag a bastard sword with scraps of armour on his body, and his face is covered by a helmet that is damaged so you can see one eye.

Kind of like Robert Strong from Game of Thrones.

I don't expect anything of the kind to come to life though. :)

Yeah i also tought about adding a 'medieval Jason' but then i wondered if it would actually be possible to fit him in a more modern era wich the game take place in.

It could be a possibility,but that skin would be more considered like a 'out of the box' kind of idea.

But that would be a really interesting look for Jason.

Ghost Jason. Semi Transparent. Slight ethereal glow. Slowly walks through doors/walls (for game balance) without breaking them. Don't even think of going into the water. That's where his power lies. 

Maybe a Jason who uses the remains of the chain noose as a weapon. Get yanked into a machete thrust. 

Jason after the events of x where he's using a half burnt uber metal face as his mask (idk how he wouldve come back but bear with me) and he has sorta more i wouldnt say futuristic clothes but clean new looking clothes with the half melted uber mask

Summer Jason. Board shorts and vest with beach towel whip and surfboard kill.

Jason wearing board shorts? Nope I can't see him doing that

Jason wearing board shorts? Nope I can't see him doing that

True. Crystal Lake will likely still be cold in early New Jersey summer. Knee cut Wetsuit Jason!

True. Crystal Lake will likely still be cold in early New Jersey summer. Knee cut Wetsuit Jason!

Jason is always in long pants so seeing him in shorts would seem weird, it would be easier to chase people in shorts though.

So i've noticed a few peoples saying that it might be difficult to create new and unique designs for Jason,but i on the other hand dont think so,it is still possible to think up some designs for Jason that would be new,unique and interesting,so i decided to make this topic so we could share our toughts on some concepts that linger in our minds and give opinions on them.

I know that it might be a bit too soon to talk about this since the game isnt out yet,but i want to prove to some of these peoples that originality is still a possibility,heck even Tom Savini new design as some unique traits to it,even if peoples have mixed feelings about it,like the spike on the shoulder or the charcoal black color of the whole model or the fire/lava thing going on with the eyes,mouth and wounds.

So here's a few concepts i would like to share with you guys.........

-Savage Jason (Human) : You guys remember that scene in part 2 when the characters are around the campfire and Paul start telling the legend of Jason,then Ted show up wearing furs,a mask and a tribal spear,well what if that concept had actually been used,an alternate look for Jason wich instead of wearing farmer clothes and a sack,he would be wearing clothes made of animal furs,have long and messy hairs,scars on his body and a mask made either of wood or animal head/skin,this look would perfectly fit the whole living in the woods for years as some kind of savage person.

-Winter Jason (Human) : I remember reading somewhere on internet that one of the concept for the sequel of the 2009 Remake was supposed to be set during winter,the idea of having Jason in a snowy Crystal Lake would definitely had been interesting,Jason would probably be wearing some Winter hoodie coat,winter pants,boots and gloves...so he doesnt catch a cold while killing his victims out in the cold and harsh outdoor.

-Swamp Jason (Undead) : So like the name suggest,this is a undead Jason but with a more swampy look to him,a lot more green+brown colored due to all that green swamp water and swamp mud,also some water weed/plants+grass covering and growing on his body,it's basically the swamp monster version of Jason.

-Toxic/Acid Jason (Human or Zombie) : What if Jason fell in a pool of toxic waste ? You would have a Jason wich appearance would look a bit more mutant like and have fluorescent green or purple colored toxic goo coming out of him.

So what do you guys think ? Share your ideas too.

I'm not against new designs but I feel like a broken record saying I'd like to see the remaining available Jasons before any more original designs. My hope is we even see something like NES Jason make it into the game.

I would like to see a "Battle Damage Jason" with every single wound and mark on his mask he received in all of the films (minus the remake).

Of course the remaining Jason + Roy need to be added firstly before we start seeing any new concepts,but this topic was made to serve as a reminder that it is still possible to create new designs for Jason.

I saw a few peoples on the forums and elsewhere on internet that think that making new looks for Jason wont be easy,but i want to show them it's not as difficult as they think it is.

Of course the remaining Jason + Roy need to be added firstly before we start seeing any new concepts,but this topic was made to serve as a reminder that it is still possible to create new designs for Jason.

I saw a few peoples on the forums and elsewhere on internet that think that making new looks for Jason wont be easy,but i want to show them it's not as difficult as they think it is.

That makes sense, I got it now. Thanks.

This is not a Darrin Howard topic,could you guys stay serious please.

The thread is discussing conceptual ideas for a schizophrenic zombie man that murders indiscriminately, can't be killed, and has been to space. Is seriousness really needed?  :lol:  ;):lol:

CrazyRalph likes this

Winter Jason is definitely something i would like to see, killing in winter conditions and wearing winter clothes

Jason after the events of x where he's using a half burnt uber metal face as his mask (idk how he wouldve come back but bear with me) and he has sorta more i wouldnt say futuristic clothes but clean new looking clothes with the half melted uber mask

The only way this would fit storywise would be if, and I mean a BIG if, it could be accepted that enough of Jason's body survived re-entry as well as enough of the nanobots not short-circuit from the heat. IF that were to happen he'd just become the horror version of a mix between Wolverine, the Juggernaut, and Deadpool with the ability to go on without breathing - Immortal. Invulnerable to damage. Cannot be stunned. Cannot break his grip. Able to catch up to Vanessa without breaking a sweat. His only downfall would be slowdown in water.

Responding to the original post:

It isn't that it is hard to make the skins. That's​ actually the easy part. What's hard is making it work for the game. If you actually pay attention each Jason is set up with its own set of mechanics that allow them to exist in the game as individuals rather than just one character with different outfits.

The only way this would fit storywise would be if, and I mean a BIG if, it could be accepted that enough of Jason's body survived re-entry as well as enough of the nanobots not short-circuit from the heat. IF that were to happen he'd just become the horror version of a mix between Wolverine, the Juggernaut, and Deadpool with the ability to go on without breathing - Immortal. Invulnerable to damage. Cannot be stunned. Cannot break his grip. Able to catch up to Vanessa without breaking a sweat. His only downfall would be slowdown in water.

Responding to the original post:

It isn't that it is hard to make the skins. That's​ actually the easy part. What's hard is making it work for the game. If you actually pay attention each Jason is set up with its own set of mechanics that allow them to exist in the game as individuals rather than just one character with different outfits.

well jason always seems to find ways to come back so i dont see why after x couldnt be a thing

One thing I really liked that even the concepts of Jason they talked about during the panel and the Tom Savini Jason fit into the story line at some point. Like the Savini Jason is his imagining of what would have happened if the movies didn't just bring him back with no explanation what so ever like they did. I really like how the movies showed how Jason progressively got more and more different as the movies went on and because of what happened in previous movie (axe chop in his mask, zombie deterioration, chains) and I liked how even their other concepts for Jason still fit inside the chronology of the movies at some point (teenage Jason, Jason wearing his mother's scarf) and even though those designs didn't end up working for them I hope they stick to stuff like that because it stays true to the character and shows him all through out his life and story and makes him that much more fleshed out as a character

Im bumping this topic so that the other topic made by Thatdudescott (the one called 'create a jason') doesnt replace this one,if you want to talk about new Jason design concept,post here instead.