58 replies to this topic

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Pretty much Marvel is in the equivalent of JgtH quality. At least the movies are on the ball. 

This is where we are totally different consumers, and that's okay.  Cause I love Jason Goes To Hell:  The Final Friday.  I love it for the vary reason that it's completely different.  Nothing wrong with that.  I totally see your point to and can respect it.

Thanks for completely ignoring the point I was making.  I'm tired of Canada making stupid legislature but they can't stop doing that either.

Ha ha ha ha.   You only wish you were Canadian.  I am truly sorry for completely missing the point you were trying to make.  Maybe...just maybe next time try posting without using the words "Fake News" and then maybe somebody outside of Trump's "Sphere of Influence" will take your post seriously.

"..... I decided to at least try it and the glitches are not as pronounced as some might have you believe. There is some odd dialog and even odder choices for voice actors but that I can live with...."

That's one of the things I'm going to enjoy about the game.  Is the odd dialog and weird facial expressions.  To me it will be like I'm relieving my youth in watching old Godzilla movies.   :D   Ha ha ha.

"Friday the 13th would be a lot more frightening if Jason chased you down in a big SUV and made you pay to fill it up with gas."

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationU.S.

This is where we are totally different consumers, and that's okay.  Cause I love Jason Goes To Hell:  The Final Friday.  I love it for the vary reason that it's completely different.  Nothing wrong with that.  I totally see your point to and can respect it.

You know what? If JgtH was just a vanilla horror film and not an F13 film, I might actually like it. One of our big issues was it was the first time we got to see one without parental supervision and after a badass opening sequence, it shifted into something else.  Our expectation was a fun dumb F13 film, short on plot, long on kills. 

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

This is where we are totally different consumers, and that's okay. Cause I love Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday. I love it for the vary reason that it's completely different. Nothing wrong with that. I totally see your point to and can respect it.

Ha ha ha ha. You only wish you were Canadian. I am truly sorry for completely missing the point you were trying to make. Maybe...just maybe next time try posting without using the words "Fake News" and then maybe somebody outside of Trump's "Sphere of Influence" will take your post seriously.

"..... I decided to at least try it and the glitches are not as pronounced as some might have you believe. There is some odd dialog and even odder choices for voice actors but that I can live with...."

That's one of the things I'm going to enjoy about the game. Is the odd dialog and weird facial expressions. To me it will be like I'm relieving my youth in watching old Godzilla movies. :D Ha ha ha.

I wasn't aware using a particular set of words would cause so much uproar from you, I'm truly sorry you can't see the bigger picture of things and, y'know, not care about my personal lexicon?

But I digress. If you wanna talk politics PM me. Not here.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationCANADA

You know what? If JgtH was just a vanilla horror film and not an F13 film, I might actually like it. One of our big issues was it was the first time we got to see one without parental supervision and after a badass opening sequence, it shifted into something else.  Our expectation was a fun dumb F13 film, short on plot, long on kills. 

I hear that a lot actually from other Jason fans.  So I can respect that.  It actually comes up a lot in the Crystal Lakes documentary film as well.  I guess I can agree to the reason that was given by the director or screen writer in the film (Documentary).    They give us Jason in all his badassness (I think I just made a new word  lol  ) and they blow the sh*t out of him.  Then the the next hour we are left wanting more and are given this plot (good or bad) on how he's managed to live all these other 8 times as well as (good or bad once again) how he/it keeps coming back to life.  Then when he does come back where (suppose to anyway) be happy cause "he's back baby"!  I think it was a great attempt but the wrong audience to use it on.

Like you said, F13th fans for the most part just want the basic formula.  They skipped that formula for Jason goes to Hell, Jason X.  The rebooted movie also took the basic formula and tried to update it and it was horrible too.  Long story short, I totally see where your coming from. 

I wasn't aware using a particular set of words would cause so much uproar from you.

But I digress. If you wanna talk politics PM me. Not here.

You're not aware? Come on Blaze, I don't buy that one bit.   Without trying to look like I want to talk about politics, I hope I can safely say that if you have no idea what's going on in your own country at this moment of history then please feel more sorry for yourself then me.

Also, as much fun as it would be, I decline your invitation to PM you.  Thanks.  

• Risinggrave likes this
"Friday the 13th would be a lot more frightening if Jason chased you down in a big SUV and made you pay to fill it up with gas."

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I hear that a lot actually from other Jason fans.  So I can respect that.  It actually comes up a lot in the Crystal Lakes documentary film as well.  I guess I can agree to the reason that was given by the director or screen writer in the film (Documentary).    They give us Jason in all his badassness (I think I just made a new word  lol  ) and they blow the sh*t out of him.  Then the the next hour we are left wanting more and are given this plot (good or bad) on how he's managed to live all these other 8 times as well as (good or bad once again) how he/it keeps coming back to life.  Then when he does come back where (suppose to anyway) be happy cause "he's back baby"!  I think it was a great attempt but the wrong audience to use it on.

Like you said, F13th fans for the most part just want the basic formula.  They skipped that formula for Jason goes to Hell, Jason X.  The rebooted movie also took the basic formula and tried to update it and it was horrible too.  Long story short, I totally see where your coming from. 

You're not aware? Come on Blaze, I don't buy that one bit.   Without trying to look like I want to talk about politics, I hope I can safely say that if you have no idea what's going on in your own country at this moment of history then please feel more sorry for yourself then me.

Also, as much fun as it would be, I decline your invitation to PM you.  Thanks.  

Yes, I know the term was coined by Trump.

No, I don't care that it was coined by Trump.  Nobody here but you made a big deal out of the phrase, thus devolving to this point.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Nobody here but you made a big deal out of the phrase, thus devolving to this point.

You know what happens to people who assume things.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

You know what happens to people who assume things.

I'm done with this conversation.  It shouldn't have been an issue to start with.

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationCANADA

I'm done with this conversation.  It shouldn't have been an issue to start with.

That's the best idea I've heard from you yet!  :D

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

That's the best idea I've heard from you yet!   :D

Seriously, what is your problem?

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Yes, I know the term was coined by Trump.

No, I don't care that it was coined by Trump.  Nobody here but you made a big deal out of the phrase, thus devolving to this point.

Actually it was a term made up by the democrats after HRC lost the election. It was than promoted for a while by the Demos trying to use it as a scape goat for her failure and obfuscate from the real reasons that she lost.

Unfortunately that backfired in a big way, as trump thought that discrediting the media utilizing this already established non problem was an AMAZING idea and adopted the phrase. Demos laid the ground work and fucked themselves with it. /end political BS.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

As for Andromeda. Most everything ive watched, stream review or otherwise has basically said something along the lines of... its not horrible, its just not amazing.

It utilizes the now over used detective mode mechanic in a boring and uncreative way, the planet roaming is alright, but the story is a clusterfuck. Apparently the one real saving grace is the combat, its looks fun.

Everything else.. not so much. Is it bad imo? Nah theirs worse games to gripe about... but its not winning any rewards.

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationU.S.

but its not winning any rewards.

And with the title "Mass Effect", that means failure. 

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Actually, the concept of "fake news" was made up by Germany, and heavily used by the Nazis, but they called it lügenpresse (lying press).  Further, do people legitimately support Trump?  I can't imagine a world in which anything that unhinged narcissistic sociopath says can be taken seriously.

On topic: I'm a few hours into Andromeda and so far I have no idea what everyone is shouting about.  The game's fine so far.  Animations aren't perfect, but I've played video games since they consisted of beeping squares, so I couldn't really care less about that.

• SCREWNUT likes this

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Actually, the concept of "fake news" was made up by Germany, and heavily used by the Nazis, but they called it lügenpresse (lying press). Further, do people legitimately support Trump? I can't imagine a world in which anything that unhinged narcissistic sociopath says can be taken seriously.

On topic: I'm a few hours into Andromeda and so far I have no idea what everyone is shouting about. The game's fine so far. Animations aren't perfect, but I've played video games since they consisted of beeping squares, so I couldn't really care less about that.

I hope you're not inducing a "Hitler Ate Sugar" Fallacy on us.

If you don't know what that is, lemme explain:

Hitler Ate Sugar is a logical fallacy.  The fallacy consists of making a comparison to Hitler based on the action of something or someone else, basing that as a grounds in which to call them evil.

Nazis/Hitler did (X)

Because they did (X), (X) is clearly an evil or incorrect action.

Hitler liked dogs.  Because Hitler liked dogs, liking dogs is evil/incorrect.

Nazis dubbed "fake news".  Because they used the term, using the term in any context is evil/incorrect.

Nazis used gun control.  Because they used some form of gun control, any form of gun control is evil/incorrect'

Nazis were nationalists.  Because they used nationalism, any form of nationalism is evil/incorrect

Just a few examples.  If you used said fallacy, then please avoid doing so again.  It makes for poor debates.

Either way, politics are against the rules, and we asked to drop it two to three times.

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Hitler and his Nazis also ate sugar.

Sugar is thus evil.

The entire point of lügenpresse/fake news is to discredit the media in order to misinform the people yourself, because once you've convinced your followers that the media is untrustworthy, you can spin whatever cover stories you want and they'll eat it up.  I also never said "Trump is Hitler," but it's factual that Germany originated this method of politics, and it greatly enabled Hitler to do what he did.

Another key difference: when talk of fake news after the election began, it was literally talking about articles that were complete lies that got traction on social media despite having zero truth to them.  Trump just calls anything that he disagrees with or makes him look bad "fake news."

• SHODANFreeman and SCREWNUT like this

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

The entire point of lügenpresse/fake news is to discredit the media in order to misinform the people yourself, because once you've convinced your followers that the media is untrustworthy, you can spin whatever cover stories you want and they'll eat it up.  I also never said "Trump is Hitler," but it's factual that Germany originated this method of politics, and it greatly enabled Hitler to do what he did.

Another key difference: when talk of fake news after the election began, it was literally talking about articles that were complete lies that got traction on social media despite having zero truth to them.  Trump just calls anything that he disagrees with or makes him look bad "fake news."

I've edited my posts.

But the media has proven themselves untrustworthy on many occasions.  You don't have to trust them just because Trump doesn't.  That'd be another logical fallacy.

I definitely think Trump over-dramatizes the Fake News portion of things but that doesn't make what he says incorrect by any means.  I dubbed the term originally because the news was practically fake; it served to push an agenda, not simply inform.  "Gamers are misogynists for not liking this game" is not my idea of trustworthiness.

But again, politics don't belong here.  PM if you want more.

I can understand what you're saying; giving the press no power is dangerous.  But I highly doubt Trump would ever do anything horrendous.  His suppression of the Media is not unwarranted; in case you haven't noticed, many of the news stations were way leaning toward Hillary through almost all the election.

So yeah, I firmly believe that the media deserved a spanking and I enjoyed watching them squirm even if Trump wasn't my number one choice.

I dubbed Fake News because I want to challenge our informants to higher standards, without political agenda.

I want to hold media and other informational programs to a standard, and become trustworthy again.  Because as of now, I don't trust a bone in most of their bodies.  That's why I go to multiple independent sources and such, and cross-compare data, and try my best to learn and understand logic and logical fallacies.  So I can put the media to the test.  Not because I want to censor them.  Because I want them free of ideology.

The Media is our number one source of information now days.  If we can't trust that, who can we trust but ourselves?

If you wanna respond: PM ME!  None of this belongs here.  But I'm more than willing to have a civil discussion about it.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I'm sending Jpops our way to fix this political shitstorm.

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationU.S.

I'm sending Jpops our way to fix this political shitstorm.

Why? You could just fix it yourself. If the other guy responds, and not in a PM as you've asked, simply don't engage. Simple as that. 

• SCREWNUT likes this

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Why? You could just fix it yourself. If the other guy responds, and not in a PM as you've asked, simply don't engage. Simple as that. 

He can't help himself.  He likes the attention too much!  :D

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,932 posts
Please read the rules referring to the off topic sections and refrain from politics as they most times become heated. Now back on to the topic at hand.

http://forum.f13game...ations/#entry14

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users