78 replies to this topic

Riskman2982

Riskman2982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Hello,

I did a search for "andromeda" but got no results pertaining to a topic about this game, so I figured I'd start one.

So, after Mass Effect 3's ending broke my heart, I'm cautious about how this new story arc will treat me. Because of this, I'm not sure if I will be picking up the game or not, as I have heard a lot of negatives already from reviewers but I'm one that likes to try things myself or talk to fellow gamers, not reviewers, on their opinion of a game.

What do you guys all think about ME:A? Does it look appealing at all?

Honestly...if they have Liara or Tali in it, I'll likely pick it up at some point in the future but is it a "killer app"?

Steam User Name: Riskman2982

Mr_Trapper

Mr_Trapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Chances are, no characters from the previous trilogy of games will come into play, because the timelines and characters are different that if any of them were still alive; they'd have no reason to meet up as far as I can tell.

If you were like me and had a Shep that lived; it does not matter since we will not be seeing him either. 

The game looks good, but part of the reason I loved the first 3 games was because I carried my own Shepard through all the games, he had his own look I gave him and relationships I made for him. The pre-made man/woman in the next game has sort of taken it away for me, so I don't think I will be getting it.

Either way, I am sure it will be a good game with a very immersive story mode, however it isn't something I want to spend money on.

tumblr_o8bxu0P4qX1rkctppo1_500.gif

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Preordered a while ago as I'm a fan of the ME universe. 3 left a foul taste in a many a mouths, but I'll give the new one a shot. Hopefully they can get back to some fun and entertaining story and gameplay. It's the first of my Big 3 list of games to release this year.

I'm downloading the trial now to give it a whirl while I wait as I have Origin Access and you get 10 free hours through the vault. So we'll see how the initial impressions go.

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,940 posts
I own 1-3 I admit I have never played any of them :/ I keep telling myself that one day I will get to them. Lol
  • Riskman2982 likes this

Posted Image

Mr_Trapper

Mr_Trapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Preordered a while ago as I'm a fan of the ME universe. 3 left a foul taste in a many a mouths, but I'll give the new one a shot. Hopefully they can get back to some fun and entertaining story and gameplay. It's the first of my Big 3 list of games to release this year.

I'm downloading the trial now to give it a whirl while I wait as I have Origin Access and you get 10 free hours through the vault. So we'll see how the initial impressions go.

Alot of people had a problem with 3's ending, but after the DLC I have to admit that I was happy about it, I forged my own path and imagined what happened to my Shepard with the bread crumbs they leave, being a renegade Shepard that woke up, I just assumed he lived, and probably decided he was ready to retire and live quietly for the rest of his life.

I own 1-3 I admit I have never played any of them :/ I keep telling myself that one day I will get to them. Lol

you'll probably love it when you get into it, it's like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, you've gotta watch a few episodes before you binge watch it. 

• SHODANFreeman likes this

tumblr_o8bxu0P4qX1rkctppo1_500.gif

Riskman2982

Riskman2982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
I appreciate the various opinions expressed here.

The only reason I mention Liara or Tali is because I know Arasi live for 1,000 years. I do not know how far into the timeline Andromeda takes place, nor do I know a Quarian life-span.

JPops, if you are open to it, I highly suggest you play them! The 3rd's ending is...a little rough...but they did try to release a ending cut that made up for it.
Steam User Name: Riskman2982

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

The game looks awful, do not buy it.

There are various glitches, the graphics looks like everyone is smothered in butter and mo-cap/facial animation is poorly executed.

They present graphical errors and mistakes for all to see...  In one an Asari clearly holds her blaster BACKWARDS.

Not to mention dialogue delivery is a joke.

"My face is tired"

• Mark K and bewareofbears like this

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationCANADA

I'm excited for it.  But I'm going to wait for a sale before I grab it.  I've beaten all the others and had all my team members survive the suicide mission in part 2 (first try!).    

"Friday the 13th would be a lot more frightening if Jason chased you down in a big SUV and made you pay to fill it up with gas."

Alexel

Alexel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

There are various glitches, the graphics looks like everyone is smothered in butter and mo-cap/facial animation is poorly executed.

They present graphical errors and mistakes for all to see...  In one an Asari clearly holds her blaster BACKWARDS.

https://www.youtube....h?v=m9r0P6-qziY

https://www.youtube....h?v=5b6qH48bslA

"My face is tired"

It's EA!
  • SCREWNUT, ResolutionBlaze and bewareofbears like this

l3q2vCa7u0C6Dmn8Q.gif

We don't have to talk, we don't have to dance, we don't have to smile, we dont have to make friends.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

It's EA!

My face is tired of EA.

• DialM likes this

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Beware!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

https://www.youtube....h?v=m9r0P6-qziY

https://www.youtube....h?v=5b6qH48bslA

"My face is tired"

That first video is hilarious.

I would say it's no big deal because it's just dialogue/cinematics and not gameplay but so much of Mass Effect is dialogue and cinematics. I don't play the games but this would be a deal breaker for me.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

I don't support game franchises that go WAY off course until they can prove to me that they learned from their mistakes....

I haven't played Resident evil since RE5. I may give it a shot again.I hear good things about the new one.

I WONT be buying any more Fallout / Elder Scroll games until they go back to being RPGs....

And I haven't played a mass effect game past number 2 for similar reasons... It quit being a tactical RPG first and went to being an action game first and foremost. And ive seen number 3 played... that game was bad.... LIKE REALLY bad...

So i'm not even paying attention to the new one... Im just going to assume its an object failure.

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Just found out that there are NO Caucasian presets in the games customization.

None.  Zero.

The Social Justice is real.

You also can't make your character pasty white.  So every character you make looks like some form of mixed race.

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Funny video relating to this game
  • Nothingface likes this
PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

some of the glitches on Andromeda...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2gsGFOmTY

And from what i've heard,the devs are not planing any patch to fix these for the moment.

................................................................................................

So i digged a bit deeper in the internet and found more about Andromeda...

https://www.thesun.c...rre-sexism-row/

Seems there's something going on with the characters faces and the gaming community are wondering what's going on.

And here's someone attempt at making the game model look more like the actual person it was based on...

https://i.redd.it/jfv3gex5n3fy.jpg

Im not done yet...there's more,may i present you Manveer Heir,a racist dev working at Bioware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vOebv2_hH8

So yeah,something is going on at Bioware lately.

• Mark K and Liva like this

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I played the trial for a couple hours, and I don't really get why people are exaggerating tiny crap to such an extent.  The game seems fine.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I played the trial for a couple hours, and I don't really get why people are exaggerating tiny crap to such an extent.  The game seems fine.

Models and facial animation is downright ugly.

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Models and facial animation is downright ugly.

I didn't notice any major jarring issues in the time I played.  Seems like a mountain out of a molehill to me.

Plox

Plox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

F13 has much better animations than ME:A and such a smaller budget. Kinda embarrassing.

When I watch other people play it, the crappy animations are really obvious and take me out of the immersion.

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

I played ME1-3 to death. Like, 100% achievements on each, multiple playthroughs and a ridiculously embarrassing 700+ hours on the ME3 multiplayer (loved the hell out of that).

http://n7hq.masseffe...7&platform=xbox

But Andromeda...? Man, I'm really cold for it.

it feels like a bit too long. I did Mass Effect, did it huge, but I closed the book there. I've found it very hard to get engaged with going back again, knowing that Shep and that whole little sphere of influence is gone. The unfortunate memetic status of the facial animation is certainly a bad thing but I've heard other things with the mechanics and dialogue and story flow that give me pause as well. It sounds like a decent game, but 'decent' isn't up the previous standard, really.

And more in general, I just can't get mentally back on board with it.

Going to give it a lot more time. Maybe revisit by the end of the year. See where it stands with DLC and patches and content and so on, see where things are moving for a sequel.

But it probably does say a lot that a ME player like me is so cool for Andromeda. I feel I'm hardly alone.

• Risinggrave likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users