31 replies to this topic

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationU.S.

was going to like that post but it said i reached my quota of positive likes for the day lol

But agree, feed the machete :)

That happens to me on a nearly daily basis. I have to come to threads a day later to catch up. 

It's a vicious cycle.

• Poetic_Injustice likes this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
@plox Well u have to think...more kills that are not in the game cost money...alot. They have to mocap them, put into game, make sure it works like doesnt clip or look awkward or bug out, etc. Code it...thats not easy and people dont work for free. We want it...but theyre not running a charity house. We should have to pay something for an expansion if we want it...my opinion.
  • Risinggrave likes this

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Disclaimer: before any of you "few" debbie downer go against gang, which i will refer to as DDGA gang/troll from now on pop in here, if u cant contribute positively or dont like it, just exit please. This is just an idea for future DLC.

Its simple, if game has success in sales, perhaps one thing they could do is release patches for that would allow these "DLC kill packs" to work on the system. Basically its a DLC that has like maybe 5 new kills for the jason models OR a exclusive kill set for a particular Jason Model. Like 3 new kills for say, "final chapter" jason, which could include like bonesaw cut and neck twist, pitchfork pin to the wall, corkscrew drill and cleaver combo kill. BTW on the subject, the could release "weapon DLC" also, such as bonesaw, cleaver, harpoon, speargun, beltstrap, etc as 1 weapon DLCs to go along with the killpacks. Just a thought.

I'd prefer just having additional kills be free, and weapons be DLC alongside with their kills and such.

I don't want this game to be micro-transactions galore.  Counselor cloths and weapons should cover a lot, Jason skins too.  Gotta balance that out with free updates, hence one reason why I am against DLC maps you must pay for.  Gotta have our doses of free as well as the potential to pay for more experiences.

• thatdudescott and The Preppy Guy like this

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
I understand your stance with the free maps and i agree on that. Honestly everything should be free. But realistically...they wont be. Someone has to get paid to produce more content. I cant be mad at that either.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I understand your stance with the free maps and i agree on that. Honestly everything should be free. But realistically...they wont be. Someone has to get paid to produce more content. I cant be mad at that either.

I get that.  Money needs to be made.  Things need value.

I'm just requesting a balance, and I think weapons w/ kills and cosmetics are good enough for now.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Yeah im just speaking from the perspective of someone who produces things for the public. Materials cost money. Also time and skill go unpaid for alot of the time...often you end up feeling like a slave for your craft. So i can relate to anyone who wants to be compensated for badass work

The Preppy Guy

The Preppy Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationOregon

oh yeah that's true i was just thinking about jason pulling it out like in part six and not just punching through his chest. :)

He does pull it out, its kinda dark so its a little hard to see but he definitely grabs it as he punches then pulls it back through his chest.

• Poetic_Injustice likes this
PSN: RedPanda2202
Email: RedPanda2202@gmail.com

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I wouldn't mind DLC for Jason using some noncannonical weapons or lesser used ones.  Gives good oppertunities for more kills.

In fact that's what I'm most excited for.  Seeing all the weapons I can use as Jason <3

Poetic_Injustice

Poetic_Injustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCanada, EH?

He does pull it out, its kinda dark so its a little hard to see but he definitely grabs it as he punches then pulls it back through his chest.

i went and rewatched it and he used his fist and punches straight through, he doesn't grab the heart.

Plox

Plox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

I was just saying what I personally would spend money on. If they want to make kill packs and charge money for them, go for it.

There is a business strategy involved to releasing free updates though. You give your game staying power when you release free community updates. The longer the game is "alive" and the more you make your fan base happy, the larger your fan base grows and the longer they play, and the more money you make in return.

Imagine if Diablo 2 decided to charge a small sum of money for each one of their updates throughout the years. Tons of people would not have been happy with that, and they wouldn't have bought those updates, and the game would not have the incredibly long life that it did. By releasing free updates they prolonged the lifespan of the game.

And you can always throw a bunch of updates into an expansion pack or something. I'd pay $20 for an expansion pack. A bunch of 2$ DLCs comes off as toxic, imo.

• CrazyRalph and Risinggrave like this

GrifterWolf

GrifterWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationColorado
I am sure it would be something they could consider after the game is released. So far though right now everything dlc is coming through backer-only and won't be available after game launch. The ideas of kill and weapons being purchasable will need a lot of man hours to develop and motion capture and they still have the single-player mode to finish developing after the game goes live. Epic idea but it will probably be like a year or two down the line I'm sure.

tumblr_inline_nvzdfeDG951r5ight_500.gif

"Let the Beast Rise from Within"

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationU.S.

I am sure it would be something they could consider after the game is released. So far though right now everything dlc is coming through backer-only and won't be available after game launch. The ideas of kill and weapons being purchasable will need a lot of man hours to develop and motion capture and they still have the single-player mode to finish developing after the game goes live. Epic idea but it will probably be like a year or two down the line I'm sure.

I still plan to be playing then. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users