Future Jason Picks

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,933 posts
There are plans to support the game post launch in terms of DLC however it is not something being discussed at the moment as the focus right now is the games release. That is a discussion a little way down the road.

Posted Image

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

There are plans to support the game post launch in terms of DLC however it is not something being discussed at the moment as the focus right now is the games release. That is a discussion a little way down the road.

My only hope is that the DLC will be fairly priced. It would be a shame to divide the community into "who has what".

I think the best way would be to launch a series of "packs". TFC pack with TFC Jason and the lake resort from TFC (or the hospital to mix it up a bit, not to mention a scary location), JTM pack with Lazarus and Manhattan maps, Part V pack with Roy and the Institute, Farm and end barn, JGTH pack with Police Station, Diner, small tent camp area, main street and Voorhees house etc. It'll be a license to print money for the developers if done that way. I would certainly buy all of them, as I know others would. It's when developers start releasing stand alone skins, maps, weapons etc is when communities seem to get divided - thus ending the game's lifespan earlier.

I think the DLC will be a lot of fun for the dev's to work on. They'll know what really works, they'll know their game is already a huge success, they'll know what we want in DLC - I think the DLC could be really special. 

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
Think they will have Jason X and Uber Jason, and Part 4 Jason.

Don't think they should touch part 5 unless they do him right.

I'd also love to see a couple Manhattan maps, maybe a couple different locations.

For sure one has to be an empty abandoned city section, maybe a sewer.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

I'd also love to see a couple Manhattan maps, maybe a couple different locations.

Not too bothered about Roy myself...but would like the locale from the movies if they're going to churn these out, as I hope they will. I want as many locations as possible - as when the developers eventually move on to another project, this is all we may get for the next I don't know how many years.

Yep, think an abandoned city section (let's face it, the back alleyway part of Manhattan in the film was abandoned apart from two gang bangers and a cop) with sewer would be perfect. Think they can incorporate most of whats already there in the game into that map i.e. toilet drown becomes garbage can full of waste drown etc Maybe the cop from Part VIII is already brutally murdered and you have to find the parts for the Cop Car to escape. Maybe the burning cop car (from the movie) has already crashed when you start the map and is blocking the only alley route out of the city section. Thus, making the escape restriction plausible. Likewise, boat escape from the port along the Hudson River, instead of lake escape. Maybe the radio finds "Julius" who you were separated from before the map starts. He joins you at your location, and has superior stats (he did lay into Jason for a good minute and did want to take the fight to him). Has memorable clothing, so would stand out in the map as a memorable character to play as, and survive with. They can use a lot of what they already have.

Personally not bothered about Jason in Space. The movie is universally loathed by most, and I've played Dead Space, Alien Isolation and so many other survival horror space games a thousand times - it would all feel too "old hat" for me. Although if it's "that or nothing"...yeah I'd still buy it. :) I'm a completest. :)

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

My only hope is that the DLC will be fairly priced. It would be a shame to divide the community into "who has what".

I think the best way would be to launch a series of "packs". TFC pack with TFC Jason and the lake resort from TFC (or the hospital to mix it up a bit, not to mention a scary location), JTM pack with Lazarus and Manhattan maps, Part V pack with Roy and the Institute, Farm and end barn, JGTH pack with Police Station, Diner, small tent camp area, main street and Voorhees house etc. It'll be a license to print money for the developers if done that way. I would certainly buy all of them, as I know others would. It's when developers start releasing stand alone skins, maps, weapons etc is when communities seem to get divided - thus ending the game's lifespan earlier.

I think the DLC will be a lot of fun for the dev's to work on. They'll know what really works, they'll know their game is already a huge success, they'll know what we want in DLC - I think the DLC could be really special. 

No packs please.

I do not want a SINGLE map to be payable.  Jason models and cosmetics I'm all for, hell, even WEAPONS I'm willing to pay for.  Not maps.

It would basically be "I'm going to have you pay to NOT play with your friends."

No map packs.  They divide the playerbase far more.  Single payments for things that don't divide the playerbase is fine.  I don't see how that would ever divide the playerbase unless you are dead-set on making people pay for maps.  If you don't have pay for maps, you're golden, don't even have to worry about it.

But paying for maps would murder this game.  Especially considering there are only three, and "competition" like Dead By Daylight hand those out for free, albeit simple and small ones.

Last Year isn't going to be far behind F13th.  I wish both games luck but no doubt there will be competition for those who did not break for F13th.

Skins, Jasons, and Jason weapons will do well.  Making others pay for maps will kill it.  Introducing them only in packs will assure this game's destruction.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

Yeah,i have to agree with the whole map packs will divide the playerbase.

I know because the Call of Duty franchise use that sort of thing.

Most COD games have 4 map packs,they each cost like 15$ and depending on wich packs you downloaded you will get to play only with the peoples who have the same packs as you.

Exemple,if i buy all 4 packs i get to play only with those who also have all 4 packs,i cant play with those who have some or none of the packs unless they are on my friend list,so if someone who has no friends playing COD and that the playerbase for those that have no dlc packs is higher than those who do have the packs,then i'll have to delete the game datas and re-install it and not download the packs,if i want to play with those who dont have the packs.

So yeah,it's gonna be a mess.

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

Redcat345

Redcat345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

I still want Pamela Voorhees added, it does not feel like a Friday the 13th game without her added in as the original killer. Have a special 1979 mode added in so you can play as her hunting the counselors in a stealthy way across the CCL Part 1 map. Add objectives like vehicle sabotage, cut phone lines, cut the power by cutting off generator, ect.

• Bengals8807 likes this

16473093_1250243108392793_22852703693095

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

I still want Pamela Voorhees added, it does not feel like a Friday the 13th game without her added in as the original killer. Have a special 1979 mode added in so you can play as her hunting the counselors in a stealthy way across the CCL Part 1 map. Add objectives like vehicle sabotage, cut phone lines, cut the power by cutting off generator, ect.

Good idea, maybe she doesn't work out for multiplayer but having some single player missions would be cool.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

JasonVsWindows

JasonVsWindows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

What do you mean by do him right? What is your concern? 

The only thing I think would be weird for Roy would be if Pamela was still talking to him.

200_s.gif#26

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Or Roy could morph/blink...or Roy could kill in some of the ways Jason can, he is afterall, comparatively weaker.he and pamela need new mechanics
  • DialM likes this

JasonVsWindows

JasonVsWindows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

I disagree Ralph, Roy does not need any new mechanics, every ability Jason does in this game makes sense for him to use as well.

Jason teleporting was never a canon ability, That just because the scenes were filmed poorly. even in game the teleport is treated like a VHS tape getting messed up. And I fail to see why Roy can't do the same kills as Jason, Roy was strong enough to bust through a door just like him and the whole point is that Roy is copying Jason so people will think he is Jason.

• Poetic_Injustice likes this

200_s.gif#26

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

No packs please.

I do not want a SINGLE map to be payable.  Jason models and cosmetics I'm all for, hell, even WEAPONS I'm willing to pay for.  Not maps.

It would basically be "I'm going to have you pay to NOT play with your friends."

No map packs.  They divide the playerbase far more.  Single payments for things that don't divide the playerbase is fine.  I don't see how that would ever divide the playerbase unless you are dead-set on making people pay for maps.  If you don't have pay for maps, you're golden, don't even have to worry about it.

But paying for maps would murder this game.  Especially considering there are only three, and "competition" like Dead By Daylight hand those out for free, albeit simple and small ones.

Last Year isn't going to be far behind F13th.  I wish both games luck but no doubt there will be competition for those who did not break for F13th.

Skins, Jasons, and Jason weapons will do well.  Making others pay for maps will kill it.  Introducing them only in packs will assure this game's destruction.

Fair points. Call me cynical, but I didn't think any games companies put out anything for free these days. I didn't know about DBD, and assumed 90% of all DLC has to be paid for. I'm admittedly still pretty new to the intricacies of last gen and new gen gaming concepts.  

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
I can see your point @jasonvs, but think about some of these... Can roy punch through people? Knock heads off barehanded in one blow? Etc etc... Hes a freekin paramedic. Me thinks not. Sure in the game realm...but really really...nah.
  • DialM likes this

JasonVsWindows

JasonVsWindows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Ok but those are kills we have to be equip to Jason right? What if we don't let Roy equip the suspension of disbelief breaking super strength kills, would that be a fair compromise?

200_s.gif#26

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

What do you mean by do him right? What is your concern?

The only thing I think would be weird for Roy would be if Pamela was still talking to him.

Don't think Roy should be a mega super mutant retard is all.
  • DialM likes this

JasonVsWindows

JasonVsWindows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Don't think Roy should be a mega super mutant retard is all.

Well he wouldn't be a mutant or a retard regardless. But seriously can you be more specific, your concern is still vague, your not giving me much to work with in this discussion. otherwise I'm going to assume your problem is the same a Ralph's

200_s.gif#26

Poetic_Injustice

Poetic_Injustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCanada, EH?

yeah i agree jasonvswindows roy was almost just as strong as part 1-4 jason like how he could throw a body through a window or hold someones neck with one hand, that kind of thing, so as long as he doesn't hit someones head off or rip someones jaw off he'll be good.

• JasonVsWindows likes this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
The question becomes...then if hes no different..just basically a reskin, is there really a just cause to have him in the game anyway then? What would set him apart?

JasonVsWindows

JasonVsWindows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

The same things that sets the other Jason's apart right now, different stats, maybe letting him run, and if the weapons are exclusive then give him his own as well (like the meat cleaver or something).

Roy is a Jason copycat so yes he would be reskin (just like the others) that's he why works for the game better then Pamela.

200_s.gif#26

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Id like a JGTH skin with the chrome mask seen in the poster.
  • Splatterhouse likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users