TMSStoneaxe

Future Jason Picks

107 posts in this topic

That's the thing, this is a crowd funded game. In order for them to release more content, it has to make financial sense to.

In order to sustain the game for those of us who are diehard (if you look at the backer total from KS and BK) that is going to be the main player base. We may grab some more after release who just simply never heard about it, but the main base is already here.

How do you maintain an online multiplayer?

Charge for dlc or charge per month subsciptions.

And before anyone screams about it, most predominantly online games do this. Final Fantasy Online has a subscription. DC Universe Online etc etc. 

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'd rather the game remain out and online active than it have to shut down because there is no cashflow to keep it going.

It's just simple economics.

That's the thing, this is a crowd funded game. In order for them to release more content, it has to make financial sense to.

In order to sustain the game for those of us who are diehard (if you look at the backer total from KS and BK) that is going to be the main player base. We may grab some more after release who just simply never heard about it, but the main base is already here.

How do you maintain an online multiplayer?

Charge for dlc or charge per month subsciptions.

And before anyone screams about it, most predominantly online games do this. Final Fantasy Online has a subscription. DC Universe Online etc etc. 

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'd rather the game remain out and online active than it have to shut down because there is no cashflow to keep it going.

It's just simple economics.

i was thinking they could have backerkit stay up after release and shit to fund more maps and such or they could make it so dlcs cost slightly more than they need to so when people pay for new jasons and such some of the money goes torwards maps

i was thinking they could have backerkit stay up after release and shit to fund more maps and such or they could make it so dlcs cost slightly more than they need to so when people pay for new jasons and such some of the money goes torwards maps

That would be dependent on how many people purchase the dlc.

It's all dependent on demand when it comes down to it.

But if you look at Kickstarter and backerkit there's about 50k backers in total. Take that as our baseline. The majority of these people are serious Friday fans and they want this game.

Being conservative with numbers here but let's say in first 6 months of release we add another 50k ... number might be more but we're going to go on solid base here. If we added 200k and 50k stuck around that is a fairly safe number. So you have now a solid 100k, out of those let's say 1/3 is strictly single player/offline,

So we're at 65k players on the servers, diehards and people who just found the game to be f'n amazing. 

Out of that, who's gonna buy all the dlc? Probably not everyone. Maybe half MIGHT buy all of it, 1/4 is probably more realistic. Because even though everyone of the 65k may LOVE the game, they may not all love every dlc or want it. So 21k buy dlc ... that's not funding very much. It's certainly not funding future dlc beyond that because ... maintaining the game.

HOWEVER, if those 65k who absolutely love the game paid say $10 per month subscription (pretty normal for most online subscription games) that would maintain the servers, provide for some dlc (which then we could get as just added) and provide a profit which makes it worthwhile to continue.

Like I said, for all I know we could have much higher numbers than that as far as players. I'm going barebones here as in the worst case scenario. Either way, maintaining, supporting the game and providing future content all require funding.

That would be dependent on how many people purchase the dlc.

It's all dependent on demand when it comes down to it.

But if you look at Kickstarter and backerkit there's about 50k backers in total. Take that as our baseline. The majority of these people are serious Friday fans and they want this game.

Being conservative with numbers here but let's say in first 6 months of release we add another 50k ... number might be more but we're going to go on solid base here. If we added 200k and 50k stuck around that is a fairly safe number. So you have now a solid 100k, out of those let's say 1/3 is strictly single player/offline,

So we're at 65k players on the servers, diehards and people who just found the game to be f'n amazing. 

Out of that, who's gonna buy all the dlc? Probably not everyone. Maybe half MIGHT buy all of it, 1/4 is probably more realistic. Because even though everyone of the 65k may LOVE the game, they may not all love every dlc or want it. So 21k buy dlc ... that's not funding very much. It's certainly not funding future dlc beyond that because ... maintaining the game.

HOWEVER, if those 65k who absolutely love the game paid say $10 per month subscription (pretty normal for most online subscription games) that would maintain the servers, provide for some dlc (which then we could get as just added) and provide a profit which makes it worthwhile to continue.

Like I said, for all I know we could have much higher numbers than that as far as players. I'm going barebones here as in the worst case scenario. Either way, maintaining, supporting the game and providing future content all require funding.

well they wouldnt just release ONE jason dlc and be all like hey the money from this goes to map making no its more of they release 3-5 jasons as dlc and then the extra goes to map making and im pretty sure atleast half the community will buy these dlcs because about half the community are die hard f13 fans so of course they're gonna pay for the rest of the movies jason's so that's a half decent ammount of money maybe not quite enough for it but that's what backerkit is for (donations from fans to help fund shit)

yeah i agree jasonvswindows roy was almost just as strong as part 1-4 jason like how he could throw a body through a window or hold someones neck with one hand, that kind of thing, so as long as he doesn't hit someones head off or rip someones jaw off he'll be good.

Yeah but he can't eat up machete swings.  And knowing Roy isn't ACTUALLY Jason, that feels way too off for me.

Yeah but he can't eat up machete swings.  And knowing Roy isn't ACTUALLY Jason, that feels way too off for me.

yeah but the same goes for jason 3/4, jason almost died before because he had an ax to the head and did actually die when tommy killed him witht the machete. Even though jason can hold more hits he is still weak like roy.

JasonVsWindows likes this

I'm guessing your not a big fan of part 5 in the first place then. Unless in your mind you see this as Roy literally becoming Jason rather then just being Roy. 

Roy's ability's are on par with Jason's 2,3, and 4. Being a copycat killer it already makes sense why he would act like Jason and why people in game would think he is Jason.

I mean if you play a superhero game is it that big a deal if Spider-Man can be reskined as Scarlet-Spider or if Hulk can be Red Hulk or Ironman into War Machine.

bewareofbears likes this

After the actual launch is a lot of big what-if's. They don't have any obligation to us other than maintaining the game that was backed by supporters. Whatever comes next is without the strings of Kickstarter and Backerkit attached.

My hope is they stay the course they've been on and add more stuff from the films- like Roy. ;)

After the actual launch is a lot of big what-if's. They don't have any obligation to us other than maintaining the game that was backed by supporters. Whatever comes next is without the strings of Kickstarter and Backerkit attached.

My hope is they stay the course they've been on and add more stuff from the films- like Roy. ;)

actually they already said at pax they're planning dlc so they don't have to but it would be a kick to the balls of their playerbase size if they didnt

actually they already said at pax they're planning dlc so they don't have to but it would be a kick to the balls of their playerbase size if they didnt

Yep, I'm aware- not sure you understood my post. No worries though.

I'm guessing your not a big fan of part 5 in the first place then. Unless in your mind you see this as Roy literally becoming Jason rather then just being Roy. 

Roy's ability's are on par with Jason's 2,3, and 4. Being a copycat killer it already makes sense why he would act like Jason and why people in game would think he is Jason.

I mean if you play a superhero game is it that big a deal if Spider-Man can be reskined as Scarlet-Spider or if Hulk can be Red Hulk or Ironman into War Machine.

He's a dude.

He's just a dude.  He's a dude wearing a hockey mask

Jason, in this case, is a mega uber powerful retard.  In this case he is.  Roy would not have the luxury of that being the case.

Jason was able to survive a machete being lodged halfway through his body, being hung from a barn from a height that should have snapped his neck, and an axe to the face.

Roy wouldn't be able to stand half that punishment.  So I don't see how these two characters are AT ALL comparable.

He's a dude.

He's just a dude.  He's a dude wearing a hockey mask

Jason, in this case, is a mega uber powerful retard.  In this case he is.  Roy would not have the luxury of that being the case.

Jason was able to survive a machete being lodged halfway through his body, being hung from a barn from a height that should have snapped his neck, and an axe to the face.

Roy wouldn't be able to stand half that punishment.  So I don't see how these two characters are AT ALL comparable.

roy until the climax was basically jason dont lie to yourself i remember thinking it was him until the mask came off

he was just as strong as 2-4

No u dont lie. Roy fell down when a chainsaw was thrown at him. Roy doubled over when stuck in his pee pee. Jason in part 4 had a tv electrocute his head, had his hand cleaved in 2 and a hammer buried in his neck. Hell in part 2 he took a machete half way through his upper torso. Roy def aint no jason.

roy until the climax was basically jason dont lie to yourself i remember thinking it was him until the mask came off

he was just as strong as 2-4

When I saw Part V for the very first time, the blue arrows on the hockey mask gave away that it was not Jason.

Ok guys, sure Roy is "human" but as far as his role in the movie, he pretty much is Jason. Can a normal man burst through a door like he did at the climax? He didn't get a running start and kick the door down, he shoulder-rammed the door apart. That's at least olympic level strength. And right after, Reggie sprinted away from the house, and after a good football field distance, Roy appeared in front of Reggie by the car. Now, either Roy broke Usain Bolt's record back in the 80s, or he can "teleport" as far as the story is concerned.

As far as durability Roy is much weaker than Jason, but he has the near the strength of Jason and can for all intents and purposes "morph" like Jason. As far as how he'd play in this game, I say make him kind of weak against counselor weapons but crank up his weapon damage and shift/morph abilities.

When I saw Part V for the very first time, the blue arrows on the hockey mask gave away that it was not Jason.

I said in an earlier reply that that was the only distinction until the climax also I don't see how that is a complete give away what if they just wanted to give him a new mask

No u dont lie. Roy fell down when a chainsaw was thrown at him. Roy doubled over when stuck in his pee pee. Jason in part 4 had a tv electrocute his head, had his hand cleaved in 2 and a hammer buried in his neck. Hell in part 2 he took a machete half way through his upper torso. Roy def aint no jason.

Roy got back up almost immediately after a tractor and also that shit happened in the climax Jason almost always seems to be weaker during the climax with shit like part 9 where he stumbles over trying to flip a jungle gym taking a machete to the head in part 4 and taking an axe to the head in part 3 making him pass out (which didn't go in that deep so don't say it would kill him real life people have survived much worse) to me Jason in parts 2-4 was a decently durable human at best just like Roy

Nope nope just nope. An axe didnt go deep?! If someone lodges an axe into yoyr head where it doesnt fall out on its own and holds in place isnt deep? Thats bone there in the forehead (clearly seen in his bone in part 7) and he didnt die. Part 9 doesnt count. If they couldnt even get the eye right surely details about jasons strength wouldnt be correct either. The machete to the head in 4 killed him. And jason isnt durable in the end (parts 2-4) actually, as he gets closer to 4 he becomes more unstoppable. Look at everything he took in part 4s end. In part 3 he was hung...and AT DISTANCE. A fall like that wouldve broken the average persons neck, on top of a choke, he was hung for a few minutes. I outright disagree with your comparision. Roy received NO life endangering wounds that jason did. If he did, NAME IT. Ill promptly shoot it down.

Ok guys, sure Roy is "human" but as far as his role in the movie, he pretty much is Jason. Can a normal man burst through a door like he did at the climax? He didn't get a running start and kick the door down, he shoulder-rammed the door apart. That's at least olympic level strength. And right after, Reggie sprinted away from the house, and after a good football field distance, Roy appeared in front of Reggie by the car. Now, either Roy broke Usain Bolt's record back in the 80s, or he can "teleport" as far as the story is concerned.

As far as durability Roy is much weaker than Jason, but he has the near the strength of Jason and can for all intents and purposes "morph" like Jason. As far as how he'd play in this game, I say make him kind of weak against counselor weapons but crank up his weapon damage and shift/morph abilities.

I'm pretty sure anyone can burst through doors fairly easily.

Humans do it all the time.

I'm pretty sure anyone can burst through doors fairly easily.

Humans do it all the time.

umm...i could never do that, no normal human can do that without a lot of steroids or muscles as big as arnold schwarzenegger

I think Roy's a beast. He's no Jason but he's vicious.

Two theories on his strength:

1. His son was murdered and he's riding the world's longest rush of adrenaline and grief, similar to the stories of Mom's lifting cars their kid is trapped under, etc.

2. Crystal Lake has a death curse, with Pamela and Jason dead at that time, the curse is transferred to Roy. That's why it follows Tommy as he killed Jason.

Anyway, those are "fan theories". Restricting some of the kills he can perform would be fine by me. This is Roy's only chance to get in a game and I appreciate he's not a fan favourite or even a version of Jason but he is pretty much Jason in the film until revealed otherwise.

Edit:

Didn't see your post, Ralph. You beat me to it.

He's a dude.

He's just a dude. He's a dude wearing a hockey mask

Jason, in this case, is a mega uber powerful retard. In this case he is. Roy would not have the luxury of that being the case.

Roy wouldn't be able to stand half that punishment. So I don't see how these two characters are AT ALL comparable.

Jason is also just some guy in a mask, super duper extra mega chocolatey special deluxe uber retard or not.

As said before Roy is comparable to Jason because he was meant to trick people into thinking he was him until his reveal.

I don't feel like comparing feats between the two because these abilities are very standard for slasher villains and I'm not debating that Jason is stronger. But the difference here is not a big deal, especially not enough to have to rework the game for what only needs to be a reskin

I think Roy's a beast. He's no Jason but he's vicious.

Two theories on his strength:

1. His son was murdered and he's riding the world's longest rush of adrenaline and grief, similar to the stories of Mom's lifting cars their kid is trapped under, etc.

2. Crystal Lake has a death curse, with Pamela and Jason dead at that time, the curse is transferred to Roy. That's why it follows Tommy as he killed Jason.

Anyway, those are "fan theories". Restricting some of the kills he can perform would be fine by me. This is Roy's only chance to get in a game and I appreciate he's not a fan favourite or even a version of Jason but he is pretty much Jason in the film until revealed otherwise.

Edit:

Didn't see your post, Ralph. You beat me to it.

I agree. I don't like Roy personally, but I still think he should be added at some point if only for completion sake.
bewareofbears likes this

Nope nope just nope. An axe didnt go deep?! If someone lodges an axe into yoyr head where it doesnt fall out on its own and holds in place isnt deep? Thats bone there in the forehead (clearly seen in his bone in part 7) and he didnt die. Part 9 doesnt count. If they couldnt even get the eye right surely details about jasons strength wouldnt be correct either. The machete to the head in 4 killed him. And jason isnt durable in the end (parts 2-4) actually, as he gets closer to 4 he becomes more unstoppable. Look at everything he took in part 4s end. In part 3 he was hung...and AT DISTANCE. A fall like that wouldve broken the average persons neck, on top of a choke, he was hung for a few minutes. I outright disagree with your comparision. Roy received NO life endangering wounds that jason did. If he did, NAME IT. Ill promptly shoot it down.

it still doesnt look that deep and again real life people have survived much worse 

Roy is still just as strong as 2-4